AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-11-21, 00:59   Link #281
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Need someone to help me refresh my memory, but Havoc's not wounded yet in Brotherhood right as of episode 32? Or am I not right?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:06   Link #282
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

He is, it happened in episode 19.
K_Babyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 05:04   Link #283
GaimeGuy

Yep, he's paralyzed from the waist down.
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 14:22   Link #284
Vicious108

Too bad they cut the scene where he comes to terms with his condition and decides to endure his pain. Such a nice scene, too.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 22:10   Link #285
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Has anyone here seen Space Runaway Ideon? I see a huge similarity between the Ide and the philosophers stones (Hoenheim and Homunculus). The Ide is the amalgamation of an entire civilization's consciences, and the philosophers stones are the souls of half a country.
Old 2009-11-24, 15:50   Link #286
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

So without giving out any spoilers, has the anime gotten better? I followed for like 3 or 4 episodes i think and then stopped.

1) Because the pacing was really weird, and i loved the first make of the anime a LOT...
2) I like to hold off on the anime until i'ts completely finished...i blew through FMA, the 52 episodes in like 2 or 3 days.

So my questions are 1) How many episodes total now? I heard it was slated for around 60+?
2) IS this anime truly following the manga a lot closer now?

and 3) Has the pacing issue been fixed? People speculated that as soon as they got to the point where the original anime split off from the manga the pacing would go back to normal...has that been the case?

Thanks!
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 00:38   Link #287
GaimeGuy

Pacing is fine.

They do cut things here and there, and occasionally, the decisions for things to cut and things to keep are sometimes REALLY puzzling.

Episode 33 aired a few days ago.

yes, it's following the manga.

Yes, it's awesome.

Yes, you should watch it.

Yes, you should read the manga, too.
Old 2009-12-06, 19:04   Link #288
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
manga question, when something happens
this hasn't happened in the anime Brotherhood yet

Spoiler for for the question:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 20:04   Link #289
Vlyse

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
manga question, when something happens
this hasn't happened in the anime Brotherhood yet

Spoiler for for the question:
Spoiler for Answer:
Vlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 05:46   Link #290
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
Spoiler for Answer:
thank you =)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:31   Link #291
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quick question:
Does this new season have echi screens that should not be watched in front of your family because it could raise suspicious about your private lifestyle? ^^
(If there is, which episode as it?)

I don't know why but gore and blood seems to be acceptable but not echi stuffs. My sister probably rather has me as a serial killer than a pervert or pedophile (talk about stereotype here) D:
Old 2009-12-11, 10:14   Link #292
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Quick question:
Does this new season have echi screens that should not be watched in front of your family because it could raise suspicious about your private lifestyle? ^^

I don't know why but gore and blood seems to be acceptable but not echi stuffs. My sister probably rather has me as a serial killer than a pervert or pedophile (talk about stereotype here) D:
no I don't remember such things in FMA:B
Old 2009-12-11, 15:04   Link #293
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Quick question:

Not at all, FMA is about as fanservice-free as you can get.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 18:24   Link #294
viperx116

Is the manga finished yet? Will the remake follow the manga story to completion?
viperx116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 18:29   Link #295
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post
Is the manga finished yet? Will the remake follow the manga story to completion?
The manga's in its final arc. The remake's expected to follow the manga until the end.
Old 2009-12-13, 03:09   Link #296
Flask
Homunculus

That question that was placed in spoilers is slightly inaccurate. I don't think think it'll be 8+ weeks away. Episode 35 is roughly around chapter 65 so the pace's faster than that.

I expect brotherhood to finish in the episode 50-60 range.

What concerns me is if the Manga will conclude by the time the final episode rolls around.

To Miroku: Yeah, I didn't like the pace either.

Aside from episode 1 of FMA:B, I'd stick to the first anime up until around... Laboratory 5. The first anime, in my opinion, does a better job with the earlier story. Plus FMA:B doesn't have some of the things like Youswell.. which is weird since Yoki plays a much bigger role in the manga and Brotherhood.

I like the english Voice Actors.. so once Brotherhood comes out on DVD in English, I plan on splitting & compiling the two animes into one. I asked for a thread to help me establish which episodes are better in which of the two animes, but no dice so far.

Personally I feel it's necessary... Brotherhood's/the Manga's story post Laboratory 5 is SOOO much better than FMA1's.. but then you have the reverse.. Brotherhood is pretty weak for the earlier episodes. I mean you don't have half the emphasis you had on things like Barry the Chopper.

I want like the ultimate FMA experience and the only way to do that is to combine them.
Flask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 04:44   Link #297
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This is the Q&A thread. Not a place for such talk.
Old 2009-12-24, 17:34   Link #298
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Well, after the first series ended I started to read the manga. And I was SO delighted when I saw the announcement of the remake. I LOVE FMA!
I'm on Volume 12 and only watched 4 episodes of Brotherhood. The regional translation is very good (even superior to the fan scanlations) so ----

I wonder if I should switch to brotherhood now, or just go on reading and watching the anime afterwards. ...Or would it be better to watch the anime first afterall?

I know I'll do both eventually. But the animation and sound of anime is always a different experience then just seeing it being written down. On the other hand - anime tends to cut out many of the dialogues I like most (anime in generally) and I really love the manga uptil now. But I do like to watch anime more than I like to read manga in general).

So what do the experienced alchemists here advise me to do? :3 Are there any neglected characters in the anime versions? Or is it true to it's source?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 18:31   Link #299
GaimeGuy

They really neglected a lot of Marcoh's early scenes, removing practically everything between when he gives Ed the location of his research documents and when Scar finds him. They cut or shortened several events/scenes involving the Xing characters (ie: The Envy + Gluttony vs. Lan Fan + Ling fight was cut altogether, and Lan Fan vs. Ed was shortened quite a bit).

Also, the Greed and Ishval volumes (Volumes 7 and 15) were heavily shortened.

My recommendation: Catch up with the manga, then catch up with the anime (while also following the manga as new chapters come out).
Old 2009-12-28, 04:39   Link #300
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Are Mustang's eyes blue or black? In the coloured pages of the manga they are blue but in the anime they are black!!