AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 18:23   Link #81
Traece
:cool:

I originally flagged this show as a "meh, why not?"

Having seen the first episode I should get in contact with my past self and reward him for having chosen it at all because I actually enjoyed this first episode quite a bit. Typically pilots can be much better (or worse) than the rest of the series, but in this case it was very normal. Normal is good, in my book. I'm intrigued by this relationship they've started and am hopeful that there's some great plot here to keep an interesting story running, because I'm now looking forward to this series.

Also, the opening and ending were strangely entertaining. Especially that dancing guy. I couldn't stop watching him for some reason.
Old 2013-07-02, 19:11   Link #82
Veviticus

Not sure what I think about the first episode. I mean, how absorbed into writing a book do you have to be to not hear the gunshots next to you. A guy dies right in front of her and she continues writing like nothing has happened.

Just gotta wait for the next episode to see where it goes.
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:56   Link #83
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So the scissors pass from the dude to the chick

Spoiler for Oh My:
Old 2013-07-03, 07:25   Link #84
novalysis

Shinobu really reminds me of Hitagi Senjougahara from Monogatari. Seriously. The Tsundereism, the occasional self-awareness, and most of all the Scissors. Yes. The Scissors. The author seems to be aping Nisio Isin when he came up with this character.

Overall, it's a very entertaining show. It is a shame though, that it's going to flop. To any casual viewer, it's right up the same alley as Crime Edge, and like Crime Edge, I think it might actually sell as little as 500 copies. Or less.

Commercial disaster in the making.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 08:27   Link #85
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I want to call it wan-derful but meh. I'll give it a second episode before I pass.

Also what is the policy on English titles? Had a bit of a time finding this thread because I was looking for Dog and Scissors
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 12:07   Link #86
Kyouka
Is Here

Hopefully he doesn't stay a dog for long
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:14   Link #87
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Shinobu really reminds me of Hitagi Senjougahara from Monogatari. Seriously. The Tsundereism, the occasional self-awareness, and most of all the Scissors. Yes. The Scissors. The author seems to be aping Nisio Isin when he came up with this character.
Scissors are more Mysterious Girlfriend X's weapon, to me. Hitagi's are staplers.

Though I can see the similarity. Also with that girl from Yahari something.

Did he get killed by his neighbor, who switched the wallets and went to lie low at his place or something?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:53   Link #88
askara

Long black hair+black stocking= win

well personal taste aside, the first eps is pretty good, nice heroine and MC and still dont know if the is pure gag or mature but i dont see how this setting/plot can last with the MC being a dog it get old pretty fast. hopefully he can temporary turn back into human or at-least talk the other people.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 19:26   Link #89
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Scissors are more Mysterious Girlfriend X's weapon, to me. Hitagi's are staplers.

Though I can see the similarity. Also with that girl from Yahari something.

Did he get killed by his neighbor, who switched the wallets and went to lie low at his place or something?
Well, we have Rei Clones, Haruhi Clones, Shana Clones.... and now, a new archtype revolving around scissors and being cold.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 21:34   Link #90
molitar

I am not impressed so far.. First of all he attacks and the clerk just stands there holding his head does not even try to help when the guy was down.. Secondly the whole being shot with the shotgun they made it stupid Hollywood theatrics where anyone with common sense could of dodged or rolled the robber took so long to point the gun at him before firing.

I hate stupid Hollywood Drama Stupidity Theatrics and to see it in an anime is even worse.. turns me off big time. Make it realistic he attacks.. loses and within a few seconds the guy shoots him.. not take like 20 seconds or more where anyone could of rolled, dodged, attempted to move away. The guy runs away and gets shot from the rear at least make him with some intelligence that he tries to survive, but to just sit there like a lump on the log while the robber takes a very careful aim and points gun at head within a few inches and takes time to pull the trigger just sucks.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 22:16   Link #91
Tenzen12

Anyone? You think about me quite highly...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 09:31   Link #92
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
It was surprisingly watchable, Ino'ue Marina's voice and Kirihime's character design helped a lot of course. The dog is cute too, and I really hope it doesn't turn back into another uninteresting male MC... as a dog he has much more potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
As an observer of the Japanese market for over 8 years, I can say this: this anime is NOT going to sell. You may all quote me on this months later. I promise you, I'm right.
It doesn't matter, as long as the singles sell to profit, as well as the ED singer and the novelist boost their sales. Production is obviously very cheap and can get covered with minimal sales.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 21:52   Link #93
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Episode 1 was not bad, although MC seems kinda boring. Kirihime is like Hitagi with a screw loose. I'm curious why Kirihime didn't do anything. I'm guessing she's having a trance while she writes. As for the MC, since his human head got blown up, I wonder how he will return being a human, if he can be human again.
Old 2013-07-06, 10:33   Link #94
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I guess its about time I did something about this, after all everyone should know and we must work together to stop this!

The hidden monopoly who controls the scissors trade today has finally shown its true colors! they are now infiltrating the anime industry and spreading their scissors based philosophy and ideology by making anime like this! they are trying to force their scissors worship on us hapless masses! they must be stopped!

I'll continue watching this, at least the first episode was interesting enough with their telepathy thing and promise of more girls to come.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 01:56   Link #95
Tenzen12

After watching Genshikenidaime n, I have to agree. You have my full support.

But how can they be stopped?

BTW: I am continue watch it too.
Old 2013-07-08, 11:33   Link #96
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 16:17   Link #97
HandofFate

Episode 2 was more nonsensical than the first.
Especially the part where the killer mimicked attacks from the books just by reading them, what?

Even if the dog came to terms with it, I still don't get how easily he accepts his death. Turns out it hasn't even been 1 day since he died from the newspaper article? That's awfully fast. I expected at least like weeks to month timeskip from him dying to transferring to a dog.

Liked the author's guilttrip on being the cause o the dude dying.
Kind of funny when she was going all dere and thinking how she was going to have sex with a dog and how it would work.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 16:47   Link #98
Tenzen12

For him it doesn't metter if he dies as long as he get read "Lust". That was clear from very begening, wasn't?
Old 2013-07-08, 16:59   Link #99
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Woah, what a change in personality at the end lol. From cold hearted and mean to cute and innocent XD

I'm liking this change of attitude lol.
Old 2013-07-08, 17:17   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The second episode somehow managed to be even worse than the first. Dropped. I have other stuff to watch.

Tags
comedy, harem