AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-03, 22:28   Link #2141
yeahitschris

i kept hearing about this game being too 'linear' so i strayed away from this and got GOD OF WAR 3... im glad i did lol, now to wait for this game to be $40!
Old 2010-03-03, 23:01   Link #2142
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I'm definitely getting this game later on after I have finished the Spring Semester. Well, I will judge myself if the "too linear" part of the story is a good or bad thing and I will be getting this for the PS3...

I have no gripes on Final Fantasy XII, so this one will be fine.
Old 2010-03-03, 23:17   Link #2143
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
i kept hearing about this game being too 'linear' so i strayed away from this and got GOD OF WAR 3... im glad i did lol, now to wait for this game to be $40!
How'd you god of war 3 if it's not out yet, unless you meant you pre ordered

Anyways I can't wait, I'm not really picky about the games I get so tthis'll be a blast , I got FF:crystal bearers and enjoyed it, so no prob for me
Old 2010-03-04, 03:01   Link #2144
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm excited about this. Although I have a mid-term Saturday so there is that hurdle to jump over before this comes out. Anyways easy call to pre-order this and now it's just a matter of waiting. I'm not worried about the linear part, since long as I'm having fun it can be as much of a straight line as it wants .

Wasn't much into XI and didn't really get into XII either. So this will hopefully be the first since X that I really get into.
Old 2010-03-04, 07:50   Link #2145
Westlo
Lets be reality

I was going to switch my collectors edition preorder from ps3 (Microsoft moneyhats only in US) to 360 since my ps3 is still in warranty repairs... but..

The 360 version runs gameplay and cutscenes at 576p while the Ps3 is 720p for gameplay and 1080p for cutscenes.

I didn't buy a Pana Plasma for 576p!

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-03-04 at 08:01.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 08:54   Link #2146
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
TUESDAY!

God, Im getting more exited with every day passing From what I heard, I'm pretty sure I'll like it. Mean thing only is that college just started again D: I would have liked to lock myself in my room with it, but now I have to leave home in between .... XD
Ah well I'll see next week. Squeel of joy or whine of disapointment?
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 08:55   Link #2147
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
So you're just listening what other people (haters in particular) say instead of thinking for yourself and doing your own research, cute.

Anyway, 5 more days. Pre-ordered the CE along with the Collectors' Guide, cant wait. <3
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 10:23   Link #2148
Ehnra
Exceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Anyway, 5 more days. Pre-ordered the CE along with the Collectors' Guide, cant wait. <3
5 days of agony :P, Normally I'm not the person to buy guide to games as I enjoy playing them for myself and finding out what to do and so on, but damn I gotta have everything that's "Collectors" so I'll probably buy the guide this time around. Wont read it until the game is complete though, maybe not even read it at all, just want the nice feeling of having the collectors edition of stuff.
Old 2010-03-04, 11:40   Link #2149
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah I caved in. I cancelled my Amazon.ca preorder even though it was a fricking sweet deal (free shipping and five bucks cheaper than gamestop), and pre-ordered the CE over at game.co.uk, even though its going to cost me around 100 bucks in the end and it won't probably come till the week after the release.

Man, I'm such a sucker for limited edition items. Sure I probably won't play FF13 as DAO: Awakening, Resonance of FAte, and Infinite Space are coming the week after, but man, I just couldn't resist it anymore. >_<

All I can say though is thank Sony for not having region locks on the PS3.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 11:56   Link #2150
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

haha, i just saw the trailer on TV here in florida and it made me want to play it LESS
Old 2010-03-04, 13:29   Link #2151
Sassarai
Army of One

Blah I need to start searching for a good deal on a HDTV and PS3 before the game comes out. Any suggestions? lol
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 13:48   Link #2152
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I have a feeling this is going to be the worst reviewed mainline FF game in the west to date. It just has too many things going against it.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 14:24   Link #2153
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I have a feeling this is going to be the worst reviewed mainline FF game in the west to date. It just has too many things going against it.
Sad thing is the main character is a girl since who knows how long in ff games. Some people might suspect the game fails because of the female cloud
Old 2010-03-04, 15:24   Link #2154
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
360 WMVHD png max quality VS PS3

Spoiler:

More comparison shots:

Spoiler:

First 10 minutes of the 360 version: http://msxbox.dreamhosters.com/asset...utes-part1.wmv

Apparently you get to see the names of the characters in the subtitle when they talk that's why you see the name Snow in that subtitle.
Yeah I still can't believe how badly they botched the 360 port. I'm still in the midst of debating what exactly I am going to do about it. I plan on getting a PS3 at some point, but at the same time I kind of don't really want it just yet. Way to make it tough on us Square Enix.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 16:38   Link #2155
Leo Keichi

It looks like the game will have downloadable content, after all. This is a part of an interview that appeared in a dutch magazine:

Quote:
At first we wanted a simultaneous release for all markets, so therefore it was intended that we would create identical versions. When we noticed that we couldn't make it, we decided that we wanted to keep the period between the Japanese and the Western release as short as possible. We had a moment where we considered to add extra content to the western version, but then the release date of the international version would have been pushed back for a couple of months. We did prepare DLC, but it will also be available in the West in the future.
From the looks of it, the DLC will be available only in Japan, and will be released some time later in the international version disc, included in the normal game.

And in another interview, Kitase Yoshinori said that the western version won't have a Japanese voice option, and that he was even surprised when he knew about this kind of request. But he also said that there wouldn't be enough space in a disc to include both English and Japanese voices.
Hm, I was already expecting for this. But English voices are also fine, anyway.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 16:43   Link #2156
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

DLC eh? I remember them saying there wouldn't be a while back. Guess they want to adopt a western model ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Sad thing is the main character is a girl since who knows how long in ff games. Some people might suspect the game fails because of the female cloud
I don't think anyone will think that. The main point is that "linearity" has inherently become a negative term in the mind of most western gamers. Most successful games which are linear usually have an accompanying multiplayer component to them in order to justify their costs.

People aren't considering that the game is a 60 hour rpg anymore, Also impressions from Japan have also haven't done much to help. The significance of simultaneous worldwide releases has been ignored by square enix for too long. They have been content to manage their earnings reports by different regional release dates but it puts a dent on the hype levels for their games.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 17:08   Link #2157
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

god i hope people don't. but what was the main reason FF13 is flunking? is it because theirs no free roam?
Old 2010-03-04, 17:10   Link #2158
kyosak
poo

People need to just wait to play the game before they start whining.

OMG no towns! OMG it's linear!! BAWWWWWWWW

I'm on chapter 11 and just beginning to get some freedom, but really, the linearity of the game has not bothered me one bit. Do people forget that all these games have really been is getting from point A to point B?

When did FF8 start allowing side quests? Wasn't it when you get access to piloting Balamb Garden? Also, from what I remember FFX was damn linear for a while but I don't see nearly as much complaining about that one...

The presentation is great, battles are flashy, and the music is beautiful. I'm sorry but the gameplay aspect has never been the strongest point when it comes to FF games IMO. I'm having a lot of fun just being immersed in the environment.

PS What's up with Vanille's english VA? God that english trailer gave me nightmares
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 18:36   Link #2159
Iron Maw
Banned

Gameradar's review is up now too:
http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/final-...5846527007/p-1
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 21:17   Link #2160
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
A good review I thought. Covered key points and certainly made clear what kind of experience people are getting into. Damn I want to play this already .

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360