AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-01, 14:48   Link #1541
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Too bad, Percy Harvin had been benefiting big time with Moss on the field. Well, Sidney Rice is supposed to be back on the field in a few weeks I guess.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 16:20   Link #1542
ChainLegacy
廉頗

LOL now who's questioning Belichick's decision...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 20:41   Link #1543
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
LOL now who's questioning Belichick's decision...
I wouldn't be completely surprised if Moss ended back up with New England after this year for significantly less money. He'd rather finish his career with the Pats than with any other team.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 00:02   Link #1544
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Does anyone see Childress being back in Minnesota next season?
Old 2010-11-02, 00:58   Link #1545
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Moss ends up somewhere else, Favre might pull the plug now and Childress...he'd better start looking for a day job because letting the Vikings go from a conference final team to this in 1 season is...

Green Bay shut out the Jets? And 'Who Dat?!' is back up and running - Brees was unstoppable in that 2nd half. Pittsburgh suddenly don't look like a solid enough team, particularly on offense.

Oakland is the dark horse this year....they have an unusually good offense at the moment. Their demolition job on Seattle is worth noticing.

Thankfully the Colts beat the Texans and are in first in their division now. I'd like to see Peyton Manning win more than 1 Superbowl.

Wonder if Moss could end up with the Colts, they're in need of a wide receiver with the injuries they're having and Garson being erratic.
Old 2010-11-02, 10:05   Link #1546
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The decision to cut Moss is less about Bill Belichick and more about Brad Childress in survival mode…Childress is the idiot…

Moss obviously didn’t help himself with the postgame presser, but players don’t give a $hit about stuff like that…He was emotional and he credited his former team so what? Any player that can’t get sleep at night and play hard the next game over that is brain-boggling… What really got him in trouble was questioning some of the coaching moves (Terrible coaching moves by a $hitty coach named Brad Childress), but to me this was more of a “Who said it” than a “What was said”…Randy Moss was just with the Patriots and understands that team and if you are worth you’re salt you might wanna listen to his insights on how to beat that team and that culture that has been created in New England…He’s been around the "mastermind” BB, and the “Goldenboy” Tom Brady, you’d think coaches would respect his mind, but because he’s Randy Moss the diva receiver you can’t respect his insights…Dude is just a first ballot Hall of Famer..I know, I know you can't be taken seriously if you have perceived stereotype about you ...

Football is the only sport where players really don’t have much of an opportunity to influence the coaching staff (Unless you’re Brady, Brees, or Manning of course)…In baseball a pitcher and catcher gets to call the whole game, in the NBA the players are many times coaches on the floor with the actual coach just being a manager of personalities and minutes played…Football, because of it’s 11 players, can’t be the same but I think there’s a thread of truth in Moss’ frustration over the coaches in Minn., not heading any of his insights into playing THAT TEAM…

It is what it is…Wasted a future 3rd round pick (BIGTIME pick in the NFL), many players in Minn. are upset and ownership was reported floored by this, but Brad Childress will get the stick–in-the-booty on this no doubt…
Old 2010-11-02, 10:20   Link #1547
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I've long hated Childress. The guy had no idea how to run an offense in Philly and he blows as a head coach in minn. If he is let go good, becuase it's been a longtime coming.

My dad being a huge Viking fan the team has kind of been my second team to root for and it is frustrating seeing such talent on a team go to waste over the years do to horrible coaching decisions and managment.

Is there anyone out there who actually thinks Brad Childress is a good coach? Watch him in a crucial spot when it comes to clock management. He is so confused and nervous. Someone on that Vikings team coaching staff should also teach those on defense how to tackle/cover properly. The only good execution I see in those departments are the lineman or Winefield. Prime example #20 covering that wide open patriots reciever on that long bomb by Brady. Guy totally failed at measuring up and was juked by a mile.

Also I don't think I've ever seen a Vikings defender attempt to punch a ball out, even when they're in perfect position to do so. Some coaching changes need to happen with the Vikings, enough is enough.

I'd like to believe Zigi Wylf was on a bender the likes of which have only been seen in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when he offered Childress that contract extension a while back, but the reality is that he's just another idiot amongst the many apart of the Vikings organization.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 10:59   Link #1548
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

If anybody deserved to be cut after that game is was #21 Asher effin Allen and his insufferable inability to tackle all season…
Old 2010-11-03, 11:14   Link #1549
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The Cowboys are beyond laughable...that performance by them was a disgrace...how the hell does someone catch the ball, then upon landing not only lose it but toss it into the hands of the guy next to them?! If Kitna is that bad, why the hell is he even on their roster?
Old 2010-11-03, 22:49   Link #1550
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Moss is going to Tennessee.
Old 2010-11-03, 23:23   Link #1551
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Moss is going to Tennessee.
Yeah he can do to Tennessee without a pathetic coach and good food caterers.

Vikings have shot themselves in the foot because of this!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 17:21   Link #1552
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Just to throw it out there I don't here too many McNabb enablers here defending him...Everyone in the media defends him like he's a McTeddy Bear or something...There have been whispers for years about his work habits and conditioning...Now Shanahan may have pulled a douche move the way he did it, but the numbers don't lie, McNasty has pretty much sucked this year...

*Moves outta the way to avoid the lightning that strikes you when you talk negatively about Donovan McNabb*
Old 2010-11-04, 17:47   Link #1553
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
*Moves outta the way to avoid the lightning that strikes you when you talk negatively about Donovan McNabb*[/B]
I'm usually that lightning strike, but not this time. Yes he has definitely played bad this year. Right at the start he played okay (especially that Texans game), as did the Redskins team as a whole, but now it's just painful for me to watch. I'll always root for the guy, but he is obviously off his game. In his defense though I know all too well how he can't handle pressure ever since his mobility has left him and the Redskins OL has done nothing in regards to protecting the guy; although I will not chock up all his bad throwing to "bad protection" because that is just not the case.

In other news lookign forward to Vick making starting again. I'm anxious to see how my Eagles they handle the Colts. If they win my hopes for this season with skyrocket.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-11-05 at 20:52.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 17:55   Link #1554
Highman

Breaking news looks like Cam Newton won't get a Heisman this year!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5765214

SEC and NCAA confirmed idiots!
Old 2010-11-04, 18:15   Link #1555
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Don't jump to conclusions and wait for more facts(if any) to come out, dude. It sounds fishy, some guy claiming that he represents Cam Newton and asking for money? It would be silly to assume anything now.
Old 2010-11-05, 18:49   Link #1556
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Breaking news looks like Cam Newton won't get a Heisman this year!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5765214

SEC and NCAA confirmed idiots!
Wrong man, I agree with Dilla... you can't jump to conclusions!

Granted, I am biased as an Auburn man, but seriously, what I have seen of his actions off the field at Auburn and the classiness of his family, I find it hard to believe.

This is mainly just another opportunity people are using to pile on Auburn. ESPN and CBS despise Auburn for the most part. So, it makes sense that they would use this. The fact that people are threatening the death penalty over this without adequate knowledge is just ASININE!!!

Take this article for example... http://cfn.scout.com/2/1018623.html
That article was heavily edited... I'm sure only after a tidal wave of flame mail!

The original with alterations noted was archived here: http://theauburner.com/petefiu.html
I'm glad the original version was saved in some capacity since it shows the ridiculousness of some people's mind-set around this!
Old 2010-11-06, 14:24   Link #1557
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Wrong man, I agree with Dilla... you can't jump to conclusions!

Granted, I am biased as an Auburn man, but seriously, what I have seen of his actions off the field at Auburn and the classiness of his family, I find it hard to believe.

This is mainly just another opportunity people are using to pile on Auburn. ESPN and CBS despise Auburn for the most part. So, it makes sense that they would use this. The fact that people are threatening the death penalty over this without adequate knowledge is just ASININE!!!

Take this article for example... http://cfn.scout.com/2/1018623.html
That article was heavily edited... I'm sure only after a tidal wave of flame mail!

The original with alterations noted was archived here: http://theauburner.com/petefiu.html
I'm glad the original version was saved in some capacity since it shows the ridiculousness of some people's mind-set around this!
Well I can say that NCAA needs to stop policing Colleges everywhere on teams, no one and I mean no one isn't pure of anything.
Old 2010-11-06, 14:44   Link #1558
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Thank you, Clemson.
Old 2010-11-06, 16:16   Link #1559
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
... no one and I mean no one isn't pure of anything.
True, true!

Now, if only Hawaii would wake up and beat Boise... that would make my day and clean up some of this stuff, since I am afraid some people may vote for a non-AQ team in a symbolic vote against Auburn.

However, I won't jump to conclusions. I will wait until tomorrow to see what happens before I complain. I may have no reason to complain yet... and it won't matter if Auburn loses any of their remaining games, so...
Old 2010-11-06, 18:17   Link #1560
Rajura

Sorry for the double post, but hey dark... what do you say?

Crazy game... I definitely thought LSU was gonna get their butts handed to 'em, but they played lights out!!!

Well done! Y'all looked freaking solid, though playing Bama at #5 would be better for us. And now, they'll be out just to ruin our season! You guys suck for what you did! Hahahaha!

Tags
american football, sports