AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 12:21   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
There wasn´t an exact time skip there...For all we know this could have happened 50 years ago since teresa died. Maybe 100...We don´t really know.
I would guess more then 10 but less then 20.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:24   Link #42
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Not sure where I see the problem of time in that.

Priscilla kills Teresa = Clare is recruited by the Organization as a little girl.

Priscilla kills Ophelia's brother = Ophelia joins the Organization.

Miria rises throught the ranks = Ophelia is #4

Not much of a problem, it just has to do with Clare's age, it is not like she was put into the field as soon as they hybridized her, she had to get used to the transformation, and had to be trained, it is possible she was on active duty longer then Ophelia or Miria, but both of them are probably older then her, and Clare was not exactly overflowing with talent, so staying #47 would not be a suprise, heck, maybe she got drafted in after some time, she might not even have been in the roster until someone died.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:25   Link #43
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Just read the scanlated chapter ES 3 and I am stunned by the raw power Pricillia posesses. Based on her small nimble form I was expecting her to be the kind of awakened being which employs massive speed and agility to evade and kill her enemies.

But based from the manga it appears she has an almost limitless amount of raw yoki energy at her disposal. The way she retaliated at Isley was impressive almost half of his Abyssal level body gone in a single instant!!

Still based on what we already know of the Claymore world vast amounts of Yoki doesn't equal invincibility. There is always an equal amount of skill required and sometimes a bit of luck.. just like in a real life fight. So Clare and her friends still have a chance..(at least I hope they do..).
Old 2007-09-06, 12:30   Link #44
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Priscilla must have a weak spot. But Where?
Old 2007-09-06, 12:35   Link #45
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I am still standing behind the theory that she wont die by the end of the manga.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:36   Link #46
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Priscilla must have a weak spot. But Where?
The only weak spot I can imagine is that she isn't really aware of enemies. She is so strong that she survives crushing attacks and then lashes back in anger.. which for most standard enemies means instant defeat..

So I guess maybe if someone whom she trusted got close and has enough strenght to deal an instant killing blow there might be a chance. But who would posess such strenght/skill and be able to get close to her?

And don't say Raki.. because unless he has become a legend like Guts / Gatsu from berserk in the last 7 years I can't take this option serious..
Old 2007-09-06, 12:39   Link #47
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Even with Raki becoming Guts, I still do not see how a human would be able to generate enough force without magical aid (ala Guts' sword and, more recently, his armor) to a being like Priscilla, she is way above anything but the God's Hands in Berserk.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:41   Link #48
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I feel that priscilla might be more important than anyone else. There this tingling feeling that she isn´t the foe that the people say "Well she does eat them" So I have sentiments.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:47   Link #49
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I do have a feeling the Organization or Isley will end up being the end boss, or maybe Riful's plan has alot more behind it then we thought.

Priscilla just does not strike me as "final boss" material, despite her immense power, and Clare's personal grudge against her.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:47   Link #50
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The way how Priscilla's mentality regresses back to that of a little child would had sounded cooler had she said, "Can I eat your guts?"

She's the Gluttony among the Awakened Beings in the Claymore-verse.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:47   Link #51
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Even with Raki becoming Guts, I still do not see how a human would be able to generate enough force without magical aid (ala Guts sword and, more recently, his armor) to a being like Priscilla, she is way above anything but the God's Hands in Berserk.
Yeah I know , I only wanted to make clear that Raki in his current human form would never be able to kill Prisicillia (even if he wanted to).

However I suddenly realise that we haven't seen him for 7 years (in the manga) so who knows.. maybe he isn't human anymore...

Some speculated that he would end up as a male claymore / awakened one. Althought with such a gifted author you never know what he has in store for us.
Old 2007-09-06, 12:48   Link #52
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

She seems to have a constant urge to feed her near limitless power. But it seems she has the under control when Raki shows up, maybe she has learned self control while staying with Isley?
Old 2007-09-06, 12:54   Link #53
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamstadini View Post
I fail to see how I was humorous.
I was really tired -.-
Old 2007-09-06, 12:58   Link #54
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
She seems to have a constant urge to feed her near limitless power. But it seems she has the under control when Raki shows up, maybe she has learned self control while staying with Isley?
I fear that, is not only humans that she preys upon... I am being serious here.

Rigald got Lucky. Otherwise Priscilla might have eviscerated him to feed?

"I won´t....Eat you"

It seems that. If this line isn´t just talk and Priscilla does prey on Awakened, She isn´t just the most powerful. She´s their predator...a new species

How did they actually made Priscilla makes me wonder how much ignorant and non caring they are with consequences. It seems that their process either got currupted by an unknown source. I doubt they know what is bacteria and virus or they used a new method. And after Priscilla they realized that it was too dangerous to mass produce.
Old 2007-09-06, 13:06   Link #55
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Pricllia's horn was damaged in Isley's attack. Therefore he did aim for her head and she dodged.it.
Old 2007-09-06, 14:34   Link #56
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

poor Rigald...no wonder he went wild @ Pieta. He got a beat down from BOTH Pris AND Isley, and the only people he can defeat are Claymores.
Old 2007-09-06, 14:39   Link #57
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hmm, getting into Isley's head is harder than it would seem but a few things are easy to distinguish. Yes, he did admit defeat - If they would have continued, even with 100+ years worth of experience at his back, Isley would have lost. So he did the best thing, he submitted to the will of an extremely powerful child - a young lady with a child's mind. Nice and soothing promises will calm almost any child down if they will get what they want in the end.

By doing that, Isley placed Priscilla under his control. He's now the one who will fulfill her heart's desires and she'll stay with him and do what he says as long as its towards her ultimate goal, or so he will say. Same ploy has been used so many times throughout history with a child in power and his 'trusted' vassal, corrupt or upright, guiding them. In Isley's case, this is extremely risky and sneaky but Isley is capable of pulling it off. So in reality, Isley's story that he has the woman with power above the Abyssal Ones in his camp is very true.

As for Priscilla, when she found Raki, she had hit that town a day ago so she wouldn't have needed to eat him immediately. Since he came from the South like she did, all her thoughts, even those of feeding her massive appetite, were pushed back. I see the person she killed in the anime as being an 'emergency ration' since she was probably starving herself being around Raki. Raki is right now the one person that Priscilla will NOT eat and hell will come in the form of a demonic Awakened One with unlimited power if anyone tried to eat or harm him in any way. That and she had probably fed enough in the years before the invasion of Pieta that her appetite would have decreased from the 'ravenous' mode it was in after her Awakening.

Raki can't drive a sword through her heart but his words could have that effect. Like Black Lagoon's Rock, Raki's 'blades' can very well come through his words to Priscilla. If he rejects her, she's going to throw an extremely dangerous tantrum. Not a light tantrum either like a child in a supermarket wanting a toy - I mean one where the kid just flips out, grabbing and throwing stuff, screaming and becomes a danger to themselves and others. Isley probably doesn't realize that in having Raki there, he's endangering his entire plan to keep her in control. Once she finds out what happens to her parents and her 'memory' returns, she'll flip out - Isley knows this. He's hoping that he'd have enough 'power' to hold her until she calms down and she can start thinking like an adult Priscilla. This will probably backfire in his face because her mindset as Claymore Priscilla is the one that's being repressed. That mindset will NOT be able to comprehend and handle the knowledge that she became an Awakened being and has killed hundreds of people. Her worst enemy is her own self, in this case - a hydrogen bomb just waiting to go off once she remembers everything.

I also find it interesting that even as an Awakened, Priscilla's actions are still 'innocent'. Not morally innocent - she's slaughtering entire towns to feed her voracious appetite - but rather innocent as in the same vein of a young child who finds it interesting to impale lizards with sticks to see how long they move for. We as adults would call that sadistic curiosity and probably punish that child in some way to show that that line of thought carries much more than just simply sedating one's curiosity. Her personality is devoid of the usual man-eating, manical glee that nearly all Youma and some Awakeneds possess. I will even go so far as to suggest that it seems that she's not even aware that she's killing the people who's guts she's devouring. She has to be aware on some level but her current mindset refuses to process it. As with the child - the only way Priscilla will know that she's doing 'wrong' is if someone tells/punishes her. Problem is, who in the world can punish Priscilla?
Isley surely did not do such a thing. He encouraged her to tone it down a bit but he did not tell her to stop at all. In fact, he most likey rationalized it for her so that she could accept it easier.

Scary as this may seem but I still got some more stuff to say but I'm calling it quits. I've got a shower with my name on it.
Old 2007-09-06, 14:44   Link #58
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Pricllia's horn was damaged in Isley's attack. Therefore he did aim for her head and she dodged.it.
The attack that broke her horn was him stomping with his hoof, and he successfully pinned her to the ground with that attack. That hardly counts as dodging, but it's also hard to say how much "aiming" there even is when he's slamming a giant hoof down.
Old 2007-09-06, 14:46   Link #59
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh yes, a few more things...the potential humor in this is too much to ignore. Sorry but since I wrote out all that serious stuff, I gotta do this to feel 'balanced'.

Pris: Isley! Isley! Play with me!

Isley: Not now Priscilla, I'm working.

Pris: But I wanna play~!

Isley: Okay, how about I give Rigald to you? I'm sure he won't mind playing with you.

Rigald: ...excuse me?

Isley: Just for a few minutes okay? Just keep her busy.

Rigald: ... yes sir. But I get to lead the next hunting party.

Isley: Deal.

Rigald: *to Priscilla* What would you like to play?

Pris: *bright eyed* Claymores and Awakeneds!

Rigald: ... come again? What sort of game is that?

Pris: I'm the Claymore and you're the Awakened One! *pulls a sword out and immediately a killing aura surrounds her as she switches to her Awakened form* Prepare yourself!

Rigald: ....mommy...

Isley: ...at least she didn't ask you to play 'Horsey'...*ignoring Rigald's screams of terror*
Old 2007-09-06, 14:49   Link #60
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
ES 1 is boring because it just talks about how powerful Theresa is. ES 2 is more interesting and ES 3 is just expanding on the antagonist. So my vote ES 2 > ES 3 > ES 1.

(Runs away from gangs of Theresa fans in the forum)
Maybe. But in terms of the importance in what it reveals, ES1 > ES2 + ES3. It establishes some basis for figuring out Clare's own latent potential.

And, only Teresa haters, or one whose favorite character that is someone else is trumped by her awesomeness, wouldn't appreciate some story that shows Teresa may be stronger than abyssal class.

Quote:
I also believe the Teresa chapter was kind of boring tbh, Teresa OMFGing a AB, even one of Rigaldo's power level, is no suprise at all.
I don't think it's that easy to compare Rigald and Rosemary. Rosemary at least managed to be a number one. She may have been stronger then Rigald, both as Claymore and AB.
Closed Thread