Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-04, 19:54   Link #18821
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Zaku View Post
I was thinking about getting into gunpla and I really like the 00 Series. Which model from 00 do you think is good for beginner to invest in.
Well first of all avoid the Master Grade kits. Other than that, it really depends on how coordinated you are. If you're really, really good at holding teeny tiny objects, you may be able to make do with an HG 1/144. For a beginner though, I would recommend an HG 1/100; it should be a good introduction given the larger pieces and relatively simple construction. Which one you get is really up to you, though the HG 1/100 Over Flag is a really, really good kit. A useful tip though: hold onto the piece as you cut it out of the runner so it doesn't go flying or snap in half (I learned that the hard way). Oh, one last thing: Welcome to the world of gunpla.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:42   Link #18822
justavisitor

I don't think 1/100 has HG?? For 1/100 I think gunpla only has 1/100 and MG 1/100

And I am totally not a coordinated person but I could still handle 1/144...so don't worry too much (besides, HG 1/144 is cheaper )

If you don't like to paint, make sure check some sites to see how the unpainted version will look like... (Eg...sometimes they will give you a white beam saber...or even worse, no beam saber at all)..one site I like is dalong.net...that site shows the unpainted version and will show you what accessories each model will have

Last thing, purely my experience, is perhaps you better think twice before buying a model that
has a big backpack...not all models (especially HG 1/144) come with a stand, and a model has a serious weight issue can really frustrate you at times

I hope it helps a bit XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:46   Link #18823
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I don't think 1/100 has HG?? For 1/100 I think gunpla only has 1/100 and MG 1/100
Technically the 1/100 line is HG both in construction and in quality. In fact, 1/100 kits previously used to carry the "HG" label, until they were removed in the 1/100 SEED line for some reason, despite the quality being much improved.

I sometimes still find myself referring to 1/100's as "HG 1/100" at times...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:38   Link #18824
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I sometimes still find myself referring to 1/100's as "HG 1/100" at times...
Nice to know I'm not alone.
Old 2010-10-05, 01:08   Link #18825
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Not really fussed about the LEDs - I just hope for some special stands or display options to showcase the sword bits in use and some red beam effect parts for the Raiser Sword (or is it called something else since its not OO Raiser anymore?).
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:33   Link #18826
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Not really fussed about the LEDs - I just hope for some special stands or display options to showcase the sword bits in use and some red beam effect parts for the Raiser Sword (or is it called something else since its not OO Raiser anymore?).
The stand will probably be separate, and I think there are beam effect parts that attach to the Sword Bits to simulate beam sabers. I guess its called the Raiser Sword II.
Old 2010-10-05, 02:35   Link #18827
bio9205
Reborn

Any chance we might get RD Harute, Zabanya, and Raphael/Seravee II?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 05:18   Link #18828
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Any chance we might get RD Harute, Zabanya, and Raphael/Seravee II?
100% chance.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 05:34   Link #18829
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
100% chance.
Sex. Any estimates on when? Seeing how HG 1/144 GN-XIV and Seravee II have not been announced, I'm starting worry...
Old 2010-10-05, 05:51   Link #18830
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Sex. Any estimates on when? Seeing how HG 1/144 GN-XIV and Seravee II have not been announced, I'm starting worry...
We'll probably have one or two more of the movie 00 Gundams by the end of year. It really shouldn't take long to get them all announced. I mean, the Brave is already announced, and shown too.

As for the release dates, hard to tell. I'd say it'll be another full year till all the RD 00 movie MS are released. I bet we won't get the RD Brave till next Spring. Robot Damashii figures have a very slow release schedule.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 05:58   Link #18831
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Heck, after seeing the scratch build of Zabaniya, I could use a 1/100 anytime.

Without Nghee khiong, where I could get all the news now? We need a well-informed person here, not biased towards any of the series. I felt the same thing NK did but never thought he'd experience what he has experienced so far. The Gundam community is indeed filled with scary people :/
Old 2010-10-05, 06:15   Link #18832
bio9205
Reborn

I just read Ngee Khiong's final post. He brought up something I really didn't notice, since I'm not that into Gunpla, but I appreciate his point of view, and more importantly, his work on his blog. It's helped me a lot so far, and I applaud him for his hard work.

Sir Dearka, NK posted some (actually, a hell lot of) links in his final post, maybe you could source for them there.

I'm not too worried, doesn't matter if I'm up-to-date with the news, as long as the kits I want get released.

Also, thanks for the heads up, Nosferatu. I knew you were the guy to go to for RD. I've only been buying HG 1/144 so far, eager to try out RD but a bit hesitant due to the steep prices.
Old 2010-10-05, 06:22   Link #18833
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Yeah, I know about the links, bio9205, but y'know, gathering all the news from so many sites... I am a lazy man and I can't help but think Ngee Khiong was doing the work (which is helluva lot of work).

After buying a Gundam RD, I just think they are not of such quality as Geass ones, so I stopped buying them. My only hope in 1/100s (which I prefer over 1/144 HG, but so few kits are released here) and Master Grades...
Old 2010-10-05, 06:48   Link #18834
bio9205
Reborn

I prefer HG 1/144 for the variety.

MG 00Q isn't quite looking like what I expected. It just doesn't have that insanely epic feel MG Exia had to it.
Old 2010-10-05, 07:00   Link #18835
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
what i see Bandai Strategy for 1/100 is that they are focusing more on MG line instead of the normal 1/100 scale since MG is alot more popular.

HG1/144 is for they release for the different variety of suits (which now i convert to mainly hg1/144 collector)
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 07:09   Link #18836
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I prefer HG 1/144 for the variety.

MG 00Q isn't quite looking like what I expected. It just doesn't have that insanely epic feel MG Exia had to it.
To be honest, the MG Exia also didn't look that good when it was first revealed, in fact many said that it was no more than a more gimmicky version of the 1/100 model. Of course, better and more proper pics are needed to see how good the 00Q is supposed to be. Also, we're not yet sure if the 00Q will have a "special edition" set like the Strike Freedom, Destiny and Exia.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 07:12   Link #18837
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The stand will probably be separate, and I think there are beam effect parts that attach to the Sword Bits to simulate beam sabers. I guess its called the Raiser Sword II.
I was thinking more like Quantum Sword (kinda like how OO Raiser = Raiser System, when OOQ = Quantum System???).

Anyway, something about the MG OOQ's chest doesnt also seem to be consistent with the lineart. The chest armor seems a bit out of place, if u know what I mean (It takes a bit of familiarity with the 1/144 HG, which I think is VERY accurate to the lineart).

Also, what's so special about the sword bits swivelling to the side of the shield? Unless it can act as some sort of claw? Or is it to reveal the beam gun its supposed to have?

Last edited by M_Flores; 2010-10-05 at 07:15. Reason: cbf double posting
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 07:21   Link #18838
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
I was thinking more like Quantum Sword (kinda like how OO Raiser = Raiser System, when OOQ = Quantum System???).
Apparently Setsuna still goes "TRANS-AM RAISAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!" so I think that's it.

Quote:
Anyway, something about the MG OOQ's chest doesnt also seem to be consistent with the lineart. The chest armor seems a bit out of place, if u know what I mean (It takes a bit of familiarity with the 1/144 HG, which I think is VERY accurate to the lineart).
I agree. From pictures alone, MG 00Q doesn't seem to be very accurate. Not only the chest and the aforementioned hip joint, the legs seem to be too short in terms of proportion.

Quote:
Also, what's so special about the sword bits swivelling to the side of the shield? Unless it can act as some sort of claw? Or is it to reveal the beam gun its supposed to have?
Probably just something to make 00Q more gimmick-y and less boring.
Old 2010-10-05, 09:37   Link #18839
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Apparently Setsuna still goes "TRANS-AM RAISAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!" so I think that's it.
Huh, I didn't know the 00Q could use Trans-Am Raiser.

Quote:
I agree. From pictures alone, MG 00Q doesn't seem to be very accurate. Not only the chest and the aforementioned hip joint, the legs seem to be too short in terms of proportion.
Yeah I'm kinda disappointed in it so as as well. What really gets me is that the colorless prototype looked better than this.

Quote:
Probably just something to make 00Q more gimmick-y and less boring.
Well the movie did a near-perfect job at making it boring, so it wouldn't take much. By the way, any official confirmation that the GN Shield actually houses a beam rifle/cannon?
Old 2010-10-05, 11:52   Link #18840
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Huh, I didn't know the 00Q could use Trans-Am Raiser.

Yeah I'm kinda disappointed in it so as as well. What really gets me is that the colorless prototype looked better than this.

Well the movie did a near-perfect job at making it boring, so it wouldn't take much. By the way, any official confirmation that the GN Shield actually houses a beam rifle/cannon?
The 00 Qan(T) itself is not boring in design and potential, just in presentation and screen-time.

I have been madly in love it for some reason in the last one week ago after I managed to create custom handles for my Sword Bit on the HG and pose them in a flying position using some creativity and materials. (hint: bamboo sticks and some plasticine)

And yeah, 00Q can use the Raiser Sword with the buster rifle and the HG manual confirms there is a beam gun in the shield. Although I don't think it's been showcased model-wise or hoe it looks like.

=========

Custom magazine 1/100 Arios Ascalon:

http://c.imagehost.org/0770/14ca9d6b809488.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0073/14ca9d6a46aff2.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0851/14ca9d6af200fa.jpg
http://c.imagehost.org/0250/14ca9d69bcb38b.jpg

Credit: Homeless.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-06 at 05:08.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy