AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-08, 23:18   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 783 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

A spoiler pic and a summary is out courtesy of AP's Redon and Aohige respectively:

-Chapter title is "You're in my way". In the ministory, Wadatsumi wants to join Jinbei in his travels.

-After witnessing Trebol's explosion, Leo wants to go help, but both Robin and Kyros warn him not to. After all, since a shichibukai like Law was badly beaten in the fight, they'd only be a hindrance to Luffy if they tried to help. Speaking of the two supernovas, they saw Luffy rescue Law from the explosion, who left him to their care shortly afterward. However, Doflamingo gives chase, shooting string bullets in another attempt to finish Law. Luffy tries to stop him, but he's too late. However, as the bullets rain down on Robin and Law, they get deflected by none other than Cavendish! The handsome wishes to join in on the fight at first, but once Luffy tells him that he's relying on him to take the others to safety, he obliges, thinking of Luffy as one of his fans! He goes to call Bartolomeo for additional assistance, while Leo attempts to stitch Law's wounds, as well as have princess Mansherry heal him.

-As Dofla and Luffy continue to fight, the warlord still has the upper hand. He also briefly recount when he first heard of Luffy's name, around the time the news of Crocodile's defeat reached his ears. Meanwhile, Law wakes up, and tells Cavendish to take him back to Luffy's location, as he's responsible for dragging him into this situation in the first place. Both Caven and Robin try to convince Law otherwise, but he's too stubborn. In the end, Cavendish says he refuses to hear a suicidal man's wishes, and tells him that Law will only die after Caven himself does.

-Back to the fight, Luffy once again gets countered by Dofla, who reminds him that soon people will be getting killed by the birdcage. He tries to send him on a guilt trip, saying that if their group didn't arrive at Dressrosa, the nation would still be in peace. However, Luffy isn't falling for that. When Dofla says Luffy is getting in his way by acting the hero, Luffy replies that it's the reverse: Dofla is getting in HIS way. He won't let anyone die. Both Doflamingo and the Birdcage are obstructing him. Therefore.....

Spoiler:

GEAR..... 4.

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-04-09 at 05:11.
Old 2015-04-08, 23:49   Link #2
schedmaster

Double Issue or Oda-sensei taking a break?
Old 2015-04-08, 23:58   Link #3
marvelB

^Oda's break. The next double issue should be out around the end of the month/early May.
Old 2015-04-09, 00:11   Link #4
schedmaster

So no One Piece chapter for 2 weeks then?
Old 2015-04-09, 00:22   Link #5
rickiminato

So doflamingo is so powerfull for luffy thace need the gear four
So what do you think is the gear four? i have teories
1 is the conquerer haki + armóred haki
2 a advanced versión of the armó red haki
Old 2015-04-09, 01:08   Link #6
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

That has to be the most annoying ending to a chapter I've seen yet. Sometimes suspense is fun. Not in this arc. It's much to lengthy as-is. And no chapter next week. I hope there is more to this after that blackout.

I'm not excited. I'm irritated.
Old 2015-04-09, 01:22   Link #7
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I have the summary up.

Cavendish was the MVP this chapter.
Old 2015-04-09, 02:16   Link #8
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by schedmaster View Post
So no One Piece chapter for 2 weeks then?
One week only.
Old 2015-04-09, 02:38   Link #9
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

WTF? We barley flippin saw Luffy fight Dof and next thing we see him going Gear 4? Oda, you got some explanations to give us the entire chapter.

And oh lookie another break at the worst time. I guess at least we got three weeks without breaks, some times he doesn't even give us that much

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-04-09, 02:40   Link #10
schedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
One week only.
So no chapter next week, then double issue chapter, and then no chapter the week after that?
Old 2015-04-09, 05:31   Link #11
marvelB

^I think the pattern will be something like that, yes.

Anyways, updated with the summary. Auhige's right, Cavendish was cool this chapter. Them supernovas gotta look out for each other, y'know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
WTF? We barley flippin saw Luffy fight Dof and next thing we see him going Gear 4? Oda, you got some explanations to give us the entire chapter.
Dofla kept dodging/countering most of Luffy's attacks like he's done for most of the fight so far, and this is DESPITE the injuries he got from Law. I think that's reason enough to justify Luffy revealing his next power-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
And oh lookie another break at the worst time. I guess at least we got three weeks without breaks, some times he doesn't even give us that much

Actually, this is the fourth chapter we had in a row before a break. But as I pointed out in the past, Oda's been having less frequent breaks than he did in the past few years (especially after his surgery). And remember that the next break coming up after this one is the MAGAZINE'S, not Oda's.
Old 2015-04-09, 06:29   Link #12
Homura7

Last page: Gear... 4

No chapter in 2 weeks.

Me: Oh you son of a...
Old 2015-04-09, 07:05   Link #13
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

SUPER SAIYAN LUFFY!
hopefully he comes out with blonde hair
Old 2015-04-09, 07:20   Link #14
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Dofla kept dodging/countering most of Luffy's attacks like he's done for most of the fight so far, and this is DESPITE the injuries he got from Law. I think that's reason enough to justify Luffy revealing his next power-up.

It's really what we would expect but Doflamingo really hasn't injured Luffy either. He's clearly better at tactical fighting and seeing openings, while Luffy has the edge in speed as he clearly stated. I was sort of predicting that Luffy would go through somewhat of a transformation like Yusuke had in YuYu-Hakusho, where he tapped into some unknown demon like quality of his ancestry hence "D". But we'll see....
Old 2015-04-09, 07:29   Link #15
DarkHollowIchigo

Gear Four........WTH go luffy!

What would it be guys?! What would it beeeeeeee.....
Old 2015-04-09, 07:39   Link #16
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
So doflamingo is so powerfull for luffy thace need the gear four
So what do you think is the gear four? i have teories
1 is the conquerer haki + armóred haki
2 a advanced versión of the armó red haki
Vulcanization

Old 2015-04-09, 08:28   Link #17
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Legit, wonder what this would do to Luffy when it comes to fighting abilities.
Old 2015-04-09, 09:00   Link #18
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Legit, wonder what this would do to Luffy when it comes to fighting abilities.
I would guess it would be like having full body armament Haki but make him a lot less stretchy. He can take far more punishment and he can hit really hard, but loses flexibility.
Old 2015-04-09, 09:16   Link #19
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Well that was another great chapter. I'm glad that now Cavendish is being shown to also be an honourable character like Bartolomeo.

And Luffy using Gear 4 at the end was... predictable. I 've been picturing the fight in my head between Luffy and Doflamingo to end up this way for almost a year now. Seeing Oda deliver it felt pretty good.

As for what power Gear 4 could grant him... its hard to say. Gear 2 and 3 were fairly creative when they were first revealed. I hope that Gear 4 and whatever comes after keeps things fresh as well.
Old 2015-04-09, 09:32   Link #20
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Well... I'd imagine if he did do that... he'd have a problem stretching. He'd basically be sacrificing range for power and defense...

So assuming he can keep up with Doflamingo speed-wise and keep close, I'd imagine it'd solve is lack of power in his blows~