AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-26, 18:08   Link #2201
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

R.I.P. Selesia. You will be missed, great hero.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 18:14   Link #2202
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Yeah, it's like I said: Altair is clearly very intentionally meant to be a badly written Mary Sue, except in an antagonist position instead of as the protagonist.
Yup. Except that she is actually the PROTAGONIST of her revenge fantasy fanfiction. Which somehow actually worked?!?!

We haven't ever figured out why THIS specific character out of ALL the 4th wall breaky ones is the one to actually pierce it, have we?

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 18:15   Link #2203
Random14

Ouch, that was a painful episode, though a great one. So their plan to defeat Altair has stalled and it'll probably be up to Sota's Creation (and maybe Magane) to turn the tide eventually.

Though one of the best things about this show is the character development, like when Charon appeared they focused on Alicetaria, as he's essentially a few pages behind her in terms of character development- raging against the gods, but she's gotten over it while he's just starting. And to have even a romcom girl and mecha pilot lecture them on heroics and being decisive sounds insane, but it fits quite nicely with Rui (bit rushed for Hikayu but not too bad).

Selesia is probably gone after that, but not sure about Charon. He's outnumbered, but then none of it really matters against Altair's hax. Wonder how long until reality starts collapsing at this rate.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 18:19   Link #2204
4th Dimension

Well Charon better be gone too because then her sacrifice makes 0 sense.

Then again Meteora is resurrection spells apparently. Only she is stuck in her magic circle.

Old 2017-08-26, 18:39   Link #2205
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't want to spoil some shows, so I won't mention titles, but killing of one of the main protags close to (or during the) penultimate episode is actually not that uncommon.
Eh, the timing seems misplaced for me, given how central she was to story and also with her power upgrade some episodes ago. Mind you, I am doing a remote analysis so I could well be wrong.
Old 2017-08-26, 18:42   Link #2206
4th Dimension

Also isn't there like 7 more episodes? Sooo this is nowhere near the end?
Or is this season shorter than 26 episodes?

Old 2017-08-26, 18:44   Link #2207
xrick

22 episodes only, so only 3 episodes left.
Old 2017-08-26, 19:56   Link #2208
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Re:Creators - A show where your waifu dies.

Meteora, please don't die
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 20:45   Link #2209
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Eh, the timing seems misplaced for me, given how central she was to story and also with her power upgrade some episodes ago. Mind you, I am doing a remote analysis so I could well be wrong.
Considering what we have so far, Meteora is arguably more central than Selesia. At worst, they both share roles as heroines of this anime. If one dies, the story still have the other. Also, Selesia already used all her power upgrades in this final battle arc. If you're talking about the "fiery" powerup that she got in the first cour, IIRC that's just temporary by virtue of revealing author's future plans to audience.
Old 2017-08-26, 20:52   Link #2210
magnuskn

It still was a major upgrade for the character and I do not think it was just meant as a one-shot . Furthermore, killing Selesia now for good doesn't *feel* right at this point. Mind you, that is just from my perspective on how the story has been told until now.

Also, her VA's Interview comments did not sound like the character is done just yet.
Old 2017-08-26, 21:01   Link #2211
deadite

You have to remember that the creations are not people. their concepts. There's a possibility that Selesia, Alice and Mamika still exist in some way.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 21:09   Link #2212
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The creations themselves are not erased from existence by dying IRL since their source materials are still there. But their memories of interacting with IRL people should be gone once they "died" and go back to becoming fictional characters on paper or in anime. Still, given Sota's newfound power, some resurrection is not beyond the realm of possibility though I prefer they don't do it coz it will cheapen all the prior sacrifices. Maybe they'll use it for Setsuna.
Old 2017-08-26, 21:18   Link #2213
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The creations themselves are not erased from existence by dying IRL since their source materials are still there. But their memories of interacting with IRL people should be gone once they "died" and go back to becoming fictional characters on paper or in anime. Still, given Sota's newfound power, some resurrection is not beyond the realm of possibility though I prefer they don't do it coz it will cheapen all the prior sacrifices. Maybe they'll use it for Setsuna.
I think Setsuna is beyond resurrection. The Creations are malleable, in a way -- you can bring back Blitz's daughter if you can write it convincingly enough in a way that matches the rules of the universe, and you might, in a pinch, be able to do the same with Selesia (although I wonder if, if you did, it'd only be temporary, much like her power-up), but you can't do the same with an actual real life person. Hell, if you did, that really would disturb the yoke of the world.

Moreover, I kind of think that Setsuna shouldn't be resurrected. So much of this story is about the idea of acceptance: The ability of an audience to accept what's going on in a story, but also the ability of people to accept their circumstances and the bad things that have happened to them. A handy resurrection for Setsuna would fly completely in the face of that.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 21:29   Link #2214
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Personally, I think that "Creations" are just copies of the original materials, not the original characters themselves. They are separate entities. Creations are not supposed to be self-aware of our world.

Those Creations' story went on, even if they were "transported" into our world. When they die, they don't return to their original world --- they just die, forever. The original lives on. The copy disappear.

Could you imagine if Mamika kept her memories? How could you go back to a normal life if you knew that your every action was predetermined?
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 00:09   Link #2215
moridin84
Custom User Title

The last two episodes remind of me the line in Knights and Magic. Only giant robots and fight giant robots. Except for the one off interference from Hikayu.

Hikayu is stupidly strong but like the Altair said, you can't make a proper story from a frivolous character like that, so she's never going to be able to beat Altair.

Selesia got a white out type death so she's probably dead.

Of course, this is all a "cross over story". It won't affect the original story. I imagine all the characters in the real story are going to disappear rather than "return" since their original characters are still in their stories. Expect maybe Magane, she might hang around.

You know, I never really liked Magane, normally I would like that type of character. Perhaps because she was always saying confusing things.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 00:20   Link #2216
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I think Setsuna is beyond resurrection. The Creations are malleable, in a way -- you can bring back Blitz's daughter if you can write it convincingly enough in a way that matches the rules of the universe, and you might, in a pinch, be able to do the same with Selesia (although I wonder if, if you did, it'd only be temporary, much like her power-up), but you can't do the same with an actual real life person. Hell, if you did, that really would disturb the yoke of the world.

Moreover, I kind of think that Setsuna shouldn't be resurrected. So much of this story is about the idea of acceptance: The ability of an audience to accept what's going on in a story, but also the ability of people to accept their circumstances and the bad things that have happened to them. A handy resurrection for Setsuna would fly completely in the face of that.
It doesn't have to be the actual person. It can be some form of image of her.
Old 2017-08-27, 00:44   Link #2217
Shadow5YA

I'm still kind of curious what Souta has in store for Altair. An original character at this point would be forced, and he doesn't have the reputation to make a new character be acceptable like the rest do.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 01:25   Link #2218
Zangor17

Isn't that the whole point behind Magane's actions before. She made Souta say a lie so she could use her ability to twist it into truth. Magane is the fuel that's gonna let Souta's OC come and fight Altair. And at this point its gonna take at least his OC working with the others to turn the tables. I bet his OC resembles Setsuna, that would unhinge Altair to no end.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 01:27   Link #2219
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
Isn't that the whole point behind Magane's actions before. She made Souta say a lie so she could use her ability to twist it into truth. Magane is the fuel that's gonna let Souta's OC come and fight Altair. And at this point its gonna take at least his OC working with the others to turn the tables. I bet his OC resembles Setsuna, that would unhinge Altair to no end.
I'm not just talking about the in-show audience.

What I am referring to is the acceptance of us, the viewers.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 01:57   Link #2220
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not just talking about the in-show audience.

What I am referring to is the acceptance of us, the viewers.
At this point they've foreshadowed Souta's Creation so much I don't think most viewers will have a problem. Plus, Altair is getting entirely too cocky at this point, I'd accept anything that wipes the smug grin off her face.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning