AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-05-20, 02:43   Link #17761
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I honestly think we should drop the contests for the time being and just focus on some school/slice of life chapters. If there's gonna be any food wars, let it be for stakes not like these were. Or at least give everyone a break before the next huge Tootsuki activity that will no doubt be part of the school because why not right?
Old 2018-05-20, 02:52   Link #17762
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I honestly think we should drop the contests for the time being and just focus on some school/slice of life chapters.
See, the only reason why I can somewhat accept Souma becoming 1st Seat is because it's already been established that the position involves a lot of responsibilities, many of which are very time consuming. So, this can be used as a device to keep Souma away from unnecessary shokugeki and have him do something else.

I agree the manga needs to drop the shounen-battle angle ASAP, and this development may allow that. Still, I cannot accept Erina becoming the Director. Her whole development during the whole Central story was about her making friends and being able to enjoy some of the childhood she never had, and yet, as soon as they beat Azami she was burdened with the responsibly of managing Totsuki (and this isn't just the school, since being Director of Totsuki also means overseeing everything else). I mean, for fucks sake, let her enjoy her youth.
Old 2018-05-20, 05:39   Link #17763
Chingaruna517

Guys, while I may agree that all cast should take break at least 1-2 chapters after all the shenadigans with Azami, by the end of the day however that challenge will come to them some way or another. Heck, with the WGO witness about Azami's downfall, I have hunch that the world will certainy pay attention to the NEO Tootsuki, therefore it might draw attention from my aforementioned dream teams eagerly to keep their eyes onto the Tootsuki; especially we have a young woman who suddenly became the principle of this prestige cooking academy.

@Used Can In regards of gastronomy that also found in some parts of Europes especially Spain and Italy, highly doubtful despite my surprise. I mean, c'mon. Do you really think that cooking of chemistry and science will applied to any chef in Europe as much as Alice or Kurokiba did? Also, there are reason for the French to be stand out from the rest of Europe because you have a country that banned ketchup of all things because it will ruining the origunal Tomato flavor. My point is that even Europe itself is diversed with its enriched culture and it is it's own diversity make it as a team.
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 08:16   Link #17764
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
See, the only reason why I can somewhat accept Souma becoming 1st Seat is because it's already been established that the position involves a lot of responsibilities, many of which are very time consuming. So, this can be used as a device to keep Souma away from unnecessary shokugeki and have him do something else.
I understand what you're saying but i find it to be horribly naive.
Erina was NEVER going to be normal and saying oh enjoy your youth as though she's some normal girl. With great power comes great responsibility and Erina has that type of power. Everyone can see that and it's why the Polar star time was so refreshing.

As for Souma. It's the opposite. He's the type of character who could be the head of the company but have the vice president do all the heavy lifting. He'd probably force a shokugeki every day considering how he is.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 09:56   Link #17765
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And not to mention Souma has a huge target on his back now that he's the First Seat. Didn't you notice, @Used Can, that he even said that anyone who wants his Seat can come at him starting the next day? Heck, that's how it is for the First Seat since everyone wants it and will challenge the one holding it to a Shokugeki at every chance they get. Kurokiba and Hayama already accepted his challenge too. They said they'll face him in Shokugekis.

I do think Erina became Director way too soon since she's still too young, like I said before, but it's also true that you can't really expect her to just remain a normal girl since that's not what she is. I do feel bad that she'll probably get to have even less fun now, but still. Although maybe she can still spend some time with the Polar Star Dorm members during her time off if she has any. And First Seat does spend a lot of time with the Director, so that also means more Souma and Erina moments.
Old 2018-05-20, 10:17   Link #17766
Blueknight78

wow finally it's over and i really liked the "plot twist" at the end, and now finally even souma confirmed which erina is "really a lot above him and he still need to work hard to catch on her level, she was really the strongest without any doubts here.

Now about the future, as some peoples noted now i feel it's really time for us to have a "world wide tournamente challenge types, could be really good if they could "leave japan" and go to another places to challenge "true chiefs" from around the world, like france, or at last we have them fighting true chiefs from others places not just "japaneses guys which learned cooking in other country, because we know the best way you can really taste the true "local taste" is by tasting the food made by "local peoples" not just someone which learned, could be really cool see them battle that chiefs and see some world wide tournamente and see some "food" from others places without the "japanese touch" and could be funny see the writer have to actually learn how some recipes are really outside japan touchs on that.

Also i would like to know the true status of soumar mother because so far it's looks like she is "mia" and no proper confirmation if she is dead or alive, would be really good for us to know what happened with souma's dad and mother because as we know she not died until souma was at last a elementary school, because he still remember a little about her and on the flashback he looked at last around his 5 to 8 years old, then she not died just after the birth.
Old 2018-05-20, 15:31   Link #17767
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
@Used Can In regards of gastronomy that also found in some parts of Europes especially Spain and Italy, highly doubtful despite my surprise. I mean, c'mon. Do you really think that cooking of chemistry and science will applied to any chef in Europe as much as Alice or Kurokiba did?
I'm not sure why you bring up molecular gastronomy. That's just a branch of gastronomy, that isn't specific to any country's cuisine.

Quote:
Also, there are reason for the French to be stand out from the rest of Europe because you have a country that banned ketchup of all things because it will ruining the origunal Tomato flavor. My point is that even Europe itself is diversed with its enriched culture and it is it's own diversity make it as a team.
Then why Team Japan? Why not Team Asia? Why Team USA? Why not Team The Americas?
Each country is very proud of their own gastronomy, some more than others, and the variety within each country is already high enough. In fact, by lumping countries together you actually lose variety, because you would end up with less people representing each country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I understand what you're saying but i find it to be horribly naive.
Erina was NEVER going to be normal and saying oh enjoy your youth as though she's some normal girl. With great power comes great responsibility and Erina has that type of power. Everyone can see that and it's why the Polar star time was so refreshing.
I never said that Erina was going to be a regular student. My point is the expectations were on her becoming 1st Seat, which has a truckload of responsibilities, but nowhere near the same as managing a multi-million corporation.
Saying "great power involves great responsibility" in this case means you're outright avoiding the issue here. Sure, eventually she would have had to step up to take that role, just not now.

Quote:
As for Souma. It's the opposite. He's the type of character who could be the head of the company but have the vice president do all the heavy lifting. He'd probably force a shokugeki every day considering how he is.
Yeah, which is why I said was that this development can be used that way, not that I'm actually expecting it to happen, because I'm not since Tsukuda likes his shounen-battle antics. However, giving Souma the 1st Seat without a setback (and by this I don't mean shokugeki since Souma loves that) just seems like a silly development, since it was made clear that he was just handed over the position by Erina as a symbolic act, and not because he's skilled enough to deserve it. His claim over the position is paper thin. And so, if Tsukuda plans on making it so that Souma keeps the 1st Seat, then the best possible development, in my opinion, is that one way or the other, he will have to deal with the responsibilities that seat involves all by himself - I think that could also be a good way to establish a difference between him and Jouichirou.
Again, I'm not expecting this to happen, and I'm 90% certain Souma will do just as you said he will. All I'm saying is that this development has the potential to take Souma's situation in an interesting direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
And First Seat does spend a lot of time with the Director, so that also means more Souma and Erina moments.
And yeah, there's also this. At the very least, I do hope Tsukuda to deliver on this, and plenty. Though, again, I expect nothing, since Tsukuda has proven himself unpredictable (and I don't necessarily mean this in a good way).
Old 2018-05-20, 16:31   Link #17768
AP24

Looks like the Jouichiro flashback is postponed in the anime so that they can cover the entire flashback in one episode. Ep 20 will end at Ch 205 and Ep 21 will entirely cover the flashback. Then Ep 22-24 will cover the 1st bout of the Regiment.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 00:27   Link #17769
Chingaruna517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Then why Team Japan? Why not Team Asia? Why Team USA? Why not Team The Americas?
Each country is very proud of their own gastronomy, some more than others, and the variety within each country is already high enough. In fact, by lumping countries together you actually lose variety, because you would end up with less people representing each country.
No, the reason we don't have TEAM ASIA or TEAM AMERICAS because Team Japan and Team USA are pretty much stand out country more than anything by its own right and merits. Also, may I remind you that I was recalling that my post did mentioned earlier that the BLUE is equivalent the Cooking version of the King of Fighters? Where a fighting tournament is known for its randomness?
Old 2018-05-21, 01:42   Link #17770
Used Can

Quote:
No, the reason we don't have TEAM ASIA or TEAM AMERICAS because Team Japan and Team USA are pretty much stand out country more than anything by its own right and merits.
Wait a minute, are you really saying either of those countries stand out more in culinary merits than France, Italy, Spain or China? Seriously?
And this is considering that in the Americas you also have Mexico, Brazil and Peru, with Peru being a powerhouse these days as far as high cuisine goes.
Old 2018-05-21, 02:32   Link #17771
Chingaruna517

You'd better wish I'm kidding because it is what it is, depending on your perceptions. Sorry, I AM kidding because when you said about Peruan cuisine, I immediately recalling South East Asian cuisine as well. Don't you dare take the wrong way! Also, as I mentioned earlier, BLUE=cooking KOF.
Old 2018-05-21, 08:07   Link #17772
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I honestly think we should drop the contests for the time being and just focus on some school/slice of life chapters. If there's gonna be any food wars, let it be for stakes not like these were. Or at least give everyone a break before the next huge Tootsuki activity that will no doubt be part of the school because why not right?
Aye I agree. I think the characters should focus on their own studies more and expand their knowledge while not being under intense pressure. They should consolidate what they have and try reach for higher heights. I mean Souma needs to learn a lot of info so he can experiment more. He needs to prepare in order to keep up with other geniuses. Perhaps he too needs to travel around and gain experience. Megimi needs to gain more confidence and try tap further into her potential. The Aldini brothers need to mix other cultures into their work. Etc. I think going back to bashing ideas against each other would be great. There they can gain some slice of life chapters while further enhancing their cooking skills.
Old 2018-05-21, 12:36   Link #17773
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

No, the final arc should be that Erina's mom and Souma's mom are one and the same person (making her the true mastermind behind the scenes), in that she left behind a final legacy, a daughter that is super perfect in cooking and that Souma and Erina would have to beat their long lost sister to be the best!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 12:38   Link #17774
xrick

That's...
Sorry, that's something I definitely don't want to see happening
Old 2018-05-21, 16:49   Link #17775
Windsgrace

Yeah...about that. Perhaps they would be friends (doubt it) but if they are the same person wouldn't that make Souma and Erina step-siblings? Also if we are talking about coupling and that comes out err things will go a weird direction. I rather not have an incest route.
Old 2018-05-21, 18:06   Link #17776
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Yeah...about that. Perhaps they would be friends (doubt it) but if they are the same person wouldn't that make Souma and Erina step-siblings? Also if we are talking about coupling and that comes out err things will go a weird direction. I rather not have an incest route.
Not step siblings. They'd be blood related.

He was just joking anyway. We all know Souma's sister is Rindou.
Old 2018-05-21, 19:41   Link #17777
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Blitz is an incest fan. Are we sure he's just joking?

@Used Can: Like I said before, Souma has to have Shokugekis against challengers to be able to keep his position as 1st Seat. He has a huge target on his back now. He even said that near the end, like, "Everyone come at me!".

Kurokiba and one other person (don't remember who) said they'll challenge him the next day. You really think there won't be any Shokugekis even with this?
Old 2018-05-21, 21:00   Link #17778
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Blitz is an incest fan. Are we sure he's just joking?

@Used Can: Like I said before, Souma has to have Shokugekis against challengers to be able to keep his position as 1st Seat. He has a huge target on his back now. He even said that near the end, like, "Everyone come at me!".

Kurokiba and one other person (don't remember who) said they'll challenge him the next day. You really think there won't be any Shokugekis even with this?
you must take in account which this was more like to "just hype him" than actually happen and in the next chapter he already having a long line of peoples challenging him, that could be weird.
Old 2018-05-22, 04:37   Link #17779
ImperialFlameGod8190

well gents i thought i'd mention this in case you didn't know but they released an OVA for the series where they have more of Erina's dorm life with a nice visit to the bath house.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 23:40   Link #17780
AP24

Spoilers are out on bakadata. The seats revealed so far are:

1st Seat: Souma
4th Seat: Hayama
5th Seat: Kurokiba
6th Seat: Alice
10th Seat: Megumi

It seems Hisako is not in the Elite Ten since she's serving as secretary to Tootsuki's director. 4 out of the remaining 5 seats should be Takumi, Mimasaka, Isshiki and Kuga. So then who's the last remaining? I can't think of anyone else from the 92nd generation who is better than Megumi.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, moe, school, shounen