AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-28, 22:03   Link #721
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What a great series there wasnt a bad episode and there really needs to be a season 2 as well some on need to dub this

10/10
Old 2011-06-29, 01:53   Link #722
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm giving this an 8/10. Not the best series I've ever seen, but nevertheless quite enjoyable to watch casually. Not a series you have to think too hard about, and it had a lot of sweet moments. I think it deserved a bit more of an epilogue than it got, but it was fine, really.

I would actually like to see another season, but if it just ends like that, it's actually fine.
Old 2011-06-29, 02:22   Link #723
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If the manga is able to provide enough content (still ongoing hopefully) a second season might be possible? o.o
Old 2011-06-29, 04:52   Link #724
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
If the manga is able to provide enough content (still ongoing hopefully) a second season might be possible? o.o
It would be pretty much hard to make a second season now that they actually made the Lotte's end obvious. In mangas and anime, usually, when the main character has chosen the girl he likes it's usually when it end.
Old 2011-06-29, 07:22   Link #725
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That's true, this pretty much decided upon its own ending. There's also not enough really to draw out from Naoya x Lotte relationship since its already formed.
Old 2011-06-29, 08:11   Link #726
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
For it to have another season they would have to discard the ending. As I wrote before, the person who wrote that wanted to insure that there was never a second season. They could get away with the sucky sucky banana jokes, but if it was rally happening between a 23 year old and a 10 year old, even if off screen, they would never be able to show it on anything but maybe ATX, and it is highly unlikely they could get enough sponsors. It is a pity too, since there is a lot of very funny material. And in the Manga it seems to be Naoya that is attracting the potential harem.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2011-06-29 at 08:26.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 14:06   Link #727
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
It would be pretty much hard to make a second season now that they actually made the Lotte's end obvious. In mangas and anime, usually, when the main character has chosen the girl he likes it's usually when it end.
Unless the girl conveniently forgets this later on and goes on like nothing has happened, forcing the guy to start over (I'm looking at you, Shana and Louise).
Old 2011-06-29, 14:54   Link #728
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

nice ending, this series turned out a lot better then what i expected before it started.
Old 2011-06-30, 01:02   Link #729
winkel

Definitely a good last episode. Asuha being able to finally spend time together with her Mommy was the cutest most awesome thing ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
While I agree that the last episode made things pretty clear, it also left a lot of things open still. Namely, the hope for a Family End, as Naoya indeed finally described his love for Rotte, and it was definitely a feeling of affection and natural love, rather than one for a relationship. Which I think is the best way to do things.

And the Queen is still waiting for him... if only the show wasn't called Astarotte's Toy!
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 18:41   Link #730
Midonin
Last Engage

Looks like there are character songs included with the DVD/BD releases too. They're also 1:30 or so in length. For the entire song. That's sorta new.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 15:38   Link #731
justsomeguy

Ugh, too similar to the Dog Days ending, so my criticisms there would apply here too. Diomedea managed to put more emotion into this, at least, so I'll give them that. Now I'm wondering at what point the anime diverged from the manga, but I'm not too eager to find out. If it's anything like the anime, all of this is just a bit too sweet for me. The sort of love that Naoya declared to Lotte in the finale also seemed to be too large of a shift from their previous parent-child relationship, so points off for that.

7/10

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 15:56   Link #732
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Ugh, too similar to the Dog Days ending, so my criticisms there would apply here too. Diomedea managed to put more emotion into this, at least, so I'll give them that. Now I'm wondering at what point the anime diverged from the manga, but I'm not too eager to find out. If it's anything like the anime, all of this is just a bit too sweet for me. The sort of love that Naoya declared to Lotte in the finale also seemed to be too large of a shift from their previous parent-child relationship, so points off for that.

7/10
Basically they just took scenes from here and there from the manga and modified them. The order was different, characters appeared in scenes that they didn't appear in in the manga and characters were left out, and there was nowhere in the manga where Lotte went to the human realm and nothing remotely resembling the last two episodes. I still thought they did a good job on the feel of the story up until the last two episodes which have a totally different feel from the manga.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 16:22   Link #733
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Basically they just took scenes from here and there from the manga and modified them. The order was different, characters appeared in scenes that they didn't appear in in the manga and characters were left out, and there was nowhere in the manga where Lotte went to the human realm and nothing remotely resembling the last two episodes. I still thought they did a good job on the feel of the story up until the last two episodes which have a totally different feel from the manga.
Was that it? I also heard that Mercelida was completely different in the manga (which would be a pity, because I thought she was great here).

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 20:00   Link #734
Sekirei07

They did a lot of things different, over all it seems to have focused less on the ecchi and more on the relationship building.

I don't think it was a bad series, but they made such a huge plot hole with this different route.

Biggest plot hole:
Asuha and the World Tree

They stated that the World Tree was rejecting both our Hero and Asuha as they were from the realm of man/humans. But then why is this happening? Asuha was (most likely assumed but given what has been said must have) born in the monster realm and was with the Queen for the first few years of before going to the realm of man to be with Naouha.

So why was the World Tree rejecting her? She is at the very least half belonging to the Monster Realm and was certainly born there.

I know they needed some climax to happen but they could have picked something without the major plot hole...
Old 2011-07-02, 20:09   Link #735
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Was that it? I also heard that Mercelida was completely different in the manga (which would be a pity, because I thought she was great here).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
They did a lot of things different, over all it seems to have focused less on the ecchi and more on the relationship building.
The plot itself (save for the last couple of episodes and the school/queen stuff) was the same, but the atmosphere was totally different, the anime was cute and bittersweet, while the manga was more ecchi and detached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
I don't think it was a bad series, but they made such a huge plot hole with this different route.

Biggest plot hole:
Asuha and the World Tree

They stated that the World Tree was rejecting both our Hero and Asuha as they were from the realm of man/humans. But then why is this happening? Asuha was (most likely assumed but given what has been said must have) born in the monster realm and was with the Queen for the first few years of before going to the realm of man to be with Naouha.

So why was the World Tree rejecting her? She is at the very least half belonging to the Monster Realm and was certainly born there.

I know they needed some climax to happen but they could have picked something without the major plot hole...
True, but better than no resolution, and no sequel... unfortunately there isn't even the possibility to pick the manga since it's mood is very different.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 21:30   Link #736
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The plot itself (save for the last couple of episodes and the school/queen stuff) was the same, but the atmosphere was totally different, the anime was cute and bittersweet, while the manga was more ecchi and detached.

True, but better than no resolution, and no sequel... unfortunately there isn't even the possibility to pick the manga since it's mood is very different.
Well, they did alter the back story of the bunny sage. The manga had her as a girl who had all the knowledge of the real sage transplanted into her brain rather than her being the actual real sage herself.

Can't really have a sequel considering it ended with her getting to her must "chu chu" phase.

I thought they were going to go somewhere with Naoha and how he was able to give Lotte magic even from a simple kiss. I wish they could have dove more into that...
Old 2011-07-08, 17:41   Link #737
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I have to sey....the Queen is hot....

However...a good series.....
Old 2011-08-01, 15:56   Link #738
Miraluka
Banned

OVA PV

It seems this ova will mostly about Mercelida and Naoya's rape relationship in the past.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 17:21   Link #739
GDB

Also looks like Lotte and Zelda's meeting, and from the scenes shown it appears to be a direct adaptation of the manga.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 18:56   Link #740
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It seems this ova will mostly about Mercelida and Naoya's rape relationship in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also looks like Lotte and Zelda's meeting, and from the scenes shown it appears to be a direct adaptation of the manga.
Both of those would be interesting to see ; the OVA sounds promising.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, loli, romance, seinen