AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 21:58   Link #661
skyhack

Goodness. Kairin. My, you've grown.

Signed,

Lecherous Uncle.
skyhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 02:00   Link #662
sosanimeboy

Send a message via AIM to sosanimeboy Send a message via MSN to sosanimeboy Send a message via Yahoo to sosanimeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
As promised, a full version of the latest Kairin portrait (by Aurora / Tida) from the font page:
Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.

Also, thank you riderz, for the post above. Always like to see more Kairin fan art
I'm getting major Tsunade vibes from this, even though her bust isn't nearly as big.

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:01.
sosanimeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 07:11   Link #663
Aikousha
^_^

Kairin did a Dragonball-Z?

That was a surprise, opening up the home page... Kairin grew up fast! And I approve of her outfit color choices. I'd never be able to fit that outfit like that, but I'd love to cosplay in something similar.
Aikousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 04:43   Link #664
Seitsuki
Onee!

Ahh.. nostalgia. I remember the first time I posted here.

Grown up? Never! Obligatory response.

Spoiler for Forever young:

...or maybe that's just me feeling old. It has been a year. orz

Here's to us.
Old 2012-01-28, 03:05   Link #665
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.
Elegent Kairin

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:01.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 04:00   Link #666
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Holy jeebus, that's what I call gorgeous art.
Old 2012-05-08, 00:23   Link #667
velderia
Former NEET.

Spoiler for Conceptual Sketches - Winter Kairin:
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 14:33   Link #668
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Those are lovely, thanks for sharing them with us
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 19:25   Link #669
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

You guys motivated me to start drawing again this summer, so here's a gift of thanks: my first work of the summer!

1395x2053 (Original):
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

679x1000 (Downscaled):
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"Onsen" Kairin, I guess?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 08:39   Link #670
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

That's a very good drawing! I'm liking the outfit design, looks like a Kunoichi outfit IMO.
But I also think it doesn't really match the place (onsen) I think at least making her barefeet would be better.
Old 2013-06-26, 21:11   Link #671
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
That's a very good drawing! I'm liking the outfit design, looks like a Kunoichi outfit IMO.
But I also think it doesn't really match the place (onsen) I think at least making her barefeet would be better.
Thanks! I agree about the slight mismatch. Originally, she was supposed to be holding a Wakizashi or short sword on one hand and its sheath on the other. Believe it or not, I was actually going for a kunoichi type look, but at the same time I wanted to maintain some of the traditional look, based off of the current Kairin and the original one.

I suck at drawing/making backgrounds though, so I decided to put her at an onsen with the cleaning bucket and ladle instead. An onsen background isn't as hard for me as drawing something like a natural landscape, which I was trying so hard to do but failing so bad, lol.

I do have the clean .png of her without the background if anyone wants to make a avatar/sig, or even throw in your own background.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 06:09   Link #672
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Thanks! I agree about the slight mismatch. Originally, she was supposed to be holding a Wakizashi or short sword on one hand and its sheath on the other. Believe it or not, I was actually going for a kunoichi type look, but at the same time I wanted to maintain some of the traditional look, based off of the current Kairin and the original one.

I suck at drawing/making backgrounds though, so I decided to put her at an onsen with the cleaning bucket and ladle instead. An onsen background isn't as hard for me as drawing something like a natural landscape, which I was trying so hard to do but failing so bad, lol.

I do have the clean .png of her without the background if anyone wants to make a avatar/sig, or even throw in your own background.
Ah I see... so it was intended to be a kunoichi from the beginning. I guess that's why you have to change the BG, then? when talking about kunoichi, typically the BG would be a forest with bamboo trees, or a traditional japanese house, or maybe a kanji writing or something else.

Ah well, about the background, I know that feel it's very time consuming and difficult to do. If you don't feel confident with drawing "real" background, you can always draw an abstract one IMO... except if you really want to have a real BG, which is good.

Oh, a clean png is nice. But I don't think I could do better than you with the BG since I almost never draw a BG for my drawings.
Old 2013-07-13, 12:46   Link #673
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Quote:
As promised, a full version of the latest Kairin portrait (by Aurora / Tida) from the font page:

Also, thank you riderz, for the post above. Always like to see more Kairin fan art
Optime! I love it!

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:02.
Diaphanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 04:46   Link #674
darthfury78

Are there any plans to have a new Kairin? The current one has been up for almost 2 years. It might be time for a new one for 2013?

Last edited by darthfury78; 2013-09-28 at 23:27.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 14:18   Link #675
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

They get changed as frequently as and when we have time to change them, provided there is are artists ready to provide a suitable versions…

Edit: I have a new Kairin, but have not had time to think about putting her up on the "main" site. Given we're not exactly maintaining the site right now, I may never get around to it. So, for the time being, you can enjoy the picture here.

It was created by takumy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kairinc.jpg (64.0 KB, 42 views)
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 08:05   Link #676
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Given we're not exactly maintaining the site right now, I may never get around to it.
Was there an announcement I missed somewhere? I could certainly see that with CR and the like that the need for the torrent tracker has long since passed, but I'm not sure how I'd get through the day without the forums
Old 2016-05-12, 12:35   Link #677
darthfury78

Any thoughts about posting the 2009 version of the mascot when she was wearing her summer bathing suit?
Old 2016-05-26, 01:12   Link #678
Artwork-Eskobar

Awsome. I make a Mascot Artwork now :-)

Yes... i am a new member in this Forum and i draw with my Wacom Tablet "Digital Paintings"
I live in swizerland and try to write in english language. Its not easy for me. But i try :-)

Information: i have a Youtube Channel with most of Anime Paintigs, lets have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC20...c8WqxRObv8gq5g
Artwork-Eskobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 15:30   Link #679
darthfury78

I wish that the mods would rotate the mascot images like they used to in the past as the same image has been around for the past 8 years unchanged...

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate