AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-05, 14:51   Link #121
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Okay, I'm guessing purple was the default hair color for Devils where Latina lived and although her hair color looks normal for a human, it's actually a magical trait. No way she doesn't have strong magic.

Sorry Grandma, but... those ribbons look ugly
Old 2019-09-05, 21:06   Link #122
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Latina and Dale going back home but stopping to see Maya again

New ribbons for Latina with with special protection in them
Old 2019-09-08, 09:15   Link #123
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Okay, I'm guessing purple was the default hair color for Devils where Latina lived and although her hair color looks normal for a human, it's actually a magical trait. No way she doesn't have strong magic.

Sorry Grandma, but... those ribbons look ugly
Ah that does make sense. I was thinking she'd be a late bloomer and that her hair color would change once she reaches puberty or maturity, but her having strong magic from the start makes sense.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-10, 16:58   Link #124
Liddo-kun
is this so?

tried watching this about a week ago. It's a decent show, but not my cup of tea.. dropped.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-12, 16:01   Link #125
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Latina has a hard time getting cats to like her. Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Apparently Japan exists in this world, too.
Old 2019-09-12, 21:09   Link #126
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Latina in that kimono just so cute and it seem that cats really dont like her

Rudy really good with his hands turning Latina horn into necklaces
Old 2019-09-12, 22:35   Link #127
Magewolf

Quote:
Latina has a hard time getting cats to like her. Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Apparently Japan exists in this world, too.
All the animals and animal people we have seen go crazy about her are canines. I think one of the demon lords was supposed to some kind of beast-master. I would not be surprised if they were favored by felines.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-15, 10:30   Link #128
PastPrime

Quote:
She didn't say that devils normally have purple hair. Just that purple hair indicates a special gift from their god, just like Rose's hair color indicated for her. Purple hair would be no more common among the Devils than Rose's hair color among the Humans. Notice that Latina said her hair was the same color as her father's.

As for strong magic, everything is relative. Average magic for a Devil might be strong magic for a human.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-15, 10:40   Link #129
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
She didn't say that devils normally have purple hair. Just that purple hair indicates a special gift from their god, just like Rose's hair color indicated for her. Purple hair would be no more common among the Devils than Rose's hair color among the Humans. Notice that Latina said her hair was the same color as her father's.

As for strong magic, everything is relative. Average magic for a Devil might be strong magic for a human.
She implied that the people from her hometown all had purple hair (the devil she met a few episodes ago also had that hair color) and she made the assumption that it's because they had strong magic unlike her. I'm speculating that her assumption is wrong and that her father lied to her and they were the ones with special traits.
Old 2019-09-15, 11:44   Link #130
PastPrime

Quote:
She implied that the people from her hometown all had purple hair (the devil she met a few episodes ago also had that hair color) and she made the assumption that it's because they had strong magic unlike her. I'm speculating that her assumption is wrong and that her father lied to her and they were the ones with special traits.
I don't know what you heard, but what I heard was that people with special gifts from the their god had purple hair. And, while for some reason the anime hasn't mentioned something brought up numerous times by this point in the novels
Spoiler:
And the Devil they met did not have purple hair. It was black with a bit of a purple tint. If you want to see what purple hair looks like go back to where Dale and Latina are talking about magic traits.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2019-09-15 at 12:00.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-19, 12:32   Link #131
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Last episode out. This one made it pretty clear where Latina's heart is on certain matters. Her jealousy over Hermine is adorable, immediately determined to guard what's hers. And I noticed throughout her inner monologues about wanting to grow up and about Dale and everything, she never refers to him as "family"; she even refers to him as the first person who's NOT family to embrace her. Sort of shows the difference between their viewpoints on things. To him, they're father and daughter and he's desperate to raise her right. To her, they're a girl and the heroic man who saved her and gave her more joy and life than she could've imagined.

But on the other hand, I wonder just what Latina will really decide to do with her future now. Will she choose to become a permanent waitress? Learn adventuring to accompany Dale (though I doubt he'd accept this as he wouldn't trust other parties to protect her and wouldn't want her on missions as dangerous as he faces)? Enter a higher institution?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-19, 13:25   Link #132
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I probably in minority here, but I am really sad we'll never see a second half of the story.

Also, I wonder, was Kenneth's and Rita's child a boy or a girl? It was not clear.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2019-09-19 at 17:21.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-19, 14:57   Link #133
Magewolf

You could see Latina's boyfriend stealer sense activate.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-19, 18:50   Link #134
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a very average show overall. I would have actually been interested in what comes next though. Too bad.
Old 2019-09-19, 20:49   Link #135
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One pity is that they chose to Translate Latina as using "I" and "me" instead of her name to refer to herself. Not significant overall, except that in this episode she starts to grow concerned that this makes her sound no older than Maya.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-19, 21:01   Link #136
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very nice ending but Dale still crazy but a little less overprotective about Latina near the end

8/10 It would be nice to have another season
Old 2019-09-19, 22:47   Link #137
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 10:55   Link #138
arkhangelsk

The ending felt extremely rushed. It is almost as if the show at one stage was to go two cour, but then they were told there would be only one and they kind of last half of episode 12 trying to hastily wrap everything up.
It would probably have been better if they just used end of the long trip as the landing point rather than kind of start something only to cut it short so abruptly. Yes these are light novel promo videos but we still pretend they are proper anime so they should choose something that's actually a landing point.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 00:17   Link #139
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Pretty bad episode to end the series.

Latina was very annoying and irritable with her bahaviour in this one.

Decent series overall though

7/10
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 13:12   Link #140
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Last episode out. This one made it pretty clear where Latina's heart is on certain matters. Her jealousy over Hermine is adorable, immediately determined to guard what's hers. And I noticed throughout her inner monologues about wanting to grow up and about Dale and everything, she never refers to him as "family"; she even refers to him as the first person who's NOT family to embrace her. Sort of shows the difference between their viewpoints on things. To him, they're father and daughter and he's desperate to raise her right. To her, they're a girl and the heroic man who saved her and gave her more joy and life than she could've imagined.

But on the other hand, I wonder just what Latina will really decide to do with her future now. Will she choose to become a permanent waitress? Learn adventuring to accompany Dale (though I doubt he'd accept this as he wouldn't trust other parties to protect her and wouldn't want her on missions as dangerous as he faces)? Enter a higher institution?
In the Italian subs she even refers to Dale as the person she loves in the monologue.

I'd love to see another season to adapt the remaining part of the story, but I don't think it'll happen.