AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-30, 19:03   Link #1
Leux13

Smile Alittle late but....

Hi! Its my first time posting on this forum. I know its a bit late, but i just finished Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. I liked, it had alot of emotion. The one thing i didn't like was the how Takayuki choose Mizuki instead of Haruka. THAT's right I am a Haruka supporter! Anyway I heard there was a "Haruka" ending, that they didn't make. Is it true? If it is how does the story end in the game if Takayuki choose Haruka? Someone plz tell this has been bothering me for awhile !
Old 2004-03-30, 19:22   Link #2
Pheiverave

*SMACK* er...hi....its a personal thing....
Old 2004-03-30, 21:04   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Akane "hidden wife" ending all the way!
Old 2004-03-30, 21:12   Link #4
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

In the game, basically, every female character has 2+ endings....
Mitsuki had about 6 bad endings if you believe it.
Old 2004-03-30, 21:22   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
In the game, basically, every female character has 2+ endings....
Mitsuki had about 6 bad endings if you believe it.
And her "true ending" was the worse of all because she ended up with Takayuki! Um... err... no wait...

And, welcome Leux13 - always nice to meet a fellow Haruka supporter! Don't mind the insanity... people are fairly opinionated when it comes to the ending of KgNE! I hope that one day the KgNE game will get translated so we can all experience all the different possible endings for ourselves.
Old 2004-03-30, 23:14   Link #6
Leux13

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
And her "true ending" was the worse of all because she ended up with Takayuki! Um... err... no wait...

And, welcome Leux13 - always nice to meet a fellow Haruka supporter! Don't mind the insanity... people are fairly opinionated when it comes to the ending of KgNE! I hope that one day the KgNE game will get translated so we can all experience all the different possible endings for ourselves.
Lol, Thanks for the welcome relentlessflame. Yeah I hope they make a translated version soon. I want to see the other endings! I thought the Mizuki ending for the anime was kinda incomplete. Call me a sucker but I thought Tayayuki should've been faithful to Haruka. They should've finished the series with the true ending, but then we wouldn't have a story would we? Now I'm confused :P
Old 2004-03-31, 01:38   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leux13
Lol, Thanks for the welcome relentlessflame. Yeah I hope they make a translated version soon. I want to see the other endings! I thought the Mizuki ending for the anime was kinda incomplete. Call me a sucker but I thought Tayayuki should've been faithful to Haruka. They should've finished the series with the true ending, but then we wouldn't have a story would we? Now I'm confused :P
Well, the ending shown in the anime is considered the "true ending" from the game, but they really cut it short compared to the game, I understand. There are a few other threads in this section of the forums talking about the anime's ending and comparing it to the game.

As you may already know (and forgive me if you already know all this), these types of games have many possible different endings depending on your choices. Essentially you play the role of the main character (Takayuki) and you can choose various things that affect your relationship with the various girls. There are happy endings and often sad endings for each of the different characters. Often times, in story-heavy games like this one, there is one ending which is labelled the "true ending", which is how the authors originally imagined the story working (in this case, that's what the anime's ending was based on). That doesn't mean, though, that it will be your favorite ending! If I ever get the chance to play the game, I also will be trying for Haruka's best ending right away!
Old 2004-03-31, 02:01   Link #8
dreamless

I think what the anime cut most from the game is not the ending, but the beginning. They cut almost everything from the highschool chapter, which is about more than a third of the content of the game. in the anime it becomes... about one seventh... and because of the cut, characters like Haruka and Akane are seriously under-developed.

About the "one true ending" of the game, I personally think there's nothing such as that exist. Every character has a "true ending". Also debating whether "Haruka true ending" or "Mitsuki true ending" is the "true ending of the game" is very likely to turn into a flame war in those forums.
Old 2004-03-31, 02:27   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
About the "one true ending" of the game, I personally think there's nothing such as that exist. Every character has a "true ending". Also debating whether "Haruka true ending" or "Mitsuki true ending" is the "true ending of the game" is very likely to turn into a flame war in those forums.
Oh, seriously? Sorry about that - I was misinformed then. I thought that the Mitsuki ending was considered the game's true ending. As I said, I haven't played this game yet, so everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. If all of the characters have "true endings" (and not just "best endings"), then so much the better!
Old 2004-03-31, 02:59   Link #10
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Oh, seriously? Sorry about that - I was misinformed then. I thought that the Mitsuki ending was considered the game's true ending. As I said, I haven't played this game yet, so everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. If all of the characters have "true endings" (and not just "best endings"), then so much the better!
actually, the word "true ending" doesn't appear in the game itself. it's just "mitsuki dog end", "mitsuki slave end", "akane pregnant end" (which are, obvious, not so good endings, but then they are not directly labeled "badend"), and things like "mitsuki badend - mitsuki pregnant", "akane badend1 - haruka hidden wife end" (which are bad endings for sure), but then there's always something like "mitsuki end", "haruka end", "akane end" for each character, which are considered "true endings" for them I think.
Old 2004-03-31, 03:07   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
actually, the word "true ending" doesn't appear in the game itself. it's just "mitsuki dog end", "mitsuki slave end", "akane pregnant end" (which are, obvious, not so good endings, but then they are not directly labeled "badend"), and things like "mitsuki badend - mitsuki pregnant", "akane badend1 - haruka hidden wife end" (which are bad endings for sure), but then there's always something like "mitsuki end", "haruka end", "akane end" for each character, which are considered "true endings" for them I think.
Oh I see. That's neat. Out of curiosity, how many different endings are there in all? With so many different possibilities, it sounds like it would be tough to get the ending you want on your first try!
Old 2004-03-31, 03:23   Link #12
dreamless

I think the DVD version of the game has 17 different endings, never managed to get all the endings myself...

My first try end up with mitsuki dog end, then second try akane goes into coma end, lol.
Old 2004-03-31, 07:35   Link #13
kujoe
from head to heel

Hmmm, are you sure there is no "true" game ending to the story itself? I know it's really up to the person to make his/her personal choice with regard to the 17 endings, but I think--at least storywise--Mitsuki's ending is more fitting and makes more sense--especially when you consider that hontou no takaramono scene in the end.

I heard that Haruka's ending was that everything just went back to normal like it was during their high school years and Takayuki ends up with Haruka, as if nothing happened at all. (clarification anyone?) And that just totally blows it out of proportion in my opinion. So, why did people start calling Mitsuki's end the "true ending" then?
Old 2004-03-31, 11:11   Link #14
dreamless

Quote:
So, why did people start calling Mitsuki's end the "true ending" then?
As far as I know, there are about equal amount of people calling Mitsuki's end the "true ending" as that of people calling Haruka's end the "true ending", as there are as many mitsuki fans as there's haruka fans...

Quote:
I heard that Haruka's ending was that everything just went back to normal like it was during their high school years and Takayuki ends up with Haruka, as if nothing happened at all.
Well, it's more like that Takayuki found out the one he really loves is Haruka, and Mitsuki finally accepts it... okay this is a fairy-tale kind of happy ending and it indeed blows, but I find the Mitsuki's "reading hontou no takaramono and crying before her child" ending also blows. So I guess which ending is the "true ending" really is just to each of their own opinion.
Old 2004-03-31, 11:57   Link #15
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I actually prefered the good-Mitsuki ending, not because I'm a Mitsuki fan
(Haruka all the way!), but because it was the only ending that showed
Haruka's story book. If I could figure out how to rip that ED sequence I
would be very happy. That and the television ending didn't do her story
book justice at all, they basically skipped three quarters of it.
Old 2004-03-31, 12:57   Link #16
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
So I guess which ending is the "true ending" really is just to each of their own opinion.
But as an ero game, doesn't it have a central story path or a "default" ending--an ending, that the writer(s) originally intended? If what you're saying is true, then it makes me all the more curious why the main staff of the series chose Mitsuki's true ending over Haruka's, considering that the ending of the latter seems to be more reconcilable and marketable to a mainstream audience.

I prefer the Mitsuki ending too, because it seemed to fit better with the vibe of the story. Having an ironic title which basically means, "the eternity you wish for" in light of the issue of having to move on, just made Mitsuki's true ending more appealing and meaningful to me.
Old 2004-03-31, 13:18   Link #17
Leux13

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
But as an ero game, doesn't it have a central story path or a "default" ending--an ending, that the writer(s) originally intended? If what you're saying is true, then it makes me all the more curious why the main staff of the series chose Mitsuki's true ending over Haruka's, considering that the ending of the latter seems to be more reconcilable and marketable to a mainstream audience.

I prefer the Mitsuki ending too, because it seemed to fit better with the vibe of the story. Having an ironic title which basically means, "the eternity you wish for" in light of the issue of having to move on, just made Mitsuki's true ending more appealing and meaningful to me.
Yeah, Mitsuki's ending seems to have more meaning and emotion with the book scene. But if u really think about it, everyone failed in life. Takayuki i guess sorta quits school and end up wroking as a waiter in a restaurant, Mitsuki quits swimming which ruins her chance to get into college and Haruka basically misses three years of her life which she can't relive. The only character taht didnt' completely blow off school was Shinji. But then again Takayuki gets a better job, Mitsuki is finally with Takayuki and Haruka achieves her dream of publishing her own picture books. Call me a sucker but i rather prefer the fairy tale story ending with Haruka and Takayuki. It just seems "more right." Its sad how everyone splits up at the end, but i guess thats what happens in real life huh?
Old 2004-03-31, 13:51   Link #18
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
But as an ero game, doesn't it have a central story path or a "default" ending--an ending, that the writer(s) originally intended?
Not necessarily, especially since KGNE is a dating sim type of game, and this type of games usually don't have a "central story path". However they usually do have a heroine #1, but it's common that some "side heroines" have better developed and more emotional stories than the story for the "heroine #1". ie. Akane in KGNE for me

whether it's ero game or not does not matter, since ero game just means there are, well, ero scenes in the game, and that's nothing to do with the story. There are many linear ero games with a central story (Words Worth, Dragon Knight, etc.), as there are many non-linear ero games without a central story (Kanon, Popotan, etc.), or even some to the extreme, no story at all

And in KGNE, it doesn't even have a single "heroine #1", both Haruka and Mitsuki are "heroine #1" so to speak. That's the official word from Age Soft AFAIK. If you just HAVE to choose a single "heroine #1", then it's more favorable for Haruka.

1) in the ending credits, Haruka goes first before Mitsuki. And we all know in most cases the first one listed in credits is the main heroine.
2) in most publications with descriptions for this game, at least those that I can get hold of, they show descriptions of Haruka first, over Mitsuki.
3) in most game guides, the Haruka path/ending is the first one, before Mitsuki. And we know that the "true ending" of this kind of games most likely get listed as the first or last ending in a game guide, Mitsuki's ending is neither.

And AFAIK, the only arguments for Mitsuki ending being the "true ending" is that

1) some fans claim it's the true ending, which holds no more credibility than my claim of the Akane ending being the true ending.
2) the TV anime shows roughly the Mitsuki ending (which is different from the Mitsuki ending in the game) as the anime ending. which again holds no more credibility than that Kanon's Ayu ending being true ending fiasco, not to mention the anime buthers the highschool chapter which means it buthers a lot in-game character development for Haruka and reduced Haruka side story a lot, which in turn supports the "anime director is a mitsuki fanboy" theory...

All in all, I don't see any credible evidence showing Mitsuki's ending being the "true game ending". And I always consider TV animes to be different and separate from the games. Also the anime ending doesn't really strictly follow the Mitsuki end from the game anyway...
Old 2004-03-31, 14:55   Link #19
kujoe
from head to heel

That's an interesting piece of information you have there. The games I have encountered or have at least have seen tend to have a character who's obviously the central heroine. You can practically recognize her from the rest of the cast. It's also quite refreshing that the anime went along with Mitsuki's path, because Haruka really looked like the central heroine at first.

Quote:
which in turn supports the "anime director is a mitsuki fanboy" theory...
Well, as they say--when you've got the power...
Old 2004-03-31, 15:36   Link #20
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'm not saying the Mitsuki ending is the true ending but in support of it, at
least in the game, Mitsuki seems to be the central character in the game (or
at least the failsafe character). No matter how poorly you treat her it is
almost always possible to get a Mitsuki ending in the game. She is the default
character you end up with and from the games I've played it seems that, to
me at least, those characters tend to be the primary characters and recieve
the best endings or the endings that hold most true to the game's theme.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Closed Thread