Old 2014-08-20, 02:29   Link #6061
hamazura
whatever

medicine > izanami
get rekt uchiha!
Old 2014-08-20, 02:41   Link #6062
Calca
Expressionless

The hell kind of weird medicine is this?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 02:48   Link #6063
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Welcome to time travel, Captain Hitsugaya.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 03:38   Link #6064
Esclair

Trollrific chapter. Seems like Hitsugaya can't even catch a break even as an enemy.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 03:44   Link #6065
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Trollrific chapter. Seems like Hitsugaya can't even catch a break even as an enemy.
To be fair, he did go up against probably the worst possible enemy ever. If I were a mindless zombie, I'd rather not fight one of the most intelligent people known. Hell I'd rather fight Kenpachi. At least it'd be a hack and slash fest and as a zombie that feels no pain or no fear I'd have a chance.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 04:14   Link #6066
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

So yeah, I immediately thought of Izanami while reading this. Unfortunately, that made this chapter underwhelming for me.

Kurotsuchi is a fine character and all but I dislike the of random medicine which he pulls out of a hat AKA Deus-Ex-Machina.

Still, can't say I didn't enjoy Hitsugaya getting trolled. But the question remains: is he still alive? If he can be brought back, then I'd rather just skip this plot point completely and go straight to Ichigo and his friends at the Soul Palace or wherever Uryuu, Hasch and Bach are at.
Old 2014-08-20, 06:08   Link #6067
Eragon
Still Alive

Mayuri learned from the best on how to to troll Shiro-chan can't catch a break when up against intelligent opponents lol.
Old 2014-08-20, 07:17   Link #6068
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Why are Mayuri's fights always so damn entertaining? XD
Old 2014-08-20, 08:14   Link #6069
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

There is no Mayuri. Only trollface.jpg
Old 2014-08-20, 08:56   Link #6070
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

holy crap that troll face lol
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 10:04   Link #6071
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How does this drug work exactly? Did Hitsugaya just stand there drooling while imagining the battle unfolding in his mind? Although it wasn't just his imagination, he was seeing the actual future.
Old 2014-08-20, 10:26   Link #6072
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From a medical POV, he hallucinated an extended period of time in the duration of a few real world seconds, stirring up his entire brain and...somehow damaging his labyrinth (hence the loss of balance?). No clue how he went for a loop that triggers specifically on his death though, so...bleach logic :P

Mayuri is the only character along with Urahara who can safely say "I know everything you might do", they're both geniuses and Mayuri loves performing experiments and observing his results, so being able to predict Toushiro's reactions is not out of the question.

Ok, this was a pretty damn good chapter.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 11:19   Link #6073
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
So yeah, I immediately thought of Izanami while reading this. Unfortunately, that made this chapter underwhelming for me.

Kurotsuchi is a fine character and all but I dislike the of random medicine which he pulls out of a hat AKA Deus-Ex-Machina.

Still, can't say I didn't enjoy Hitsugaya getting trolled. But the question remains: is he still alive? If he can be brought back, then I'd rather just skip this plot point completely and go straight to Ichigo and his friends at the Soul Palace or wherever Uryuu, Hasch and Bach are at.
Judging by the direction it moves, i.e. by Mayuri's "Your brain finally started to notice" or "You can talk" lines, it seems he's going to get him out of that state.

So yeh, sad news for some people, Hitsu is likely gonna live.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 13:41   Link #6074
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

such a trollish chapter

....but i still prefers aizen....kurotsuchi ...i don't know ...he lack something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How does this drug work exactly? Did Hitsugaya just stand there drooling while imagining the battle unfolding in his mind? Although it wasn't just his imagination, he was seeing the actual future.
its bleach, man.....

anyway, what if he just freeze the area...or he's just standing there....in that case this is just like lucid dreams.....yeah..bleach logic

Quote:
So yeh, sad news for some people, Hitsu is likely gonna live.
lies....

......yeah....but..i going to enjoy his pain...
Old 2014-08-20, 14:09   Link #6075
ChampDream
Alive

Mayuri's face at the end is pure gold, that I good trollface.
Old 2014-08-20, 14:38   Link #6076
DorkingtonPugsly

From the moment the repeat started I couldn't stop smiling. My favorite character doing his favorite thing. Ah it's fun.
Old 2014-08-20, 14:57   Link #6077
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The drug gives Hitsugaya the ability to time travel. The catch is that the effects end/loop when he kills Mayuri. The drug also has a "flaw" that affects the short term memory, so Hitsugaya doesn't know how many times he has been through the loop. This is a problem because after 10 loops, the side effects kick in and the user is paralyzed. Since Hitsugaya is not thinking for himself (zombie and all that), he catches on far too slowly.

You see that side effect kick in at the end of the chapter, when Hitsugaya stumbles and Mayuri strikes him down with the trollface.

The basic point of the chapter is that Mayuri invented a drug that lets evade death until he wins.....even if that means "dying" in a time loop 10 times before he's successful.
Old 2014-08-20, 15:16   Link #6078
hamazura
whatever

nah, not time travel
if you read jojo, just imagine yoshikage's killer queen or giorno's gold experience requiem abilities.
exactly the same
Old 2014-08-20, 19:27   Link #6079
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
such a trollish chapter

....but i still prefers aizen....kurotsuchi ...i don't know ...he lack something..
I have little doubt that Aizen would take Mayuri in a fight. Only Ichigo, with his divine plot armor, is able to take him on one-on-one. But Mayuri is just so much more entertaining than Aizen.

Aizen is so successful because he cheats, though he's also so full of himself that he pretends it's solely due to some kind of inherent advantage he has over everyone else. He's a bullshit artist at heart, but has bought into his own BS.

Mayuri cheats, and while he is certainly full of himself, he will freely admit that he cheats, has not an ounce of shame about it, and will laugh in your face if you bitch about it. I guarantee that the first of the many physical modifications he made to himself was the installation of a pair of 20-pound brass balls.
Old 2014-08-20, 20:28   Link #6080
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
There is no Mayuri. Only kuboface.jpg
fixed
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter