AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-09-14, 10:12   Link #7461
Dysprosium
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: P | [T]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Well, in this case(WSJ) it matters a little bit if its respectful or not for them, since its already known they make the anime with the sole purpose of increasing the sales of the manga. Even if it made 2k or 5k the main thing that matters to them is the increases in the manga sales, which it did accomplish.
Its just an advert for the manga, and even if it caused a bump in its tank sales, BD sales still play a huge role in determining a S2.

SnS airing so late at night doesn't help its cause, either.

I don't think it'll average more than 3k in sales for its entire volume releases.

But like I said, it is relatively cheaper to produce as it doesn't rely too much on the Sakuga element, so I think we'd still get a S2, regardless. Anything beyond that is out of the question, if the trend continues.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:13   Link #7462
Sixth
True Momo v2.0
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
For those who cares, the english scan for chapter 134 is out.
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:21   Link #7463
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
^ i do care, so thanks!!
YbKWzNEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:22   Link #7464
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Its just an advert for the manga, and even if it caused a bump in its tank sales, BD sales still play a huge role in determining a S2.

SnS airing so late at night doesn't help its cause, either.

I don't think it'll average more than 3k in sales for its entire volume releases.

But like I said, it is relatively cheaper to produce as it doesn't rely too much on the Sakuga element, so I think we'd still get a S2, regardless. Anything beyond that is out of the question, if the trend continues.
Considering all the merchandise it has plus the game and the increase of the manga sales, they could easily make another season if they wanted to. As you said, that kind animation that relies more on the manga panels than a proper animation is cheaper, so I guess there hasnt been a huge flop in how much they earned.
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:25   Link #7465
Dysprosium
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: P | [T]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Considering all the merchandise it has plus the game and the increase of the manga sales, they could easily make another season if they wanted to. As you said, that kind animation that relies more on the manga panels than a proper animation is cheaper, so I guess there hasnt been a huge flop in how much they earned.
The merchandise and game portion don't contribute much; its the BD sales that account for the bulk of the huge production costs of the anime.

An animation studio for sure wouldn't want to invest in an anime which fared abysmally in its maiden season, and would rather take on other project(s).
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:26   Link #7466
Malicre
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
I think the bigger issue with SnS getting a 2nd season would be that there isn't a big "arc" or "tournament" to end the 2nd season with, the manga hasn't been all that great 'cooking wise" since the autumn election.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:30   Link #7467
Dysprosium
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: P | [T]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
I think the bigger issue with SnS getting a 2nd season would be that there isn't a big "arc" or "tournament" to end the 2nd season with, the manga hasn't been all that great 'cooking wise" since the autumn election.
It doesn't really matter where the anime ends at, as long as it covers the 2nd part of the AE.

Not sure what you mean by "cooking wise", unless you're talking about cooking battles. I did find the Stagiarie arc somewhat enjoyable, though.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:32   Link #7468
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
I think the bigger issue with SnS getting a 2nd season would be that there isn't a big "arc" or "tournament" to end the 2nd season with, the manga hasn't been all that great 'cooking wise" since the autumn election.
They could easily finish it in the tea ceremony reunion, ending with the viewers knowing about the elite ten and causing a lot of hype.

@PSY, Its up to them honestly, I guess there has been some series that had their manga sales increased but didnt get another anime season. But seeing how this one might become one of the big three, it might get one in the long run.
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:35   Link #7469
Dysprosium
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: P | [T]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
@PSY, Its up to them honestly, I guess there has been some series that had their manga sales increased but didnt get another anime season. But seeing how this one might become one of the big three, it might get one in the long run.
SnS isn't as popular as you think it is; its mostly a top 5/6 Jump series, nothing more.

And you have to take into account previous Jump anime adaptations, as well.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:40   Link #7470
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
SnS isn't as popular as you think it is; its mostly a top 5/6 Jump series, nothing more.

And you have to take into account previous Jump anime adaptations, as well.
As I said, it might become one of big three in the upcoming years, it has the potential to manage that. I guess it could happen with another season since there is a more serious tone after that tournament(something that attract shonen viewers the majority of times).
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:45   Link #7471
Dysprosium
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: P | [T]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
As I said, it might become one of big three in the upcoming years, it has the potential to manage that. I guess it could happen with another season since there is a more serious tone after that tournament(something that attract shonen viewers the majority of times).
Like I said, if it continues to flop as hard in its S2 as S1, then I think we can practically forget about a S3, unless its self-funded by a broadcasting company like NHK, or find success outside of BD sales, like how AssClass did.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:47   Link #7472
Fairy Water
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Omggggggg!!! This and last week chapters, eventhough I already knew the spoilers but reading the whole chapters still make me feel excited!!!

Souma's denseness is good in this case omg, I just love the panels which Souma cocky looks down Azami and Azami aggressively looks up. Those panels r gold!

Awww, weak Erina is so cute with Erina's gift of course Azami would make a good use of it! He was banishes from the house even before Hisako met Erina so it must be when they r around 10.

Rindou is so beautiful draw that Tsukasa's handsome look can't even compare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
I think she'd be a great help and asset later on in Souma's quest to reach the top of Tootsuki.
U know she will graduate before Souma in second year, right?
And no, with the newest chapter, I can confirm that she is nothing alike Souma.
Her type of character always has dark side to hide away part of plot. A type that do everything depends on her mood is the most dangerous and difficult to deal with.

Last edited by Fairy Water; 2015-09-14 at 11:01.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:53   Link #7473
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
^i thought you have read the raws dude?
YbKWzNEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:02   Link #7474
Dysprosium
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: P | [T]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YbKWzNEb View Post
^i thought you have read the raws dude?
That poster can't read Japanese, nor Chinese.

Its a totally different feeling when you read the chapter fully translated, as opposed to a summary of it (or just looking at the pictures).
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:02   Link #7475
Sixth
True Momo v2.0
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
People actually thinks the anime did the justice for this amazing series? There were so many epic manga scenes that the anime didn't captured it well. It felt meh. While it is not a terrible adaptation but it isn't good either. It is just decent anime. So I won't be surprised if there is no S2 for the anime.

In fact, I think it shouldn't get a second season. After all, it is JC Staff. They had been known as the company that always butcher the adaptation.

As for the chapter 134, I still can't stop laughing at the Senzamon's retard decision for giving the Elite 10 too much power. No matter how good they were as a chef, they are still a bunch of inexperience brats. It is so easy for Aizen, I mean Azami to sway their mind away just with a few pretty words. It is easy for Rindou to said those fun BS when she is about to graduate soon. Even if everything went to hell, Rindou and other trashy 3rd year just have to endure for few months to leave that school. They just gambled away the future of those year 1 and year 2 because of their selfish reasoning.

Last edited by Sixth; 2015-09-14 at 11:24.
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:03   Link #7476
Fairy Water
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
No, I only read spoiler and see some images. Why would I borther to read sth I don't understand with all of its important points r already summary as spoilers and will have to read the trans version later anyway?
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:06   Link #7477
Dysprosium
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: P | [T]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
U know she will graduate before Souma in second year, right?
And no, with the newest chapter, I can confirm that she is nothing alike Souma.
Her type of character always has dark side to hide away part of plot. A type that do everything depends on her mood is the most dangerous and difficult to deal with.
Yes, and? There're still 5 months for Souma to learn something useful from her, and I've already said she could return to Tootsuki in a teaching capacity role, or make regular visits to the school.

Already mentioned that likeness part in my recent post.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:08   Link #7478
Sixth
True Momo v2.0
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
No, I only read spoiler and see some images. Why would I borther to read sth I don't understand with all of its important points r already summary as spoilers and will have to read the trans version later anyway?
If you refuse to read the non-english chapter, then you might as well skipped the spoilers. I mean, sometimes, there is something cannot be expressed to words. For example, when someone said that Megumi became a dragon after she ate Soma's mapo in the spoiler, what came to your mind when reading that? Do you really believed that Megumi is really became a dragon when the reality is she just breathing fire (comical reason) due to spice?
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:09   Link #7479
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
No, I only read spoiler and see some images. Why would I borther to read sth I don't understand with all of its important points r already summary as spoilers and will have to read the trans version later anyway?
haha. i really though you can read raws, due to your comments here.
YbKWzNEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:22   Link #7480
Fairy Water
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by YbKWzNEb View Post
haha. i really though you can read raws, due to your comments here.
How come? I only knew in this thread that Noobita can read chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
As for the chapter 134, I still can't stop laughing at the Senzamon's retard decision for giving the Elite 10 too much power. No matter how good they were as a chef, they still a bunch of inexperience brats. It is so easy for Aizen, I mean Azami to sway their mind away just with a few pretty words. It is easy for Rindou to said those fun BS when she is about to graduate soon. Even if everything went to hell, Rindou and other trashy 3rd year just have to endure for few months to leave that school. They just gambled away the future of those year 1 and year 2 because of their selfish reasoning.
Don't blame that poor old man, he just wants the students to experience what does overpower means

The rest I agree with you I thought it was so funny of Rindou saying change is good while she is about to gradute. When this fall is gone and winter break comes, oh, with new director, will the students even have winter break?

Using the winter vacation is the only logical time to drag the E10 into this mess with main cast since we don't have much time left for Autumn. Or else it can be 100+ chapter for 1 month.

And I read spoiler cause I'm curious but I don't want to be surprised 100% till I can experience the whole chapter.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, moe, school, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.