Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-05, 08:52   Link #2621
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I hate shipping, generally, okay.

The only reason I haven't joined the anit-shipping brigade is because i think it can be used well and can actually have an effect on the plot, if the writer is good enough. I think Kishi is good enough. And I think Zutarians are scum for putting their own desires above a better plot.
So you are comparing Naruto to Zuko and Katara to Sakura? It doesn't add up in my mind, for once something has temporarily messed up my way of thinking for a while.

If it's just the psychology behind the pairings then that's fine. On the other hand, there's no damned way that Naruto could be as cool as Zuko.
Old 2009-07-05, 08:59   Link #2622
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Huh? Oh no I wasn't comparing them. I'm just saying it's the same psychology.

And cool is always percieved subjectively. I think Naruto now is definately cooler than Zuko.
Old 2009-07-05, 09:42   Link #2623
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Seriously, boys.... seriously... Stay real.
If a friend of yours falls in love with a girl, you can't just go there and say "get the hell done with that girl, she doesn't suit you. I've seen that other girl friday night in the disco and she suits you better. Stop dating her now.

What I want to say is that it doesn't matter, ever, period! It's none of your business and it won't ever become your business – neither in the real world, nor in Naruto. Don't you ever dare to mix in other people's feelings.
Old 2009-07-05, 09:45   Link #2624
leoblack9

Quote:
Huh? Oh no I wasn't comparing them. I'm just saying it's the same psychology.

And cool is always percieved subjectively. I think Naruto now is definately cooler than Zuko.
Yeah and I consider "cool" to be objective. I consider Zuko "hot."

Zuko to Naruto: You're technically an airbender right? Airbenders are lame, I can breathe fire from every part of my body, beat that you <insert any name here>
Old 2009-07-05, 09:57   Link #2625
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Zuko to Naruto: You're technically an airbender right? Airbenders are lame, I can breathe fire from every part of my body, beat that you <insert any name here>
Yeah but airbenders can do the most awesome parkour ever.
Old 2009-07-05, 10:42   Link #2626
Alchemist007
*Author

What are you all...I don't even.
Old 2009-07-05, 13:15   Link #2627
Takashipl

Well, i preferred Kataang from the start, and when i heard Zutara was more popular i was like wtf? It was obvious it will never happen.
Same case here: i think Naruto will end up with Sakura. If not, he won't be paired with anyone else. There are clues for that, and any clues for NaruHina aren't from Kishi, but from anime creators.
That doesn't mean i'm other pairing hater. I've read NaruSaku, NaruHina, NaruIno, NaruTema, NaruTayu fics and i can appreciate good piece of writing. But I belive place of other pairings is right there - in fanfics. And NaruSaku will be canon
Old 2009-07-05, 19:32   Link #2628
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

SakuHina > anything with Naruto. Leave him to his true love Sasuke.

There are really no comparisons between Avatar and Naruto parings. With the exception of Sokka x Suki and Shikamaru x Temari. They are pretty damn similar and are the only pairings to avoid the suck of the fandom.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:26   Link #2629
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Call me anticlimactic, but I think it would be sweet if Sakura died........though nobody dies in DBZ *ahem* I mean Naruto, so I suppose that's just wishful thinking....

Quote:
..any clues for NaruHina aren't from Kishi, but from anime creators.
Oh? And what of her confessing to him pre-trying to save his life?
Old 2009-07-06, 05:52   Link #2630
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Oh? And what of her confessing to him pre-trying to save his life?
Wasn't really included in Kishi's original plan, just the powerful effects of the fans of the series, who made up the pairing by the way.
Old 2009-07-06, 05:54   Link #2631
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Wasn't really included in Kishi's original plan, just the powerful effects of the fans of the series, who made up the pairing by the way.
Old 2009-07-06, 05:58   Link #2632
leoblack9

Quote:
Read it in some translated interview of Kishi about that matter. You can call me guilty because I have no clue on where I've read or how I've gotten to it.
Old 2009-07-06, 06:02   Link #2633
ACrIkeD

According to Sakura's Love Umbrella on the sand, she erased Sasuke's name from the left side of Japanese Love Umbrella. This means their relationship is over if there was any. This can be seen in Naruto endings before she starts to run on the beach.

Naruto is still in love with Sakura, even after Hinata told the truth about her feelings.

The new person around the serie is Karin. It seems that Sasuke likes Karin and there is some little history too between them allready. Karin surely loves Sasuke and doesn't hide her feelings to Sasuke. Sasuke on the otherhand seems unconfortable with any of the girls because he is supposed to be cold and brutal to face his brother.
The situation will change of course, but as I see Karin is the one that is to be Sasuke's choice because it would support his clan with senses.

Naruto on the otherhand requires a healer just like Sakura. The fox inside him causes damage that Naruto can not heal, but Sakura will learn things from this. It is more natural that Sakura will be with Naruto.

The truth might be even more complicated cause due the Naruto movie nobody said that Naruto doesn't have a child with that Sage girl. She requested it as for her own.
If I remember correct the sage's lifestyle was to teach her child alone to be one.

Hinata is still a girl in her heart, she has loved naruto and would change her life for him. She is very kind and shy and yes Naruto likes her too, but it has not grown to level where Naruto sees her. Hinata is having her " idol " love going on but I assume that it is far more real to understand girls all have their idols while they are young.
Indeed, the one who should get Naruto is Hinata, but... Naruto has been in fight for Sakuras heart to begin with. It would just make me quit to follow this to see Naruto throw down this dream.

Hinata will most likely fall in love with someone else due some new perspective, but I do not understand why this serie has to have a girl like Hinata to confuse the results.
Old 2009-07-06, 06:50   Link #2634
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hinata added to mix makes it more interesting.
Old 2009-07-06, 11:01   Link #2635
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Good Post ACrIKeD

Maybe a unexpected coupling would happen with Hinata like maybe SaiXHina?

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2009-07-06, 11:13   Link #2636
APastelPainting

Quote:
Originally Posted by APastelPainting View Post
Honestly, when I first read this chapter and saw Sakura's reaction I thought "Ok she definitely still likes him (sasuke)"

But now that I think about it more I can also see them as tears of confusion. If you think about it, no one has really ever asked Sakura, at least for a long time, what Sasuke means to her (even though that seems to be the wrong translation according to a previous post). Whenever you see her thinking about sasuke / bringing him back, its just Naruto there with her who is obviously going to encourage her to do so because he made a promise and wants sasuke back. But no one, until now, has questioned her motives. And I think theres a possibility that she doesn't even know herself. If you believe that she's not still in love with sasuke, then why would she want to bring him back? I guess because she told naruto she would help him bring sasuke back, but other than that there's no real reason. Ahhh fuck it maybe I'm wrong i don't know.

Anyway I'm just throwing it out there that maybe she doesn't really even know why she wants sasuke back, she's just kind of been going along with the flow (the flow being Naruto's undying determination to bring him back)
To follow up on this I was going to explain that this view is a indeed a valid way to look at the event in ch 453 but after reading the chapter again, I see that it is not because of Naruto's reaction. After Sakura starts crying, you see a panel of naruto looking at her like he understands why she is crying. If that is the case, then she is definitely not crying because she's confused as to why she still wants sasuke back (like I was trying to argue in my quoted part above) because how would Naruto understand that? She's either crying because she's still in love with Sasuke or wants him back to get that "team 7 feeling" back in her life. Either one of those, I can see why Kishi drew Naruto with an understanding look on his face.
Old 2009-07-06, 14:35   Link #2637
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrIkeD View Post

Hinata will most likely fall in love with someone else due some new perspective, but I do not understand why this serie has to have a girl like Hinata to confuse the results.
Make shippers of the opposite ship want to murder Kishi and he'll be in a fortress laughing at their angry faces.
Old 2009-07-06, 15:02   Link #2638
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hinata added to mix makes it more interesting.
Yup, instead of one thread about Naruto's love, there is two
Old 2009-07-06, 16:48   Link #2639
twkiwilee

Quote:
I hate shipping, generally, okay.

The only reason I haven't joined the anit-shipping brigade is because i think it can be used well and can actually have an effect on the plot, if the writer is good enough. I think Kishi is good enough. And I think Zutarians are scum for putting their own desires above a better plot.
LOL. The truth: I was a zutara fan and i still believe zutara is better (but of course i already knew katara is going to be with aang from the very start and of course in the middle of the series the author also confirmed the couple). but of course since my shipping lost, i realized it is because of the culture difference and personal preference due to my opposite attracts theory (mainly this reason, because it seems more romantic).

I'm a naruhina fan. But a narusaku wouldn't be too bad either. Yet a sasusaku would be EVEN BETTER, even if naruhina didn't happen.
Old 2009-07-07, 02:42   Link #2640
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Well of course any shipmate will say that but it's a good summary nonetheless
No, it's just that idiots will say otherwise.

I personally don't care about shippings, at all.
Closed Thread