Players: 1 (Offline) / 2 (Online)
Release Date: Early 2018
Developer: Media Vision
Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Voiceover: Japanese
Text: English, German

Official Website

Quote:
A New Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Title Appears!

For the March 2015-released Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, the basic concept of the Digimon Story series so far—a training RPG where you “adventure,” “train,” and “battle” while collecting Digimon—was kept in tact, and by powering up the setting and game systems with the theme of being a “game directed towards adults,” the title received high praise from many Digimon fans.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory will be a new entry in the Cyber Sleuth series based on the setting and game systems of the previous title, in which a new story will develop.

A Story on the Other Side of “Cyber Sleuth”

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory will tell another story that happened on the other side of the events depicted in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, from the point of view of a new protagonist.

In near future Tokyo, where the boundaries between reality and cyberspace have blurred, players will use AI-based computer viruses known as “Digimon” generated in cyberspace and become a new generation of hacker to solve the case of a rise in hostile hackers and Digimon.

The protagonist is not a hero chosen to save the world.

In the face of a world crisis—while previously established common sense and values significantly change—struggle to desperately protect your friends, family, and the place where you belong. This is a cyberpunk story with even stronger sci-fi elements!

Game Volume

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory depicts the story that happens on the other side of the previous title from the point of view of a new protagonist and characters.

The scenarios and quests are brand new and have the same volume of the previous title, the total number of Digimon that will appear has become 320, and the breadth of training has expanded.

Also, since it is set in the same world, it will share maps with the previous game, but about 30 new maps have been added for a total of about 90 maps.

Gematsu

Last edited by Aoi Toori; 2017-03-21 at 08:00.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 12:15   Link #2
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good news .

Definitely enjoyed playing Cyber Sleuth and hopefully we'll see that over here.
Old 2017-03-18, 12:48   Link #3
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Yes It was a great JRPG.

Still confused is this a direct sequel of CS or new game in the same timeframe as CS though.
Old 2017-03-18, 13:23   Link #4
Galaxian

Cyber Sleuth so far as been my favorite Digimon game, so this is great news.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 16:08   Link #5
Dextro
He Without a Title

Excellent news! I was hooked on CS in a way I hadn't been in a while. I rank that game very highly for me, it was very enjoyable so it makes me very happy to see more coming from it.

Some more info from Gematsu:

Quote:
Hacker’s Memory is set in the same world as the original Cyber Sleuth and features a new story “on the other side of Cyber Sleuth.” The protagonist is Keisuke Amazawa (name changeable), a young man who had to jump into the hacker world after he was made the criminal in a case he knows nothing about. Character designs look to again be by Suzuhito Yasuda.

The basic systems from the original Cyber Sleuth, including the Digi-Farm, will return, with various elements powered up. Over 320 Digimon will appear.
Does the "other side" mean that alternate universe you jump into at one point during CS?
Old 2017-03-18, 16:18   Link #6
Wandering Soul

I finished Cyber Sleuth not too long ago and I loved it, so this is great news to me.
Old 2017-03-18, 19:52   Link #7
Galaxian

I want Megidramon, Dukemon CM, the rest of Huckmon/Jesmon's line, Susanoomon, and the Sovereigns to be added.
Old 2017-03-18, 20:43   Link #8
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Released in 2017, nice. Hopefully the localization won't take much time.
There's also a rumor of female MC will be announced later like previous games.

Another scans

Gotsumon, Tentomon, or Betamon as starter?

Last edited by Aoi Toori; 2017-03-19 at 05:54.
Old 2017-03-19, 09:09   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Eh, If Mervamon is in i'll come play this one. Right now I have my hands full with 100%ing Digimon World.
Old 2017-03-19, 10:06   Link #10
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
Released in 2017, nice. Hopefully the localization won't take much time.
There's also a rumor of female MC will be announced later like previous games.

Another scans
Spoiler for :

Gotsumon, Tentomon, or Betamon as starter?
I see Unimon, Golemon, Dagomon, and what looks like Crescemon, FanBeemon, and Strikdramon in the scans. If I remember correctly, none of those Digimon were in the first game.
Old 2017-03-19, 12:57   Link #11
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Yes they are new and Catchmamemon also in.
Old 2017-03-20, 05:38   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The only problem with the PS4 is that there are too many games.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 15:14   Link #13
Rex19

I admit that for various reasons I still need to finish the first one, but this is a good news.
Rex19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 23:16   Link #14
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory first details

Official Website

Quote:
A New Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Title Appears!

For the March 2015-released Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, the basic concept of the Digimon Story series so far—a training RPG where you “adventure,” “train,” and “battle” while collecting Digimon—was kept in tact, and by powering up the setting and game systems with the theme of being a “game directed towards adults,” the title received high praise from many Digimon fans.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory will be a new entry in the Cyber Sleuth series based on the setting and game systems of the previous title, in which a new story will develop.

A Story on the Other Side of “Cyber Sleuth”

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory will tell another story that happened on the other side of the events depicted in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, from the point of view of a new protagonist.

In near future Tokyo, where the boundaries between reality and cyberspace have blurred, players will use AI-based computer viruses known as “Digimon” generated in cyberspace and become a new generation of hacker to solve the case of a rise in hostile hackers and Digimon.

The protagonist is not a hero chosen to save the world.

In the face of a world crisis—while previously established common sense and values significantly change—struggle to desperately protect your friends, family, and the place where you belong. This is a cyberpunk story with even stronger sci-fi elements!

Game Volume

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory depicts the story that happens on the other side of the previous title from the point of view of a new protagonist and characters.

The scenarios and quests are brand new and have the same volume of the previous title, the total number of Digimon that will appear has become 320, and the breadth of training has expanded.

Also, since it is set in the same world, it will share maps with the previous game, but about 30 new maps have been added for a total of about 90 maps.

More infos on gematsu
Old 2017-03-21, 06:17   Link #15
InvaderBen

Looking forward to this too! Loved Cyber Sleuth and I'm so glad to see more Digimon games coming out. I feel like there were too many Pokemon games so it's nice to have more of Digimon for a change.
Old 2017-03-21, 06:25   Link #16
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

And it's nice that we don't have to wait long to play the game, early 2018 with Jap voice.

Quote:
Bandai Namco will release Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and digitally for PS Vita in North America and Europe in early 2018, the company announced.

gematsu
Old 2017-03-21, 21:10   Link #17
GDB

Whether I give this game a chance or not will likely depend on how balanced it is. As enjoyable as Cyber Sleuth was, the balance was pretty abysmal and I'm not sure I can justify buying a slightly shinier version with similar balance issues.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 00:56   Link #18
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That's pretty nice that they've already confirmed the western release.

I fully expect to get it. For one I want to continue the stream of Digimon games coming out here. And also I enjoyed Cyber Sleuth and fully look forward to jumping in with this one.
Old 2017-06-27, 17:27   Link #19
Galaxian

Megidramon is going to be in the game.

Spoiler for Scan:

I've seen to have gotten most of my wish (Dukemon CM and BaoHuckmon were confirmed a couple of months ago) so I'm extremely happy.
Old 2017-06-27, 17:37   Link #20
Wandering Soul

^Guess now that they have been confirmed, we just have to hold out for Susanoomon and the sovereigns.

Tags
digimon, ps vita, rpg