AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 20:42   Link #1721
ramaman

hey sorry to bother you guys, but I am a fan of Spice and Wolf. I watched both seasons of the anime and it doesn't seem like they're going to do a season three. I know about the novels and I really want to know what happens. I want to know badly and the novels in Canada will come out in english much later. I can't wait that long. Does anyone know a place to get all the novel summaries. I really WANT TO KNOW WHAT happens after novel 5.
ramaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 00:12   Link #1722
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaman View Post
hey sorry to bother you guys, but I am a fan of Spice and Wolf. I watched both seasons of the anime and it doesn't seem like they're going to do a season three. I know about the novels and I really want to know what happens. I want to know badly and the novels in Canada will come out in english much later. I can't wait that long. Does anyone know a place to get all the novel summaries. I really WANT TO KNOW WHAT happens after novel 5.
Browse the thread, its filled with summaries of the books and spoilers about the ending as well as links to detailed summaries.
Old 2012-01-27, 00:42   Link #1723
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte742 View Post
Spoiler for volume 17:
THANK YOU. Perfect ending
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 17:00   Link #1724
Dzylon

Hey, Im about to get into the [RAW] novels, and I was wondering... is kanji common in the novels? If so, how complex are they? At the moment, I am fluent in all kana, and know every word on this list: http://www.langage.com/vocabulaire/learn_japanese.htm.

How far will that get me?
Dzylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 17:56   Link #1725
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The novels are written for late teens and young adults... and are therefore *mostly* in kanji. You should know probably at least a thousand kanji to read casually or be willing to have a kanji dictionary, pen and paper, and a lot of determination
Old 2012-03-02, 00:55   Link #1726
noahgab1133

volume 5 was quite enjoyable. Any news on when volume 6 is gonna be out or if they are taking per-orders?
noahgab1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 01:49   Link #1727
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Volume 6 is slated to be released in June.

http://www.yenpress.com/spice-and-wolf-novel/
Old 2012-03-02, 01:51   Link #1728
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Frankly, I hope the honeymoon with Yen Press goes on for many years -- they've been everything that ADV or Tokyopop were not.
Old 2012-03-02, 10:53   Link #1729
jte742

Do they only update their schedule when the last volume on the current schedule is released? (so we'll only see dates for volume 7 and later after volume 6 comes out)
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 11:33   Link #1730
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte742 View Post
Do they only update their schedule when the last volume on the current schedule is released? (so we'll only see dates for volume 7 and later after volume 6 comes out)
It's not like that. They tend to update their schedule 2 or 3 times a year. I haven't figured out if there's a pattern or not. It's usually more frequently than every 6 months but it's not as frequently as quarterly. Bottom line, their schedule updates don't seem to have a regularly set date.

As for the S&W novels, like most of their novel series, they're on a 6 month release pattern with June and December being the designated S&W novel months. YP's schedule is only published into October at this point. I expect S&W 7 will show up in the next schedule update in a December slot.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 14:02   Link #1731
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

And there will be much upset if it doesnt appear, I will be rather upset if I cant get one as my birthday present
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 02:36   Link #1732
kitsunisan

So we're looking at 6 years before the entire series is translated, assuming two a year over the remaining 11 novels? Yeesh!
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 03:48   Link #1733
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunisan View Post
So we're looking at 6 years before the entire series is translated, assuming two a year over the remaining 11 novels? Yeesh!
Try to avoid risky situations and look both ways before crossing the street. Eat healthy and exercise
Old 2012-03-16, 17:15   Link #1734
lann

http://lanssidequest.blogspot.com/20...f-novel-1.html
Old 2012-03-17, 10:16   Link #1735
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Been quite a while since I last came here. Sure brings back a lot of memories...

Some of you may recognize me as the Baka-Tsuki translator who brought you the first translations of Volumes 3 & 4 (plus a few chapters of 2) before the series got licensed and all of my work got taken offline. I lost the motivation to continue translating shortly after that, and with military service (which is still compulsory in my country for males) just around the corner, I just kinda let myself fade away from the forums altogether...

Anyway, this is me coming back because my conscience is telling me that I owe some of you fellow S&W fans an apology for promising to continue providing" underground" translations but then not following through with it. Ultimately, I decided that my translations would become a wasted effort if the very same volumes I translated would eventually be published in English anyway.

That aside, I actually only just found out a few hours ago that a 17th volume, an epilogue volume, existed for S&W, and only because I just happened to spot it on the shelf of a manga/DVD rental store. I had been tricked by the author into thinking that Volume 16 was the last (no wonder that volume contained no epilogue chapter, because there was to be an entire VOLUME to serve as its epilogue!). To think that I might have NEVER known!

After flipping through and scanning parts of the volume, I'm now really looking forward to actually reading it.

And for those of you who are just dying for a bit of spoilers, here:

Spoiler for Volume 17 Juicy Bits:

Look forward to it, guys!

Edit: Lol Vexx. How long have you been using that same avatar? You already had it when I last saw you, and that was like two years ago!
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 11:24   Link #1736
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm kind of astonished you didn't know about volume 17 I won't spoil your incoming surprises then.

I tried to change my avatar once and there was an outcry and fury (seriously.... several dozen people). So there it sits, despite many tempting replacements sailing by.
Old 2012-03-17, 17:46   Link #1737
pitythefool

Oh judgments back, heh, I need to have a word with you man.
pitythefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:56   Link #1738
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm kind of astonished you didn't know about volume 17 I won't spoil your incoming surprises then.

I tried to change my avatar once and there was an outcry and fury (seriously.... several dozen people). So there it sits, despite many tempting replacements sailing by.
lol, don't think you should elt people sway your avatar decisions so much. I'm actually quite curious as to what your possible switch in image might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgment26 View Post
Been quite a while since I last came here. Sure brings back a lot of memories...
Nice of you to stop by again. I remember reading some of your translations, good work on that.

It is unfortunate that there isnt much to talk about on the Spice & Wolf forums as of late, I still browse, been trying to work up the urge to converse about something, but nothing has generally lept out at me recently.

*sigh* I remember the good ol days.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:39   Link #1739
kitsunisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
It is unfortunate that there isnt much to talk about on the Spice & Wolf forums as of late, I still browse, been trying to work up the urge to converse about something, but nothing has generally lept out at me recently.

*sigh* I remember the good ol days.
Really wishing I had seen those days. Coming into an anime you love this far into it's life, there really aren't many people to talk to about it, it's all pretty much been said before.
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:33   Link #1740
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, you can always browse the threads - its all there (early confusions and all, the growling over Horo/Holo, etc). But there's still the manga and novel translation releases. It never fails that I find some divergence between what I thought a passage meant and what the professional translator came up with. Usually, it has me reaching for the japanese copy - after a few moments I say "d'oh" at my mistake.

I am less hopeful for a third final season anime adaptation ... the final volume has been out a few months now and not a flicker from Japan. The industry has developed a nasty habit of racing for the "new next thing" rather than "more of what the fans already show they like".

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen