AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-10-22, 20:00   Link #1
broken270
Defying gravity

Best Moe Tournament 2012

While Best Moe is long over, I just thought I should create this thread to post awareness about the future of Best Moe. For starters, I'll post the results from Quarterfinal to Final.
Spoiler:

While the numbers tell the story, the main issue is what is going to happen next year (if it will exist at all): https://anizone.net/Moet_Forum/113117907 While the post is in Korean, the plan still remains the following. Next year, they are going to replace a voting system to set up a point system where a character will get a certain amount of points depending on how many campaign posts are created for the character and how many favorable replies there are for the said post Apparently, the administrator has no interest in expanding the awareness of the event, as he wants the whole thing to be event where lovers of the same character can gather and share the love. I have absolutely no idea what the administrator was thinking when coming up with this, but I feel that what he is doing is wrong and needs to be fixed immediately before this system is possibly set into stone for next year.

A post has been created in the international board here talking about their concerns about Best Moe's future, but three people does not appear to be enough to budge them to say anything back. I feel that if more people state their concerns about this system, state what used to be good about it, state the cons for the new system, and provide ways to get it back to its feet the way it used to, the administrator would at least budge to give us a statement due to the amount of postage. I do not wish to see a tournament like KBM disappear when it used to have such a great run in the past. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to this.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 20:10   Link #2
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Judging by those numbers, they didn't bother to tell anyone it was even going on (this is the first mention of it this year that I recall).

200-400 votes is entirely too small for something that use to generate votes into the 10,000s.

With Saimoe itself having trouble generating 1,000 votes a match, ISML seems to be the only one with any real following, as its finals are generating in the 10,000 votes region.
Old 2012-10-22, 21:40   Link #3
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I am pleased to see Hitagi won, but... those vote totals!

Last year's unprecedented tournament reset fiasco might have been a major factor in this year's very low turnouts. In the Anizone international forum, I also saw a couple of threads about voting problems involving bugs in the system. While that does not say anything about the overall reliability of the system this year, it could have been another factor for those who encountered it as well.

This proposed system seems to me that it's all about just gathering the most "likes" for certain campaign posts (in their forums?) - they're doing away with the established voting tournament structure and letting it all simply collapse into this.

Any rules, eligibility and other specifics on this new system? Or is it going to be just one free-for-all campaigning mess in their forums?
Old 2012-10-22, 21:45   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
I am pleased to see Hitagi won, but... those vote totals!

Last year's unprecedented tournament reset fiasco might have been a major factor in this year's very low turnouts. In the Anizone international forum, I also saw a couple of threads about voting problems involving bugs in the system. While that does not say anything about the overall reliability of the system this year, it could have been another factor for those who encountered it as well.
I agree after the reset thing last year, I didn't even care to look for stuff on it this year, maybe others felt the same.

Though Hitagi winning is good with me .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 02:11   Link #5
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I agree after the reset thing last year, I didn't even care to look for stuff on it this year, maybe others felt the same.
Well, I kinda warned them about integrity...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 10:01   Link #6
Archaeon

And I thought this year J-Saimoe final round total votes is terrible.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2012-11-06 at 11:13.
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
saimoe, tournament