AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 00:48   Link #4301
Insane
Banned

Probably most of us here feel disappointed by anime adaptation because we have read the source material, so it's just common reaction (just like when i feel disappointed with Harry Potter movie after reading its novel counterpart).
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 00:49   Link #4302
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

The LN is definitely good, I just didn't watch because I saw Athena alive, and the first thought that came into my mind was *Ok, now they are just adding ppl to harem, and this won't end pretty* I might/probably be wrong, but that stopped me from watching it =(
Old 2012-10-03, 00:55   Link #4303
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
The LN is definitely good, I just didn't watch because I saw Athena alive, and the first thought that came into my mind was *Ok, now they are just adding ppl to harem, and this won't end pretty* I might/probably be wrong, but that stopped me from watching it =(
Probably i should suggest you to take a look at Campione anime thread. I am 100% sure that you'll see a bunch of blasphemes and harsh critiques from people there (including me).
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:21   Link #4304
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
I was going to watch the anime, but then I saw the anime completely strayed off path (Athena alive wut)
Eh. AFAIK, she was alive in V5...

To be honest, I would say that th anime is te anime and the LN is the LN. Personally, I don't mind how much they modify if it's a success. If it is not, then it means it was screwed. Also judge the anime and the LN separately. If you have to go to the LN because gourmand understand something in the anime, there is a problem no matter how the series might be great.

Personally, I followed the Campione anime like a movie of a manga series or something. It can definiively be better with better visual quality and more dedication.
Old 2012-10-03, 02:32   Link #4305
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Eh. AFAIK, she was alive in V5...

To be honest, I would say that th anime is te anime and the LN is the LN. Personally, I don't mind how much they modify if it's a success. If it is not, then it means it was screwed. Also judge the anime and the LN separately. If you have to go to the LN because gourmand understand something in the anime, there is a problem no matter how the series might be great.

Personally, I followed the Campione anime like a movie of a manga series or something. It can definiively be better with better visual quality and more dedication.
Edit - Ok got some anime facts mixed up I apologize for that ( I thought Athena stayed with Godou and them after the fight ), so then what's the difference between the anime and the novel?

Last edited by xBakaChanx; 2012-10-03 at 03:13.
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 03:20   Link #4306
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Edit - Ok got some anime facts mixed up I apologize for that ( I thought Athena stayed with Godou and them after the fight ), so then what's the difference between the anime and the novel?
Most importantly, Metis never showed up nor did Godou ever fight her. Athena was in perfect control over all three of her forms.In other words, ep 13 was non-existent in the novel. Also, Verethragna befriended Godou early in the prologue-they even played soccer together before their relationship went sour. Other than that, they cut out almost half of the Voban arc. Mariya was in the midst of an investigation in a library when Voban ambushed her.These are just some of the differences.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 03:27   Link #4307
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Most importantly, Metis never showed up nor did Godou ever fight her. Athena was in perfect control over all three of her forms.In other words, ep 13 was non-existent in the novel. Also, Verethragna befriended Godou early in the prologue-they even played soccer together before their relationship went sour. Other than that, they cut out almost half of the Voban arc. Mariya was in the midst of an investigation in a library when Voban ambushed her.These are just some of the differences.
Some....MHMmmm, so they basically went in chronological order (not in vol order) and made tons of changes....mhmhmhm seems like I won't be giving this a try anytime soon. Thanks for the answer tho ^^
Old 2012-10-03, 03:56   Link #4308
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well we all know, that the anime did a rush job cutting and add bit when ever they like.
I should of follow what Kadi sign use to say and denial that the anime ever existed.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 03:59   Link #4309
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Well we all know, that the anime did a rush job cutting and add bit when ever they like.
I should of follow what Kadi sign use to say and denial that the anime ever existed.
Anime? What anime? I don't know what you are talking about~
Old 2012-10-03, 04:16   Link #4310
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Some....MHMmmm, so they basically went in chronological order (not in vol order) and made tons of changes....mhmhmhm seems like I won't be giving this a try anytime soon. Thanks for the answer tho ^^
I don't even know if it could be called chronological order. They had less than half the third volume for the first episode(changing a lot of stuff in the process) and skipped the events of vol 11 altogether. It ended up causing a lot of confusion amongst those who have not read the novel when they were told that Salvatore Doni had fought Godou in the past.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-03 at 05:57.
Old 2012-10-03, 06:05   Link #4311
GundamFan

Quote:
I'd say it's more along the lines of they left alot of stuff out that was in the LN and threw in an unnecassary half baked subplot about Metis just so they had something orginal in the series.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 06:11   Link #4312
whitecloud

Oh yeah...just askin... is the incident in vol 8 omake happen yet in any of the existing volume
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:21   Link #4313
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Oh yeah...just askin... is the incident in vol 8 omake happen yet in any of the existing volume
Which incident?
Old 2012-10-03, 07:36   Link #4314
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Anime? What anime? I don't know what you are talking about~
Yes exactly what am I taking about.

@whitecloud, the ss in vol 8 happen in the past and in between vol1 - 7.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:54   Link #4315
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Which incident?
the maid incident and the one where he meet saint whoever it is...
Old 2012-10-03, 08:24   Link #4316
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

So it seems aisha has a weather controlling authority
Old 2012-10-03, 08:35   Link #4317
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
So it seems aisha has a weather controlling authority
?????? which volume that state that?
Old 2012-10-03, 08:40   Link #4318
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
the maid incident and the one where he meet saint whoever it is...
You mean the one where Godou dreams about his harem being maids and then meeting with the Saint's other apprentice(one of the Saint's apprentice is Salvatore Doni) right?
Old 2012-10-03, 10:42   Link #4319
gevara20

Quote:
?????? which volume that state that?
vol.8 chapter3
Spoiler for Aisha:
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 11:06   Link #4320
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevara20 View Post
vol.8 chapter3
Spoiler for Aisha:
Just how old are Saint Raffaello and Lucrezia Zola really? The eternal Shojou has disappeared into hermitage a few centuries ago and was never seen again. It seems they are older than even Lao Hao and Voban.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem