AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-08, 03:32   Link #121
Prestige

I think that when Jinbei reaches sea he could probly summon some kind of friendly seaking to carry crew to Marineford

This could be nice way to convince some less spirited prisoners to join the cause.

''Come with us and help us on our assault, or stay on here at Impel Down without no means of escape''

I think its even logical for Jimbei to have control or contacts with various sea kings in Grand Line, Arlong even had Moo-moo in his control and I believe that its one of Jinbeis powers to control seakings.

He could call giant turtle,or whale for convienent transport, I mean who needs ship when you can ride with style?
Old 2009-06-08, 03:42   Link #122
james0246

^I'm pretty sure that Mohmoo was controlled via force and coercion, not due to any real desire to help Arlong.

But, that doesn't mean that Jinbei couldn't jump into the sea and beat up a few Sea Kings and force them to carry travelers to Marineford.
Old 2009-06-08, 04:10   Link #123
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

may be it is not by force or beat the sea king.. I recal caime can speak and order(ask) a group of sea fish to show a direction... it would be possible for jinbei+haki to control or order the sea king to follow his desire...
Old 2009-06-08, 04:18   Link #124
james0246

^But Camie is a Mermaid, which is a distinctly different species from Fishpeople. So, it is hard to say if a Fishperson has the same types of powers that a Merperson has (I am honestly unsure of what the full difference, if any, there is between the two species).
Old 2009-06-08, 06:58   Link #125
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I read this chapter a bit late, but oh well...first thing I noticed, when Magellan said "venom road" I couldn't help but think of air gear and for a second I thought he was on venom skates o_0
I can't say I didn't expect the jailer's side winning now, the good guys have had it their way for the few past chapters so it's time to turn the tides. ID has begun to tire me though, I can't wait to see the light of day and the vast ocean once again~
Old 2009-06-08, 07:06   Link #126
Hiking_Bear

I don't think it's in the style of OP for Ivankov, Inazuma, and the rest of the okama crew to die by Magellan's venom. Somehow, they will be saved. I'm thinking that either Iva injected all of them with anti-venom hormones before they made their prison break or else Kuma will visit Impel Down and paw-paw the poison away from every person's body. Another possibility is that the poison wasn't as deadly a dose as the poison used on Luffy.
Old 2009-06-08, 08:39   Link #127
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Revolutionaries are never easy to kill...it's generally hard to kill in OP, it's part of what makes the characters' worth rise.
Old 2009-06-08, 08:45   Link #128
syler321

how many here things kuma is one of the cooler charcters in one piece?
every episode he is in is so cool,and his and zoro conversation,u see kuma likes zoro and wants to see him do his thing in the grad line...

and i also tought about it,kuma seems to know everybody secrets and he is also very powerfull,im sure if he wants he can come to ID and just teleport maggelan away from luffy or something like that...
Old 2009-06-08, 12:25   Link #129
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

One thing I get from this eposide was that Revolution army might not be so "legendary" strong.They invaded some island from Marines a while ago and that clearly made me believe that Revolution army was a sleeping giant that can easily crush marines.But now seeing their top ranked commander and his right-handed man defeated such easily by a World Goverment figure, pretty much balanced my power level theories once again
Old 2009-06-08, 14:45   Link #130
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
One thing I get from this eposide was that Revolution army might not be so "legendary" strong.They invaded some island from Marines a while ago and that clearly made me believe that Revolution army was a sleeping giant that can easily crush marines.But now seeing their top ranked commander and his right-handed man defeated such easily by a World Goverment figure, pretty much balanced my power level theories once again

yes you are right about the power levels,i mean if iva is second in command to dragon and he lost to magellan pretty fast and so does iva number 2 then that means they are not at the level of a schibukai or an admiral.

im wondering if dragon is as strong as ppl think he is,or if he meets an admiral there diffrences will be big like the magellan vs iva duel...

dont forget BB took out the vice warden in a one kick,that shows the levels i guess of a shibukai but then again we didnt saw what happend between BB and magellan....
Old 2009-06-08, 15:15   Link #131
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I am confused, where was it stated that Ivankov was the number 2 man or even a top ranking officer in Dragon's army? I remember that he was a commander in the army (a commander is not that high of a rank), and a personal friend of Dragon, and I also recall that Bon Clay said that when Ivankov was arrested none of the Okama knew why, indicating that not many people knew he was a revolutionary. But, I do not remember where it was stated that Ivankov was an indispensible part of Dragon’s army, so if you, or other, could please clarify the matter, I would be greatly appreciated.

Added to all of this, Ivankov was arrested awhile ago (and exact date is not given, but various clues hint to the arrest being at least several years if not longer, maybe even when Dragon started the revolution), so Ivankov is not necessarily a reflection of Dragon's current army.
Old 2009-06-08, 15:21   Link #132
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I don't think it's in the style of OP for Ivankov, Inazuma, and the rest of the okama crew to die by Magellan's venom. Somehow, they will be saved. I'm thinking that either Iva injected all of them with anti-venom hormones before they made their prison break or else Kuma will visit Impel Down and paw-paw the poison away from every person's body. Another possibility is that the poison wasn't as deadly a dose as the poison used on Luffy.
Most likely the cross-dressers are KO'd and will be saved like you suggested....No one can/is gonna die in One Piece [Pell has proven that].

Those cross-dressers were weak.
Old 2009-06-08, 15:28   Link #133
james0246

^Ivankov did say that the majority of them would fall before even reaching the exit, so they, more or less, lived up to the expectations the author bestowed upon them.
Old 2009-06-08, 15:43   Link #134
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Yeah that's right.^^
Old 2009-06-08, 15:50   Link #135
Captain Roronoa Zoro

with the powers dragon has who needs an army lol he seems invinceable....
Old 2009-06-08, 16:01   Link #136
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
with the powers dragon has who needs an army lol he seems invinceable....
dont you think you exaggerate just a bit?
dragon controls the weather,thats a cool power but saying he seems like no one can defeat him is a bit exaggerated,dont you think?

theres so many strong charcters that we didnt even saw there powers,im pretty sure theres lots of charcters who can beat dragon...
Old 2009-06-08, 16:09   Link #137
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
dragon controls the weather,thats a cool power
We don't know for sure if Dragon controls the weather. That is nothing more than speculation from the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
theres so many strong charcters that we didnt even saw there powers,im pretty sure theres lots of charcters who can beat dragon...
Whitebeard? Yes, he can beat him. Other characters? There's probably not that many that can stand up to him. Based on the current information, I'm inclined to believe that Dragon is in the top-tier of the One Piece Universe.
Old 2009-06-08, 16:22   Link #138
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
We don't know for sure if Dragon controls the weather. That is nothing more than speculation from the fans.

Whitebeard? Yes, he can beat him. Other characters? There's probably not that many that can stand up to him. Based on the current information, I'm inclined to believe that Dragon is in the top-tier of the One Piece Universe.

well from what i remember he used lightning to free luffy in Loguetown,and before he used the lightning there was a change of the wind,probably hes doing but then again oda never specific showed that thats his power you can only think that it is from the way he apperd.

and yes sure whitebeard can stand againts him but what about mihawk,shanks,kaidou?
im sure all of those can give him a fair match,and just wondering what is the information about dragon that you think that he is the top tier in one piece?
i know he have the highest bounty and the goverment really wants to catch him but then again you dont see them really try,oda never showed sengoku talks about dragon to much also...
Old 2009-06-08, 16:54   Link #139
james0246

^The lightning and the storm could have simply been feak occurances, especially considering that Dragon didn't even know that Luffy was in Logue Town. Currently, we have no idea what Dragon's powers are or could be.
Old 2009-06-08, 17:02   Link #140
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@Syler321 - These are the reasons why Dragon is sure to be in the top-tier of the One Piece Universe:

Common sense and shonen logic dictate that Dragon is going to be extremely powerful.

- He is the father of protagonist Monkey D. Luffy
- He is the leader of the revolutionaries, who are in direct contention with the World Government
- He has a D. in his name, so you know that he is going to be damn strong (there hasn't been an exception so far)
- He is the most wanted man in the world

All of these things automatically put him in the top tier. This cannot be disputed. He may not be as powerful as Whitebeard, but will definitely be in the top tier of strength.