AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-22, 09:02   Link #21
haegar
mangaviking

wooot? no chap next week and then it's BASEBALL? WTF????

this is torture ..
Old 2010-09-22, 10:24   Link #22
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Whew, Konan is still alive. C'mon girl, pull a Part 1 Neji and Choji! YOU CAN DO IT! I refuse to believe you're going to die from a mere stab through the back. In this series, that's the equivalent to a paper-cut (no joke intended).

-Hm, Madara's mask looks...interesting. Who wants to bet that his "depleted power" was because he gave Nagato the Rinnengan?
Old 2010-09-22, 10:35   Link #23
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Hm, Madara's mask looks...interesting. Who wants to bet that his "depleted power" was because he gave Nagato the Rinnengan?
That's kinda of what I'm guessing right now. But why Madara would actually give away his own personal tools makes little sense...

Overall, I'm unsure what to think of these spoilers. This seems like a woefully incomplete spoiler, mostly due to the fact that the Konan flashback only feels like 7 or so pages (which isn't too bad, even if those pages are unneeded), and the Madara section only feels like 5 or so pages. So, where are the other 4 to 5 pages of info? Unless the silly flashback takes up far more space than I thought (in which case, there will be plenty of time, what with the week break, to rage at Kishimoto for wasting so much space on a stupid symbolic flashback), we are missing something...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 10:51   Link #24
haegar
mangaviking

as for Madara solely being weakend from giving the Rinnegan to Nagato, I dunno... If that was the case, why did he do it in the first place? I would rather guess that whether the temporary loss of the Rinnegan weakened him or not, for the most part he lost power due to the fights from the past that didn't all work out as he planned.

If it's just about the Rinnegan, I wonder what explanation Kishi comes up with for him giving it away in the first place...it's not as if Akatsuki gathering the Bijuu for him was in any way dependant on Nagato#s participation, he could have done that with the rest of the bunch too, neh?!

that is, unless he wanted a single warrior to attack Konoha and get the Kyubi - and didn't think anybody could pull that off ...so that Pain was basically his creation in order to get the Kyubi - I guess he could have done that himself as well, but maybe he did not want to reveal himself to Konoha ... that sounds lame though ...there has to be more to it ...
Old 2010-09-22, 10:58   Link #25
Rurik
Golden

Wao Madara has a new mask that gives you the target where to shoot him....
Old 2010-09-22, 10:59   Link #26
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's kinda of what I'm guessing right now. But why Madara would actually give away his own personal tools makes little sense...
-Maybe to experiment and see how far an Uzumaki (Senju-relative) body could channel and use the Rikudo Sennin's power? Maybe to discover where he went wrong in becoming the next Rikudo Sennin (from the last chapter's implication) or how to perfect the process? Or, maybe it was just for kicks and giggles?
Old 2010-09-22, 12:37   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So in the end, why did Madara's previous' masks conceal his left eye? It doesn't seem like there was any point to it. I can't help but think Kishimoto changed his mind at some point... In any event, I love the new mask. It vaguely reminds me of Friend from 20th century Boys.

I like the frog suits too, they looked pretty cute. Sad to see Konan go...
Old 2010-09-22, 12:58   Link #28
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Wao Madara has a new mask that gives you the target where to shoot him....
lol

exactly what I am thinking
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 13:56   Link #29
Knjaz

Some off-topic fun maths.

If we assume that 1 explosive tag = 10-15 grams of TNT (dont rly know how much of TNT equivalent in them, but took lowest possible numbers), then 600 billion has the same yield as 6-9MT nuke, and over 600 seconds it would be 10-15KT nuke (Hiroshima) each second, or low yield 1-1.5KT nuke each 0.1 second (dunno what is worse...)
Congratz Madara, u survived smth what former Soviet Union or USA would not. And how the hell Naruto is supposed to take u down?! /jk
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 14:11   Link #30
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post

If we assume that 1 explosive tag = 10-15 grams of TNT (dont rly know how much of TNT equivalent in them, but took lowest possible numbers), then 600 billion has the same yield as 6-9MT nuke, and over 600 seconds it would be 10-15KT nuke (Hiroshima) each second, or low yield 1-1.5KT nuke each 0.1 second (dunno what is worse...)
Congratz Madara, u survived smth what former Soviet Union or USA would not. And how the hell Naruto is supposed to take u down?! /jk
Nice --- kudos for that math stuff. Now we know Madara can survive a nuclear explosion that could blast a crater into the earth's crust. NARUTO IS SCREWED. Like, royally boned.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:12   Link #31
Ero-Senn1n

It still does not make sense if Madara gave a rinnegan eye to a weak child who was living in a war zone and every day there was a risk of losing him and the precious eyes too. The other possibility is that Madara was there the whole time, but there's a big problem with that: why would he let Nagato be under Jiraiya's influence? why would Jiraiya never notice Madara's presence? Why would Madara risk Nagato's life instead of helping him and teaching him instead? Why would he let Nagato almost die against Hanzou+Danzou? So i think there's no way that Madara was looking after Nagato secretly for all those years. It just wouldn't make sense.

So i think the most reasonable possibilty is that Madara searched for all possible Uzumaki and Senju descendant children that are scattered around the world and secretly implanted (he can use genjutsu so that children don't remember anything) in them many of the sharingan eyes (maybe even his own EMS eyes?) from his collection. And he waited to see if their body would interact (eyes=yin half, body=yang half) with the eyes and thus the eyes would evolve into rinnegan. That way he can say that he gave them their eyes, but also we can say that he never had the rinnegan himself, he just used the children to create the rinnegan.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 15:13   Link #32
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post

Haha, Nice. We've all been distracted by how Kubo was op'ing Aizen, and didn't see where Kishi was taking Madara...He's right up there
Old 2010-09-22, 16:35   Link #33
Rahan

Quote:
-Whew, Konan is still alive. C'mon girl, pull a Part 1 Neji and Choji! YOU CAN DO IT! I refuse to believe you're going to die from a mere stab through the back. In this series, that's the equivalent to a paper-cut (no joke intended).
Nope. Konan's dead.

Spoiler:

She was a waste of panels till the end after all.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 16:46   Link #34
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ Damn, Konandidn't even take off the robe to show the goods beforehand. Seems like she really is dead....

It would've been more interesting if she'd lived though; an interaction between her and Kakashi or the other may have been interesting indeed.
Old 2010-09-22, 17:17   Link #35
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
At least she actually got a fight that was half-way decent (even if only 2 chapters), unlike that waste of space Kushina whose only job was to spread her legs for a Hokage...
Old 2010-09-22, 17:23   Link #36
Rahan

Quote:
At least she actually got a fight that was half-way decent (even if only 2 chapters), unlike that waste of space Kushina whose only job was to spread her legs for a Hokage...
Kushina brought info on the plot, the world and stuff. And she was dead to begin with. (although I also disliked how Kishi used exactly the same plot device he used for Minato. I actually, I dislike most of what Kishi did in the last 200 chapters, but well ...)

The only thing Konan ever offered to this manga was the promise of boobs (thanks to the DB3 sketch). I guess Naruto could have had a bigger army following him (Konoha /Suna / Ame), but it would imply Naruto being a leader and gathering people around him, and we all know he won't ever do anything else than obeying the frogs or reacting to people attacking him or his friends (while people in the background say he is cool)
Old 2010-09-22, 17:31   Link #37
james0246

^And that's why Kushina was worse. She was an expository patch, with stereotypical background story only. Hell, her story actually dumb'd down what was supposed to be one of the greatest Shinobi ever (Minato).

Additionally, through the Konan fight, there was a great deal of insight into the Rikudou-Sennin, Izanagi, and Madara (all of which is important to the story). Besides being the Tomato (or whatever her name was), the only really new piece of info Kushina presented was that she and the 1st Hokage's wife were Jinchuuriki for the Kyuubi (the stuff about the Uzumakis being important lasted all of a 2 pages, so I don't put much stock into the clan's back-story...yet), everything else was already confirmed by Minato (though he didn't get an accompanying flashback).

And finally, it was a decent exchange of fists. Kushina never lived up to her pseudo-reputation (she was a glorified Princess in constant need of rescuing). Konan does (mostly). In the end, for an action series, that matters far more...
Old 2010-09-22, 17:37   Link #38
Rahan

Quote:
^And that's why Kushina was worse. She was an expository patch, with stereotypical background story only. Hell, her story actually dumb'd down what was supposed to be one of the greatest Shinobi ever (Minato).

Additionally, through the Konan fight, there was a similar level of insight into the Rikudou-Sennin, Izanagi, and Madara. Besides being the Tomato (or whatever her name was), the only really new piece of info Kushina presented was that she and the 1st Hokage's wife were Jinchuuriki for the Kyuubi (the stuff about the Uzumakis being important lasted all of a 2 pages, so I don't put much stock into the clan's back-story...yet), everything else was already confirmed by Minato (though he didn't get an accompanying flashback).
Well, the Izanagi stuff had what ? 2 new panels of information ? (the panel with yin yang info and the panel saying it was the technique was used for the bijuus ?) It could have easily fit during the Danzou's fight and Danzou's hype would have skyrocketted.
There is also the 5 mn of intangibility, but I am not even sure it will be mentioned again.

The rest will be mentioned again anyway (his senju powers and stuff). Actually, all the informations of the Konan fight (including Izanagi) may be retold.
Old 2010-09-22, 17:39   Link #39
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Nope. Konan's dead.

Spoiler:

-Excuse me for a bit *walks outside*...
-Ahem. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

-Dammit all to hell. This is the second woman to die on me this month. What is it with the mangaka lately? Did their long-time girlfriends ditch them for a stereotypical surfer? Ugh, this plain sucks. RIP Konan, I'll miss your existence in this story.
Old 2010-09-22, 17:40   Link #40
Rahan

Quote:
RIP Konan, I'll miss your presence in this story.
Her what ?

Tags
weekly chapter discussion