AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-01, 08:26   Link #2241
miketyson

I might be reading too much into those scenes, I agree. On the other hand, part of what makes Mari Okada Mari Okada is she likes to put stuff in that seems innocuous at the time you first see it but winds up having more significance on a later re-watch. It's not like that is something unique to her, but she's good enough at it she can work far more of that into a script than most of the other writers writing for anime.

The "weird feeling on the boat" had that "remember this for later" vibe, and Mikono's overly-long stare at Zessica's hand felt similar. So we'll see.

Also: I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Mikono and Cayenne turn out not to be blood-related.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 08:34   Link #2242
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Probably. But at the moment it looks kinda lame.
Why is it lame? Just because it's not a huge, aggressive power? I think a power building mutual understanding and coming together and all that is pretty cool. (Even on a personal level. Just imagine, no more petty catfights between friends that lead to huge falling outs, etc.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 08:44   Link #2243
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post

Also: I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Mikono and Cayenne turn out not to be blood-related.
Which lead me on speculating about Mikono being Amata's long lost sister.
Mikono looks like Alicia who is supposedly Amata's mom.
I was also wondering if the little wings on Mikono's shoes may be there to hint at some sort of link between the 2.
Their extremelly platonic bond.
I just wanted some star wars asspull with Izumo = Vador; Amata = Luke and Mikono = Leia. XD

But it's also full of plot holes. Especially when you believe that Amata is Altean.
Mikono as a girl shouldn't then be at all.
And why wouldn't she know what a cat is (unlike him)
And why would have she been raised by a rich family when Amata was left to fend for himself.
They don't seem to 'resonnate'. Though they seem to be some sort of deep mutual understanding here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Why is it lame? Just because it's not a huge, aggressive power? I think a power building mutual understanding and coming together and all that is pretty cool. (Even on a personal level. Just imagine, no more petty catfights between friends that lead to huge falling outs, etc.)
I'm a bit of a negative person, so that sort of thing slightly annoys me.

But cheesy has to be expected in a super robot show, so I won't complain anymore about it.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-01 at 09:22.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 08:47   Link #2244
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The thing that is bugging me is that Mix stated that elements who are blood-related resonate (which I think implies them having some sort of mental connection, Mikono supposed being able to know if Cayenne has a perverted mind) while there is nothing of the sort between Mikono and Cayenne which earlier was blamed on Mikono not having an elemental ability.

So either Mikono is not blood-related to Cayenne or we have a little plot hole here.
Mix is hardly what I would call an expert in this subject matter. For all we know that could just be a rumor among students.

Basically if it doesn't come from Fudo's mouth, I'm taking it with a gain of salt.

Quote:
Probably. But at the moment it looks kinda lame.
The power to fill holes was lame, but look what you can do with it under the right circumstances... I won't be writing anyone's ability off just yet.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-01 at 09:04. Reason: typo
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 09:22   Link #2245
mayumi

are these speculations or actual spoilers?
Spoiler:
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 09:30   Link #2246
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
are these speculations or actual spoilers?
Spoiler:
Only titles of episodes are true(first three lines), other is just speculation and guesses.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 22:37   Link #2247
Ypocaramel

巨人 giant man!? XD
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 02:17   Link #2248
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
巨人 giant man!? XD
巨人 means giant, though yes if you translate it literally it means giant men.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 04:25   Link #2249
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

And although I don't really like this pairing, but these are too adorable X3
Spoiler for Kagura & Mikono:
Old 2012-03-02, 09:39   Link #2250
mumucchi
hopeless romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Spoiler for Kagura & Mikono:
OH MY..HOLY SESAME SEEDS! this is sooo cute! >////< u made my day! ♥

Kaguraaaaaaaaaa

mumucchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 16:03   Link #2251
Thess

Only now I realize that Zessica is holding cards in the first (?) series poster:

Spoiler for lol random:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 16:41   Link #2252
mayumi

i always wondered what is zessica holding on top of her head in the posters released. Then i saw the close up and i see cards. lol.

but i think this poster was made back in summer or something cause her card is not spade.
Old 2012-03-02, 17:50   Link #2253
Thess

It's not the only card she's holding, though who knows what the others are.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:15   Link #2254
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Only now I realize that Zessica is holding cards in the first (?) series poster:
Hair brained prediction based on nothing but that poster: Amata's feather is cleverly used to mimic a feather like the ones that all Altair men wear (remember, his feathers are golden but the feather in the poster is silver), hinting at his origin and as his representation of Altair.

(Zessica holds Fudo's cards to represent Vega, and Mikono has an animal motif with her head-pet ears that matches subtly with Kagura's over the top animal motif.)
Old 2012-03-02, 21:32   Link #2255
ReddyRedWolf

Anybody noticed it was Fudo dug a hole for Amata to fall in?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 15:01   Link #2256
raziel12

i think later on the anime or sooner Zessica will end up betraying amata and Mikono not being able to get amata to look at her and gets more jealous over time till she cant stand it and ends up joining mykage and end up meeting kagura and take a intrest in him but i also think that mykage will play a part in zessica by toying and confusing her heart
cool if this happens
-zessica betrays amata
-kagura meets zessica
-later on zessica takes an intrest in kagura in hopes to forget amata
-over time zessica gets furious at mikono over the attension that amata and kagura gives her
-mikono confronts kagura and tells him she is sorry that she is not the girl that he's looking for

strange twist of fate lol
raziel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 15:15   Link #2257
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah... No.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 15:54   Link #2258
miketyson

raziel12: I could get behind that if it happened. It's not the most obvious way it could go but there's a certain logic to it: first Zessica gets frustrated because Amata is only into Mikono, then Kagura shows up and he's also into Mikono, leaving Zessica really mad. Seems like it'd still need a reason for Zessica to get really worked up about Kagura favoring Mikono, though.

Might work better if Mikono gets abducted, and only after that Zessica gets mad (because Mikono's the center of attention on both planets).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 16:19   Link #2259
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I doubt that would happen. Zessica doesn't strike me as that type of character. Now, if she was brainwashed by Mykage, then that is a possibility. But to voluntarily betray him, and all of Vega, herself is not within her character that has been revealed so far.
Old 2012-03-03, 16:19   Link #2260
mayumi

I am not exactly sure what is up with zessica being potrayed as a bad girl. If her jealously gets the best of her in the next few episodes I might consider it. But zessica's description says everything opposite to the kind of jealous girl we want to see from her. Also why would fudo allow such thing to happen.

Tags
comedy, science fiction