AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 01:45   Link #17921
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
And shes been looking for a dance partner ever since Clare killed Rigardo, that bitch.
Old 2012-02-16, 01:49   Link #17922
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Yeap, they CAN draw a pic to comment.

^The top white box is the add comment area (with two "comments" above them), and lower is the options/tools part. Basic tools though, just color options with decent choices for shading, then opacity (100%, 50%, >50%), pen width, and pen shape.

Most posters just draw cute text though and add heart or something, but it seems (based off the Claymore pics anyways) that many artists actually add their own comments about well, whatever (sorry but I can't read Japanese ), and many have it in the form of characters talking to each other between the comments . It's weird but at the same time a nice bonus after finding a good pic.
That's.....I don't even know what to say to that

I mean, it figures that most people just draw little hearts or something, but still....I guess I just can't understand because I'm not an artist whatsoever and the best drawings I can make are stick-figures and doodles...but can you imagine how much time it must take to make just one comment if you had to draw every single time?

Unless you're an very talented and/or passionate artist, I can't imagine most people getting into that kind of website.

===

Heh, that's such a great movie MisterJB...haven't seen in it ages
Old 2012-02-16, 02:09   Link #17923
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
And shes been looking for a dance partner ever since Clare killed Rigardo, that bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
You're a fan of MiriaxRigardo? MisterJB isn't alone after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of this old joke Shieky then being a true MiriaxRigardo fan... though of course JB would offer himself as her next partner even though he is a MiriaxRigardo fan.

Spoiler for PICS... all credit goes to Raikiri on Naruto Forums Claymore Thread:
Old 2012-02-16, 02:20   Link #17924
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of this old joke Shieky then being a true MiriaxRigardo fan... though of course JB would offer himself as her next partner even though he is a MiriaxRigardo fan.

Spoiler for PICS... all credit goes to Raikiri on Naruto Forums Claymore Thread:
Wow that story was........just wow I dont even know.
Old 2012-02-16, 11:02   Link #17925
In Flamez

Quote:

I had some laughs reading through those. Although I don't know how they think of this stuff, haha.
Old 2012-02-16, 13:40   Link #17926
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Wow, I haven't seen those pictures in ages

Wonder if anybody still has some "GET IN THE CAR!!!" pictures
Old 2012-02-17, 23:21   Link #17927
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^I still have a ton of "GET IN THE CAR!!!!" pics but I'll save posting them for another day since right now I got new pics to post instead (save the get in the car pics for a slower day with less no new pics to post)

^These pics where stated to be unfinished/abandoned by the artists but I posted the most complete versions of them (the 1st was posted today, the second was posted over a year ago so fat chance of that one getting completed... which sucks since it's really good )

^More of that upcoming cosplay, that will be at Katsucon this weekend (expect more pics of it after )

^These two look familiar (not sure if I've seen the pic before or the artists other work ), they might be reposts or maybe not (anyways found them on baidu, in someone's image archive, unsourced... sigh would have liked to have seen more of this artists work)

^and this pic is just by far the best pic of this batch
Old 2012-02-18, 00:09   Link #17928
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

That last picture is interesting; I'm assuming it's made by the same person who made this one:

Spoiler for size:

This new one though...it looks weird because the "umbrella" looks mushroom-shaped and it doesn't seem like it's covering them very good ...unless she's only covering herself and Dauf doesn't mind getting wet (or maybe he does >_< )

I don't think it's even really an umbrella....just a weird thing that Riful just felt like making 0_o

Nice Claire and Galatea images in particular there.
Old 2012-02-18, 13:27   Link #17929
limao
DeAd

Spoiler for Naked Pris...err...I mean Awakened Pris :p:

She lost the line where she was reading, nobody is perfect
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 12:18   Link #17930
little_angel
Watching From Above

new and some could be reposts: (I know the symbols in some are wrong)
Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-02-20, 09:39   Link #17931
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Spoiler for Volume 19 coloring... NSFW:

Old 2012-02-20, 12:17   Link #17932
limao
DeAd

Spoiler for Final Fantasy Armor:

Looks like a Claymore outfit doesn't it?
Old 2012-02-20, 12:28   Link #17933
Ryus
The One Eyed King

No... full body armor rules out it being Claymore armor. Plus the feathers cape attached butt don't quite look like a cape Claymore's wear
Old 2012-02-20, 12:31   Link #17934
Miria<3

Funny about that final fantasy gal, is that she's called Claire too, and In the claymore anime there were crimson lotusses in the ending cutscene, which this Claire is also seen in quite often!
Miria<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 13:20   Link #17935
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post
new and some could be reposts: (I know the symbols in some are wrong)
Spoiler for size:
Lots of good Flora images, especially the second-to-last one

Quote:
Spoiler for Volume 19 coloring... NSFW:

Another collection of new stuff , that picture of Miria in the snow is my personal favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post
Spoiler for Final Fantasy Armor:

Looks like a Claymore outfit doesn't it?
Roflmao, not even close...way waaaaay too much armor; the Claymore outfit is largely just a bodysuit with some small armor pieces...having too much armor is unnecessary given their superhuman qualities; I mean, that character has a shield for crying out loud which is completely unnecessary.

No, they have a shield...and those feathers? Seems to me like they were going for a nordic Valkyre more then anything else.

Problem with that outfit, and Final Fantasy as a whole, is that they always have been "trying to hard to be cool" for decades now...they focus too much on the superficial stuff, like "cool" outfits, presentation and effects, rather then for once trying to make an original and interesting story...instead using the same character archetypes again and again (and again).

Does the outfit look cool? Yeah it does, even if it's a bit much....but no, doesn't resemble a Claymore's outfit at all.
Old 2012-02-20, 13:23   Link #17936
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
that picture of Miria in the snow is my personal favorite
Mine too

I thought everyone was going to be loving on the Galatea x Miria in dresses pic due to the art level but personally I just loved the feel of the Miria in the graveyard even though the robe isn't quite the cloak they wore but a sexy bath robe.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:43   Link #17937
Ouvea

This one caught my interest. It's one of the better light hearted depictions of Claymores. It's nice to see something really artistic that doesn't involve ridiculously over accentuating the female body

http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/928436
Ouvea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 08:21   Link #17938
limao
DeAd

Quote:
Roflmao, not even close...way waaaaay too much armor; the Claymore outfit is largely just a bodysuit with some small armor pieces...having too much armor is unnecessary given their superhuman qualities; I mean, that character has a shield for crying out loud which is completely unnecessary.
Following the XIII line, that armor probably is an eidolon, she must be wearing a "thing"

Anyways, Claymore's armor is 100% redundant as far as I know since it offers no protection against other claymores/yoma slashes, it's quite common seeing the armor sliced like butter instead of creased. Mostly it's part of the uniform, that's its only purpose, Its like their suit, If they wandered around naked it would make no difference to them, it's just a matter of image, what would the villagers think if the warrior org sent were naked? They would think they kill yoma through massive bodybleed (yoma nosebleed version)

Last edited by limao; 2012-02-21 at 08:32.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:44   Link #17939
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Following the XIII line, that armor probably is an eidolon, she must be wearing a "thing"

Anyways, Claymore's armor is 100% redundant as far as I know since it offers no protection against other claymores/yoma slashes, it's quite common seeing the armor sliced like butter instead of creased. Mostly it's part of the uniform, that's its only purpose, Its like their suit, If they wandered around naked it would make no difference to them, it's just a matter of image, what would the villagers think if the warrior org sent were naked? They would think they kill yoma through massive bodybleed (yoma nosebleed version)
Well, there was an occurrence in an early chapter where Clare used her wrist guard to deflect a Yoma's claw, but that's the only time Claymore armor was even remotely useful.
And a Claymore wandering naked would more likely cause retching, heart attacks, and traumatize men so much they'd swear off women forever, hence leading to the extinction of mankind on the island.
Weird D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 12:55   Link #17940
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:

*shrug, I can understand that...but their's even less sense in piling on more and more armor and inhibiting their flexibility and motion, especially when skill and swiftness is more important. Thing is, it's not really an "armor" per se as much as it is a uniform....the Ghost's outfit takes it even further -- their is no armor at all, and it's just a black sexy looking outfit .

But yes, the Claymore outfit is just that, an outfit -- something to wear for others to recognize you as a warrior...not really something meant to protect you.

It could simply be a feminine thing....that, because they are girls, they wear less armor as they are less bulky and to help them be more fluid -- Raki however, if we are too assume he's wearing a Male's uniform...is more bulky and has much more armor-pieces; as we saw him use a wrist-guard to block a Yoma's attacks.

*shrug, who knows...Durability is strangely the one thing that Claymore's aren't improved with, so you might think that the MiB would compensate for this by making a tough armor...it could be because Yagi wants to make the story as viseral as possible and doesn't want anything impeding any limb-slicing, so he cuts them out *shrug

Who knows; something to think about though.

Tags
images