AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Old 2013-10-23, 04:10   Link #1001
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Mako is the best character of the season.
Old 2013-10-23, 05:13   Link #1002
Candyshark

As far fanart goes it seems green haired guy and marching band uniform chick Nonon caught plenty of attention.

Mako should participate in fighting she takes absurd amount of beating without having a scratch. Such talent should not be wasted.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 05:39   Link #1003
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

WHich is weird because marching band girl has all of one line of dialouge in the series so far.
Old 2013-10-23, 05:41   Link #1004
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Seriously I love Mako's reactions too hilarious XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
More evidence for the yuri shippers
Lol, I thought the same . It's amazing and kinda cute how she takes care of her . Also Mako is definitely too obsessed with Ryuko's boobs .

I, for one, welcome our new scissor-wielding teenage lesbian overlords.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 06:47   Link #1005
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

I just noticed the way that mako's hair bounces when she get's set down. Not much of a movement at all, but still pretty cool, epecially since the majority of her body doesn't seem to move at all.
Old 2013-10-23, 07:36   Link #1006
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As a Noein viewer, I was amused that Hakodate was being sent off to take over Hokkaido. Many of these characters have unusual surnames. Do any of the others have meanings like Hakodate's?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 09:37   Link #1007
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
As far fanart goes it seems green haired guy and marching band uniform chick Nonon caught plenty of attention.

Mako should participate in fighting she takes absurd amount of beating without having a scratch. Such talent should not be wasted.
But but... that's just part of her charm... She will definitely get killed if she went fighting...
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 10:20   Link #1008
Breimoon

Quote:
But but... that's just part of her charm... She will definitely get killed if she went fighting...
unless she is the hidden boss!! :P
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 10:37   Link #1009
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

So sushio did an artpiece of Ryuko mid-transformation for the recent... Newtype, I think. Don't know if it was posted before- didn't see it so here and it's huge:

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 13:23   Link #1010
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
So sushio did an artpiece of Ryuko mid-transformation for the recent... Newtype, I think. Don't know if it was posted before- didn't see it so here and it's huge:

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Was there any new info in this issue, or just artwork?

Last edited by v1cious; 2013-10-23 at 13:52.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 13:35   Link #1011
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
unless she is the hidden boss!! :P
That would be... interesting but... NAH
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 14:59   Link #1012
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
That would be... interesting but... NAH
Maybe Mako's mother? She's just creepy enough in her "Hi, I'm the okasan" sort of way.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 16:26   Link #1013
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
WHich is weird because marching band girl has all of one line of dialouge in the series so far.
She's voiced by Shintani Mayumi of FLCL fame, it's a no brainer that there would be people willing to do it just out of that fact alone
Old 2013-10-23, 16:57   Link #1014
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
She's voiced by Shintani Mayumi of FLCL fame, it's a no brainer that there would be people willing to do it just out of that fact alone
She also has a cute design.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 16:59   Link #1015
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Mako is the best character of the season.
Agreed. Mako is the best. She's the ultimate air-headed genki girl.
Old 2013-10-23, 17:21   Link #1016
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
Agreed. Mako is the best. She's the ultimate air-headed genki girl.

The funny thing is she's not quite as air-headed as she appears to be. Her interjections while funny are also insightful. She also foreshadowed herself earlier in episode three. When Ryuko denied liking wearing such a revealing outfit, Mako interjects with there's no way you can wear an outfit like that and not like it. And low and behold Ryuko has to accept Senketsu and all of his half nakedness to truly become one with him.

When Ryuko points out that Senketsu feels rough, Mako likens it to goosebumps, and goosebumps generally mean something.
Old 2013-10-23, 17:57   Link #1017
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The funny thing is she's not quite as air-headed as she appears to be. Her interjections while funny are also insightful. She also foreshadowed herself earlier in episode three. When Ryuko denied liking wearing such a revealing outfit, Mako interjects with there's no way you can wear an outfit like that and not like it. And low and behold Ryuko has to accept Senketsu and all of his half nakedness to truly become one with him.

When Ryuko points out that Senketsu feels rough, Mako likens it to goosebumps, and goosebumps generally mean something.
That's a good point.

I guess a lot of her charm comes from the fact that, despite how silly and foolish she can be, her instinctive judgements are remarkably accurate.
Old 2013-10-23, 18:00   Link #1018
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Was there any new info in this issue, or just artwork?
I have noo idea. Never bought a Newtype- just thought I'd share sushio's great work.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 18:04   Link #1019
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post

Based on the way Mako says his surface felt like goosebumps, I believe she doesn't know that Senketsu is alive. I'm pretty sure the goosebumps were literally goosebumps, because he sensed and was wary of Junketsu's presence. You may remember Ryuko noting how Senketsu was nervous the night before their fight with Satsuki, and this kept Ryuko up all night thinking something bad was going to happen.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 18:34   Link #1020
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Based on the way Mako says his surface felt like goosebumps, I believe she doesn't know that Senketsu is alive. I'm pretty sure the goosebumps were literally goosebumps, because he sensed and was wary of Junketsu's presence. You may remember Ryuko noting how Senketsu was nervous the night before their fight with Satsuki, and this kept Ryuko up all night thinking something bad was going to happen.
Yeah, that was essentially my point in not so many words. Senketsu was most likely feeling apprehensive and thus had goosebumps, and Mako points this out (the goosebumps thing). Ryuko just notes he feels rough, saying something feels rough doesn't quite have the same meaning as saying something or someone has goosebumps or feels like they have goosebumps.

It's quite possible that she ended up feeling apprehensive herself because her and Senketsu share a bond and she may be able to feel what he feels. It's also possible Mako's comment did the same thing. Or a combination of both.

Tags
action, aniplex, comedy, fanservice, high school, imaishi, trigger