AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-06-27, 11:12   Link #1961
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Davos could always marry and have another heir. Men don't have a time clock like women do unless they get ED lol.
Davos already has a wife... one he should really get around to going back too

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The producers explained this in one of their past interviews. Because there are so many story lines, each one is treated separately and has its own time lines. Everything that happens in an episode is not happening at the same time for the different story lines.

It's also to be expected that there was some time that passed from when Varys left before the attack on Mereen to the time that Daenerys launches her fleet to Westeros.

Yes, time is a little funny, especially if you take into account Theon's journey from Winterfell to Mereen this season. Then you compare it to Varys' journey from Mereen to Dorne, which at that point, already has the Queen of Thorns there upset with Cersei. Just chalk it up to a lot of time went by that was not on screen.
Another example we see in this episode is cersei and Jamie. Everything that happened with Cersei most likely happened on the same day. Jamie however managed to get from the twins, back to kings landing i trip that should take days if not possibly weeks

I guess that's one of the things that makes the timeline so wonky; not only are events not happening at the same time, but they aren't even being shown in the order that they happen in. It becomes rather impossible to really follow the passage of time
Old 2016-06-27, 11:55   Link #1962
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Man the season finale was really predictable but no less enjoying to watch.

Spoiler for season finale:
Ironically, Tommen died the same way Cersei/Jaime did Bran back in season 1.

I wouldn't say I expected the Jon reveal; maybe if you've read the book(s), it was probably easy. The only reason I figured it out beforehand(in the original ep of the 3ER and Bran watching young Ed fighting the two kingsguard) was because shortly after, I read on the wiki about Robert's Rebellion. I don't think the show really put out the details of everything that happened, or at least not consistently, where a tv viewer could pick all the details and make an analysis, but then again, that just might be me =01.

Haven't they pretty much caught up to the books now? I can't imagine that there isn't much material left to make another season within the next year.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 12:28   Link #1963
AntonKutovoi

They already left the books behind.

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2016-06-27 at 16:14.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 16:04   Link #1964
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Ironically, Tommen died the same way Cersei/Jaime did Bran back in season 1.

I wouldn't say I expected the Jon reveal; maybe if you've read the book(s), it was probably easy. The only reason I figured it out beforehand(in the original ep of the 3ER and Bran watching young Ed fighting the two kingsguard) was because shortly after, I read on the wiki about Robert's Rebellion. I don't think the show really put out the details of everything that happened, or at least not consistently, where a tv viewer could pick all the details and make an analysis, but then again, that just might be me =01.

Haven't they pretty much caught up to the books now? I can't imagine that there isn't much material left to make another season within the next year.
They caught up with the books at the end of last season. Sure there were a few scenes here and there of book stuff but the majority was non-book scenes.
Old 2016-06-27, 16:28   Link #1965
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I enjoyed the Queen of Thorns mashing the baby snakes far more than should be biologicaly possible.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 17:09   Link #1966
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I like to think Olenna was speaking for the viewers in that scene, but Benioff and Weiss are probably in enough of a bubble that they have no idea how much the viewers loathe what they've done with Dorne.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 22:58   Link #1967
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Long live the Queen.

The High Sparrow fucked with the wrong person.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 01:59   Link #1968
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I like to think Olenna was speaking for the viewers in that scene, but Benioff and Weiss are probably in enough of a bubble that they have no idea how much the book readers loathe what they've done with Dorne.
Fixed it for you.
Old 2016-06-28, 03:27   Link #1969
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I think EVERYONE hated what they have done with the Dorne storyline. They killed Prince Hannibal, who in the books plotted against King's Landing IIRC, for nothing. Just to show what? That Ellaria & the Sand Vipers are badass action grrls who takes shit from no one? They just appeared like spiteful little bitches who are unable to think of other ways to carry out revenge.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 05:28   Link #1970
rantaid

don't hate Dorne that much (yeah, pitty for Arianne chan... but well...), seen worse;

like the prolonged Daenny's misadventure since season 2 (Qarth) to season 6 which serve almost no purpose except to feed the Dragon which could have been skipped over, and just go to next city (Yunkai?) to recruit the Unsullied, Second Sons and their Siege weapon, and subjugate Mereen, Mereen civil war which led to Barristan death for no purpose except to pave way for Tyrion, and just f*cking sail already which should have happen in season 4.... :P

or the castration of Dance of Dragon scenario (albeit i admit that Aegon could have been just red herring to waste our time) into Shireen good old story, and the dummied out Stannis as useless plot (except if he later be galvanized into another Benjen who live to redeem Shireen's death).
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 07:16   Link #1971
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

And now, the first time applying this to something other than an anime:

Comments: Akuma Style!: Game of Thrones S6 edition: Wildfire Plot; Bastard VS Bastard; Mereen Air Force beats Slaver Navy; Ramsay goes to the dogs; Littlefinger ex Machina; Arya sends her regards.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 08:30   Link #1972
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I think EVERYONE hated what they have done with the Dorne storyline. They killed Prince Hannibal, who in the books plotted against King's Landing IIRC, for nothing. Just to show what? That Ellaria & the Sand Vipers are badass action grrls who takes shit from no one? They just appeared like spiteful little bitches who are unable to think of other ways to carry out revenge.
Ya you don't need to be a book reader to know that the dorne storyline is just terrible. Really Ellaria comes off more like cersei; she makes idiotic moves and thinks she's more clever than she is... however the reason that works for cersei is because her plans inevitably backfire against her... ellaria however succeeds by sheer luck and the fact that everyone around her are idiots.

For example, Despite the threats she has made no one thinks twice about letting her get close to the people she threatened to kill; and despite committing acts of treason doran just so happens to be dumb enough to let her hang around where she's able to commit MORE acts of betrayal. And her plans are idiotic... When she killed Myrcella, Doran and Trystane, she did it to simply start a war; she had no plan at all. It was only out of sheer luck and coincidence that Cercei gave Ollenna a reason to rebel and that Varys decided to go to dorne for assistance thus giving her the war she wanted. Ellaria doesn't EARN her victories. And hell, i'm not even sure why she was able to take control the way she did; she was just the lover of one of the princes of dorne, not even a wfie; with the martells dead, there are bound to be plenty of families in dorne with a better claim to the throne of dorne than her(and their are bound to be plenty of families who would oppose such acts of regicide). Her actions probably should have spark a civil war for drone's throne; and yet for not apparent reason she gets control.

What's worst is knowing that there WERE more clever plans available to her. I mean Myrcella was actually next in line for the throne. All they had to do was get rid of Tommen before he could produce an heir. if she did not kill her and trystane, the Martell's would pretty much control the iron throne by now. Heck even if she atleast went to Dany instead of having Dany come to her it would have atleast shown SOME thought on her part

Really, my only hope is that next season some situation will come up that will allow them to all die off; receive the death's they so richly deserve, and so we don't have to keep dealing with their idiocy... Like Maybe ellaria will try to kill Tyrion only for him to survive and get back at them

Last edited by Slayerx; 2016-06-28 at 10:53.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 09:04   Link #1973
Galaxian

I got to give them credit, they managed to add the Frey Pies.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 10:04   Link #1974
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Fixed it for you.
Nope - fail. I don't know many TV-only viewers who like what the show has done with Dorne. Seriously, that's not a books vs. TV issue - pretty much everyone hates it, and with good reason.
Old 2016-06-28, 11:07   Link #1975
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

And Tommen scores a 6-10.

Now we know where King's Landing got its name.

Too soon?
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 11:31   Link #1976
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If I had a dime for every time I've heard that line the last two days...
Old 2016-06-28, 17:16   Link #1977
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Nope - fail. I don't know many TV-only viewers who like what the show has done with Dorne. Seriously, that's not a books vs. TV issue - pretty much everyone hates it, and with good reason.
You were speaking for all tv viewers and guess what, not everyone hated that storyline, was it boring and added nothing until this last episode? Sure, but I personally (and probably others) didn't really mind it, it was there big whoop.
Old 2016-06-28, 17:28   Link #1978
GDB

Not like he can speak for ALL the book readers either. Plenty of people hated it regardless of media preference.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 17:29   Link #1979
Galaxian

Now that Jon is King, can he legitimize himself? He obviously won't because "honor", and his inferiority complex, but could he?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 20:35   Link #1980
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
What's worst is knowing that there WERE more clever plans available to her. I mean Myrcella was actually next in line for the throne. All they had to do was get rid of Tommen before he could produce an heir. if she did not kill her and trystane, the Martell's would pretty much control the iron throne by now. Heck even if she atleast went to Dany instead of having Dany come to her it would have atleast shown SOME thought on her part
They probably needed to kill Cersei as well, as I doubt her daughter gets priority in ruling before Cersei. In any case, they didn't want to have anything to do with the Lannisters. Anything that looks like a compromise would be treason for them. So, whatever happened matches with what they wanted.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo