AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-07-02, 07:24   Link #581
Yamiro
Lux ex Silesia

Send a message via MSN to Yamiro
case closed, go to the menu (just press square while you are in "schedule mode")- you should see "Save" , "Load" , "Config" and "End game". Press "Save" and you will see 5 slots, pick one and press "はい". That should be all, but if you have any more problems just PM me
Yamiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:20   Link #582
ForbiddenOne

About Rai's Geass working on animals: Couldn't it work on a dog that has been trained to understand certain commands?

---

Anyways, why do so many sources on the internet say that Rai originates from some time hundreds of years ago (one source said a hundred years ago) when it seems pretty clear that V.V. is the one that gave him his geass, and V.V. is only.. what.. .sixty or so? Granted you only see the bottom half of the geass giver's face, but he sounds just like V.V. and he has that same smug smile that makes you want to smack him...

Not only that, but he knows how to pilot Knightmare Frames- granted, there was something in the storyline about him being somehow filled with knowledge of the modern era, but I cannot imagine the scientists wanting to teach him how to pilot a Knightmare.... How old is the first generation of that technology anyway? I know the generations seem to go by really fast once the series starts.

---

Incidentally, in the anime or the manga, do they ever go to the facility that C.C. was being transported to/from in Japan? It seems like at one point in the story its mentioned that you were in the same facility she was, and C.C. says something like "the food was terrible, right?"....

---

Does Rai ever find out that hes royal on both sides of his family, or does he only find out about his Britannian side in the Britannan military branch, and the Sumeragi side in the Black Knights branch?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2873907

Are they telling him about both here? What are the three options for responses when Rai is put on the spot? What gets said when he chooses the other ones?

(obviously the one that got chosen results in him telling the truth).

And what does Inoue say to him exactly? I think I got the gist of it, but...

??

---

As an aside, what do the 3 options you are given when Kallen takes you to join the Black Knights say? It seems like one is refusal, leading to Zero trying to shoot you and Kallen stopping him (at which point you join), one is acceptance, but the third one is like.. acceptance but she frowns... ? What happens there?

---

Was anyone a little put off by the fact that you cannot pull a Darth Vader with Kaguya? I understand why they didn't put that in, but still...
ForbiddenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:21   Link #583
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
About Rai's Geass working on animals: Couldn't it work on a dog that has been trained to understand certain commands?
Possibly... Possibly... But they still can't understand human because his Voice of Subjugation is most likely only usable when people can understand him, or hear him.

Quote:
Anyways, why do so many sources on the internet say that Rai originates from some time hundreds of years ago (one source said a hundred years ago) when it seems pretty clear that V.V. is the one that gave him his geass, and V.V. is only.. what.. .sixty or so? Granted you only see the bottom half of the geass giver's face, but he sounds just like V.V. and he has that same smug smile that makes you want to smack him...
You see, this is what I thought myself. I can't quite answer that because I still find it hard to believe.

Quote:
Not only that, but he knows how to pilot Knightmare Frames- granted, there was something in the storyline about him being somehow filled with knowledge of the modern era, but I cannot imagine the scientists wanting to teach him how to pilot a Knightmare.... How old is the first generation of that technology anyway? I know the generations seem to go by really fast once the series starts.
During his time in the Code R project he was augmented with physical abiltiy, artificial intelligence, AND knightmare piloting through simulation. Rai is from way far back, make no mistake.

Quote:
Does Rai ever find out that hes royal on both sides of his family, or does he only find out about his Britannian side in the Britannan military branch, and the Sumeragi side in the Black Knights branch?
It's possible in one branch he is solely one. But it;s possible he is both and when Lloyd told him about it he didn't know the royalty on his japanese side.

Quote:
Incidentally, in the anime or the manga, do they ever go to the facility that C.C. was being transported to/from in Japan? It seems like at one point in the story its mentioned that you were in the same facility she was, and C.C. says something like "the food was terrible, right?"....
Nope, never see it. Only hear about it. And yes I'm pretty sure it was the same facility as C.C. since there were multiple capsules just like her's.

Quote:
As an aside, what do the 3 options you are given when Kallen takes you to join the Black Knights say? It seems like one is refusal, leading to Zero trying to shoot you and Kallen stopping him (at which point you join), one is acceptance, but the third one is like.. acceptance but she frowns... ? What happens there?
One is probably uncertainty, while one is clear denial, while one is acceptance. I think that is how it goes?

Quote:
Was anyone a little put off by the fact that you cannot pull a Darth Vader with Kaguya? I understand why they didn't put that in, but still...
Same here.

(everything else I'll leave up to someone else.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:33   Link #584
ForbiddenOne

More questions:

Is Rai immortal or what? I know he doesn't have a code, and that his long sleep (and lack of aging during said sleep) can be explained by the mysterious powers of the island he was on, but the text I keep reading says that he tried to commit suicide after that one big battle and could not due to his contract.

The hell does that mean? As far as I can tell a contract is not actually binding in any way- Charles can yoink V.V.'s code (albeit intending to fill their contract in the end), and Mao didn't have to kill C.C., nor did Lelouch.

I can understand if the contract itself was some kind of geass-like effect, like the geass Tohsaka can put on Shirou if you make the wrong choice in Fate Stay Night, physically stopping him from violating the contract, but that does not appear to be the case. (although it might seem that way since Rai wants to die in the royal guard endings but asks to be killed rather than committing suicide.)

Also, Rai survives getting shot multiple times at close range, as well as a variety of other situations (although presumably not when his knightmare explodes...)

Again, that can all be explained by anime physics and plot armor, but... yeah...

???

And was it stated that Rai's body was enhanced somehow (presumably by the scientists while he was asleep)? How? And how did they fill him with information while he was asleep? Or was he being experimented on, and at some point he woke up and got taught stuff, then escaped and somehow forgot the facility too, or.. or... ??? And where is this facility? Does it ever come up?

My head hurts >_<.
Old 2010-09-30, 15:39   Link #585
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Is Rai immortal or what? I know he doesn't have a code, and that his long sleep (and lack of aging during said sleep) can be explained by the mysterious powers of the island he was on, but the text I keep reading says that he tried to commit suicide after that one big battle and could not due to his contract.
No. Rai was sealed in the thought elevator.

He is not immortal. HE CAN be killed. He was sealed in the thought elevator, and he forced himself into a sleep while simultaneously erasing his memories. The TE is a space with no time, only existence. It isn't effected by the outside world. That is how Rai survived for so long. This is undeniable proof Rai can be killed. (Warning: Evil shota and blood.)

He didn't try to commit suicide. He did fall into despair, but he sealed his memories and geassed himself to sleep when the immortal that did give him his contract deemed him 'unable to fulfill his contract.'

Rai was enhanced mentally and physically, whether or not he was conscious during the experiments is up at the air since good old ED has yet to translate that far. 9I doubt it since The geass route has been finished and that is the one that is most prominent with that.)
Old 2010-09-30, 15:45   Link #586
ForbiddenOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post

You see, this is what I thought myself. I can't quite answer that because I still find it hard to believe.
Why? The time when V.V.'s aging stopped was a time of serious internal struggle, its not inconceivable that Rai was one of the good people that got caught up in everything and made a grab for power (albeit for his mother and sister's sake, not his own).

Quote:
During his time in the Code R project he was augmented with physical abiltiy, artificial intelligence, AND knightmare piloting through simulation. Rai is from way far back, make no mistake.
When is this mentioned exactly? And.. artificial intelligence? Really?

So its not the pure awesome thats in his royal blood, like Suzaku?

I guess they were using him as a test bed for new technologies? Or maybe they intended to use him as a weapon, ala Rolo?

Presumably he was on good terms with V.V. at one time, to the extent that you can be on good terms with a manipulative little sociopath, so I guess thats not unthinkable.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, what exactly does V.V. say to Rai when Rai is in his room during... is it the Ashford arc?

It starts off like "Its you..." "Oh, your power is interesting, but its.. (ephemeral?)" "Its Geass", and he gives the spiel about it being the power of kings, etc... but theres also stuff I don't understand.

ALSO SPEAKING OF WHICH, what the hell is the deal with that early encounter in the storyline where you see C.C. go into Lelouch's room and then ask Lelouch about her? He says you've been working too hard and just imagined it, you don't believe him, he opens his door and C.C. isn't there.

Is she in the closet or something?

Quote:
It's possible in one branch he is solely one. But it;s possible he is both and when Lloyd told him about it he didn't know the royalty on his japanese side.
Yeah what I figured was that the Japanese would not be in the Britannian database. Especially since Lloyd didn't do the analysis himself (right? the impression I got was that he sent it away and got it done there, ditto for the fake id card he later produced, although that was him calling in some favors... and presumably the id card was made to say he was Britannian).

---

Oh and I was also put off that I could not tell C.C. THERES A CRAZY PSYCHIC GUY STALKING YOU! LOCK YOUR DOORS!
Old 2010-09-30, 15:57   Link #587
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Why? The time when V.V.'s aging stopped was a time of serious internal struggle, its not inconceivable that Rai was one of the good people that got caught up in everything and made a grab for power (albeit for his mother and sister's sake, not his own).
Because during the Emblem of Blood incident (which was the struggle you speak of) Britannia was advanced enough to have firearms. In Rai's time they still had medieval arsenal. Besides it was the only family involved in the EoB. In Rai's event a war broke out with staggering casualties. We hear no mention of this in CG.

Quote:
When is this mentioned exactly? And.. artificial intelligence? Really?

So its not the pure awesome thats in his royal blood, like Suzaku?

I guess they were using him as a test bed for new technologies (especially if he really was immortal, or even if he wasn't)? Or maybe they intended to use him as a weapon, ala Rolo?
AI as in... like teaching him stuff through less academical means. Like brainwashing or even mental implant.

And yes I think they were using him as a testbed for new technological, medical, and advances in general. It was shown he wasn't the only capsule there - the scientists were interested in geass. So, i think it's possibly they want to harness it into a conventional means. Or yes, be like Rolo.

Quote:
It starts off like "Its you..." "Oh, your power is interesting, but its.. (ephemeral?)" "Its Geass", and he gives the spiel about it being the power of kings, etc... but theres also stuff I don't understand.
Wasn't that C.C...? No you must be talking about when you did hear V.V. - that may have been a by product of him being in the TE for so long he is able to connect with immortals regardless of contract or not. Or, he really did make a contract with V.V. I don't know, just like the glorious R2 not much was explained in term of geass.

Quote:
Is she in the closet or something?
Maybe she hid under the bed, jumped out the window or got out of mere view? It's pretty easy considering C.C. has been on the run.

Quote:
Yeah what I figured was that the Japanese would not be in the Britannian database. Especially since Lloyd didn't do the analysis himself (right? the impression I got was that he sent it away and got it done there, ditto for the fake id card he later produced, although that was him calling in some favors... and presumably the id card was made to say he was Britannian).
For as far as the Special dispatch is concerned, Rai is Britannian. They needed proof he was Britannian, Lloyd wouldn't really talk about it since itnerracial affairs with a royal family member would be... dicey.
Old 2010-09-30, 16:40   Link #588
ForbiddenOne

They had medieval weapons? Oh, because of the sound of clashing swords and such (as opposed to the Knightmare frame sounds)? Yeah... thats kinda... odd*

The impression that I got, though, was that his rivals came to kick his ass, and he tried to rally his troops and his geass went out of control, like with the Euphinator, only much, much worse.

On second glance it may be that he simply was rallying them in general (not with the enemy outside the gates or actively invading) and his people went out and fought to the death against them anyway, thanks to his geass.

And theres also that coincidentally similar story thats told in the play during the festival...

Hmm... but what about V.V's voice? Isn't he the one saying "Oyasumi?" And how does he recognize Rai specifically "Oh, its you."? Well, if he ordered the experimentation I guess he... would have seen Rai... how that translates to psychic recognition I don't know but it seems somewhat plausible.

Actually, refresh my memory on a somewhat related topic: Why exactly did C.C. leave the Geass Directory and not come back? Especially when she realized Marianne wasn't dead. Did she just figure "well I'm already on this path and I don't want to screw Lelouch (at least, not in that sense :P) so I'll stay here."?

* Wait, they *NEVER* used medieval weapons in America... did they? I mean, I know that universe's history differs from our own, but... well i guess the colonists did use sabers and the like along with their gunpowder weapons, and that would still make Rai old as hell... And they did have contact with Japan (Japan just wasn't terribly welcoming around that time).

Apparently the whole thing with Washington and Franklin happened, but Franklin was a douche in this universe... and theres the fact (well its a "fact" in that I read it on the internet :P) that if you do the math, the main series takes place at some ridiculous time like 1963... so I guess the span of time is.. is...

http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/World_History

I think I'm going to lay down.. my head... >_<.

---

Actually, looking at that timeline, I'd say Rai could be about 200 years old assuming its not V.V. that gave him the contract. Since there were warring factions and such it seems like his story would take place after Washington's failed revolution, since prior to that the colonies were concerned with rebelling and/or not getting pwnt by the natives and/or local conditions or what-have-you.
Old 2010-09-30, 16:52   Link #589
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
The impression that I got, though, was that his rivals came to kick his ass, and he tried to rally his troops and his geass went out of control, like with the Euphinator, only much, much worse.
Definitely worse, because it was a two way disaster that didn't leave much of either side. Since it included quite a few civilians it put the country Rai controlled into disarray. Calling it a bloodbath is giving it quite the understatement.

Quote:
Actually, refresh my memory on a somewhat related topic: Why exactly did C.C. leave the Geass Directory and not come back? Especially when she realized Marianne wasn't dead. Did she just figure "well I'm already on this path and I don't want to screw Lelouch (at least, not in that sense :P) so I'll stay here."?
My specialty is Rai and Lost Colors, I can't quite remember why she left.

Quote:
Actually, looking at that timeline, I'd say Rai could be about 200 years old assuming its not V.V. that gave him the contract. Since there were warring factions and such it seems like his story would take place after Washington's failed revolution, since prior to that the colonies were concerned with rebelling and/or not getting pwnt by the natives and/or local conditions or what-have-you.
Rai could be quite old, even older then 200. It's just stated he is 200 or at least. I do have to say him ruling another country besides Britannia or Japan is possible.. but it doesn't explain for the latter how he knew the Sumeragi clan. Qutie a few unanswered questions, I'm sorry.
Old 2010-09-30, 17:26   Link #590
ForbiddenOne

Where is it stated that hes 200 at least?

And thanks for responding <3.
Old 2010-09-30, 18:11   Link #591
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenOne View Post
Where is it stated that hes 200 at least?

And thanks for responding <3.
He'd have to be if in his era they were still using pikes as infantry weaponry.

I mean even during the 1600's they had guns on soldiers by that time.

Sure thing. It's what I do.
Old 2010-09-30, 19:27   Link #592
ForbiddenOne

I think I need to look more closely at those pics... they're shown in those "memory" pics (like the one that shows a faceless woman) right?
Old 2010-10-01, 08:17   Link #593
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I think I need to look more closely at those pics... they're shown in those "memory" pics (like the one that shows a faceless woman) right?
Yeah, but you are right V.V. shows up in them. There is no mistaking the little bastard. Also notice that whenever Rai remembers the battle the weaponry shows up as an indication of what they were using. Which is where I got that Rai is at least 200 years old.

I would believe Rai was during the revolution's time if they were using bayonets or some other sort - but you also have to remember a LOT changed with the finding of Sakuradite.
Old 2010-10-02, 00:05   Link #594
ForbiddenOne

Anyone have any idea whats really going on in this one event

http://code-geass-lost-colors-transl...-courtyard.php

See the event marked

Kallen and Lelouch:

(ScAsh-中庭-Ka-Le-01): Morning (朝), Days 14 and onwards (Length: 1 time period), (First found on Day 14)
Old 2010-10-02, 07:24   Link #595
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Anyone have any idea whats really going on in this one event

http://code-geass-lost-colors-transl...-courtyard.php

See the event marked

Kallen and Lelouch:

(ScAsh-中庭-Ka-Le-01): Morning (朝), Days 14 and onwards (Length: 1 time period), (First found on Day 14)
Ah, that scene.

Well, to summarize, Lelouch is trying to convince Kallen to get him a "faked" doctor's note in order to get out of trouble for all the classes he's missed. (Because he's out being our favourite masked hero of justice.)

Now, Kallen says no, obviously, saying she has no idea why he thinks she could get him such a thing. And this is what makes this thing so funny, I find. We all know that Kallen is just faking her frailness, and she probably could easily get a hold of such a note. And Lelouch knows that too, since he's Zero after all. BUT, Kallen doesn't know he's Zero, so she has to pretend that she really is weak and frail, and deny his accusation to the end. Rai, a part of the Black Knights at this point, knows what Kallen is doing and therefore doesn't try to interfere in this little spat. (Besides, he's only a temporary student, so missing classes for him doesn't affect him, and therefore has no need to help Lelouch.)

Now, considering all this, is where the true comedy in this scene comes out. Lelouch knows that Kallen has what he needs, and, if he were Zero, he could easily order her to do it for him, as always. But, right now he's only Lelouch, and all the usual obedience he gets from her is gone and there's only Kallen's annoyance at Lelouch as a person, which certainly makes things harder for him. Not only that, but because Lelouch has already had Kallen's suspicions on him from before, he can't risk digging too deeply in this matter and reveal what he knows about Kallen, otherwise his true identity could be uncovered. So, therefore, all Lelouch can do is pester her about it, without using his usual coercion strategies because of the nature of the situation. (And, since he's already used Geass on her, that option is also closed to him.)

Really, the whole thing is so ironic that I can't help but laugh everything time I see that scene. Especially Lelouch's last words, "That woman...!", in frustration is just priceless.

...Man, I really went on there. Well, I hope I explained it sufficiently for you!
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 21:35   Link #596
ForbiddenOne

WAIT! YOU *CAN* pull a Darth Vader if you take the JLF route.

AWESOME.

Almost as awesome as that time in Tsukihime where you can tell Akiha the truth.

(Thank you, both of you).

--

Wait. Wait. I'm further in the JLF route now, and I think it is *SPECIFICALLY STATED* that you're about years old by kirihara, who is presenting data gleaned from your dna. Kaguya even mentions Urashima Taro (google the legend).

Last edited by ForbiddenOne; 2010-10-03 at 00:18.
Old 2010-10-03, 11:27   Link #597
faiz blaster

Quote:
WAIT! YOU *CAN* pull a Darth Vader if you take the JLF route.
How so?

Quote:
Wait. Wait. I'm further in the JLF route now, and I think it is *SPECIFICALLY STATED* that you're about years old by kirihara, who is presenting data gleaned from your dna. Kaguya even mentions Urashima Taro (google the legend).
I kind of remember that particular scene. If I am not mistaken, it went more or less like this: after learning that Rai was a member of the Japanese royal bloodline, the old men of Kyoto ordered further research on his biodata. As a result, it was discovered that the earliest member of that bloodline in their database whose DNA somewhat matched Rai's lived about 100 years prior.

From here on is just a personal theory but, I believe said individual was probably Rai's mother. That being said, if we consider the possibility that she had her children late in life, is not impossible for Rai to have been born in the same generation as Charles and V.V. (he is probably a few years older though...).

Last edited by faiz blaster; 2010-10-03 at 11:28. Reason: gramar
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 17:29   Link #598
ForbiddenOne

^ She is told that you're her distant relative.

(And LOL I just realized that when I edited that post I edited out "100". Good thing you came along. Yeah, its "about 100 years old".)

--

And wait... about the Kaguya ending... is that uhh.. Is... did what I think happen just happen? Doesn't Kirihara say something about continuing the bloodline, and... something about you not regaining consciousness?

I'm having flashbacks to the Evangelion movies here...

:P.

On a more serious note, I read someplace that theres an ending where you sacrifice yourself to save Kallen in the JLF route.. is there? I don't see it in the wiki http://www9.atwiki.jp/codegeasslc/pages/16.html
Old 2010-10-04, 06:49   Link #599
faiz blaster

Its been a whie since I played so my memory is kind of vague on the details. Still, here it is:

Kaguya
After a battle, Rai falls into a deep coma and is put into a hospital bed by the Kyoto Houses. Kirihara mentioned that they had plans to joint him with Kaguya in order to produce a heir, but now have to give up on it since it seems that he is never going to wake up again. Still, Kaguya says she doesn't mind and will forever keep waiting for him, as that is what she is supposed to do.

Kallen
This is not so much as a ending but a certain scene in which you have to stop Kallen and Nagisa from killing each other by taking the blow for either or both of them. Depending of your choice, you'll be connected to a different ending. When I chose to cover Kallen, it connected with the Chinese Federation ending, in which Rai wakes up in the Chinese Federation after recovering from a period of coma due his battle wounds and is recruited by Xingke to help improve the country.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 19:00   Link #600
ForbiddenOne

Hmm, I got the Chinese ending but I don't think I got the scene you described...

--

Oh that reminds me, what the hell happens at the very end of the hot springs ending of the Black Knights arc?
Spoiler:

--

On another note, when does that Kallen/Nagisa thing occur, and does anyone have any idea what triggers it? What circumstances lead up to that choice?

Cuz all I get at the end of that path is a choice to shoot Suzaku or not, the former choice leads me to one of the girls' ending, and the latter to the Chinese Federation ending.

Incidentally, when Suzaku says "Not just Kallen, but you too?!" Am I the only one that thinks: "Yes thats right, you're the only one in Ashford Academy without a functioning brain. Even Arthur is an honorary member of the Black Knights."

Last edited by ForbiddenOne; 2010-10-06 at 22:59.