AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 10:03   Link #701
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Damn...damn...damn...damn...damn...damn...

I am so pissed off right now...not because I don't like the filler, I really think it'll be a fun and interesting tie-in with the new movie.
The reason I'm pissed is that Lily is a filler character...but I want her to join the crew already. Goddamn whoever came up with her (I'm guessing Oda) and put her as a filler character with no chance of joining. She's exactly the kind of character I always wanted to join the crew next...AND SHE'S A FILLER!!! DAMMIT!
Why do you want her to join the crew so much?

I have to say that volcano food sounds eruptingly good! =)

Excited for these fillers, its a good time for them and gives the manga its first chance in a long time to push on ahead.

Lil's mini-mini fruit power is cool. Chopper & Ussop's reaction to Lily describing how she kills her foes with her devil fruit power was the best moment of this episode for me.
Old 2012-12-02, 11:43   Link #702
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Why do you want her to join the crew so much?

I have to say that volcano food sounds eruptingly good! =)

Excited for these fillers, its a good time for them and gives the manga its first chance in a long time to push on ahead.

Lil's mini-mini fruit power is cool. Chopper & Ussop's reaction to Lily describing how she kills her foes with her devil fruit power was the best moment of this episode for me.
1- She's female and the Strawhats desperately need a new female crewmember.

2- Her design is so freaking good! She is extremely cute and her clothing style is awesome.

3- Her personality seems to be such a great match for the Strawhats! She looks like she fits right in with her quirky cheerfulness and the gag with her getting side-tracked easily and immediately realizing it.

4- Gluttonous on par with Luffy? Yes please!

5- Fork for a weapon!? Oh thank you!

6- She's a giant...I always wanted a giant to join the crew (especially a giant woman) and her fruit allows for travel on the ship.

7- A giant with the Mini Mini no Mi has always been part of my personal fanfics so seeing one actually show up made me nerdgasm all over the screen! Her abilities in combination with her race is such a great and powerful combo with so many possibilities...I'd really like to see her fight in various situations with the crew.

It really saddens me that she's a filler character...one episode...ONE EPISODE and she quickly because one of my favorite characters in the whole series. I'm shocked as this rarely happens. Such a shame she'll never really show up outside of filler.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 11:49   Link #703
noktown

First time ever i was so excited about filler,One Piece really needs fillers to bring us proper episodes back.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 11:57   Link #704
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Is it wrong that I enjoyed this episode more than most of the last arc?

Here's hoping we get a full filler arc out of this (or something unrelated after, since this clearly ties into the new movie) so Punk Hazard can proceed at a decent pace.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 12:08   Link #705
Blackbeard D. Kuma

By no means do these filler episodes solve the horrible pacing problem. Sure, they'll put on a band aid, but that still doesn't eliminate the problem. Inevitably, the anime will quickly catch up to the manga again and we'll be back to square one. So in essence, we're never going to consistently get well-paced episodes.
Old 2012-12-02, 13:13   Link #706
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
5- Fork for a weapon!? Oh thank you!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 13:40   Link #707
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
By no means do these filler episodes solve the horrible pacing problem. Sure, they'll put on a band aid, but that still doesn't eliminate the problem. Inevitably, the anime will quickly catch up to the manga again and we'll be back to square one. So in essence, we're never going to consistently get well-paced episodes.
That's true.

But frankly i would rather watch straw-hats just chilling there on the ship,doing stupid things to make us laugh than have them fight randoms and actually trying...

And you know it's coming...they will be struggling against some random marines overusing the techniques that were introduced in the previous arcs(Luffy's Red Hawk).
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 14:20   Link #708
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post

Here's hoping we get a full filler arc out of this (or something unrelated after, since this clearly ties into the new movie) so Punk Hazard can proceed at a decent pace.

Absolutely not!

I loved watching this episode so much, the best since a long long time!

It had everything in it
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:17   Link #709
ookamigirl

Nami sure made a detailed plan of rescue.
Those Marines never knew what hit them... until they recognized them.
Lily's dad sure was popular, just in a bad way.
Those Neo Navy guys were no joke.
Looks like Luffy & crew will have a whole bunch of enemies in the new world.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 07:32   Link #710
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

If carlsberg did filler...then it would be one piece filler!

Good episode, Shuzo is going get his ass handed to him I predict.

Loved the many times sanji got annoyed by no one recognising him, love that something that happened hundreds of episodes ago is still bothering him.
Old 2012-12-09, 10:50   Link #711
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

I seriously hope the Neo navy stays as a main/sub antagonist even after the movie.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 12:38   Link #712
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Pretty decent filler episodes so far, like everyone else I'm glad to see they are finally doing a filler arc.

For some reason I just really hate the character design of that whole clan with the extra elbow joint in their arms. It just really bugs me. Seeing Vice admiral Momonga was a pleasant surprise in this episode, as well as seeing a llama canon lol.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:30   Link #713
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I actually like the Long Arm Tribe, glad to see more of them...they are quite original which is awesome.

The Alpaca...that thing kills me every time it shows up...I want one.
Old 2012-12-09, 19:20   Link #714
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I'm glad we've hit a point where we can dive into filler now. Way better to just have a story they can do whatever with than having to stretch out every single chapter they can.

The Long Arm Tribe does kind of bother me. But I don't think this guy will be that big of a deal.
Old 2012-12-16, 07:14   Link #715
ookamigirl

First the Navy and those other guys and now even crazy weather.
The New World truly is full of weird things.
That Lily really is similar to Luffy when it comes to food ^^
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 07:17   Link #716
Dutchlad

Im sorry, but i really dislike the filler arc..

Why? After 2 years of training i find it really hard to believe Zoro and Luffy were only on par with Momonga and that neo navy, in my opinion Momonga is a strong VA, but not THAT strong..
And luffy not being able to break through a iron body technique?
Come ooooon, after rob lucci from CP9, there shouldnt be a random person who has the same technique but alot stronger...
Basically this is making rob lucci look like a weak fool..

Once again, not amused with the fillers
Dutchlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 08:47   Link #717
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post

Fishman Island is a great arc, but it was very poorly paced in anime. The only part I liked was the flashback.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:25   Link #718
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchlad View Post
Im sorry, but i really dislike the filler arc..

Why? After 2 years of training i find it really hard to believe Zoro and Luffy were only on par with Momonga and that neo navy, in my opinion Momonga is a strong VA, but not THAT strong..
And luffy not being able to break through a iron body technique?
Come ooooon, after rob lucci from CP9, there shouldnt be a random person who has the same technique but alot stronger...
Basically this is making rob lucci look like a weak fool..

Once again, not amused with the fillers
I still find it absolutely ridiculous and HILARIOUS how people think that Luffy and co are suddenly admiral level monsters after the two year training...because they would have to be near that level to take out a seasoned veteran VA like Momonga. Luffy was never seen defeating or even being close to beating an admiral (the thing with Garp doesn't count as Garp let Luffy win), in fact Momonga and Dalmatian nearly killed Luffy back during the war with a single attack each! These guys are supposedly the strongest marines before Admirals, these were the guys that were having one-on-one fights with WB Division Captains...hell one of them was the one that put the Sea Stone cuffs on Marco of all people!

Luffy and co being at VA level after two years is perfectly reasonable and already a huge leap in power for them.

It's also ridiculous that people somehow think the world stood still while the others were training...they weren't in an hyperbolic time chamber, it's assumed that others also got stronger during those two years, even marines.

Lucci was strong...for enemies he fought and the part of the world he was stationed in. Just because a guy IN THE NEW WORLD shows up with a stronger tekkai doesn't make Lucci a weakling. Lucci from two years ago was most certainly weaker than the current Shuzo...but so is Luffy from two years ago, what's your point?
And Lucci was never the STRONGEST Rokushiki user ever, he was the strongest CP9 member and mastered all rokushiki techniques but if I remember correctly even Blueno had a stronger Tekkai than him, though was weaker in everything else.

Who knows what rank Shuzo had in the marines, but whatever it was it was high considering his interaction with Momonga and the fact that he's been operating in the NW makes it perfectly reasonable for him to be at VA level.

People need to stop thinking that the two year training magically made Luffy into a monster that can only be compared to beasts like Admirals and Yonkou...there's still a long way to go for him to reach that level and the fact that he can match up to a VA is already an incredible step forward.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:33   Link #719
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I believe Lucci is stronger than Shuzo. Lucci is certainly VA level despite his lack of mastery over haki (I believe he is capable of basic haki though).

Luffy just wasn't taking his fight with Shuzo very seriously. He was at least lower tier VA level (capable of beating certain VAs) before the gap.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:46   Link #720
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I believe Lucci is stronger than Shuzo. Lucci is certainly VA level despite his lack of mastery over haki (I believe he is capable of basic haki though).

Luffy just wasn't taking his fight with Shuzo very seriously. He was at least lower tier VA level (capable of beating certain VAs) before the gap.
I doubt that Lucci was VA level two years ago...but now? Yea, he's probably reached or even surpassed that level but during the CP9 Arc? Not very likely.