AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-26, 11:49   Link #2181
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Aside from Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans (IBO), this is the second show that I watch this year where the protags made early preparation for final battle when it's still relatively far from the final episode. And what's the result of that? IBO protags' plan got ruined and most of them got screwed (don't want to spoil on how). Looks like Re:Creators wants to repeat that formula a bit. I should've known and prepared myself . IBO was savage, so let's see how far Re:Creators will go with this after eliminating two good guys/protags. But since the dying characters here are fictional and they still have a chance to have a good ending in their own media, the stakes is a bit lower even though we still indeed lost some protags.
Old 2017-08-26, 11:50   Link #2182
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

goddammit, Selesia. God fuckin dammit. What a hero. ;_;7

Good chances are that Charon is gonna survive that. And if he does, I dunno what I'd do. I hope he has a change of heart and joins the good guys
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:07   Link #2183
PhoenixRising

No, Selesssiiiiaaaaa!

Sorry, I had to get one good scream out there. Damn it all, she was my favorite character. I hope Souta really makes Altair pay.
Alicetaria's death was heartbreaking too. That 14th Holopsicon is basically cheating.
But I also like how Hikayu snapped Selesia out of it, she's really become a whole lot braver since her first appearance on the show.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:13   Link #2184
magnuskn

Well, guess I will wait for next week to get definite confirmation if Selesia is really gone. From a storytelling perpective it seems strange to kill her off, unlike Alice.
Old 2017-08-26, 12:14   Link #2185
xizro345
King's Justice

Regarding Komatsu's interview:

- She auditioned for Selesia, Aliceteria, Magane and Altair. She was also supposed to audition for Sota too but due to the number of roles she was already auditioning for she didn't have the time to do it;

- As a first impression, she thought of Selesia as a "fighting heroine" and "female knight". She started on an "inner core" of her personality in order to later expand and develop her character as the story progressed;

- She joked that Selesia without Vogelchevalier kept on losing to other characters;

- She calls Selesia a balanced character between the ones disrupted by despair [Alice, for example] and the ones that want to simply enjoy the new world [Magane, as an another example];

- She wasn't really conscious when acting, but it came to her naturally;

- She forced a bit a change in this episode, though not consciously;

- Touches a bit on the relationship between Selesia and Matsubara;

- While she didn't have troubles with Selesia, she did have trouble playing herself in the scenes of the previous episodes;

- She doesn't really touch on what happened to Selesia, but hopes this will work will give "hope" and "future".
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:17   Link #2186
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
No, Selesssiiiiaaaaa!

Sorry, I had to get one good scream out there. Damn it all, she was my favorite character. I hope Souta really makes Altair pay.
Alicetaria's death was heartbreaking too. That 14th Holopsicon is basically cheating.
But I also like how Hikayu snapped Selesia out of it, she's really become a whole lot braver since her first appearance on the show.
That could become Altair's downfall - eventually some audience members may realize that she's way too OP, and start rejecting her for that. Thus depowering her per the plan.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:20   Link #2187
sikvod00

As always, thanks for the brief translations of these interviews, xizro345!
I'm really interested to know how Komatsu's performances went for Aliceteria, Magane and Altair. Selesia definitely has that "girl-next door" vibe which I really like. So hearing the voices used for the other characters would have been a treat.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:22   Link #2188
Wandering Soul

RIP Selestia and Alice. This episode sure didn't hold back. This had all the impact of a penultimate episode, but the fact that it wasn't one just makes me all the more anxious for what will happen in the remaining episodes.
Old 2017-08-26, 12:24   Link #2189
AswgLaghima08

Dam Altair you sexy bitch why ???? She's killed Alice and through Charon Selesia has died , I only have Metchin and Magane left in my harem. I would add Hikayu but..... She was being wayyyy to reckless this ep even though it was badass I cant see her living past next week.

I guess all i can ask for now is that Yuya, Sho and Blitz have a badass Fight with Altair till they fall one by one

Sota hurry tf upppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!
AswgLaghima08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 12:29   Link #2190
Ultragunner

.....sh*t, didn't expect the axe(s) would come so soon damn....

I have a feeling that Sota's creation will come and save the day, no?

and dat 14th Holopsicon though, is it some sort of damage reflection? Like many have said, the audience should feel the "need" to nerf it somehow, at least that's what I would do
Old 2017-08-26, 12:32   Link #2191
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh btw, SelesiaxSota ship just sunk since Selesia confessed her feelings to Charon in this episode. Just saying.

Good thing I'm not a shipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, guess I will wait for next week to get definite confirmation if Selesia is really gone. From a storytelling perpective it seems strange to kill her off, unlike Alice.
I don't want to spoil some shows, so I won't mention titles, but killing of one of the main protags close to (or during the) penultimate episode is actually not that uncommon.
Old 2017-08-26, 12:35   Link #2192
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
.....sh*t, didn't expect the axe(s) would come so soon damn....

and dat 14th Holopsicon though, is it some sort of damage reflection? Like many have said, the audience should feel the "need" to nerf it somehow, at least that's what I would do
Something like that, if this were Aquarion Evol, it would be something similar to Kagura's "Reversal" power.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 13:12   Link #2193
Albel VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
No, Selesssiiiiaaaaa!
Almost everything she does is cheating. Her main thing is that she basically just no-sells everything. Just look at her default magic swords, they block physical attacks, magic, heat, beams, air pressure and it seems she can create as many as she needs. The few things that manage to break through those are usually rendered ineffective by her other powers.

At this point, the heroes basically have two options against Altair. They either have to no-sell her no-sell powers, or have to convince her to stop somehow. This is such a mess that I'm really impressed the in-universe audience so easily accepts all this.
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 13:32   Link #2194
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
That could become Altair's downfall - eventually some audience members may realize that she's way too OP, and start rejecting her for that. Thus depowering her per the plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I can see some of the former happening, but it really is shaping up for Sota's creation to finish this show. Question is, how will they get the audience to accept it so quickly if it's near the end?
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 14:29   Link #2195
Blueknight78

man, at this point i feel which altair is a little too "OP" even for a final boss, she have basically a counter fo almost every attack this a little unfair and really not good for development, have a strong final boss is good, but not almost totally umbeatable as she seens to look, this make the things bad and forced and like others told this is supposed to affect "negative" public view, but we are talking about "japan" where absurd op characters in both sides specially in evil is "almost obligatory" then probably she is fine, because the crown gonna still love to see a OP evil breaking all the heroes.
Old 2017-08-26, 14:36   Link #2196
4th Dimension

Effing Altair and her effing OC hax.

What we are seeing here is basically a crossover fanfiction with an "OC" as the antagonist. Which of course means she is best at everything and seemingly is reading the script.

Yeah, it is BS that she is accepted by the public, then again
A: This is Anime where broken BS OP antagonists that have no flaws as they gloat and gloat over the hero with impunity until they are defeated in finale over a technicality are the norm.
B: She is allready kinda a meeme in itself in the Anime community in their world. Essentially they are fighting Anime Chuck Norris meeme. Her power is whatever makes her more ridiculous.

Also, sucks to be Chiron. He got bitch slapped by AU eroge character, then got talked down by shonen mecha protagonist and then the girl he meybe liked blew them up.
Serves him right the stupid edgelord.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 15:30   Link #2197
hoshino_crimsonwings

I can't believe Selesia died, would've traded 3-4 good guys all for her..
Old 2017-08-26, 15:33   Link #2198
4th Dimension

Also with her and the muscle brained idiot knight gone and Megas Machina critically damaged, they kinda lost most of their firepower.
Then again firepower is likely not to work against the Altair HAX.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 15:41   Link #2199
Kitsu Breaker

We ask for this Deads, we're all not guilty.
We're supporting Altair all this time without noticing.
She just make our desire become true.

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 16:58   Link #2200
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Effing Altair and her effing OC hax.

What we are seeing here is basically a crossover fanfiction with an "OC" as the antagonist. Which of course means she is best at everything and seemingly is reading the script.
Yeah, it's like I said: Altair is clearly very intentionally meant to be a badly written Mary Sue, except in an antagonist position instead of as the protagonist.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning