AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-05, 22:26   Link #141
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Comparing the destiny to the IJ is just unfair. It's like coparing a Leo to the Wing Gundam. The IJ is so mutch better then the Destiny. It has better ranged weapons and way more melee weapons
Dude you act like IJ has weapons aimbot or something...It's not Devil Gundam...The weapons don't just automatically shoot outta it's limbs...It can't just start using every component like it's a Swiss Army Knife...The pilot has to choose what strategy he wants to use, there's no button that uses every weapon simultaneously...Now DESTINY while it may be a one trick pony, that trick is a ridiculous advantage if used properly....All you have to do is stab a cockpit or rape a limb in fast-combat to have a decent chance...When all the power in DESTINY is geared toward pure speed supremecy it should have a greater advantage than many of you are giving it...

The biggest flaw in DESTINY which I have said before is so simple...The lack of a basic beam-saber...Once ASS is gone you have no weapon that plays together with your speed advantage...Palm Fiona seems to take a precious second or two to heat-up and a rifle is useless in pure speed combat...The best way to use DESTINY would be flying around so f*cking fast and unpredictably that your opponent has to guess or anticipate and when they make a mistake you slash their a$$...Ain't a pilot in the C.E. can predict that things movement and hit it with a rifle-blast at full speed (Not that a rifle blast would even scratch it)....DESTINY can manuver effortlessly at it's top speed and provide slivers of fake images...I mean my God that suit has never come close to it's ultimate skill level...
Old 2006-08-05, 22:26   Link #142
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Comparing the destiny to the IJ is just unfair. It's like coparing a Leo to the Wing Gundam. The IJ is so mutch better then the Destiny. It has better ranged weapons and way more melee weapons.
Destiny's ranged weapons are more powerful though, but Justice's ranged weapons are divided. And apparently the palm cannons can be used for shooting, beam spamming too?

BTW, I only classify the boomerangs as mid-range, since I don't really think you can accurately take pot shots with boomerangs from long range.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 22:32   Link #143
vblaze101

Personally, I'd say the beam boomerangs are short-ranged. But yeah, Destiny could have used some regular beam sabers......or at least 2 more of its Flash Edge 2 beam boomerangs....or maybe not, since he'd probably end up throwing and losing the extra two as well.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 22:34   Link #144
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Dude you act like IJ has weapons aimbot or something...It's not Devil Gundam...The weapons don't just automatically shoot outta it's limbs...It can't just start using every component like it's a Swiss Army Knife...The pilot has to choose what strategy he wants to use, there's no button that uses every weapon simultaneously...Now DESTINY while it may be a one trick pony, that trick is a ridiculous advantage if used properly....All you have to do is stab a cockpit or rape a limb in fast-combat to have a decent chance...When all the power in DESTINY is geared toward pure speed supremecy it should have a greater advantage than many of you are giving it...

The biggest flaw in DESTINY which I have said before is so simple...The lack of a basic beam-saber...Once ASS is gone you have no weapon that plays together with your speed advantage...Palm Fiona seems to take a precious second or two to heat-up and a rifle is useless in pure speed combat...The best way to use DESTINY would be flying around so f*cking fast and unpredictably that your opponent has to guess or anticipate and when they make a mistake you slash their a$$...Ain't a pilot in the C.E. can predict that things movement and hit it with a rifle-blast at full speed (Not that a rifle blast would even scratch it)....DESTINY can manuver effortlessly at it's top speed and provide slivers of fake images...I mean my God that suit has never come close to it's ultimate skill level...
Destiny does have beam sabers.
BTW, if you have time, I'd like you to post a suggested strategy to defeat ∞ Justice using Destiny?
Old 2006-08-05, 22:40   Link #145
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Well chalk up another a$$hole point for Shinn for never using a beam saber once in DESTINY, even refusing to use it once S-FREEDOM and IJ broke ASS (Which makes zero sense)...He forgot his brain in episode 35 OK ...

As for a strategy vs. IJ..You did see Yoda in episode II?...DESTINY should do that $hit using after images, keeping IJ off-balance and on the defensive...You people act as if beam-sabers can't do the job...They can still cut thru basically anything...and Shinn never used his speed advantage vs. Athrun like he did vs. SF in ep 42...That's the best I got because I'm gonna log off in a sec...

I'll return with my personal strategy i would use if I was DESTINY's pilot later (vs anyone), because it requires me to write alot more...
Old 2006-08-05, 22:45   Link #146
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Destiny was perfectly fine in it's construction, but for something made for Shinn, it sure as hell isn't made to fit Shinn's battle techniques and personality.

The beam sword/boomerang hybrids are a weak system as Shinn's method of utilizing the beam boomerang is extremely simplistic and compared to his Special Attack in G.o.C.E, where he uses every weapon with tactical based aggresiveness from the boomerangs as a distraction and the ASS and the Fingaa as the final attack, it shows a high level of tactical resolute and agressiveness. But Shinn is too simple.

Shinn's personal favouritism of ASS is also one weakness. ASS is ASS for a purpose, and while the extra length and weight may add more force behind each hook, it leaves gaps for weakness and Shinn's love for long range jolt strikes allow highly skilled pilots to either evade beforehand or calculate a counter-attack. And regardless of speed, if Shinn attacks straight, the all-seeing eye of SEED can react to it.

S.Freedom - DRAGOONs - Combinable beam rifle + Destiny WoL + ASS seems so much more suited for Shinn. Ranged weapons suited for close combat and quick draw beam sabers.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 22:52   Link #147
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Shinn used the beam boomerangs as a beam saber at least once in Destiny. It's just that he preferred the ASS over it.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 22:54   Link #148
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Shinn's personal favouritism of ASS is also one weakness. ASS is ASS for a purpose, and while the extra length and weight may add more force behind each hook, it leaves gaps for weakness and Shinn's love for long range jolt strikes allow highly skilled pilots to either evade beforehand or calculate a counter-attack. And regardless of speed, if Shinn attacks straight, the all-seeing eye of SEED can react to it.
I tend to agree with all of that, but there are only 2 skilled pilots in the universe capable of stopping ASS xD, for everyone else it was the Grim Reaper whistling opera in your EAR...I hate the fact Shinn only had 3 stock-footage moves which pretty much soured the ASS image, but practically speaking ASS is a beast of a weapon on a speed demon such as DESTINY...After it gets destroyed though, that's when you break out a beam saber in each hand and start going Yoda...Imagine DESTINY at top combat speed twirling and $hit with a saber in each hand going in and out of WOL at an unpredictable pace using after-images to boot...that was my dream for DESTINY that was never achieved ...
Old 2006-08-05, 23:01   Link #149
vblaze101

Quote:
I tend to agree with all of that, but there are only 2 skilled pilots in the universe capable of stopping ASS xD, for everyone else it was the Grim Reaper whistling opera in your EAR...I hate the fact Shinn only had 3 stock-footage moves which pretty much soured the ASS image, but practically speaking ASS is a beast of a weapon on a speed demon such as DESTINY...After it gets destroyed though, that's when you break out a beam saber in each hand and start going Yoda...Imagine DESTINY at top combat speed twirling and $hit with a saber in each hand going in and out of WOL at an unpredictable pace using after-images to boot...that was my dream for DESTINY that was never achieved ...
[shed's a tear and claps] Dog, you truly have vision.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 23:02   Link #150
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Shinn's gundam got nerfed(however yall say it ). The strike Freedom and IJ had no problem keeping up with it. and with the stock footage like you said only gave Shinn like 3 or 4 moves. But they give freedom all the cool stuff. It pisses me off.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 01:58   Link #151
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Quote:
Yoda may have done that acrobatic shit, but it didn't do enough to stop the Count or the Emperor in both fights. They both have one saber each, btw.
Shinn has either two, or one big ASS.

Yoda would be annoying if he had two sabers doing that acrobatic shit, but what if Count or Emp had beam shields and leg blades, fortis cannons on their shoulders that can fire anytime, etc. as well? Yoda couldn't even get close to Dooku or Palpatine despite his speed - yes he was annoying, but still, the fight was not won or lost.

At the end of the day, even with Destiny's full potential harnessed, ∞ Justice still would have won.
Old 2006-08-06, 05:11   Link #152
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Skyfall, it's customary to adress all the points someone else types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
um...ok, please explain how Destiny is better than IJ in melee
That segment also contained a claim that IJ was superior to Destiny in ranged combat, which isn't true unless it's equipped with a METEOR pack. As for melee, it's not half as large a gap as you make it out to be. The single advantage it has are the leg blades, as the rest of them aren't readily accessable.

Quote:
Yes, melee is a lot more effective for taking out skilled pilots, however SF atually has enaugh ranged firepower to be a threat. I think we dont need to debate that SF is infinitely better at spamming stuff. Its not guaranteed to work, but with SF ranged abilities it is worth a shot, this is not the case for Destiny.
But you just said that DRAGOONs weren't a threat either, that no ranged weaponry was.

A beam rifle is as effective as ever, as long as it hits, which is not an impossible task. Since it was shown on screen how Shinn made Athrun back off and go on the defensive during a barrage of beam rifle fire Athrun obviously has more respect for the weapon than you do.

Quote:
And as we have seen - thats all thats needed to scrap Destiny
Please note that Shinn actually kicked at IJ's legs, otherwise they wouldn't have reached Destiny. They're excellent weapons, no doubt, but that was a silly sequence. It wasn't them who scrapped Destiny, it was Shinn's stupidity at that time. That was also the only time he used it in close combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
At the end of the day, even with Destiny's full potential harnessed, ∞ Justice still would have won.
I disagree, which you may have noticed. You only need to utilize it correctly. It's a far closer match than you give it credit for.

Quote:
But they give freedom all the cool stuff. It pisses me off.
Plenty of Destiny's moves were reused from Strike and Impulse, and almost all of SF's repertoire were reused Freedom moves.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 05:18   Link #153
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
.Imagine DESTINY at top combat speed twirling and $hit with a saber in each hand
he can't do that. to be able to do all those acrobatic moves (like S-freedom/Freedom) the mobile suit needs the HIMAT wings (+ a OS to control it) and thrusters all over the MS . Destiny doesn't have the HIMAT system, because it doesn't have HIMAT wings to begin with...Destiny wings only has some thrusters It also makes those after-images. but those are not HIMAT wigs.

btw, Strike Freedom is supported to have a improved HIMAT mode, but I saw no deferens.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 05:36   Link #154
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid
he can't do that. to be able to do all those acrobatic moves (like S-freedom/Freedom) the mobile suit needs the HIMAT wings (+ a OS to control it) and thrusters all over the MS . Destiny doesn't have the HIMAT system, because it doesn't have HIMAT wings to begin with...Destiny wings only has some thrusters It also makes those after-images. but those are not HIMAT wigs.
Yes, Destiny's wings aren't capable of acting in the HiMAT role as there's not enough of an airflow over them. Destiny does however have enough vernier thrusters to twirl around, and it has the wings. Destiny's top speed has been shown in episode 42, with the wings activated. Kira couldn't keep up.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 09:00   Link #155
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vblaze
shed's a tear and claps] Dog, you truly have vision.
Hey when I first laid eyes on DESTINY and saw some of it's basic moves, I thought it would naturally progress to that type of fighting...It's suited for that type of speed driven eye-candy...

I also thought it would serve as a challenge like in this pic...

Spoiler for Wake-up!! Your dreaming!!:
Old 2006-08-06, 14:40   Link #156
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Replace beaten up SF with nice and shiny IJ there and that pic is correct

Destiny truly does have good speed, it could possibly use it to good advantage. It would still go down in the end, but it could have done something better. But Shinn thought that blindly charging towards the best melee suit there is, piloted by a better pilot than him, trying to hit it with palm cannons would work better

Shinn got totaly nerfed to boomerang throwing and RAWR CHOP CHOP after he downed Freedom. Fukuda must have thought that Shinn must be punished for taking down teh lame god of GSD aka Kira
Old 2006-08-07, 04:03   Link #157
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

That pic still might indicate that SF is still about to win Destiny.
Destiny appears to only have the palm cannon going for it, while SF still has a beam saber and probably the chest cannon still there.
Old 2006-08-07, 04:30   Link #158
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Well kira is gonna win no matter what. But that pic has Shinn getting beat the right way. The Destiny got beat the wrong way. And us fans got robbed.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 07:18   Link #159
jonli
JONLIの憂'

But it seems like the Destiny Special Edition is gona have Destiny beaten the right way with IJ.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote