AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-30, 09:22   Link #241
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Lewis is down.... while somehow Emma could still stand up and shot with right accuracy
what a mysterious power
Well Emma didn't really need much accuracy. She fired a flare, all she needed to do was fire it Lewis's general direction. As Long Lewis could see it would be effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I am pissed that Lewis went down without killing a single child on his own. I just don't understand why humanity isn't just marching into the demon world and even gives them children to breed and eat when even a couple children with guns and flare grenades can end a dozen demons all on their own without losing a single child soldier. Who cares about regeneration or hard masks if you got tanks, planes and artillery? Come on, if Emma, Ray, unnamed Man and boy with hat who's name I forgot just like all of his friends name and girl who's name I also forgot because who the hell cares about them anyway can end Lewis, one of the best hunters of his time and still dangerous even if old, then a whole army of battle-experienced adults with modern weaponry would lay waste to the demon world.
So yeah, this end of this arc pisses me off. I hope some of the wounded kids will at least die. If they all survive their stomach and head wounds that could even end you if you would get into a hospital with real doctors within two hours then this arc was just shit all together with its hype on the demons as "ultimate enemy of humanity".
Well you can't underestimate the tactics used by the kids. Lewis was pretty much blind throughout the entire fight. And As Lewis pointed out, the same tricks won't work twice... can't rely on keeping them blind. And lewis was able to catch the bullets of multiple assault rifiles. As for the other demons, it was made clear they were killed because they kept underestimating their prey... also I would question if humans could even bring heavy weapons like tanks to this world considering the entrance to this world takes the form of an elevator.

Also can't underestimate the weakness that Lewis is under because of his age. Lewis is a monterous fighter, but he's also an old, and that seriously handicap's his regeneration. He can't regenerate as fast or as much as he used to. Lewis is well past his prime

Also not sure how important it is that the kids actually die. Most of the kids were so badly injured that they were as good as dead if the others did not win. A lot of them clearly lost. NO\ot to mention that some like the ones who fell to noumos didn't die because he was pretty much just toying with them; he seemed to specifically avoid killing them just so he could torture them.
Old 2018-06-30, 10:53   Link #242
Wandering Soul

And with Lewis down, the conflict is over. I forgot all about that weapon so it was a nice surprise. Lewis was a intimidating villain and he got a send off fitting his character.Now the moment of truth arrives: the moment we learn Mister's true name.
Old 2018-06-30, 11:15   Link #243
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Remember this was a way for them to hunt like in the old days, so they probably used weapons from back then (some of them didn't even use weapons). Nowadays, they might have weapons on par with those found in the human world.

Anyway, I do think there should have been some deaths. I expected at least Lucas to kick the bucket.
Old 2018-07-07, 12:32   Link #244
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The situation is more complicated than expected. They don't have enough medical equipment to treat all the injured, demons are still lurking inside the mansion and will come looking for Bayon and the others, and the trip to the shelter is too long and dangerous to make it with several injured people.

No time to celebrate their victory. I can't say I have a clue as to how they're going to save them.
Old 2018-07-07, 15:15   Link #245
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

now you guys got it... we'll see lots of people die during this journey
they are going through hell... abandon several people on their way

and to make it worse, they are going without Emma's persistence and willpower
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 15:36   Link #246
Wandering Soul

There is truly no rest for the weary. Everyone is not in the clear just because they beat Lewis and his group. If Emma was conscious she would definitely want to save everyone, but at this point it looks like their best bet may be to leave the all the severely injured behind and take the ones that can still make the trip.
Old 2018-07-08, 09:41   Link #247
Slayerx

I think one possible plan would be to split up. There was two paths to get to goldy Pond. Mister and Ray carry Emma through the fastest route back to the shelter to get her the medical treatment she needs, while Lucas and the rest go down the longer but safer path that would take a few weeks to get through. This assumes that the injured kids are stable enough

The other option would be for the injured to stay behind, but with intention of coming back for them (and lucas more than likely staying with them). The healthy head back to the shelter, get more medical supplies and weapons, and come back. The demons don't know about the hidden pathways so the injured could hide there for as long as necessary. The challenge would be getting them out afterwards, since that would depend on what the demon servants do... if they swarm the place, then escape will become a serious problem, but if they leave it alone after confirming the other demons were killed, then it might not be such a problem... Though this would still most likely mean them taking Emma with them, since it sounds like she would not last long enough for them to come back.
Old 2018-07-08, 11:00   Link #248
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think it depends on the gravity of the kids' injuries. A round trip through the fastest route takes at least three days, some of them may not be able to last that long. That might just be the gamble they have to take though.
Old 2018-07-09, 06:30   Link #249
Random14

I wonder how long until the rest of the demons come looking. I figured it would be too much to hope for those to be the only demons around, and even if they had information on them, most of their good fighters are down and out already.

I doubt they would simply abandon the wounded, maybe it'll be like with Phil (some stay behind and hide). Or the two seniors will split and lead the groups, though it was nice to see them meet up again at least.

Glad Lewis is down at last at least (did he meet Musica at some point?). And too bad Adam didn't chant that certain number within earshot of Emma or Ray, but that twist will probably come later.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 11:10   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Glad Lewis is down at last at least (did he meet Musica at some point?). And too bad Adam didn't chant that certain number within earshot of Emma or Ray, but that twist will probably come later.
Lewis definitely met Musica since both Sung-joo and her were in his flashback. I wouldn't be surprised if Sung-joo was an old buddy of his, considering they share the same interest in real hunts.

And yeah, they're keeping the Adam twist for later. We won't get to know Mister's name for a while either since Emma is unconscious (I know Lucas could say it, but that ruin the reveal).
Old 2018-07-10, 06:14   Link #251
Alanood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Lewis definitely met Musica since both Sung-joo and her were in his flashback. I wouldn't be surprised if Sung-joo was an old buddy of his, considering they share the same interest in real hunts.
Yeah. Seems like something happened to Sung joo to make him join the non-human eating religion.
Alanood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 08:37   Link #252
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanood View Post
Yeah. Seems like something happened to Sung joo to make him join the non-human eating religion.
He was most likely part of that religion from the beginning. His religion requires that they only eat animals that were born naturally; A thousand years ago, that would have included humans, and thus he was able to hunt and eat humans as much as he wanted. After the promise, the only humans demons could eat were farm raised and thus sung joo was no longer allowed to eat them.

Though it does seem a bit of an odd coincidence that Lewis knew Sung joo and musica in particular... granted i think there was more a relationship between him and musica; there are two panels of her, and the one image with sung joo shows him acting defensively for her, which implies an unfriendly encounter between him and lewis
Old 2018-07-13, 12:31   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They chose the first option after all, except Ray entrusted Emma to Mister and chose to stay with the rest of the group. Here's hoping Gelda won't blow up the shelter when she sees Mister coming back with a wounded and unconscious Emma and no Ray
Old 2018-07-14, 23:21   Link #254
Random14

Good thing they rushed off, they're really not up for more fights. Its too bad they couldn't use that place at all anymore, but too many bad memories and better to just wash it all away (especially to cover their tracks).

I hope the journey back doesn't take too long. I'm looking forward to the two groups meeting up. Its been quite a while since we've seen the Gracefield kids (though its probably only been days in-story).
Old 2018-07-16, 12:05   Link #255
~Yami~

yeah I'm not even surprised with the decision.... let's call this Emma-ism already

and congratulations for the big victory... although I'm sure one group might get wiped out

and from now on, the enemies are going to be much stronger because no one would underestimate Emma and Ray anymore
Old 2018-07-21, 11:41   Link #256
Wandering Soul

We finally found out Mister's name: Yuugo. I never would have guessed that considering how almost all of the other kids have names that are somewhat common in the west.

It looks like we haven't seen the last of Lewis considering how his body was missing. He may make a return in some way or another. He also could have served as a meal for someone else considering how we know that demons can eat one another
Old 2018-07-21, 12:00   Link #257
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't expecting a Japanese name either. I think that's a first in this manga? If that's the case, it really did turn out to be special. Anyway, glad he's finally got a name.

Speaking of Yuugo, he had actually forgotten about Gilda's threat

A bit disappointed we weren't shown the travels back to the shelter, but I guess there wasn't much point. I was surprised we're apparently already entering the "rescue Phil and the other kids" arc too. Emma isn't wasting time.
Old 2018-07-21, 17:06   Link #258
Random14

I just hope we find out what the seven walls mean, from Musica's hint and Mr. Minerva's info, it sounds really important.

And Lewis' body disappeared, huh? That's not a good sign. I wonder what happened to his pet too, whether it was just a pet or something more (or I'm being too paranoid).

So we finally found out his name, Yuugo (unless there's another translation for it?). I'm curious what the shelter will be like with so many kids inside it. At least Emma's awake although they're not up to full fighting power yet, but then many of the Goldy pond kids were training for their uprising for years, so that's still a big boost to their fighting power.
Old 2018-07-21, 18:41   Link #259
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

People are saying his name could be Hugo, which would definitely fit more. I don't remember the names of his friends (except Lucas' of course) but I'm pretty sure they had western names too.
Old 2018-07-22, 03:45   Link #260
~Yami~

wow no one died... that is a "huge" timeskip
I guess they can't let anyone died yet before a big war because they're facing a whole armies of overpowered demons soon

Emma can't really rest, isn't it? I wonder if going back directly to Grace Field would be that easy