AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 00:54   Link #201
ChronoReverse

Madara's other eye also closed after he used Izanagi so even he hasn't quite perfected it yet. Probably why he still wants the 10 tails and rinnegan.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 01:16   Link #202
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
which presumably Madara has attained.
He doesn't have the yin/yang part of the eye yet. That's where Naruto is going to come in.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 01:24   Link #203
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Well, Madara placed a genjutsu on her, which he claims will kill her when it's all over, which puts Konan in induced seizure mode while Madara casually strolls along the yellow brick road for the Magic Eyes of God, also giving ample time for a friendly to come along to snap Konan out of the genjutsu...Or even put her out of her misery, if I can be ever so cynical...
Not sure if he meant specifically the genjutsu would kill her, or that he'd put her under a genjustu to make her reveal the location, then kill her. But I agree the former option seems more like Kishi's style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
I think I remember Madara saying "Even if I give Sasuke Gedo Maso" or something like that. I don't think Madara wants to use them himself, otherwise he wouldn't have given it to Nagato in the first place. He's obviously after something much more than a pair of powerful eyes. I would just like to know what happened to him after fighting Hashirama; obviously something went horribly wrong.
I remember the part involving Sasuke and Gedo Mazo too. Just that I can't really imagine Sasuke getting Rinnegan since he just received EMS. Also, he has no Senju powers, so he wouldn't make a suitable Rikudou Sennin right? Eh, we'll have to wait and see on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Madara's other eye also closed after he used Izanagi so even he hasn't quite perfected it yet. Probably why he still wants the 10 tails and rinnegan.
Which makes you wonder how, exactly, is his version different from Danzou's...

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 01:37   Link #204
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Konan's 600 billion explosive tags.
Or she could use the Akatsuki fund with all the money Kakuzu gathered and used it to buy most of it from various weapons dealers. It doesn't strike me as the most expensive item as it's seen in almost any basic ninja's inventory.

Remember Shikamaru vs Hidan? He had a fair bit of those in just one belt pouch.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 01:50   Link #205
Kowai

so lame that naruto is a decendent of the rikkudo sage...i liked how it used to be an orphan boy wanting to be hokage.
yeah being the son of the 4th hokage was cool, but inter-twining sasuke and naruto's stories seems like it is just rushing the story.
IDK maybe people see it differently but no matter this chapter was f'n awesome
Old 2010-09-17, 03:21   Link #206
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's not really a rush, the hints have been coming up for a long time now, although it IS kinda unfitting for a serious story like Naruto to end up being a family feud, because it had started out as Naruto against the world, which was much better in comparison.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 04:24   Link #207
lucasd

People like exagerate numbers, for example thousand years of pain.

10 minutes is a 600 seconds, so even if she detonated 1000 per second she would need
about 600 thousand, and we should just assume that number...
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 04:29   Link #208
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just assumed it was one billion per second...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 05:56   Link #209
janipani

Konan was awesome. With that technic she could have beaten Naruto or Sasuke quite easily.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 06:09   Link #210
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

As soon as I was enjoying this manga again... Kishimoto goes off and screws it right up.

It's neither logical or even plausible the stuff he is making up.. so much retcon is happening it's not funny or remotely interesting. Everytime Uchiha-this Uchiha-that leet hax..

Very annoying.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 07:46   Link #211
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Well the uchihas seem to be the one moving Naruto Shippuden forward
Old 2010-09-17, 08:15   Link #212
Midnight Commander

Quote:
No, Izanagi worked with the regular Sharingan, it just worked badly. Madara specifically said, during the Danzou v. Sasuke battle, that Danzou (or Orochimaru) learned to use the Senjuu physical energy in order to prolong the use of Izanagi. But this was an incomplete version of the technique, so even prolonging the effects still resulted in a ruined eye. It is only a perfect combination of Senjuu and Uchiha that can result in a perfect Izanagi...which presumably Madara has attained.
But wasn't his eye was ruined after using it to survive the bombs? When his eye was closing there was some kind of sound effect sfx or whatever you call it there, so it looked emphasized(and it remains closed thereafter I think). He is obviously impaired somehow, I really doubt he has attained the full combination. What confuses me is that he referenced Danzou when referring to the people who boasted an "incomplete version" yet his eye was ruined after using the technique just as Danzou's did...
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 10:13   Link #213
james0246

^That is why I qualified the statement by saying "presumably" . I already knew that the same sfx was used for Madara's eye closing as was used for Danzou's eye closing, but by Madara's words, he conveys a different experience with his Izanagi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 10:35   Link #214
Midnight Commander

Quote:
^That is why I qualified the statement by saying "presumably" . I already knew that the same sfx was used for Madara's eye closing as was used for Danzou's eye closing, but by Madara's words, he conveys a different experience with his Izanagi.
I wasn't trying to get into a "you're wrong, I'm right" debate, I was confused about the whole thing and was trying to figure it out. I don't know what the symbols in the sfx mean, and wasn't 100% sure what was going on; hence the question mark.

My whole thing is, I'm wondering why Madara is calling Danzou's incomplete when he seemingly didn't create anything using the true Izanagi, and he suffered the same consequence Danzou did. Then, he's saying he has both senji and Uchiha powers, yet he stilll needs to "complete" himself and Itachi called him a shadow of his former self.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 10:41   Link #215
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Maybe it has to do with the duration or something? This is getting pretty complicated...
Old 2010-09-17, 10:41   Link #216
KidSoap

hey guys this is a random question but does everyone in the naruto universe including civilians old people and that lady itachi casted on a genjutsu on have chakra? or are some people born with chakra and some are not.?
KidSoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 10:43   Link #217
Neji112

Possibly the completeness of Izanagi might have something to do with the ability for what's created to exist independent of the Jutsu after Izanagi has ended. Like the ability to create life ala the Tailed Beasts.

Of course with Izanagi, without some sort of rational limit introduced, you could just imagine you have a pair of Rinnegan and then you'd be set. I'm sure a more in-depth explanation will be forth coming setting limits to even a complete Izanagi(whatever that truly means).

I'm pleased with this Chapter, because it truly sets Madara apart as the evil villian to be feared. I can get over the 600 billion exploding tags that probably would level an entire country if they all went off because it was so beautifully visually presented.

On the other hand what I fear is that it's also setting up either Naruto or Sasuke to receive power-ups of that surpasses the god-mode ones they already have in order to battle Madara.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 11:11   Link #218
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
I wasn't trying to get into a "you're wrong, I'm right" debate, I was confused about the whole thing and was trying to figure it out. I don't know what the symbols in the sfx mean, and wasn't 100% sure what was going on; hence the question mark.

My whole thing is, I'm wondering why Madara is calling Danzou's incomplete when he seemingly didn't create anything using the true Izanagi, and he suffered the same consequence Danzou did. Then, he's saying he has both senji and Uchiha powers, yet he stilll needs to "complete" himself and Itachi called him a shadow of his former self.
And I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was accusing you of anything . I was only emphasizing the fact that since we have the same amount of info, all we have to go by is Madara's words. He directly implied his Izanagi was better, so that is what we have to go on. Outside of that, I, obviously, have no more info on the matter than you do (though it is possible that I am placing more credence on Madara’s words than you are).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji112 View Post
I'm pleased with this Chapter, because it truly sets Madara apart as the evil villian to be feared. I can get over the 600 billion exploding tags that probably would level an entire country if they all went off because it was so beautifully visually presented.
Agreed. For quite awhile I pulled for Pain to be the ultimate villain of the series, and with his destruction, we were left with a less than sound Sasuke and the annoyingly mysterious Madara (who really wasn't much of a villain at all). Thankfully, this chapter fully redeemed Madara, and even managed to redeem Konan as well .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 12:53   Link #219
secretzfan
*Fansubber

[QUOTE=james0246

Agreed. For quite awhile I pulled for Pain to be the ultimate villain of the series, and with his destruction, we were left with a less than sound Sasuke and the annoyingly mysterious Madara (who really wasn't much of a villain at all). Thankfully, this chapter fully redeemed Madara, and even managed to redeem Konan as well .[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know about Konan, but it did do it for Madara
Old 2010-09-17, 13:30   Link #220
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
less than sound Sasuke
This alone makes him a villain in his own right, if his heel-head turn wasn't expected at 99.9% maybe he'd even be final boss material.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion