AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 14:53   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Character Discussion - Kallen

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kallen related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Code Geass fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 16:45   Link #2
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Few questions raised about Kallen from the first episode of R2.

1) Isn't she half Birtannian? Does that no longer count for anything? I highly doubt they found out she was part of the black knights or her punishment would be a lot worse.

2) Now she knows that Loluch is zero, and he was simply using him for his own gain, why is she still supporting him? Did she fall in love? is she willing to be used in order to win, knowing without him they have no chance? Has she told anyone else?

It'll be interesting to see how they develop her, and where her loyalties lie after the events of ep 26 of R1
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 16:50   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

For #2 she might like him (and I'm sure she will end up liking him sooner than later) but she must have realized during that one year gap that she and the Black Knights were nothing without Lelouch/Zero. Also it would've been a massive shock at the time but after one year she can reflect upon it and realize it doesn't matter if he is a Britannian.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 16:55   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
1. yes she is a half Britannian, her father was a wealthy bussiness man even..
but her status is meaningless, she had to keep upt hat she was a full blooded Britannian to recieve the threatment in society, im nto sure what had happened to her father.. whether or not he was just never there or if her mother divorced from him...
if she was a halfblood her fate would be the same otherwise it wouldnt be needed to keep that a secret and otherwise she would be threated even worse ebcause she would be a traitor to the Britannian Empire
wheter or not she was truely caught remains unknown, because she was working undercover int he Babel Tower to secure Lelouch

i guess she sticks with him because she knows that he is their only hope, Zero had shown her and others that it is do able and they only managed it with his help..
now with Zero gone things would remain this way and she wants change even now..
i guess she got over her shock that Zero is Lelouch and realised that it makes no difference, she accepted the truth that it was him that they needed and that no one else can finish the job.. however i think her heart was shattered when she found out that Lelouch was Zero because it was Zero she felt for and not Lelouch..
as for telling.. there are some who know but it doesnt have to be Kallen to have told people that, i am certain she wouldve kept her mouth shut
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 17:29   Link #5
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Karen was born into the Stadtfeld family a wealthy and quite known family from what Rivalz said. I think her father managed to hide her "Eleven" descent.
There isn't much information about her we've never seen her father.
Karen admires and respects Zero for his deeds making the impossible possible
and also Zero did allow her to back out of the order if she wanted to when she was confused about her actions bringing the death of Shirley's father I think she appreciated his gentleness when he offered her an exit door
As for her feelings it's quite hard to know if she sees Lelouch in a romantic light
she did make a promise with her mother though to change the world so she might accept Lelouch's "manipulation"

Last edited by zgmf-x19a; 2008-04-09 at 18:22.
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 17:36   Link #6
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Few questions raised about Kallen from the first episode of R2.

1) Isn't she half Birtannian? Does that no longer count for anything? I highly doubt they found out she was part of the black knights or her punishment would be a lot worse.

2) Now she knows that Loluch is zero, and he was simply using him for his own gain, why is she still supporting him? Did she fall in love? is she willing to be used in order to win, knowing without him they have no chance? Has she told anyone else?

It'll be interesting to see how they develop her, and where her loyalties lie after the events of ep 26 of R1
1) As you may have noticed by Diethard's wanted poster, even being a full blooded Britannian (whatever that means >_>) doesn't mean anything if you're a rebel.

2) No he wasn't using her for his own gain, that was just a lie to make Kallen blame everything that had happened on him and not put any responsibility on herself. (Lelouch does the exact same thing with Shirley in 14 and Euphie in 8)

But of course once she thinks about it (and a year is plenty of time to think ), she'll realize that Lelouch was fighting for the exact same reasons as she was, against the exact same enemy, and putting himself in as much danger if not more than he ever put anyone else in the Order in.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 18:38   Link #7
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I won't be doing a write up of Kallen or Suzaku's character until after Sunday's episode airs. As both have more than likely had great changes in their character over the season break in regard to those around them specifically Lelouch though others as well, while Lelouch and C.C. are still well...Lelouch and C.C.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:00   Link #8
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I won't be doing a write up of Kallen or Suzaku's character until after Sunday's episode airs. As both have more than likely had great changes in their character over the season break in regard to those around them specifically Lelouch though others as well, while Lelouch and C.C. are still well...Lelouch and C.C.
Well, I'd say Kallen's still Kallen, just not a hopeless fangirl like she was for most of the second fourth of the show. >_> Just look at her from episodes 1 to 13, or any of the times she's hanging around school past there, (21's probably a good example, minus the Zero worship. ) That should probably cover it.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:04   Link #9
scifijimmy

I need to see more of this season to judge why Karen and the other Black Knights still trust Lelouch.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:16   Link #10
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The reason is quite simple: You don't choose your savior. He is all they have and they sure as hell aren't going to leave him be when he got results.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:19   Link #11
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
its love. love conquers ALL!

:3
Old 2008-04-09, 19:20   Link #12
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

Haha. You and me hope.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:24   Link #13
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

Oh, please. I doubt that has anything to do with why she is fighting with him again. Something like that would come later.

And with a show like this, love does not conquer all.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-09, 19:47   Link #14
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
As you may have noticed by Diethard's wanted poster, even being a full blooded Britannian (whatever that means >_>) doesn't mean anything if you're a rebel.
True, but i doubt she was caught. If she was, they did a sloppy job of securing her as she still had the keys to the Guren Nishiki between her breast.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:49   Link #15
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

She was away from the battle and Suzaku was busy with Lelouch. Who was going to detain her?

Old 2008-04-09, 19:50   Link #16
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Obviously they trust each other. I can already see a later episode where they talk privately about issues and Zero clarifies some stuff with her. She seems to have gotten over the fact that Zero is Lelouch and still supports him. She liked him before knowing his identity and could possibly like him more knowing that he's a classmate and such. I really don't see how Karen could hate lelouch other than the fact that he is of royal decent. Other than that, Lelouch did nothing to her life but help her in her goals.
Old 2008-04-09, 19:53   Link #17
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wouldn't go that far. She didn't trust him anymore by the end of 25 and Lelouch only trusted her as a comrade in battle. And Kallen didn't really like Lelouch all that much when they were at school though since she seems to understand his views than I guess things could change.

Old 2008-04-09, 19:53   Link #18
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Obviously they trust each other. I can already see a later episode where they talk privately about issues and Zero clarifies some stuff with her. She seems to have gotten over the fact that Zero is Lelouch and still supports him. She liked him before knowing his identity and could possibly like him more knowing that he's a classmate and such. I really don't see how Karen could hate lelouch other than the fact that he is of royal decent. Other than that, Lelouch did nothing to her life but help her in her goals.
Well... let's just hope she never finds out about the boat incident
Old 2008-04-09, 19:54   Link #19
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That was already brought up by Diethard. I doubt she'd care about something like that at this point. The Euphemia massacre seems like a lot more of an issue.

Old 2008-04-09, 19:57   Link #20
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
That was already brought up by Diethard. I doubt she'd care about something like that at this point. The Euphemia massacre seems like a lot more of an issue.
Yeah I was going to bring them both up, but the massacre was accidental whereas blowing up the ships was on purpose.