AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 07:18   Link #321
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Were we told whether Shiryu hold the position of Libra saint or not?

I looked up the screens and saw Ichi is there... as a student
Old 2012-04-22, 07:59   Link #322
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Nope, Shiryu was only referred to as the 'famous Dragon Saint.'

The way I saw Ichi, it seems like he's been made the scapegoat to tell the message that the new era of Saints are significantly different from how things used to be from their good old'days.

In a way, it also shows that a lot of things we're seeing in Omega are new things developed or discovered after Hades arc.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 08:43   Link #323
Key Board
Carbon

Hydra Ichi went back to school because he couldn't figure out what his element was and wanted to discover it

This begs the question, though..

did all the surviving saints eventually discovered what their element was, or was Ichi the only one that was stubborn enough to swallow pride and go back to training?

I mean, some are pretty obvious like Seiya being light and Ikki being fire. What about Andromeda? That's vague. And most of the gold saints? Don't tell me they're all (sun)light. That would be boring

Is understanding the element system really necessary?

I think Hydra Ichi is just a (not so) old guy wanting to understand what's hip nowadays. But still, he deserves to applauded. I had to learn both DOS and Windows, so I can understand his position.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 09:05   Link #324
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
What about Andromeda?
Shun would definitely be a wind elemental if he discovers it - see his Nebula Stream/Storm attack which comes from his own cosmo, the Nebula Chain and is part of his Andromeda cloth so it shouldn't count as his cosmo elemental.

Quote:
And most of the gold saints? Don't tell me they're all (sun)light. That would be boring
Well all the old gold saints died in the Hades arc, so who knows. The new generation of gold saints (not many now) would have to adapt too I would think.

There's a few which would be sort of obvious from the old generation - Aquarius would obviously be a water elemental, Taurus would seem to be an earth, Cancer is darkness perhaps? etc

Quote:
Is understanding the element system really necessary?
As explained it is now necessary for the new generation of saints.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 09:52   Link #325
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Actually, the most vague ones are the other 5 bronze saints aside from Seiya & co. In the original series, all their attacks are physical with no element added (Unicorn with the “rider kick”, Bear by strangling, Hydra with the claws, etc). Yet, now, Lionet suddenly has fire element and (it seems that) Wolf has earth element. Omega truly made things up with their elements. Btw, does it makes Pisces an Earth elemental (since the attacks use flowers )?

Personally, there’s a plus & minus with the addition of element. The plus is: it added some more to the fights, not just repeating attacks. The minus, just like Pokemon, we already know that certain element hardly able to beat another. Water > Fire for example. So, the mystery of “who will win” kinda decreased (although we know that main characters tend to win no matter what their element is). Thus, I think I can’t expect to see engaging fights like Pisces Albafica vs Deep Niobe + Gryphin Minos, or Scorpio Kardia vs Wyvern Rhadamantys, etc.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:15   Link #326
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The minus, just like Pokemon, we already know that certain element hardly able to beat another. Water > Fire for example. So, the mystery of “who will win” kinda decreased (although we know that main characters tend to win no matter what their element is).
But they already amended it in this episode - if your cosmo is higher than your opponent you can overcome the elemental weakness. See Ryuho completely blow up the female saint's rock wall with his water even though earth is supposedly stronger than water.

The elemental is only an advantage and in no way absolute, it's not going to limit the fights. Actually even before in the original work it happened a lot of times when Hyoga faces fire-wielding enemies and he comes out on top after a hard battle - it's going to be the same thing here.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:23   Link #327
Key Board
Carbon

From what I've seen the type of element depends on the wielder and not cloth

which is why they were surprised at Kouga's light element. Apparently that's quite rare?
Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-04-22, 11:26   Link #328
ShiroiRyu

Ok so ...
The little boy is strong, really strong but in same time, he is weak ... XD
Anyways, so, we need just one more guy for the team !
Old 2012-04-22, 12:10   Link #329
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode cleared things up regarding the elements. They're a new power granted by the clothstones, so that explains why nobody used them in the original series (even though some of them did use them somehow...). I understand why Ichi had to go back to school, although by now he should have been able to discover his element. I assume those who became instructors like Geki did.

I'm liking Ryuho so far. His body is weak but he's not a wimpy character by any means. He's quite badass, in fact. I liked his attacks, especially the one that cut the floor. It'd be cool if it was his version of Excalibur. His Rozan Sho Ryu Ha was cool looking as well.

The cameos from Shunrei and Shiryu were nice. Shiryu managed to train his son by relying on his cosmo alone, and he made him into the strongest saint of the new generation; how awesome is that?

It's good to see Kouga will have attacks of his own. His Pegasus Senko ken didn't look too different from a Suisei ken, but it's a start. I'm hoping the attacks using his darkness element will be different and not the same thing colored black.
Old 2012-04-22, 15:13   Link #330
Albafica
Pisces no saint

The episode 4 was really cool. I didn't expect to like Ryuho but finally he's cool and nice! His fight with Koga was ok, not really epic but the final was cool with Pegasus throwing a new attack! The Rozan Shoryu Ha, so much memories!

I'm a bit disappointed about the explanation of elements. I don't really like the fact that Light and Darkness have no weakness. Well they say that others elements have their weakness but it depends of the Saint' cosmo. So yeah, we can say that it's not really important. But well...

The soundtrack was good in this episode, I'm happy! It's not as the same level as Yokoyama but it's not bad.

I was really happy to see Ichi, Shiryu, Shunrei (but they look a bit ugly ).

Omega really look like a "new shonen", with his rules, training etc... Saint Seiya started really epic with fight like Seiya vs Shiryu, or Ichi vs Hyoga. I really love these fight with awesome soundtrack. Here it looks like it start slowly. I really hope that we will have some epic battle in Omega, or I will be disappointed...
Old 2012-04-22, 22:04   Link #331
Key Board
Carbon

dark and light seem to oppose themselves
Old 2012-04-22, 22:58   Link #332
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm kinda surprised Ichi and Geki didn't react to Kohga literally screaming Saori/Athena's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The cameos from Shunrei and Shiryu were nice. Shiryu managed to train his son by relying on his cosmo alone, and he made him into the strongest saint of the new generation; how awesome is that?
Superior training and honesty works wonders. Ryuho's pretty much the reverse of Kouga when it came to a Saint's up-bringing.

- Proper cosmo training. (Compared to Shaina's 'stop whining and just do it.')
- Actual training of techniques. (Shaina obviously passed nothing to him, not that he bothered.)
- Athena's identity. (You'll know... one day.)
- Saints 101. (kougawhygirlswearmask)

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-04-23, 00:32   Link #333
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I just remembered how Shaina trained Cassios, and how during the first battle between him and Seiya for the Pegasus cloth how Seiya belittled Cassios for just having the physical strength of a saint but never having felt cosmo and then completely pwnd him.

So sad to say really but Shaina is probably not the best saints teacher around, at least this time around she remembered to tell Kouga about the secrets of the cosmo.

OTOH Shiryu learnt from one of the best and most experienced saint alive at his time (come on you all know that Dohko is like Yoda lol), and Shiryu himself is a great student whom took in everything from Dohko, so Ryuho comes from a great saint lineage.
Old 2012-04-23, 02:05   Link #334
Key Board
Carbon

too bad he inherited his father's self destructive gene.. xd
Old 2012-04-23, 03:10   Link #335
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Really? I think it's more like the other way round.

Dragon Constellation : Damn it, I am not going to deal with another body-exploding, blood-spilling, self-blinding Saint. I'll curse my successor with a body so frail that he'll faint before even trying to be half as crazy as his dad.

Old 2012-04-23, 14:28   Link #336
Miraluka
Banned

Being Dragon is suffering O_O!

To think Dragon Constellation will conclude something like that.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 13:59   Link #337
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Gotta echo the sentiment that Yuna owns as a heroine. I like that they didn't make her overly bitchy nor overly competent, but rather like every other saint in the show pretty much, capable, noble, dutiful, hot-blooded etc.

Ryuho is also a total bro. In fact all the saints pretty much own right now. This is going to make a great ensemble cast.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 14:52   Link #338
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I'm still disappointed by the fact that nobody speak about Yuna who took off her mask. Maybe, it wasn't so important. Maybe other girls will take off their mask too . I think it would be more interesting if it has some consequences...

Well it was funny to see Ichi the loser...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4STZ60KSfM

Hyoga vs Ichi fight was cool IMO, the music was so beautiful!

And another fight: Seiya Vs Geki (we saw them in Omega) !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLa_UqzwuRw

Listen to the soundtrack, it was so epic, already!

I hope that Omega soundtrack will be cooler.

And I hope that we will have some Kurumada fact: -characters with eyes closed everytime . They looks badass .

I wonder if Omega will have memorable fight...
Old 2012-04-25, 15:44   Link #339
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I'm still disappointed by the fact that nobody speak about Yuna who took off her mask. Maybe, it wasn't so important. Maybe other girls will take off their mask too . I think it would be more interesting if it has some consequences....
I'm pretty sure that one guy in episode 3 wanted to fight her because she broke the rule among other reasons.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 02:49   Link #340
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I'm still disappointed by the fact that nobody speak about Yuna who took off her mask. Maybe, it wasn't so important. Maybe other girls will take off their mask too . I think it would be more interesting if it has some consequences...
I do feel a little disappointed that it wasn't brought up, but to be fair, we're in 'introduction mode.' Yuna's kinda not in the limelight until her next turn.

Still, would had been nice to at least see Ryuho give some thought.

I don't think the mask thing was ever important. I mean, even back in the good old days, the mask rule thing was always a self-enforced rule. Nobody caused any problems for Shaina for not hurrying up on dealing with Seiya, it was entirely on her own time and initiative.

I mean, the rule didn't even demand that the guy has to love the girl back. So technically any female Saint can just remove the mask and say "I've fallen in love, deal with it."

Tags
action, shounen