Notices

Old 2013-12-30, 01:03   Link #1221
EroKing

Old 2013-12-30, 02:12   Link #1222
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Maruto didn't make the show by himself.
Yes, but one of the most important parts of an adaptation. The script.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 02:30   Link #1223
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

He's a game scenario writer, not a show script writer. Plus, a good script doesn't mean a good show everytime.
Old 2013-12-30, 04:09   Link #1224
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
He's a game scenario writer, not a show script writer. Plus, a good script doesn't mean a good show everytime.
Actually Maruto did series composition and scripts for this adaptation. That's one of the reasons it's highly unusual.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2013-12-30 at 09:27.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 05:47   Link #1225
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
WA2:IC could have been so much more, but I guess that's the best that we're gonna get for now. Hopefully someone more capable handles the sequels...
*shakes head*

Being someone who hasn't played the IC myself, but knew about its contents prior to airing, I still don't see how it could have been handled "better". Especially the threaded presentation as opposed to a mere chronical representation was brilliant.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 06:14   Link #1226
Tenzen12

There is no such thing that can't be improved, but bar Sakurasou i don't think there was any better handled romance in recent years.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 08:24   Link #1227
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

But isn't Maruto still handling the anime script too if I'm not mistaken?
There're things that actually good but not conveyed in the anime (from my personal view is about how Kazusa actually had fun when teaching Haruki), but Maruto himself ever said in his interview that he wanted to make this anime to be enjoyable by the game player and the first timer which he meant that it will bring new experience/view too from the game player

just like Tenzen said, it can be improved, as no anime that actually can't improve...
But in a 13 episode of anime, this much actually can be said as good already... This is one of a good adaptation of anime from a VN (well KN actually)
so...I as the game player too still find this anime to be acceptable and among the best of VN adaptation to an anime
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 11:22   Link #1228
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm 100% sure if they had presented the story differently, i (and probably many others) would not speak of as highly as we are.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 13:56   Link #1229
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
This show exceeded my expectations and it was one of the better romance shows I've seen in a while. It was much better than True Tears by a long shot.

That was one crazy ending, Setsuna seeing Touma and Haruki kissing each other right in front of her was so heartbreaking. I really felt bad for her. That reminded me of School Days, but at least it didn't end like that.

In the end Touma wins, and Setsuna gets the last laugh perhaps.

I wonder what is to become of Haruki and Setsuna?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 14:47   Link #1230
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I wonder what is to become of Haruki and Setsuna?
That story will be told in Closing Chapter + Coda, if they animate it. Otherwise, there's always the game (PC/PS3/Vita).
Old 2013-12-30, 20:51   Link #1231
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

I seem to have been misunderstood.
Yes, Maruto wrote the script. He did it while of writing another novel, and did it so fast that even the director was surprised.
I think the story/script is fine. I'd rather have more content from the game than the tasteless fan-service, but I guess there an audience for that.
The direction is mostly fine. Although there are places where scenes seem to be oddly prolonged just to fit the BGM/song. I guess you don't argue with the music director when he's the one putting in the most money.
The music's pretty good too, although all but one song in the entire show is old and rearranged.
My biggest beef is with the visuals department. When the main character looks like 18 different people each episode, and when it's so rushed they had to redo half of episode 7, I get disappointed.
Maybe they'll pick some new staff. Maybe they'll have more time to not have to rush next time. There's hope.
Spoiler for personal opinions for the sequels:
Old 2013-12-31, 05:21   Link #1232
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
There is no such thing that can't be improved, but bar Sakurasou i don't think there was any better handled romance in recent years.
Whoah someone else praising Sakurasou's romance? You and I are a rare breed; all I remember was the fires of rage from the community with the particular direction it took lol. For all the faults Sakurasou had IMO, the romance aspect certainly wasn't one of it.

Though I do disagree, because even with me as an Okadafag, I still think WA2's romance was a smidge better.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 05:30   Link #1233
Tenzen12

Realy? I don't remember sakuarous being critised for anything else but having Korean food in it

For Okada, I never was able go along story about pervert who get turned on by crying girls and spend half episodes thinking which girl cry better instead of doing something about that. (ghost girl and mermaids are ok, but too much melodrama for me anyway). So in the end we might be rare breed, but definitely different kind.

And thus, I do think WA2 is far above most of romances out there.
Old 2013-12-31, 08:16   Link #1234
Crimson7

So what are the chances of getting CC and CODA animated?
Crimson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 12:40   Link #1235
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Realy? I don't remember sakuarous being critised for anything else but having Korean food in it
Spoiler for Sakursaou BIG ONES:

Old 2013-12-31, 12:49   Link #1236
Tenzen12

If nothing else it wasn't on animesuki nor TV tropes...
Old 2013-12-31, 13:06   Link #1237
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Guess you missed that post 5 entries into the last episode thread, which pretty much sums up the most often mentioned complaint I've seen of Sakurasou (even if they do like the series overall). While the other half of the complainers were already gone by then, due to them being disillusioned like around the halfway mark IIRC.

Old 2013-12-31, 13:28   Link #1238
Tenzen12

You might be right. If you don't mind I would leave left it be on it as we are quite off topic for while. (Sakurasou is still one of best handled romances of decade if not ever anyway.)
Old 2013-12-31, 19:08   Link #1239
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

From WA2's twitter, the epi13 on nico has a few changes compared to the TV ver.
Old 2013-12-31, 19:24   Link #1240
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I kind of feel the ending (if this truly is the end of the anime) is too good for Haruki . He managed to bang the girl he loves before she leaves, and Ogiso is still there clinging to him. That guy from White Album 1 would be so proud of him .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Guess you missed that post 5 entries into the last episode thread, which pretty much sums up the most often mentioned complaint I've seen of Sakurasou (even if they do like the series overall). While the other half of the complainers were already gone by then, due to them being disillusioned like around the halfway mark IIRC.
Quote:
You might be right. If you don't mind I would leave left it be on it as we are quite off topic for while. (Sakurasou is still one of best handled romances of decade if not ever anyway.)
DragoonKain3 is indeed right about the complaints for Sakurasou. Simple as that. It's still a good show, but obviously not flaw-proof.

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical