AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-06, 18:50   Link #81
Xion Valkyrie

I believe the demo is also set to easy mode or something. Like, in the actual game, you need more strategy and can't spam as much as you can in the demo.

Anyways, really favorable impressions from Japan, and since it has Japanese audio for the NA version and is made by the Silmeria team, it's a day 1 purchase for me =)

Also, for people who are interested:
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 20:45   Link #82
ufocatcher
Banned

I saw this game a while back and it's keeping my interest so far. I know Square didn't make it but the colors just remind me so much of Parasite Eve for some reason.

From what I'm seeing, it has the potential of being an epic game.
ufocatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:54   Link #83
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyways, really favorable impressions from Japan, and since it has Japanese audio for the NA version and is made by the Silmeria team, it's a day 1 purchase for me =)
Did they comfirm it?
Old 2010-02-12, 21:22   Link #84
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Did they comfirm it?
It's confirmed. Also, release date is March 16th!!!
Old 2010-02-12, 21:25   Link #85
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

There's a serious lack of (import) reviews of this game. How does this stack up to FF13? I am interested in buying, but which to buy first. I refuse to buy 2 JRPG's at the same time.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 21:37   Link #86
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
There's a serious lack of (import) reviews of this game. How does this stack up to FF13? I am interested in buying, but which to buy first. I refuse to buy 2 JRPG's at the same time.
Well, feedback from Japan seems to be pretty mixed over FFXIII, whereas for Resonance of Fate, although there's not as much feedback, most of it has been extremely positive.
Old 2010-02-12, 21:41   Link #87
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Well, feedback from Japan seems to be pretty mixed over FFXIII, whereas for Resonance of Fate, although there's not as much feedback, most of it has been extremely positive.
That's the thing. People tend to be less critical on less mainstream titles. I need proper reviews. :/ So I can understand if it's story drivin, purely gameplay driven and such, so I can see if it fits my taste. I tend to not care about review scores unless, it's less then an 8.
Old 2010-02-12, 22:02   Link #88
Westlo
Lets be reality

Also with FFXIII you have to take into account it's quite different from previous FF titles and lots of people won't like that period. So instead of juding the game on its merits they're already biased. I mean I see people who love FF8 saying the story of XIII sucks.. they haven't even played XIII and no one who loves FF8 should be talking shit about story, considering it's entire "lol orphan" scene.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 22:03   Link #89
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
That's the thing. People tend to be less critical on less mainstream titles. I need proper reviews. :/ So I can understand if it's story drivin, purely gameplay driven and such, so I can see if it fits my taste. I tend to not care about review scores unless, it's less then an 8.
Famitsu gave it a 9/8/9/8, with the only negative thing they said about it was that it was too hard. From what I've read, it's actually quite difficult, since battles are incredibly strategic later on, and the difficulty doesn't seem to be something you can just grind away. The combat system is also supposed to be incredibly deep, and with 10 difficulty levels, you'll have to be a master of it to be able to do the harder runs.

Edit: Here are the difficulties people have unlocked so far:

Normal
Hard
Advance
Professional
Hurt Me Plenty
Ultimate
Supremacy
Legendary

Apparently it keeps going after that, but most people assume 10 difficulty levels will be the max, although it could be like VP2 where there were 50 difficulty levels...

Double Edit: Oh and for those you perverts, you can buy a piece of clothing for Reanbell that allows maximum airflow =P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDi1bc5uK20

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2010-02-12 at 23:00.
Old 2010-02-13, 07:03   Link #90
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also with FFXIII you have to take into account it's quite different from previous FF titles and lots of people won't like that period. So instead of juding the game on its merits they're already biased. I mean I see people who love FF8 saying the story of XIII sucks.. they haven't even played XIII and no one who loves FF8 should be talking shit about story, considering it's entire "lol orphan" scene.
I loved the story of FF8. Sure it had it's faults, but the story was engaging. Just look at it, how you look at anime/manga and you are good to go.
Quote:
Famitsu gave it a 9/8/9/8, with the only negative thing they said about it was that it was too hard. From what I've read, it's actually quite difficult, since battles are incredibly strategic later on, and the difficulty doesn't seem to be something you can just grind away. The combat system is also supposed to be incredibly deep, and with 10 difficulty levels, you'll have to be a master of it to be able to do the harder runs.
Hmm still don't know what to think. Hmm thinking of just buying FF13 first and fetching this one after finishing/quiting that.
Old 2010-02-13, 07:14   Link #91
Sides

Quote:
Hmm still don't know what to think. Hmm thinking of just buying FF13 first and fetching this one after finishing/quiting that.
I would said do it the other way, since FF titles will get a large first (over)print and shops will drop the price for it. End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate will probably get a small print, especially if it is the ps3 version you're after, just look at pass jrpg titles on the ps3, valkyria chronicles, etenal sonata, folklore. All of them suffered from low prints and are still hard to get hold off, somewhat like jrpgs on gamecube titles, once it is gone it is gone.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:56   Link #92
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I would said do it the other way, since FF titles will get a large first (over)print and shops will drop the price for it. End of Eternity/Resonance of Fate will probably get a small print, especially if it is the ps3 version you're after, just look at pass jrpg titles on the ps3, valkyria chronicles, etenal sonata, folklore. All of them suffered from low prints and are still hard to get hold off, somewhat like jrpgs on gamecube titles, once it is gone it is gone.
I was thinking of getting the 360 version for RoF and the PS3 version for FF13. I guess what you say makes perfect sense.
Old 2010-02-13, 09:32   Link #93
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I was thinking of getting the 360 version for RoF and the PS3 version for FF13. I guess what you say makes perfect sense.
I'll be doing the same.
Old 2010-02-14, 01:56   Link #94
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'd say get the PS3 version if small prints are an issue; you're going to have a better resale value sometime down the road. Quite a few of my small-print RPGs in my collection actual sell higher in EBAY than I bought them for; not like I would sell them, but its good idea for most other people.

And its difficult? Oh yeah, day one buy for me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 07:30   Link #95
Westlo
Lets be reality

The 360 version is slightly better graphically.. though it's far from being a Bayonetta.

http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/EoE/EoE_42_360.png
http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/EoE/EoE_42_PS3.png

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/20100202

Seems Star Ocean 4 looks better on 360 as well.
Old 2010-02-14, 09:05   Link #96
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I'd say get the PS3 version if small prints are an issue; you're going to have a better resale value sometime down the road. Quite a few of my small-print RPGs in my collection actual sell higher in EBAY than I bought them for; not like I would sell them, but its good idea for most other people.

And its difficult? Oh yeah, day one buy for me.
I don't resell though. After looking back at my old ps2/psx gems I sold because I was looking for money. I decided never to sell games again.
Old 2010-02-14, 10:06   Link #97
iceyfw

Quote:
Double Edit: Oh and for those you perverts, you can buy a piece of clothing for Reanbell that allows maximum airflow =P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDi1bc5uK20
any word if they're going to be censoring this in the american version? i'm just making sure now
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 10:40   Link #98
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I don't resell though. After looking back at my old ps2/psx gems I sold because I was looking for money. I decided never to sell games again.
Well...you can look back and feel proud that you were able to get a hand on those games .
Old 2010-02-14, 10:48   Link #99
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Well...you can look back and feel proud that you were able to get a hand on those games .
Yeah that accounts at least for 5 seconds of proper satisfaction.
Old 2010-02-14, 12:30   Link #100
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
That's the thing. People tend to be less critical on less mainstream titles.
Wrong. People are less critical of mainstream titles because they're part of an established series, and are hyped. Hence, people are biased.

This especially goes for magazine and popular review sites, where reviewers are paid to give high scores, or influenced by advertising money/deals.

Tags
ps3, rpg, tri-ace