Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 11:07   Link #221
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
They never learn

Actually she does in a way. More so because of the black and white pages. She probably won't if it was in colour. But the design for the anime is different. He is let skinny in the anime which makes her look more realistic as a child imo (her baby fat still hasn't burnt off yet ).
mmm... sexy, lol, I need to watch this now, lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:30   Link #222
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
watching his face during the fight was really kinda awkward. he looked like some odd guy who has a split personality. a bright oniichan during the day and a merciless mercenary(ooo, exaggerating) at night. plus his facial expression was creepy too.

why not pick up the manga? it has only 5 chapters(and ongoing), and it wont bite
it seemed to me like his face had no emotions at all actually,
i wouldn't call that "evil"..
also his general reactions were as if his body was numb (not flinching over a chair hitting his head and casing him to bleed, same with the knife cut)..
he also did apologize multiple times before he started to fight them..

and I'd say his arm is possessed or something along those lines (like ban's arm from get backers)
but i guess will be finding out in an ep or two..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:50   Link #223
BigGimp77

Just finished watchin episode two... Pretty good. I think this anime has some decent potential... It actually kinda reminds me of Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit. Young noble child gets put into the care of a body guard all the while learning how to live a normal life.

I'm looking forward towards episode 3.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:20   Link #224
Ashlotte
Clockwork

And the good gets better...

Very natural episode that did a great job of slowly expanding upon the characters introduced with the first episode. What sorrow said about the conversations holds true for episode 2...People talk over people and interrupt alot making for ,at least to my ears, much more natural and interesting dialog that never feels boring.

On the topic of creepy characters for some reason his one female classmate/friend/stalker(?) really wierded me out at points like when she was looking at his cellphone and I have no idea why...Something in her mannerisms or something I guess...

Ah well probably imagining things...either way the show is very much proving to be one of my favorites of this season easily.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:28   Link #225
ReddyRedWolf

I accidentally downloaded ep 2 but I still watched it.

Had no foreknowledge of this anime.

I must say I'm impressed by the art.

Also I'm amused that the little girl is named Murasaki.

If you know the epic Hikaru Genji you'll get the reference.

Hikaru Genji was a prince who would be comparable to Casanova.

His greatest love is the lady Murasaki.

One day Hikaru meets a little girl named Murasaki then he kidnaps her to be raised as the perfect wife.

Well not the wife part but Kuranai is raising Murasaki to be more socially conscious.

I'll download the first ep later. I'm hooked.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:10   Link #226
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
it seemed to me like his face had no emotions at all actually,
i wouldn't call that "evil"..
also his general reactions were as if his body was numb (not flinching over a chair hitting his head and casing him to bleed, same with the knife cut)..
he also did apologize multiple times before he started to fight them..

and I'd say his arm is possessed or something along those lines (like ban's arm from get backers)
but i guess will be finding out in an ep or two..
He didn't say it was evil?

But there is a reason why he is able to withstand with that tough body of his. The answer is quite simple but I also expect them to reveal it soon. You just have to wait until they air or better yet! try the manga...(what am I saying ).

speaking of the manga, I made a thread seen as there wasn't any.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:15   Link #227
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Episode 2

The particularly unique characters in Kure-nai really give the show substance, I'm looking forward to further development for the girls. The animation quality hasn't suffered at all, the changing scene was remarkably well animated with some great antics from Murasaki.

Also this may have been covered already, but Murasaki looks a LOT older in the illustrations for the light novel covers.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:26   Link #228
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
He didn't say it was evil?

But there is a reason why he is able to withstand with that tough body of his. The answer is quite simple but I also expect them to reveal it soon. You just have to wait until they air or better yet! try the manga...(what am I saying ).

speaking of the manga, I made a thread seen as there wasn't any.
merciless is kinda evil

you won't temp me to read the manga THAT easily XDD
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:46   Link #229
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So far, it's a decent anime, very enjoyable. I have a feeling that it will get a lot better later, or it has the opportunity to, just like True Tears. Right now this is up top at the anime I look forward to see the most every week.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 15:14   Link #230
Durante

I post here just once in a blue moon, but I have to say that so far, this is easily my favourite new series of the april batch. Mostly due to Murasaki, but the other characters are great as well. And both the animation and the voice acting are surprisingly good.
Durante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 16:17   Link #231
wormspeaker

I love Aoi Yuuki's voice acting. It's incredibly cute. (When she spotted the cat was priceless.)

This struck me as funny, Google translates Aoi Yuuki as " Easy wooden nickel."

That is all.
wormspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:36   Link #232
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
on a side note, i got plenty o' negative reps for mentioning kokoro(from ai baby) in the past few pages. oh, well..
No worries, I got my share as well.

Some people just abuse the system instead of taking it to open debate (or heck, PM reproach), oh well. Cowards. *Prepared for more neg reps on his way*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
Really? I thought it was something really simple in the manga...but now that I see the anime I have a completely different idea of his capabilities.
Spoiler for manga spoiler(?), covered for safety anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Is it just me or does the girl from those manga covers kinda look like Shana?
She totally does. I really like how the anime has a different style for her though, much more realistic...like a real kid, rather than a bratty loli. The bathing scene would probably be a lot more uncomfortable if it's Shana sitting there screaming.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:57   Link #233
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

I don't think it's wise to assume that the anime will follow the manga to the letter. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if some major differences started to crop up soon. After all, the manga and anime are both adaptations of the original source material -- the light novel series.

Personally I found the manga to be very different in tone. It was much more focused on day-to-day activities. Protecting Murasaki was not the primary plot point, she just happened to be along for the ride. Furthermore, the manga Murasaki struck me as being almost cliched, nowhere near the level of depth she has shown so far in the anime.

I'm hoping the anime will stay focused on plot rather than hewing too closely to the path laid out by the manga.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 18:58   Link #234
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post

you won't temp me to read the manga THAT easily XDD

... The girls in the manga look cuter
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 00:52   Link #235
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow1770 View Post
After all, the manga and anime are both adaptations of the original source material -- the light novel series.
The stories in the manga are original stories- they were written by the mangaka (which is also the illustrator for the novel).

AFAIK the novels only contain long arcs. They are not side stories like the manga.

Spoiler for manga's timeframe:

As for the arm...
Spoiler for minor hints:

Spoiler for personal thoughts on Kurenai (the character) based on the novels:

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2008-04-14 at 01:02. Reason: Gave the post a few thoughts
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 02:58   Link #236
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

OP and ED visualization sucks, but overall great n exciting series.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 03:03   Link #237
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

First part of episode 1 made my head spin.. I didn't know what was happening.. at all. But it's starting to look like a great show. Definitely continue watching it.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 07:57   Link #238
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 2

Not much happen this time around, more character development than anything else. But we did get to see the nasty side of Kurenai when he beat the living hell out of those thugs. I do love his interactions with Murasaki they are really moving in the brother sister direction although she thinks of him as a servant. I expect some things to revealed quite soon about why he is the way he is and why the guy seems to be juggernaut. I was a little worried when he said that Murasaki might not like him if she knew the real him but she so cleverly said she different faces too the whole scene was just too cute just like the thank you scene. I see these 2 getting very attached to each other, which makes me nervous about future events.
Old 2008-04-14, 08:11   Link #239
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
The stories in the manga are original stories- they were written by the mangaka (which is also the illustrator for the novel).

AFAIK the novels only contain long arcs. They are not side stories like the manga.

Spoiler for manga's timeframe:

As for the arm...
Spoiler for minor hints:

Spoiler for personal thoughts on Kurenai (the character) based on the novels:
although the stalker arc was kind of shown in the earlier part of the novels so he(the mangaka) practically used the first events of the novels as the starting plot of the manga although he delved more deeply in the stalker arc (but it only lasted for 1 chapter, chapter 1 that is )

dude how far have you read the novels? so far i have read volume 1 and i'm waiting for book 2 and 3 to be shipped as of the moment.
Spoiler for slight light novel reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I was a little worried when he said that Murasaki might not like him if she knew the real him but she so cleverly said she had different faces too. the whole scene was just too cute, just like the thank you scene. I see these 2 getting very attached to each other, which makes me nervous about future events.
the scene where shinkurou gave murasaki two bonkers to the head was quite mature too. In other animes i know when that kind of event happens, the clincher moment happens to be a glorified slap (with matching shining background ZzZzZz). This time the head spank was so normal it was beautifully portrayed(get it?) showing how murasaki can adapt to situations while maintining her original attitude. ah, watching potential masterpieces in the makings like these gives me goosebumps.

Last edited by Supah Em; 2008-04-14 at 11:56.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 09:13   Link #240
ReddyRedWolf

Reading the manga it's interesting that there are two sets of rivalry for Kurenai.

One teens and the other lolis.

Murasaki looking at Kurenai more than just a servant but a fiance.

Yunno is scary at this and lol at Ginko daedpan saying Kurenai is a lolicon.

Anyway I'm downloading the first ep now.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen