AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 27 38.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-12, 09:33   Link #101
maximilianjenus
[E]

Please, delete your episode 4 comments, if there is no thread just wait until there is one.

About the author's cynical take on love, I think that's pretty wrong as you can see in his other works, he is not cynical at all.
Old 2009-06-12, 15:30   Link #102
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
So in the perfect world the other sister is stuck in St. Lucia I suppose? That's not really fair either though.
At least Mion and Shion have a good relationship and "Shion" doesn't feel resentment towards her sister for taking her position as heir to the house.
Old 2009-06-12, 19:21   Link #103
y0shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
What I mean is that he cuts the epilogue short of including things like Satoshi waking up or Keiichi revealing that Shion told him about Mion loving him. Apparently he's said he wanted to leave what happens after to be left to the imagination but since then he's done some post-epilogues (This and the one comic that just ended which I don't know much about.) to the main story which seem to consciously avoid this topic. I can't read the guy's mind though, so this also is just speculation on why he wrote things the way he did. This story in particular however paints the author as being highly cynical of his fellow man, it's not a a huge stretch to extend that to him not believing in romantic love. If everything's to chance, there's no such thing as a soul mate.
I think we can just expand the rule that there is no romance in shonens on higurashi, it just would seem strange and ruin some of the jokes.

~~~~

All this talking about Rika having a reset button made me think of chobits
Old 2009-06-13, 08:34   Link #104
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Well i believe its all part of the story itself. Rika doesnt grow up yet shes 100s of years old... And in every world there is a love intrest either between Keichii and Rena or Mion. I think its just the sad end that their lives end at the end of june so it wont develope, so you never get to see what might have been.

Personaly i hope when there is a final end to it the author shows how it should be ending. A happy reunion or something. Getting off OVA topic here ^^

The OVA looks good and apart from the first episode its good old mystery storytelling, looks hopefull for continuation in a new season. (wishing for it).
Old 2009-06-13, 12:19   Link #105
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
At least Mion and Shion have a good relationship and "Shion" doesn't feel resentment towards her sister for taking her position as heir to the house.
Judging by more series of the same author, maybe mion is even happier by not being burdened of inheriting the sonozaki problems.
Old 2009-06-13, 13:26   Link #106
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Request:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-okV...eature=related

Rika:
Rika and her mother 3:19-3:24
4:14-4:15 Angry face
4:30-4:33

Satoko:
Winking 0:10-0:12 &

Rika and Satoko:
3:56-3:59
4:00-4:02

Old 2009-06-16, 15:38   Link #107
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

"soulmates" and "believing in love" isn't really synonimous...

In fact, a story where a person falls in love with another who's a total jerk to them, but it's "TRUE" because it was "meant to be!" tend to be rather groan inducing.
Old 2009-06-23, 10:22   Link #108
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this oav :

Lol Rika who is angry and hit Satoko with a chair . But it didn't hurt . Just a scratch on the hand lol
I wonder how many times Rika will travel in the time . Its like there won't be an end .
It was the first times we saw Rika's parents i think . Well i don't really remember .
So its her mom ! She have to kill her lol and Yamato don't believe Rika its obvious . She's naive .
Kill your mom and retrieve your real friends or rest in the current times and left them ?

(As always Rika loves wines XD )
Old 2009-06-26, 13:22   Link #109
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Watched this at last and wow, it reminds me how great Higurashi was ^^
Now i'm thirst for Ep 4 (probably the final of this arc?). I fear for what may come......

The OP was great, i am addicted to it now.

PS: ppl pls label the spoiler, i feel like i was spoiled with not only how this arc gonna end, but about what gonna happen in Umineko as well.......

Edit: the Higurashi petdesks were quite fun to watch xD
Old 2009-06-27, 09:54   Link #110
maximilianjenus
[E]

ova 4 is the final of this arc, then ova 5 is a new arc and they should eb done with the pc games' material, thoguh there are still a few novels left (some that ryukishi wrote) as well as the manga exclusive chapters. We can hope for the most popular manga exclusive chapter to be animated, but I think they will mvoe all the recurses to umineko instead.
Old 2009-07-01, 09:47   Link #111
lovelysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
ova 4 is the final of this arc, then ova 5 is a new arc and they should eb done with the pc games' material, thoguh there are still a few novels left (some that ryukishi wrote) as well as the manga exclusive chapters. We can hope for the most popular manga exclusive chapter to be animated, but I think they will mvoe all the recurses to umineko instead.
....Which one of the manga exclusive arcs are the most popular? There's only three of 'em right?

Personally, I would love to see the arcs with Natsumi and older Mion animated. Those are my favorites. Don't particularly care for the one that took place at Shion's school though (though that one was canceled I heard.)

EDIT- Oh yeah, the thing is, the manga exclusive arcs don't really have the old characters in them. So...
Old 2009-07-02, 09:35   Link #112
maximilianjenus
[E]

two arcs have shmion, the most popular one is the one that has akasaka and oishi as secondary charcters, though. it made it to the DS novel.
Old 2009-07-02, 14:32   Link #113
lovelysan

That's the one with Natsumi! It's a whoooole lotta cool *laughs* . Actually though, the other one with adult shmion made it into one of the DS novels too I belive. I saw screenshots I think ... . (the new designs were pretty nifty. )
Old 2009-07-03, 11:32   Link #114
maximilianjenus
[E]

Spoiler for spoiler for umineko Episode 3 and the onisarashi:
Old 2009-07-03, 21:00   Link #115
Eryops

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler for umineko Episode 3 and the onisarashi:
Really?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-04, 09:54   Link #116
maximilianjenus
[E]

Spoiler for onikakushi:
Old 2009-07-04, 09:58   Link #117
Eryops

Quote:
Spoiler for onikakushi:
But as you find out in Tsumihoboroshi-hen, much of what happened in it were Keiichi's hallucinations. Onisarashi-hen does the same thing.

And don't you think that the cat-eyes for example that Keiichi hallucinates are abnormal?
Old 2009-07-06, 09:49   Link #118
maximilianjenus
[E]

Spoiler for spoiler for umineko Ep 3 and higurashi onikakushi and onisarashi:
Old 2009-07-07, 07:51   Link #119
Eryops

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler for umineko Ep 3 and higurashi onikakushi and onisarashi:
And Satoko thinks that her uncle is still around tormenting her in Tatarigoroshi-hen, when he had been dead for days. Natumi making a mistake about the identity of the murderer doesn't seem like much in comparison.
Old 2010-07-21, 18:20   Link #120
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, what an episode. Didn't expect that out of Rika, but Satako quite deserved it. The Revelation about her mom was interesting, though I wonder why she didn't detect it earlier.