AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Old 2017-03-30, 09:14   Link #1
Yan3242

Is there anime with fighting style/setting like ben-to?

I love action/fighting genre but, with all these "over the op" fighting anime, is there any action/fighting anime which grounded more into "realistic" category?

- Ben-to probably good example for me, no magic/fantasy/supernatural stuff, just pure "realistic" punch and kick all out brawl.

- Mc actually get hurt and learn to get better,no ridicilous deus ex technique etc

- girl vs girl actually fight not just talk talk 30 seconds catfight, end up half naked
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 18:15   Link #2
kitten320

Baccano! - it does have supernatural elements like immortality but fights in general are kept realistic with punches, knives or occasional guns.

Berserk - it's set in knight era and does have monsters and stuff but in general characters do not poses super powers, pure sword fight. It's basically based in our world but with demons.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - gun action but mostly kept realistic with no power ups and MC gradually getting better

Seirei no Moribito - set in fantasy world but actual fighting involves swords and other standard martial weapons, no super powers.

Sword of a Stranger - sword action

Didn't watch it yet but Hajime no Ippo could work, it is about box after all.
Old 2017-04-01, 14:50   Link #3
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Well, obviously there's Kenichi. Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple does have moments that go over the top (like I believe the head of the dojo once split the water at a pool with a kick), but overall it's actually quite real. I'd easily put most of the combat from the series on the same level as Ben-To.

Strange, but Assassination Classroom also has a lot of combat in it, and while the teacher is a tentacle monster and two characters have tentacles at points in the series, really the vast majority of the combat is played real. Yes, there is a sci-fi element, obviously, but you'll get a heck of a lot of fist-to-fist combat as well. And yes, there are new tricks developed over time, but these too aren't all that common and generally fail after the first one or two uses. I recognize it's a big stretch, but it's got a lot of good to offer along with the stuff you're tired of.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 18:29   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Didn't watch it yet but Hajime no Ippo could work, it is about box after all.
Very good show, very much worth a watch.
If you're fine with manga, All-Rounder Meguru is about MMA fighting and is fairly brutal and realistic. Or so I've been told, I'm waiting for it to end before I pick it up. ...Wait, it's complete at 19 volumes? This is my chance!
Old 2017-04-02, 11:35   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Arslan Senki has pretty conventional warfare and fighting styles as I recall.

Alderamin on the Sky has these weird (and, to me, unnecessary) little spirit things, but otherwise is pretty conventional with swords, bows, etc.

Ikkitousen is a fanservice show where girls fight and shred each others' clothes as a result.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 13:42   Link #6
Yan3242

Thanks for the suggestion guys, currently on phantom and ikkitousen

Finished arslan, alderamin and baccano, i like it.

Drop assassination though, the build up is nice but the delivery is underwhelming, at least for me.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 18:04   Link #7
Tenzen12

Tokyo majin - while fantasy battle thing, conventional battles are not exception and are darn good.

Kurenai - slice of life mixed with action, MC has unique "weapon", fights are cool and realistic (As far as anime anime content covers, that is).

Ookami-san and seven companions - modern retelling of classic fairy tails with hardcore meele heroine and her more ranged suitor.
Old 2017-04-16, 15:57   Link #8
AnimeFangirl

Forgot to mention Air Master, a guilty pleasure of mine.