AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite(s) To Aru Majutsu no Index Characters
Index 83 18.95%
Kamijo Toma 208 47.49%
Misaka Mikoto 264 60.27%
Shirai Kuroko 81 18.49%
Tsukuyomi Komoe 31 7.08%
Himegami Aisa 36 8.22%
Kanzaki Kaori 107 24.43%
Styl Magnus 35 7.99%
Tsuchimikado Motoharu 65 14.84%
Tsuchimikado Maika 16 3.65%
Accelerator 172 39.27%
Misaka Sisters 60 13.70%
Sister #10032 114 26.03%
Last Order (Sister #20001) 114 26.03%
Kazakiri Hyouka 19 4.34%
Aureolus Izzard 11 2.51%
Misha 23 5.25%
Doctor 42 9.59%
Sphinx 32 7.31%
Others (specify) 46 10.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 438. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-01, 04:53   Link #101
Lordray

LOL for including sphinx and "unnamed" doctor

Favorite:
1. Misaka - cute THUNDERE blushing, interisting character rather than "pure cute princess heroine" type. Railgun series also boosting my vote for her.
2. Touma - better than "hothead protagonist" like in many manga. Love his misfortune and yet get many views from girls LOL.
Usually chara like him is easily being forgotten, but I'm sure he is more success
3. Accelerator - Best badass and overpowered character I've seen so far. Love his "protecting by using his darkness way"
4. Last order - I'm not a lolicon, but I just love her.
5. Misaka 10032 - just lolololol chara, as misaka stated.
Also I love sister arc the most..

Not getting votes from me, but I still love them:
Kanzaki - hot babeh
Styl magnus
Kuroko - NEEESAMAA
Tsuchimikado - Loli teacher
Saten

Index is one of worst type of Heroine
I hate kazakiri hyouka for unknown reason

My DA: http://rpg-no-zero.deviantart.com/
My FB: http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1598149010
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGNoZero?feature=mhum
Lordray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 02:24   Link #102
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I've just gotten into the series, so forgive me for bumping up these threads, just wanted to give my opinion on the matter

I never thought Index would be so disliked in the fandom, wow. I mean shes my least favorite of the bunch too but I thought the fandom would feel different about it

My favorites go like this....

1. Touma: Hes not like any other main character thats for sure, funny part is hes supposed to have the worst luck ever but as the series goes on I don't see that any more. Hes even getting attention from woman that guys would die for I'm sure Gotta love the way he fights too.

2. Misaka: She seems popular with the fandom, understandable

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 14:39   Link #103
Goldzero

acctuily index is a pretty popular character in japan at least. mikoto is a fan favorite and is arguabley one of the most beloved tsundere.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 06:42   Link #104
erdii

I only like Touma in this series. the other characters are just there to make the story is what ı think ;D and why is Mikoto this polular and why index is the heroine are two big questions that ı don't know the answer of
Old 2013-06-12, 07:57   Link #105
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

In my opinion,

Touma Kamijou is one of the most compelling characters I have ever seen/read in any anime series/ light novel/ literary work. He is my #1 favorite character partially because he acknowledges his flaws-- something almost no other hero manages to accomplish. The other reason that he is my favorite character centers around the complex moral/ethical/philosophical themes that involve questioning his actions, their validity, and his own ideology. This may sound meta-analytical, but this is honestly why I view him as the deepest character in the series. In actuality, IB is one of the largest reasons that Touma is compelling to me.

Misaka Mikoto is a great character: I had her at #2 for a while... she might now be tied for #3... She is a very compelling and complex character. Having her own series helps her be developed as a really plausible and interesting character. She will not rise up to being #2 or #1 until she lives out her "potential." She is a character with great potential... I just haven't seen it be realized yet. She was my favorite after having watched Index I/II Railgun I and currently Railgun S... after having read the LN's released so far, she has potential, but is not "there" yet in my opinion.

Accelerator: Tied for #2. He is very interesting. There are way too many details to even try to say anything here--so I'm not going to. I will say that there is a lot more to him than what initially meets the eye. I am putting him at #2 because he, like Mikoto, has a very deep character basis, but surpasses her in that it has been satisfactorily developed so far in the LN's--in my opinion.

Hamazura: Tied for #2. He has a lot of qualities that scream out top quality original character material. He is a compelling character. Any story involving him is bound to be very interesting.

Kiharas: I'm lumping them together with Mikoto for #3. Individually they aren't there, but as a group idea, they are really interesting. I've liked what I've seen so far concerning them.

Aleister Crowley: Tied for #3 for now. He will probably be higher rated by me eventually. He has the second best potential as a character after Kamijou in my opinion.

I like every other or almost every other character in the series, but these characters just stand out especially to me.

I find many of the sub-story characters great and wonderful, but these are my favorites in terms of originality/over-all class/development/ uniqueness.

Note: this is my opinion after having read through New Testament 7.

As a side note: Gunha is my favorite "comic-relief character." Kamachi makes him hilarious

Lastly, noting that Index is a "character/personality driven" series, for me, evaluating the best character, means figuring out whose personification is the most complex/original... In other words, my favorite characters aren't the characters I necessarily agree with, but the ones who are the most realistically portrayed, in my perspective.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:07   Link #106
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Haaaaamazura
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 00:45   Link #107
betwixtsleepeth

But, guys!
What about Fukiyose Seiri and Kumokawa Maria!
betwixtsleepeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:25   Link #108
hamazura
whatever

1. Hamazura
2. Accel
1000. Misaka 00001
19.999. Misaka 20000
99.997. Pedestrian A
99.998. Pedestrian B
99.999. Index
100.000. Touma

yeah, like that
Old 2013-07-23, 06:52   Link #109
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Misaka Mikoto
Kamijou Touma
Saten
Accelerator
Last Order
Himegami
Lessar
Misaki
Kanzaki

Guys please request the author to give more time for HIMEGAMI. She NEEDS MORE LOVE! ,
Old 2013-08-22, 23:46   Link #110
RandomDinosaur

Misaka Imoutos for me

that Misaka network + Accelerator combo is awesome
RandomDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 07:58   Link #111
LevelSeven

the first one is AIWASSSSSSSSSS
i simply love ti if their is a being so OP that the only thing he does is to observe....

than ACCELERATOR, the best character inside the anime/manga/LN world......

this is also the major reason why i would kill kamachi if i can meet him, after the end of Vol. 22 accel only barely shows up and if than it is either a fight agaisnt kakine or assisting one of the most useless heroes i have seen so far in the LN/anime/manga world
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 08:42   Link #112
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

And now for my totally biased opinions:

1. Hamazura Shige - I know we had accel, but to me Hamazura is probably my favorite because he seems to be the best written out of the 3, that and he isn't an all powerful esper/magician but a regular person. It's awesome to see him flip the tables on some of the people he goes up against because he literally is working from scratch.

2. Kamijou Touma - Yes, he's a flawed character (in how he's written not just in story) but hey, he was the reason I continued watching the anime seasons and went on to read the novels before I found out how good they could actually be. I guess for me, Touma is my favorite kind of action hero, strong enough to survive insanly dangerous circumstances and take care of himself but not strong enough that things go easy for him. His power is pretty interesting and I like the way the author handles it within the mythos of this universe. As far as to why I liked him in the begining, it was simple: HE HAD A DAMN SPINE! I couldn't tell you how sick I was getting of LN mcs before I watched index so seeing a character actually stand up forhimself and others was pretty cool in my eyes... even if I treated some of his more wordy endevors as an intermission to get more snacks...

3. Accelerator: He is probably the most interesting character in the series imho. I don't especially care for how OP his power makes him that he can just do the most mundane things and have it be the end of all times, but I think once he starts interacting with LO he becomes truly interesting and his development is pretty mush the best written out of the cast. It also helps that he can be pretty amusing in some of the fish out of water situations he lands himself into like
Spoiler for NT3:

I voted for a few others but frankly I don't think I could say anything diffrent from what some other people may say, plus I mainly just wanted to talk about my general thoughts on the main 3.
Old 2014-01-14, 13:42   Link #113
Callum18
Fukou da

1:Touma
2:Misaka
3:Kuroko (Misaka X Kuroko so OP XD!)
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 17:00   Link #114
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I like Hamazura because he was normal pedestrian but gradually became the respected character.

Mostly I enjoy ITEM, their rivalry against the other teams and the story entertains me the best. Although their chemistry is shaky, yet it's very engaging. These 4 members are all different yet interesting to see how they handle the problems.

I like Lessar too, as soon as I saw her drawing. I like her design a lot but the personality is the main attraction. Normally all Touma's girls seem too shy to approach him but she just confronts him head on. She feels unique in that respect and it's funny she has the same sort of personality Kuroko has.
Old 2014-04-25, 06:27   Link #115
zerozeronine

Voted for
Mikoto - especially how bad ass she was in WW3 and in New Testament
Touma - need to vote for the MC
Index - Spell interceptor makes her less useless against magicians and she's cute
Accelerator - like how he talks/acts in the anime and how even after killing 10k sisters,he became their no. 1 protector.
Kanzaki - she looks like Houki (from IS) and that reason is enough
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 23:29   Link #116
Itherael
The Writer of Souls

Kamijou Touma is simply my favorite character because he has the determination and willpower to stand for his believes. His ability, the Imagine Breaker, is the exact power that is needed to show those with mighty supernatural powers that they can't do what they want for having them, that they should not depend on them, that they should use those abilities for the good. That's why every enemy he had defeated became an ally. Accelerator is the best example of this.
Old 2014-08-23, 16:04   Link #117
LazyHunter

My five favorite characters as of now:

1.Touma: As he's the protagonist of the series he's the character we spend most of the time reading about and so we get to see him in a lot of interesting situations. But the best part is how's he handled. Unlike most other manga/anime/LN protagonists Touma doesn't keep growing in power and rendering all other characters except him and the new antagonist superfluous. Index is not a power level series so despite Touma being able to defeat powerful espers or magicians he's easily countered by Saints, martial artists or trained soldiers with guns (which in other series are usually the lowest level of mooks that just exist to be defeated in droves by the good guys) All of his victories are earned by using his limited power to cancel supernatural powers, his instincts, quick thinking and planning. Unusually for the genre he almost always needs help from other characters to succeed. All in all my favorite character of the series.

2.Thor: As of now Touma's greatest rival, the magician using the powers of his namesake really got my attention with his interactions with Touma. It was refreshing seeing an opponent not only acknowledging Touma's strength but also being rather excited in being able to test himself against him. Unlike other battle obsesed characters he wasn't an asshole, something I really appreciated. I loved both of ther fights and hope to see him again in the novels.

3.Itsuwa: Being one of the few girls in this series that's interested in Touma and is able to work with him effectively without creating problems Itsuwa was already one of my favorite characters but the Amakusa SS which has her as the protagonist really made me like her even more.

4.Misaki: As of now the only Level 5 wich doesn't rely on overwhelming brute force to beat her enemies, Misaki was a mistery for years until her appeareance in Railgun and NT. She also has a past with Touma that might involve Seria, another misterious girl. Plus is fun seeing her tease Touma and trolling Mikoto.

5.Index: She has always had an special place for me since she was the first heroine in the series and had really good moments with Touma in the OT novels. It's a shame that she hasn't gotten much to do in NT besides helping save Freyja. Hopefully Kamachi will use her a little more now that the Gremlin saga is over.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 16:11   Link #118
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

My three favorite characters as of now.

1. Touma Kamijou: His character has been dissected at least once so far. However, from the beginning he was a rather original sort of hero character. This was namely because he isn't a hero, but rather a normal person who just does what he feels like any other person would do in the situations that he is thrust into. I have way too much to say upon him that it would fill 500 pages, so I'm not going to even start.

1. Accelerator: His characterization is probably the best of any anti-hero I've ever seen. That's all I'm going to say there. Everything else is novel thread material. I've never seen a character grow as much as Accelerator, with perhaps the exception of Touma. And Touma has only grown more because he has had many more appearances in all.

1. Mikoto: (I'd normally put Hamazura, but I actually put him behind these other three favorites of mine because he doesn't have enough appearances as of yet to grow on me as much.) Well, while she became very overrated for me, for a while. She slowly started getting better again eventually. She is one of those rather unusual characters that has a lot of depth to her personality, but also some very shallow features or aspects. What probably compels me the most about her character is how much she has or hasn't grown since the beginning of the story.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 03:33   Link #119
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
i think i'll post my favorite now.....

first is obviously Kamjiou Touma....., he is the sole reason i watched and follow this series back in 2009......., the one impression that struck me mostly because he has a bad luck in a weird way.....when he was introduced in TAMNI S1 ......., he is maybe looked like a stereotype hero of justice but it's not as simple as that.....his complex to save someone in trouble is one from many Protagonist in all LN that i can understand most....with just simple logic and humanly minded decision where he can change his idealism according the situation...hyprocrite and flawed but it's what i love about this character....and unlike with other MC in other LN especially in the recently trend of OP MC......., he is still being limited although his power has the potential to be hax power..., his intriguing behavior when he interacted with another character especially the one that he never met before......is pretty funny and pretty damn good......and sometime surprised me a lot.....
his misteriouness in the regard of his IB and HIS PAST....is one of big factor that he is my favorite MC all of the time......., not many character know the real identity of IB except maybe aleister or terra..., , his fight still need another helps but needlessly it's not shounen like friendship power..but indeed he can't do a thing without a helps

and unlike another harem element protagosnist, i can say that he don't have any luxury to enjoy all generic fanservice , even thought there were some of it but it was understandable that it was a misfortune one......
and i can write why i like him a lot but for now it has been enough.

and in the second place is Misaka Mikoto....., because of her own series she got a massive development ......, she is depicted as a generic MC of Justice where she got a shounen like ability, a friendship power, an naive justice ideologies at first but get more development and redemption afterward....... her interaction with touma is hilarious..seriously, one of the reason why i like her is her interaction with protagonist of Index.....,i appreciated her effort to know about touma's world although it's still minimal for now..........and of course she is another big reason i follow this seriers....

in the same tier and place is Accelerator............yes he is one of the great anti-hero that i have ever seen, his development and redemption toward his past horrible killing and action give him a rapid development that i like,.......his ideologies at first is pretty twisted and finally get a logical thinking and clearance of soul........, his attempt in idolizes and mimic Touma's ideologies is pretty ironic and great.....

and my new fav character in the 3rd place is Misaki Shokuhou....she really has a great potential to be amazing heroin....her mysterious past with touma and maybe seria is the key of her importan role and maybe development in the future....
she is one of ironic character that actually is kind enough and hold some justice but got an cunning behavior........her moegap is when she is pretty cunning and has adult-like aura...she is pretty innocent
Old 2014-12-09, 15:15   Link #120
Fizix
Nitpicking

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
I only like Touma in this series. the other characters are just there to make the story is what ı think ;D and why is Mikoto this polular and why index is the heroine are two big questions that ı don't know the answer of

I think Misaka's popularity is down to a number of things:

1. She's quite a complex character, the anime and novels actually explore her thought processes and why she acts in certain ways. She's also one of the more developed characters.

2. Her interactions and relationship with Touma is believable, develops over time and they question each other's characters, this makes their relationship interesting.

3. Sisters arc and everything that's spun off the back of it; it (and the arcs that follow it) are easily amongst the most interesting and well written in the series, they are also very coherent and take the time to explore the characters involved.

4. The romantic element (with Misaka herself) is a develop over time thing as opposed to a shallow "you saved me therefore I love you", it grows and she tries to make sense of it which adds depth to her. The clone side of this is also interesting, seeing a clone make sense of their feelings.

I think its only natural for it to follow that many viewers/readers will feel a stronger connection to the character and will be more interested in them.

Its all down to character development, same goes for Accelerator; I don't think its any coincidence that the more popular characters are the ones who are explored beyond just their purpose to the plot.

As an aside, I feel this series has too many characters; so many just aren't developed at all but take up a lot of screen/page time which leads to several potentially interesting characters not being developed as much as they could be.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote