AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-19, 12:58   Link #21
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

No I think hidan deactivated his jutsu and his link with kakuzu. I've always found it weird that kakashi and shika's team setup all those traps in spot where they just "knew" hidan and kakuzu would be. How did they know that hidan and kakuzu would be at that particular forest (or cliff or valley. I can't really tell where they are) on that particular day? I mean shika set the traps up ahead of time, meaning he laid all the exploding tags, dug a hole, etc. That looks like it took a lot of work and planning. What happens if hidan and kakuzu just don't show up? How did the konoha team just "KNOW" they'd be there?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 13:12   Link #22
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Shika, when about to get bitten by Hidan, counterattacks and traps Hidan by causing him to get tied by the ropes carrying paper bombs. .
Shika counterattacks and traps Hidan by performing "kageyoshi no jutsu" which is Shadow summon and traps Hidan by causing him to get tied by ropes carrying explosive sealss.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 13:18   Link #23
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro View Post
i agree that teh fight may not be over, brilliant move but sending sakura and sai implies more action. As well hidan not seeming to get to the super ninja magic level, maybe he ll summon bijuu or something. its posssible sai and sakura would just come to say hello, then run back to naruto, seems unlikely though
That's true, the point about Sai and Sakura. But there was a real sense of closure to that attack though, with Asuma's image appearing and all. It may not be over yet though, this fight seems be very drawn out. I wonder how much Kishi intends to yo-yo back and forth between Hidan and Shika having the advantage.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 13:34   Link #24
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's true, the point about Sai and Sakura. But there was a real sense of closure to that attack though, with Asuma's image appearing and all. It may not be over yet though, this fight seems be very drawn out. I wonder how much Kishi intends to yo-yo back and forth between Hidan and Shika having the advantage.
Ya personally, i really do hope the fight is over... seriously, that death has some serious closure to it, it would be kinda ruined for them to really drag it out any furthar after that... hopefully kishi is just being realistic by having sai and sakura go to shika, and not implying the the fight isn't over... i mean, it does just make sence that kakashi would want said and sakura to back up shika...

Though two things kinda bug me... the big thing is not knowing the exact nature of hidan's abilities... is it really a god's protection or is it actully somekind of bloodline that hidan only thinks is the power of a god... Another minor thing that bugs me is that shika's victory doesn't seem at all desperate... i mean, ever since shika got hidan alone, shika's been pretty much in control of the entire fight, everything going just as planned... sure it does reflect shika's genius, but that feeling of desperation is just very effective it showing how powerful of a fight it was... it really gives the feeling that the character really did give everything he had t take down the guy... though this is more a minor concern for me, i still prefer the closure of this current ending

Random theory: what if, we could get both of those concerns out of the way... Hidan is finished, however it turns out that his powers are the result of some powerful spirit/god/demon, and with hiden's defeat that demon attempts to lashout at shika with divine wrath... Shika will have to defend himself with sai and sakura coming to back him up and the fight will end in a desperate fight... random theory that just made up, and will probably not bother defending =p... not sure whether or not it would ruin the closure of hidan's finish
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 14:16   Link #25
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
I hope the fight is over. I kind of feel like the end of that fight, with Asuma appearing is kind of like the so-called "end of training." Kind of like his real graduation...his ascencion into full Jedi Knighthood as it were. Now he's truly a full fledged ninja to be reckoned with.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 14:30   Link #26
ajay29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya personally, i really do hope the fight is over... seriously, that death has some serious closure to it, it would be kinda ruined for them to really drag it out any furthar after that... hopefully kishi is just being realistic by having sai and sakura go to shika, and not implying the the fight isn't over... i mean, it does just make sence that kakashi would want said and sakura to back up shika...

Though two things kinda bug me... the big thing is not knowing the exact nature of hidan's abilities... is it really a god's protection or is it actully somekind of bloodline that hidan only thinks is the power of a god... Another minor thing that bugs me is that shika's victory doesn't seem at all desperate... i mean, ever since shika got hidan alone, shika's been pretty much in control of the entire fight, everything going just as planned... sure it does reflect shika's genius, but that feeling of desperation is just very effective it showing how powerful of a fight it was... it really gives the feeling that the character really did give everything he had t take down the guy... though this is more a minor concern for me, i still prefer the closure of this current ending

Random theory: what if, we could get both of those concerns out of the way... Hidan is finished, however it turns out that his powers are the result of some powerful spirit/god/demon, and with hiden's defeat that demon attempts to lashout at shika with divine wrath... Shika will have to defend himself with sai and sakura coming to back him up and the fight will end in a desperate fight... random theory that just made up, and will probably not bother defending =p... not sure whether or not it would ruin the closure of hidan's finish
Concerning the "wrathful god" thing, isnt Hidan's god one that appreciates death, so maybe now Shikamaru will have gained the favour of this Jashin (sp?) religion or god by actually killing the "unkillable" Hidan?....
just a thought....
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 14:32   Link #27
kxnaruto

Maybe Sakura is there to heal Shika after the fight and witness with Sai Shika's victory and revenge. Despite this, I still feel Hidan is coming back somewhy. He seemed too sure of it. It would have been better if Shika took Hidan's head and kept it safe in the village after finding a good way to shut Hidan's mouth up. Also maybe the Akatsuki will reveal some info about Hidan's power as they talk about his death.
kxnaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 14:47   Link #28
Psychotic
Nothing important

I'm just waiting explanation to Kakuzus ability. It feels stupid that someone can grow some damn strings hard as steel out of his body, so fast that even Kakashi with sharingan cant avoid them. That just shouldn't be possible.
Psychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 14:49   Link #29
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
No I think hidan deactivated his jutsu and his link with kakuzu. I've always found it weird that kakashi and shika's team setup all those traps in spot where they just "knew" hidan and kakuzu would be. How did they know that hidan and kakuzu would be at that particular forest (or cliff or valley. I can't really tell where they are) on that particular day? I mean shika set the traps up ahead of time, meaning he laid all the exploding tags, dug a hole, etc. That looks like it took a lot of work and planning. What happens if hidan and kakuzu just don't show up? How did the konoha team just "KNOW" they'd be there?
They spoted them thanks to Ino's jutsu and came ahead of Hidan and Kakuzu.
They set up the trap and ambushed them a little further on their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Another minor thing that bugs me is that shika's victory doesn't seem at all desperate... i mean, ever since shika got hidan alone, shika's been pretty much in control of the entire fight, everything going just as planned... sure it does reflect shika's genius, but that feeling of desperation is just very effective it showing how powerful of a fight it was... it really gives the feeling that the character really did give everything he had t take down the guy... though this is more a minor concern for me, i still prefer the closure of this current ending
Well that was almost a given.
Hidan's fighting style doesn't allow to trad blows or make any mistake. Beating him has to be a flawless victory because if he does so much as scratching you, you are a walking corpse.
A single mistake meaning Shika's death, his plan had to be executed perfectly.

I must admit I'm not sure about Hidan's immediate future right now. Asuma's avenged apparition, Hidan defeated with the same kind of presentation than when Asuma was killed make almost certain that Hidan is done for in a state of angry but burried little pieces of steaming meat.
But then again what the point of reinforcement if there is no one to save?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 14:58   Link #30
Ero-Senn1n

Naruto was quite cool in this chapter. In the last group picture he is standing between the group and Kakuzu, clearly a defending position, it's like he defending everyone. What i found interesting is that even Yamato was standing behind him, in line with the group, so Yamato will be his backup.

I wouldn't be in Hidan's place: if he cannot die he will be trapped there for eternity, that's worse than dieing lol.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 15:03   Link #31
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Can he just go and deactivate this jutsu only by will? I thought the only to ways for him to deactivate it were either at the time the other one is dead, or when he steps completely out of his circle.
There has been nothing to suggest that he can't deactivate it by will... beisdes, it wouldn't really even matter... when it comes down to it, Hidan was being held in the air, not standing in his circle when he was blown to little bits... so even if it wasn't deactivated Kakazu still wouldn't have been effected...
Old 2007-01-19, 15:09   Link #32
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

I have a feeling this is far from over. But still Kakashi said its Shikamaru's fight so maybe it will end here.
Old 2007-01-19, 15:18   Link #33
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Hidan's fighting style doesn't allow to trad blows or make any mistake. Beating him has to be a flawless victory because if he does so much as scratching you, you are a walking corpse.
I don't get what you mean by flawless victory. Normally, any kind of victory can be considered as flawless victory against Hidan, as long as the person stays alive, despite the mistakes. Also, previously, if Kakuzu were to be absent from the fighting scene, despite the countless mistakes - Asuma getting hurt over and over again, Hidan could still be eliminated.
Quote:
But then again what the point of reinforcement if there is no one to save?
Remembering the reinforcements coming for Asuma to achieve nothing, it won't be surprising if the new type of reinforcements achieve the same result. But, still, I won't be surprised if other Akatsuki members show up there.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 15:40   Link #34
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I don't get what you mean by flawless victory. Normally, any kind of victory can be considered as flawless victory against Hidan, as long as the person stays alive, despite the mistakes.
I think he meant flawless as In not been Injured by Hidan so your Blood is not in the reach of Him.
Old 2007-01-19, 15:54   Link #35
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
While true, i'm not sure if shika needed to be hurt in order to get that sence of desperation...for instance, in sakura's fight against Sasori you had pretty much the same "can't get hit" deal; even if you took out the few parts where they did get hit, the overall fight would still have a strong sence of desperation... I mean, the thing that really makes it all feel as though shika wasn't desperate was the fact that everything was planned out and that everything went acording to plan... The only thing nessasary to create that sence of desperation would be shika's plans blowing up in his face (pun not intended)... Bascially with shika on the run desperatly trying to make up a plan on the fly. It all helps give the strong sence that shika might not make and even he himself knows it... as opposed to what we got where shika pretty much knew he was gonna make, since it was all planned out... it just all adds more suspence and really give you a sence of how tough that battle truely was... but like i said, i'd rather have an ending with damn good closure first and foremost; which is what that end had...
Old 2007-01-19, 16:58   Link #36
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnin View Post
I doubt anyone will let Naruto go up against Kakuzu alone! Still it will definately be interesting to see what he's got now.

Maybe once Hidan's situation has been revealed we'll finally see Sai fight for real.
Well, who else is there left to stop him? Kakashi's winded; Yamato has to be winded (trying to keep Kyubi under control and then jumping straight to battle); Naruto's kind of forced into it because Kakuzu isn't stopping to take a break.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 17:10   Link #37
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
Well, who else is there left to stop him? Kakashi's winded; Yamato has to be winded (trying to keep Kyubi under control and then jumping straight to battle); Naruto's kind of forced into it because Kakuzu isn't stopping to take a break.
I don't think Ino will be useful due to her abilities, other than trying to heal Kakashi, but Chouji is still there. I am sure he wouldn't want to join a mission because of being a friend of Shika, and end the mission only as a meat ball, like the way he has hated... But, I hope we don't see Yamato trying to keep Naruto under control, he won't be with Naruto all the time, so Naruto needs to rely on his strength to stop Kyuubi's interference...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 17:58   Link #38
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

the other way around would be better. having a clone gain experience while he's fighting, that kid gots somes realys staminas

hmm but interesting could naruto be any better of a fight now than he was before, because he learned wind manipulation
learning a move can't make u superman.

aslo anyone notice that Kakazu is one hell of a strong opponent.
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 18:50   Link #39
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
I'm not sure yamato's winded. For one thing, I don't think his kyubi chakra suppression is a passive ability (ie always on). I think its something he turns on and off, turning it on when naruto says "hey I need help!!!" and then yamato dose his thing. Its been a while since naruto has been banging around with 200 clones. Lately he seems to be using only 3 and without the need of much help. Naruto can already control kyubi chakra pretty well and even with the 200 clones drawing like max chakra from him, he only needed yamato's help occasionally (remember the dragons biting the kyubi tails?). I doubt that yamato will be accompanying him on every trip outside the village from this point on. No, yamato's not winded at all. He's just fine.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 19:57   Link #40
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Naruto aka (new) Yellow Flash goodluck!

He already looks different...i can tell (mentally then...normally he'd shout at people...this time he acted cool...stayed calm...and Sai/Sakura&Yamato are confident that he is "that" powerfull)

This oughtta be good