AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-16, 18:08   Link #81
Lionen

If you look at the Chouji vs Jiroubou fight as a whole it surely must take some price in lameness and repetiveness:

Jiroubou kicks Chouji's ass.
Chouji takes a pill and powers up.
Chouji kicks Jiroubou's ass.
Jiroubou uses curse seal lvl 1 and powers up.
Chouji takes another pill and powers up.
Jiroubou uses curse seal lvl 2 and powers up.
Chouji takes yet another pill and powers up.

It basically was all about who had the most powerups.
And that "Im 10 times stronger than before", "Im 100 times stronger than before!" is the worst thing ever. It's like a competition of who knows the highest number.

On the other hand, it was really beatiful at the end. Almost brought tears to my eyes, which only ep19 has done before. So it pretty much tips it all over, making this a very good episode.
Lionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 18:29   Link #82
coash

with all the bloody spoiler tags even I know what's gonna happen to chouji....sheesh
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 18:31   Link #83
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Choji eating? Never saw that which probably should be why I said that the pills were only about eating I guess.
And if I didn't say that he's dumb he's however a fatass eating all the time because he likes that, don't make it sounds as if Choji forces himself to eat.

Which he does quite well? Yeah eating a pills was incredibly difficult but I think that Choji is trained enough in the art of eating not to let drop a pill on the ground when he tries to swallow it.
Exactly! Remember the big deal he always makes about not giving up the last bite!!! what if he would have lost that last pill, then ending would have been different wouldnt it.

Not only that, but forcing himself to be heavy and to be able to eat things when he is sickeningly full and wracked with pain is not something I'd expect anyone else to be able to do. (Not only that but I take it the pills are hard to swallow, some being extremely spicy for one thing.)

Not only that he DOES train, getting to the point where is is pretty formidable even with his heavy torso: he knows how to maneuver his body when its oversized as training for baika no jutu. They even had a flashback in the show saying that everyone in the show assumes chouji doesnt train enough but it turns out to not be true at all.

My point is that Chouji trains hard, and that you are severly underestimating the training and skill needed to employ his pills effectively. If some slovenly average debu popped the red pill he'd probably be choking and gagging till he died.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 18:42   Link #84
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionen
If you look at the Chouji vs Jiroubou fight as a whole it surely must take some price in lameness and repetiveness:

Chouji takes a pill and powers up.
Jiroubou uses curse seal lvl 1 and powers up.
Chouji takes another pill and powers up.
Jiroubou uses curse seal lvl 2 and powers up.
Chouji takes yet another pill and powers up.

It basically was all about who had the most powerups.
And that "Im 10 times stronger than before", "Im 100 times stronger than before!" is the worst thing ever. It's like a competition of who knows the highest number.

On the other hand, it was really beatiful at the end. Almost brought tears to my eyes, which only ep19 has done before. So it pretty much tips it all over, making this a very good episode.

Well, Im not going to put up any spoiler tags but, get used to it. This arc is full of power ups and new power ups. If you dont like it now, you should stop b/c there will be plenty for all.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 18:57   Link #85
daflecta
(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coash
with all the bloody spoiler tags even I know what's gonna happen to chouji....sheesh

spoiled by the spoiler tags!

now that's what I call funny
daflecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 19:59   Link #86
EoT
~~

You guys dont seem to understand.. When Chouji took that last pill he was kind of like Hokage level its kind of like the gates but you end up dying. In the Jounin fight they didnt go curse seal 2 they only went 1 Chouji was extremly strong as explained beyond Jounin strengh with the last pill cause curse seal level 1 is kind of like Jounin strengh. I only mean it in a Taijutsu perspection so dont flame me ..!
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 20:33   Link #87
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Unless I have missed something, I thought the 4-bad-sound-nin went CSL2. We saw them transforming into CSL1 and then were talking about that they have to go all out because they will be fighting two jounins. I thought that was the reason the fight was skipped because the animators (rather, Kishimoto) just didn't want to show CSL2 transformation in that point of the anime.

Then again, I could be wrong.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 20:47   Link #88
CyberPunk

power up battles are boring and lame. this episode is only worth the scene where chouji and shikamaru are kids.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 20:55   Link #89
Bombermanofdeath
Ultimate Noob

I thought this episode was pretty badass. When Choji caught that punch after eating the third pill, how many people were saying to themselves "Aww yeah, pwnage time.", or something similar? Also did anyone else think thin Choji looked uber awesome? Almost like he could be used as a main hero in some other anime or something.
Bombermanofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 21:05   Link #90
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
Well, Im not going to put up any spoiler tags but, get used to it. This arc is full of power ups and new power ups. If you dont like it now, you should stop b/c there will be plenty for all.
....If its going to be the same as the manga i'm going to wait till like ep 125 b4 i start watching it in a go....3 eps each for shikaramu, Neji and Kiba....1 ep worth of as u can guess Saskue's flashbacks and 2 eps of actual Sasuke battle...hey..thats 11 eps...

P.S. can sum1 tell me how to make a spoiler tag...hope the above post didn't ruin anything
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 21:49   Link #91
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombermanofdeath
I thought this episode was pretty badass. When Choji caught that punch after eating the third pill, how many people were saying to themselves "Aww yeah, pwnage time.", or something similar? Also did anyone else think thin Choji looked uber awesome? Almost like he could be used as a main hero in some other anime or something.

That's EXSACTLY what I thought. When I first seen choji in his new stage I was like damn, this dude is total bad ass. Shit he could even have his own spin off series

BTW, I don't think Choji is dead, infact I think he is alive
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 22:17   Link #92
Shrimpusmaximus

Power ups be a sad fact of anime. I try not to get too up in arms about them. They can if used properly be great the only problem being that they are a wee bit overused in shonen in general. The Kyuubi power ups, the gates, sasukes cursed seal were all handled quite well. I agree that the pills were kinda lame and that all the others were not as smooth as no powerups but I have only ever seen one powerup that is completelly unlame.

For those tired of powerups then I recomend Manwa, Berserk and Shoujo. The first has less powerups and all the action, the second has the unlame powerup and molestation, and the third, well there are no powerups to worry about.

PS You could also watch samurai champloo as it rocks and features no powerups.
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 22:25   Link #93
lotus_lee

I personally like power-ups but when they are done too much, it gets boring. For example, it was great to see Rock Lee power-up because it showed that what a great ninja he was and he deserved the respect anyways, plus of course, the Ura Renge. Also, it was great to see Naruto become Kyuubified against Neji because I mean, it was about time we got to see him use the Kyuubi to effect.

However,with things like the Chouji fight, it does get a bit stupid and when he takes his third pill or when Jiroubu goes CS2, you just wonder what all the fuss was about with the first/second pill or CS1. It's not that I hate it because I do still enjoy them but if they were to do less of it, I personally wouldn't mind or care.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 22:37   Link #94
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee
However,with things like the Chouji fight, it does get a bit stupid and when he takes his third pill or when Jiroubu goes CS2, you just wonder what all the fuss was about with the first/second pill or CS1. It's not that I hate it because I do still enjoy them but if they were to do less of it, I personally wouldn't mind or care.
Quite simply, if there were never any powerups the show would be quite boring. (how many times to you want to see them use the same tired old tricks over and over?)

Plus, this show is about a bunch of baby ninjas trying to grow up and learn new techniques: its all about powering up and improving themselves.

Beyond that, I think naruto in particular makes all the powerups interesting, many having various side effects and whatnot.

If you just want to see a show about a bunch of adults who are already at their peak and just fight until they die or retire this is not it. Even the "adults" power up their techniques and develop themselves over the course of a battle. (Kakashi's sharingan, Tsunade's regeneration, Sarutobi's Shinigami, Tsunade over coming her fear, etc)

Its the fun part of the show.
Most of the completely one sided beatdowns they dont even bother to animate.

Or do you really want to have built in spoilers where they show all the charaters training so there are no surprises on the battlefield?
Old 2004-12-16, 22:41   Link #95
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
I thought it was very sad, symbolism at its best really it was good i felt bad for a minute or two
After he took the pill did he become thinner or is it just me?
And the Guy Begged for his life!

BTW can someone send me a PM telling me if hes dead or not and if the guy he was fighting is dead? Thank ya much

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 22:46   Link #96
onkelz3b

Why do people always think that genin is a level based on power? It's a leadership role. Stop saying this and that person is genin level, it pisses me off :\

Someone said that sasuke's seal was weak because it didnt help that much against Gaara.. well duh.. Gaara is as strong as a jounin in some cases

to be honest about it, curse seal level 2 is a huge chakra boost, but boosting chakra doesnt mean ur better at molding it than ur opponent for instance.
onkelz3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 23:15   Link #97
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
for all u complainig bout power++, i suggest u quit watching narutard, cuz laterr arrc will have more rediculious power ups.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 23:15   Link #98
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkelz3b
Why do people always think that genin is a level based on power? It's a leadership role. Stop saying this and that person is genin level, it pisses me off :\.

... Gaara is as strong as a jounin in some cases
Jounin is also a rank, and not a power level.

Sure, on average, jounins are stronger than chuunin are stronger than gennin.
But overall, the ranks have no direct bearing on power level. You can be really strong and not get promoted due to having a character flaw. Heck, I imagine you could outright refuse a promotion if you wanted to.
Old 2004-12-17, 00:17   Link #99
ryno2410

The pills are different than all of those other powerfups due to the major fact that you will DIE. It's not like he can use the red pills all the time. Why is it so cheap if you know you will sacrifice your life in order to do so?
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 00:17   Link #100
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Jounin is also a rank, and not a power level.

Sure, on average, jounins are stronger than chuunin are stronger than gennin.
But overall, the ranks have no direct bearing on power level. You can be really strong and not get promoted due to having a character flaw. Heck, I imagine you could outright refuse a promotion if you wanted to.
So when will Naruto become hokage if he's so dumb?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote