AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-17, 08:39   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
I heard, there'll be another S1 OST, which contain all unreleased songs.
It'll be released along with the S1 Blue-Ray.
Yeah that was announced. Still waiting for it.
Old 2009-10-17, 15:42   Link #22
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
That announcement is pure awesome!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-17, 22:14   Link #23
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Lol it took them that long to release it now?

Can't wait then
Old 2009-10-18, 16:57   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

No posting torrents on the forum. Please delete your post.
Old 2009-10-19, 00:09   Link #25
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Damn the OP is very good...

And what happened with BONES? Does they sign an eternal contract for Abingdon Boys School? Looks like everytime Abingdon Boys School release a single, Bones will use it...
Old 2009-10-19, 17:26   Link #26
Solafighter
Hige

This new release of the new OST is brilliant. Finaly, all awsomeness music tracks in fantastic high quality. haaa, so great~~~

And the OP song of the 2nd season is also not bad. I like it so far.
And the ED song of the 2nd season is like the new ost, awsomeness.
Old 2009-10-20, 08:36   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

After such a long wait, the piece i wanted didn't even appear in the 5.1 release. How unlucky i am..
Old 2009-10-20, 20:04   Link #28
aardvark

Just got the 5.1 OST

at first glance, I thought there was only 6 new pieces of music, but after going through the tracks, there seems to be about 12 or 13 new ones mixed in with some of the 1st OST (its missing the TV size OP and ED, and a few other tracks)

in any case, glad to have more music from the first season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
After such a long wait, the piece i wanted didn't even appear in the 5.1 release. How unlucky i am..
Which one? I was glad to find some of the ones I wanted, but im sure im not remembering some that arent included as well
Old 2009-10-21, 03:41   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Which one? I was glad to find some of the ones I wanted, but im sure im not remembering some that arent included as well
The piano piece used a number of times during Huang's arc, especially during the flashback scenes.
Old 2009-10-21, 04:03   Link #30
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Watched the PV for Tsukiakari no Michishirube. Nice. Looking forward to the singles
Old 2009-10-21, 15:59   Link #31
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Errgghh.. Better be on the lookout for those unreleased music pieces. Unless the music where Hei faces that DGSE agent wasn't there...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-21, 17:47   Link #32
Peachilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Errgghh.. Better be on the lookout for those unreleased music pieces. Unless the music where Hei faces that DGSE agent wasn't there...
Is that Louis from episode 1? If so, then don't worry, it's on there. (Track 21 I believe - "Total Eclipse". I was waiting for that one too, haha.)
Old 2009-10-21, 18:57   Link #33
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yeah. Am listening to it right now.

Old 2009-10-23, 08:38   Link #34
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm kind of disappointed in the opening by Stereopony in the same way I was disappointed in their opening for Gundam 00 Second Season. Their music is just too lacking in power and honestly I think belongs as an ending theme.
agree with you. their songs dont seem to be the best for OPs but somehow they end up having their share in two of my favourite shows - Gundam 00 and Darker than Black. it feels like a punch is missing and it just doesnt rock enough (with the anime)

anyways, i guess i will skip it to watch the show directly.

however, ED song seems very opposite to me and once again Abingdon boys school+DTB rocked together absolutely I'm so addicted to this ED song now!

im quite surprised to hear someone saying DTB OP/EDs are average. Season 1 OP/EDs were some of the best and I still get people joining in watching anime when i show them the 2nd OP of last season (the hero without a name)!
Old 2009-10-23, 15:58   Link #35
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'm loving both the OP and the ED for S2, in S1 I only liked the openings, the endings were a bit slow. But I was also loving the BGM in episode 3, especially the techno beat while Suou was crawling on top of the train and everything was exploding.
Old 2009-10-24, 10:29   Link #36
Battler-kun

All in all now:

Opening 1 season 1 : ~90%
Opening 1 season 2 : ~70%

Just watched the video for the op1 s1 again and it was way more fitting and artistically better.

---------------------

I am still sad that there is no Yoko Kanno (and no Yamane Mai)in S2.

"No One's Home - Yamane Mai" is just so beautifull.
Old 2009-10-24, 13:06   Link #37
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It's probably all in what kind of music you like. I didn't know Stereopony before, not being a devotee of either Gundam or Bleach, but now I'm a big fan. This may be my favorite OP of the new season. I listen to it over and over again.

I love this kind of music, with a real melody, and a melancholy "high and distant" sound in the voice. I think Aimi is da bomb. She really makes the song she wrote work. She manipulates the vocal rhythms beautifully.

For me, abingdon boys school is good, and I do understand the idea that their harder, less melodic music suits a dark show, and an OP. But nothing I have heard them do really reaches me.

The Stereopony song suits this second season partly because the season has that softer, more lyrical side that some people are finding a problem with the show. And anyway, there is an edge of melancholy in Stereopony that is also an aspect of DtB.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-10-24, 17:27   Link #38
arcticphoenix16

I loved the OP on first hear. It suits our current main character Suou better than any darker song that would've suited Hei, but not for Suou.
Old 2009-10-26, 04:42   Link #39
xKeen

In the first episode,the appearance of hei along with the techno(i suck at genre's) was really fitting.
Old 2009-10-26, 09:02   Link #40
Battler-kun

Oh god, that was so flashy in eps. 3 when Mao as a squirrel (doesn't look like a mao...) jumped off from the train onto Suou.

The music was really, what should i say....disgusting. Thre was obviously some voice with it, but didn't understand a word.
Gladly it turned to an atleast acceptable beat-sound when switching the scene to Hei.

I hope, i won't hear that flashy music once again.
Closed Thread