AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 37 43.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 24.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-17, 09:36   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
This series has only 13 episodes!?!?! Wow, I really liked this series so far. I thought it would be around 24 episodes judging from the progress of the show. I was expecting for Chole to make a comeback and learn more about her. As well as learning more about the other characters (Lawrence, Horo, and Nora). Now, I feel really disappointed. I feel a sense of incompleteness of this series.
Well I'm sure many would have loved the series to go 24 episodes or more. But sadly 13 is just where we will be finishing up at least for now. Never know what may happen in the future.

With Lawrence and Horo going further North unlikely that Chloe would be playing a role. Wouldn't be expecting much backtracking in the long term of the story.

Probably is that sense of incompleteness since the story is complete. We're pretty early in a series that has a lot of source material still out there. Will have to hope for more seasons that can allow us to look further into the characters.
Old 2008-03-17, 12:26   Link #122
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, its a *traveling* story. He's committed to taking her all the way north (a journey of hundreds of miles by cart which probably means about 5-10 miles a day minus stops and adventures). Chloe and Lawrence are finished --- she made her choice in the sewers as did he.
Its as yet unclear whether Nora will continue with them or not (even temporarily til she gets to a nice city further north away from the church) -- and assuming they survive this smuggling operation.

The only incompleteness is how far Lawrence and Horo take their relationship within the anime. The rest is error of expectations. We don't know whether they'll go for an anime-only ending or not (personally, I'm hoping for a passionate liplock but expectation is zero).

My observation is that Horo and Lawrence *have* an established companionship at this point --- how romantic that gets, how many times they fight and maybe make up, and what happens at the end of their journey far beyond the anime is a mystery at present.
Old 2008-03-17, 13:43   Link #123
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Right now the only thing I expect Horo's lips to be going after would be those peaches she was after at the start of the arc. No way she is going to forget that just because of a little chaos like Lawrence getting into debt and a gold scheme. Though not denying it would be a pretty nice conclusion to the anime....at least for now.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:11   Link #124
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I don't quite think their relationship has developed into a romantic one at this point. I see it more as a good friendship. While do think they love each other I don't think its the kind of love that is between something a wife and husband share or to the level of both of them kissing. While I won't leave out the possibilty of them kissing at some point I just don't see it happening. Perhaps in another season if there is ever one to be made.
Old 2008-03-17, 17:30   Link #125
Oxtail

As much as I'd like to see a kiss, I don't really see it happening, either. One of the things that bugs me about anime is how much they idealize the kiss so that it can't happen until the end of the story.

But it would be nice if they could show SOME affection. Maybe have him groom her tail a la Inukami. You know these boards would explode if something like that happened.
Old 2008-03-17, 17:44   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's actually been a ton of hugging, handholding, and body-nuzzling, not to mention all the verbal affirmations. So I think that's great (don't actually need a kiss). If they don't --- that's a better setup for further seasons or OVAs to follow the all the stories to come.
Old 2008-03-17, 17:54   Link #127
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Agree that even without a kiss they've shown the bond between the two. Sure though, I'll take whatever more we get between them before the series is done.
Old 2008-03-18, 04:04   Link #128
MyGoddess
Tessa-sama

Send a message via MSN to MyGoddess
Haha! Lawrence is such a hopeless softy, just like me.

Maybe I was expecting more from this episode since the last one had more tension but I can't complain. I'm looking forward to the next episode to see if their plan works or not.
Old 2008-03-23, 21:23   Link #129
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
So believe me Oxtail, this is that grand scheme. There is nothing "grander" than gold smuggling. The profits are immense, (the dangers are immense...) so it's the biggest gig since VanGoh invented paint =). It's not easy, and it is extremely crazy.
Actually depending on period Spice or Tulip smuggling might be more rewarding.

Top end Spices [Saffron on occasions in Europe for example] can be more valuable by weight than gold and at the peak of Tulip Mania [Which is probably a bit late for this shows period] the rewards for Tulip dealing were insanely high.

In 1636 1 tulip bulb was reportedly sold for four tons of wheat, eight tons of rye, one bed, four oxen, eight pigs, 12 sheep, one suit of clothes, two casks of wine, four tons of beer, two tons of butter, 1,000 pounds of cheese and a silver drinking cup.

This was a period when one could buy shares in a single Tulip bulb at the Dutch Stock Exchange. Within 2 years the value of Tulip bulbs would have lost 5 orders of magnitude.

We will know Laurance has lost all sense when he starts investing in Tulip futures.
Old 2008-03-23, 21:36   Link #130
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Actually depending on period Spice or Tulip smuggling might be more rewarding.

In 1636 1 tulip bulb was reportedly sold for four tons of wheat, eight tons of rye, one bed, four oxen, eight pigs, 12 sheep, one suit of clothes, two casks of wine, four tons of beer, two tons of butter, 1,000 pounds of cheese and a silver drinking cup.
Sound more like a Christmas song, it would be perfect if it had, a partridge in a fair tree.
Old 2008-03-24, 02:37   Link #131
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

By "one bed", do you mean "accommodations for the night", or an actual bed, with mattress, linens, and so on?
Old 2011-05-06, 11:12   Link #132
Progbuusters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's actually been a ton of hugging, handholding, and body-nuzzling, not to mention all the verbal affirmations. So I think that's great (don't actually need a kiss). If they don't --- that's a better setup for further seasons or OVAs to follow the all the stories to come.
rewatching season 1. I agree, there doesn't need to be a kiss. Also I think they're a couple already. Maybe its a different culture (Japan?). People don't need to go on formal dates, or kiss, or say the "L" word. I think they became an item when they first escaped into the sewar.
Closed Thread