AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-09, 20:36   Link #221
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666 View Post
There's a new manga to go with it as well.
There sure is (which i shall be checking out soon). So please, would people understand that this is much more then a remake?
Old 2006-10-09, 20:47   Link #222
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

There's no OP song? Nakane seems like one of my favorite characters (I guess it is because she has the same voice as Shinku from RM)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 20:54   Link #223
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There sure is (which i shall be checking out soon). So please, would people understand that this is much more then a remake?
Negima! remake, woo-hoo~

Gotta say, watched the first episode from Mahora, and it was pretty good. Introducing Chamo-kun alongside Negi worked quite well I think. I was a little hesitant when I first heard that, but I think it added a certain something, especially when Chamo was crying about his tooth being broken, I was grinning like mad during that sequence. The thing I am a bit iffy about was the fact that Setsuna was already close to Konoka...that was one of the things I enjoyed most about the original manga: how Setsuna cared a lot for Konoka, but had problems getting close to her again, instead choosing to watch over her from afar. That was what really sold me on Setsuna and propelled her to one of my top 3 favourite girls, if not the top girl. But...I think I can handle it, lol...

As for the class "introduction", I thought it was done fairly well. Having a line or two from all the characters does lend itself to a "rushed" feeling, but for the most part I found it entertaining. As mentioned previously in the thread, this obviously doesn't allow a whole lot of character development, or give us a whole lot of information on the characters, but it was pretty light-hearted and somewhat amusing, so I enjoyed it nonetheless. And despite the fact that Nodoka already seems infatuated with Negi, I still hope that incident where she falls off the staircase and gets caught by Negi happens, here's hoping.

Overall, a good start imho. Eagerly awaiting episode ni.

Edit: Got a name mixed up, argh! >_>

Last edited by Dark`; 2006-10-10 at 11:40.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 23:09   Link #224
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37135

Version 2. Better quality and fixed a few things. We'll have translation notes up on our forum hopefully soon for the stuff we couldn't stick on the chalkboard and for other things like that.
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 00:07   Link #225
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
Thanks again

P.S Your forum's awsome Good fanart pictures and others goods ^^
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 00:40   Link #226
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Talking Negima!? First Impressions

That was an excellent, crazy stuff.

Negima got completely revamped and reworked, introducing thousands of cosmetic changes as well as fixing (NOT patching) the plot and characterizations.

The only thing odd to me were that the "Thousand" Master, Nekane, and I think Anya have different voices from those of the first Negima, which is kuro rekishi and NOT to be brought into light again.

Anyways, Evangeline's stages were so beautifully gothic possessing that macabre, haunting mystic. Animation by SHAFT is perfectly sketched and the cinematics throw in film-like qualities to the episode, as if we were watching a whole Negima!? movie.
You can tell by the cuts from frame to frame, the long and still camera shots, and faraway angles.

Oh, yes! The music was special and more so in tune with epic fantasy themes, then changing to ethereal gothic.

SHAFT accomplishes a 10, particularly that they managed an agile transition from the manga story introducing, without few or no more useless prologue stuff, the Evangeline arc first.

If quality remains consistent, SHAFT would be bringing justice to Negima!? on the stuff that Xebec messed up at during the run of the first version.
I can't wait to see how they will handle the Kyoto arc.

P.S. Before I forget, what was the whole nonsense written on the blackboard?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 00:57   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In SHAFT's parody comedy series Pani Poni Dash, there were always inside reference gags on the school blackboard. They've carried that into here ....one reference is a scribbled portrait of Chiyo-chan (from Azumanga Daioh) plus her separated pigtails.
Other lines are dialog bits from various series, etc.
Old 2006-10-10, 02:09   Link #228
sevenheaven7

is the story and romance the same as the first negima?
sevenheaven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:46   Link #229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

okay... like everyone else here keeps saying... its a "reimagining" of the Negima story. Many details are different.... the order in which things happen are different.... (did you read Guido's post just above yours?)

Imagine as if you had just heard someone tell the story of Robin Hood and had to retell it when you got back to your own village. All the important parts would be there but the order might change, you might beef up some parts, leave some boring stuff out.

There's clearly going to be some romance simply based on Nodoka's reaction to Negi, a lot of absurd comedy, and a lot darker action (anyone thinking a bit of Tsukuyomi Moon Phase with a dash of Pani Poni Dash?). There's definitely some temptation on their part to go "ahoge-crazy PPD" lurking about.

So... yes, the same story and romance but no its completely different... but not.
Old 2006-10-10, 02:49   Link #230
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

hmm ... i'm thinking the diffences between Mai Hime Anime and Manga basicly the same story both very diffent ... Negima!? and the manga have the same characters and the same basic plot ... but they are far from the same
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 03:13   Link #231
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's clearly going to be some romance simply based on Nodoka's reaction to Negi, a lot of absurd comedy, and a lot darker action (anyone thinking a bit of Tsukuyomi Moon Phase with a dash of Pani Poni Dash?). There's definitely some temptation on their part to go "ahoge-crazy PPD" lurking about.
Akiyuki Shinbo was the director of both of those series and this, so as soon as the episode began, I was thinking, "oh yes, this is definitely Akiyuki Shinbo's style".
Very, very strange and crazy, but personally I love that, Shinbo is one of my favorite directors since Tsukuyomi.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 03:25   Link #232
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think its worth watching just for Asuna's organically active hair and her power bells. But yes, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase is one of my very favorite series as well.

I'm not sure what I think about the characterization of Negi yet.... he seems extra wimpish so far. Only complaint about the "theater classroom" set up is that the animation seemed extra jerky during those moments. Lots of nice art in the still shots though (Evangeline and Chach under the tree, for example).
Old 2006-10-10, 06:21   Link #233
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark'
The thing I am a bit iffy about was the fact that Setsuna was already close to Nodoka...
I think you're confused on your names here Nodoka is the shy girl who is uncomfortable around men. Konoka is the girl Setsuna protects

And after reading more of these comments on the new take, I'm really wanting to see it now

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
The only thing odd to me were that the "Thousand" Master, Nekane, and I think Anya have different voices from those of the first Negima, which is kuro rekishi and NOT to be brought into light again.
Yeah, it was mentioned a while back by someone that a couple of the seiyuu weren't making a return. One has retired IIRC, not sure about the other though.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 06:27   Link #234
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
And after reading more of these comments on the new take, I'm really wanting to see it now
Do so.

Personally I though very little of the original Negima series. It was pointless fluff with lots of slap-stick comedy and no character. It was with great reluctance that I decided to try episode 1 of "Negima!?" and I was just blown away by it. All the characters were just as I remember them. Much of the story was identical. Yet, it seems like a completely different show! It did not feel like a rehashing of elements from the previous show despite the similarities because the pacing and mood were completely different. I am just shocked to think that they were based on the same source material.

Bravo for "Negima!?"

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 06:59   Link #235
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo
Oh and also before somebody starts to complain about the sub...

Yes, we already know the video quality crashes and gets all blocky. We had trouble encoding and we tried our best to fix it, yet nothing worked ;~; Plus we wanted to release ASAP because of the demand :/

We're also sorry we didn't translate some of the chalkboard. Most of it was gibberish anyways and weird stuff without any reference. Our translator was very frustrated cos it was also hard to read("THEY'RE FRIGGIN' CHICKEN SCRATCHES!"). We'll have translation notes up on our forum some time soon.

We're a new group consisted of only 4 people; one translator(, one guy who does the timing, encoding, and typesetting, another person as typesetter, and I as quality check. All of us are noobs besides BillyG so feel free to point and laugh D;

Hopefully next time we could fix the quality. Hope you guys aren't too disappointed with us like some people D;
First thing I'd say is "better to wait and release a better product than to cave to demand" .... this is your hobby, take the time and make it something you're happy to display.
Myself, I was perfectly fine with version 1, but then again I'm not bothering to wait for subs to watch it first time and only need to pay semi-attention to the subs when viewing second time.

As for "demand" vs "quality", if you want you could do both. Get a 'speed sub low quality' version out and announce in it or in the torrent link's comment (wherever is convenient) that you're going to get a better version out when ready. That way people can grab something to start discussing with and then get the improved version for keeping/re-watching. Provided bandwidth issues aren't a problem of course (but this is torrents so that's a problem leechers need to think of, not providers).

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 07:53   Link #236
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Lots of nice art in the still shots though (Evangeline and Chach under the tree, for example).
Heh, trust Vexx to spot the good looking parts of the show. :3

But yes, some scenes are looking pretty outstanding compared to some. It makes the idea of a fan book/art book for Negima!? melt in my mind~

I still wished that Koyasu Takehito would have returned for the voice of the Thousand Master. His work in the original Negima was outstanding, right down to his laugh.
Old 2006-10-10, 08:25   Link #237
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW
Do so.
I want to, trust me on that. I just can't due to my broadband being broken. It's in the 'who to blame' area at the moment, since no-one seems to know what the problem actually is, which is frustrating to say the least.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 08:46   Link #238
Rin-Sama
Banned

This new Negima anime is so vomit inducing HORRID! I hate how they have screwed up so many of the girls' character designes (especially Nodoka!) and how they have once again screwed up the story line! This shere lack of respect for Akamatsu's work is very INSULTING! Sure the animation quality is good but that is NO excuse for the horrid story line and character design butchering!

I am protesting this new series with all my soul and am demanding that Shaft fix this IMMEDIATLY!!!!! and i suggest everyone here do so too.

This had the potentail to become the best anime of Akamatsu's work, but Shaft's blatent desregard for the story line and Character designs has made it even worse than the 1st anime. I will be sending several stern e-mails to Shaft demanding them to stop this anime in its tracks until they've fixed their little mess.

(hah! feels so much better to get that out. this will be the one and only time i post in here so don't go arguing with me becasue i won't be back in here))
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 08:50   Link #239
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks like someone doesn't undertstand what 'New art-style' & 'New storyline' mean.

Its the new look for Negima, no one is forcing you to watch it at all. But just keep in mind that they've changed it for a reason - thrown out the fanservice, and telling a great story in a whole different way.
Old 2006-10-10, 08:51   Link #240
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
We're a new group so we don't know any better D: This is our 1st project so the 1st ep was basically our experiment. :x Next ep though, I'm pretty sure we'll do better. Hopefully no more chalkboards with random refernces... >_>

Problem with the 1st version were mainly just the vid quality. When BillyG was trying to encode the raw, he got problems so he asked around, everyone said he just need to strip a code out. And when he did, video quality went up and sound quality went down. Took us awhile to figure out what was wrong, but we've got it fixed :x Like we were content with that video quality ourselves, geez~ ;o

Another problem people had was our translation. Trust me people, our translator really did her best. Unlike most translators out there who are like what, around their 20s? She's just a 15 year old Filipino high school girl. So, cut the girl some slack :x
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote