Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-07-09, 18:41   Link #2101
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Hopefully, Hiddink (who will take over Van Gaal's place as coach when he leaves) can finish where we left off in four years from now.
Going to be difficult with Robben, Sneijder and Van Persie at 30 this year, although Robben seems to have unlimited stamina, you got an aging offensive core that probably played their last world cup.

Granted, Netherland have one of the better if not best youth academy out there so I'm really looking forward to what they bring out for the next euro.
Old 2014-07-09, 19:41   Link #2102
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
the support will go to Germany, but I little group will support Argentina just so the cup doesn't go to Europe.
I support Argentina as well since Jose María Basanta plays in the current team that has qualified for the final match, and also because Argentina's the only South American team left to defend Latin American pride.

I also don't want a European team conquering the World Cup in South American soil.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 19:58   Link #2103
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, that's disappointing. argentina have been very average, except for glimpses when they've won their games..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 20:06   Link #2104
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I posted that yesterday and I still can't stop laughing.

My favorite was when JR shouted "YOU SON OF A BITCH! WHY?! TELL ME WHY!!!" Still an honorable mention to "Oh, somebody stop the damn match! Enough's enough."

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-07-09 at 22:59.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 21:54   Link #2105
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So Brazil's biggest rival is Argentina?
Old 2014-07-09, 22:15   Link #2106
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
yes, here a link for more information=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argenti...otball_rivalry
Old 2014-07-09, 23:10   Link #2107
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I posted that yesterday and I still can't stop laughing.

My favorite was when JR shouted "YOU SON OF A BITCH! WHY?! TELL ME WHY!!!" Still an honorable mention to "Oh, somebody stop the damn match! Enough's enough."
You know, the World Cup would have been much more fun if Jim Ross takes the commentator mic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 23:33   Link #2108
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Dude, just check this commmercial out to give you an idea how much serious is the Brazil-Argentina rivalry:
Hilariously funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02d2sw_l-xY
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 23:40   Link #2109
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
You know, the World Cup would have been much more fun if Jim Ross takes the commentator mic.
That's true for sure.

Just the fact that he says "What the hell is this?", you want to see what happens next.
Old 2014-07-10, 02:10   Link #2110
Lutz2

To bad that Netherlands had lost to Argentinia i really wanted to see this again. *lol*
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ch_rivalry.jpg

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-07-12 at 22:45. Reason: Use the images tag instead.
Lutz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 05:28   Link #2111
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The Brazilian fans will be supporting Germany overwhelmingly - most of them would root for Al Qaeda if they were in a match with Argentina. Of course Argentina will have a sizeable contingent of their own fans, larger than Germany, but the Brazilians who bought tickets will probably support Germany by at least 20-1.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 06:20   Link #2112
Elazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The Brazilian fans will be supporting Germany overwhelmingly - most of them would root for Al Qaeda if they were in a match with Argentina. Of course Argentina will have a sizeable contingent of their own fans, larger than Germany, but the Brazilians who bought tickets will probably support Germany by at least 20-1.
Truth. But I bet the odds will be at least 300 - 1.
Old 2014-07-10, 08:30   Link #2113
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Well, wanted to see Netherlands and Germany final. On a positive note, I won't be conflicted on which team to cheer for. Win this one Germany!
Old 2014-07-10, 10:28   Link #2114
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I thought about whether to put this in the regular football thread, but given that the 1-7 mauling of Brazil is still fresh on everyone's minds, I figured the clip could belong here.

Quote:
How many amateur players are needed to beat a top-division team?

Golden Goal gathered 20 friends to see if doubling the amount of players was enough to beat Oslo's best football team Valerenga in a friendly match.

Imagine playing against 22 players, including the two goalkeepers guarding the goal. Who do you think emerged victorious?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 10:33   Link #2115
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i really hope argentina doesn't win. i don't have to deal with "messi is the best player ever" for the rest of my life.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-07-10, 11:36   Link #2116
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Even if Argentina don't win, you'll still hear it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 16:50   Link #2117
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Even if Argentina don't win, you'll still hear it.
That makes me wonder if Argentinian and Brazilian superstars need so badly that king of attention to the point FIFA's PR machine keep rooting for these guys. I can't recall the last time the worldwide media are praising (virtually ass-kissing) that much for someone who is not South American. I would love it if the next FIFA poster boy can be German, Dutch or French for a change.
Old 2014-07-10, 18:10   Link #2118
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That makes me wonder if Argentinian and Brazilian superstars need so badly that king of attention to the point FIFA's PR machine keep rooting for these guys. I can't recall the last time the worldwide media are praising (virtually ass-kissing) that much for someone who is not South American. I would love it if the next FIFA poster boy can be German, Dutch or French for a change.
I asssume this is directed at Messi and Neymar? Messi is understandable for his achievement outside on club level and Neymar, he's just an easy target for media and fan who needs a face for their team. He has potential but he's definitely not there yet among great Brazilian players like Ronaldo, Kaka and etc.

More often than not, these superstar media treatment are more for commercial reason than player/nation ego. Messi and Brazil is an easy brand to sell.
Old 2014-07-10, 18:23   Link #2119
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, its also a team vs solo player mentality. ronaldo is the closest comparison for a european player. europe normally doesn't produce players who can do ridiculous dribbles, and those who can normally don't make runs like that.

Old 2014-07-10, 18:48   Link #2120
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I asssume this is directed at Messi and Neymar? Messi is understandable for his achievement outside on club level and Neymar, he's just an easy target for media and fan who needs a face for their team. He has potential but he's definitely not there yet among great Brazilian players like Ronaldo, Kaka and etc.

More often than not, these superstar media treatment are more for commercial reason than player/nation ego. Messi and Brazil is an easy brand to sell.
Not only Messi and Neymar. Over the years before that, Kaka, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo had that kind of treatment around them. It was almost as if the media only had eyes for them while I was asking "where's the basketload of praise for the likes of Zidane? Thierry Henry? Or even Oliver Kahn in his prime?" I've never seen FIFA using these other guys as poster boys, especially Zidane, although they were legitimate candidates for mass worldwide adoration.

I was asking that because every time I see media attention shifting towards certain individuals, it's more often than not towards an Argentine or a Brazilian. There are top quality players coming from more than just from those 2 countries. I hope nobody will tell me that it's not sexy if it's not South American.