AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-03-15, 21:22   Link #6381
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Cao Cao vs (Shin vol. 2) Kiba
Cao Cao will win.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-18, 10:06   Link #6382
Blazor 98

Rias vs Irina
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-19, 05:31   Link #6383
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Rias vs Irina
Either one.
Old 2019-03-19, 08:19   Link #6384
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Either one.
Think so? I would think Irina has the advantage due her light attacks and her Hauteclere being a huge weakness for Rias.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-19, 10:01   Link #6385
bluestahli1

Yeah, well she can just nuke the self proclaimed angel with a huge ass power of destruction
also, if she looses to the self proclaimed angel, then she'll file a restraining order not to come within a certain amount of distance to ise
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-19, 11:30   Link #6386
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
Think so? I would think Irina has the advantage due her light attacks and her Hauteclere being a huge weakness for Rias.
Yes, but the POD would also inflict a tremendous amount of damage on Irina (probably kill her instantly).

What really matters in this fight is Irina's speed. If she is fast enough to dodge the orbs of POD, and quickly close the distance between her and Rias, then she is going to win. If Irina is not fast enough Rias will probably overload her with continuous POD attacks and eventually hit her and defeat her.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-19, 14:29   Link #6387
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
Yes, but the POD would also inflict a tremendous amount of damage on Irina (probably kill her instantly).

What really matters in this fight is Irina's speed. If she is fast enough to dodge the orbs of POD, and quickly close the distance between her and Rias, then she is going to win. If Irina is not fast enough Rias will probably overload her with continuous POD attacks and eventually hit her and defeat her.
I don't know. Irina also has her range of light attacks such as light arrows and also can release waves of holy aura from her sword to counter Rias POD.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 02:23   Link #6388
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
I don't know. Irina also has her range of light attacks such as light arrows and also can release waves of holy aura from her sword to counter Rias POD.
Rias' win because she'll start saying perverted things and putting perverted thoughts in Irina's head which will stop her in her tracks and Rias will blast her with POD while she's distracted.

Really this match is even though the way Ishibumi writes the story.
Old 2019-03-22, 06:15   Link #6389
syzorst
syzorst

Here's an interesting match up.

Kokabiel vs Current Xenovia (no Excalibur's sheath)
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 10:35   Link #6390
Lucidrago

Quote:

Kokabiel penetrates her body with his giant light spear and wins.
Old 2019-03-22, 11:00   Link #6391
Blazor 98

Quote:
Kokabiel penetrates her body with his giant light spear and wins.
That's a close one that could go either way. I don't think Kokabiel is at Maou class so Xenovia has a good chance.
Old 2019-03-22, 11:02   Link #6392
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:

Does she have the armor or no, because being serious she's, really versatile even without the sheath. Not to mention with Ruler she can avoid the "giant light spear" or change the trajectory so... Xenovia.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 12:24   Link #6393
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
Does she have the armor or no, because being serious she's, really versatile even without the sheath. Not to mention with Ruler she can avoid the "giant light spear" or change the trajectory so... Xenovia.
By that logic she should win against almost everybody even a Maou-class opponent like Grayfia. But thrre' s still no evidence that Xenovia is good enough to use Ruler in a one-on-one battle yet. As Ruler is the most difficult to use of Excalibur's abilities and takes a lot of focus and concentration to use.

We have seen Xenovia use it when fighting the magician in Volume 14 but that was with everybody fighting. She used it in Volume 23 in the Rating Game but she had no one on her. She used it in Volume 25 but that was when Xenovia was fighting with Ouryuu and Irina and Apollo didn't have his attention solely focused on her.

In a one-on-one battle where Xenovia's opponent has their attention solely focused on her she may not be able to use Ruler.
Old 2019-03-24, 09:30   Link #6394
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
By that logic she should win against almost everybody even a Maou-class opponent like Grayfia. But thrre' s still no evidence that Xenovia is good enough to use Ruler in a one-on-one battle yet. As Ruler is the most difficult to use of Excalibur's abilities and takes a lot of focus and concentration to use.

We have seen Xenovia use it when fighting the magician in Volume 14 but that was with everybody fighting. She used it in Volume 23 in the Rating Game but she had no one on her. She used it in Volume 25 but that was when Xenovia was fighting with Ouryuu and Irina and Apollo didn't have his attention solely focused on her.

In a one-on-one battle where Xenovia's opponent has their attention solely focused on her she may not be able to use Ruler.
Why would she not be able to use Ruler in a one-on-one fight? We know she has been training herself to use it and we know she can use it? So her being solo or with a group shouldn't matter we know she has some form of control over it. Besides I said she can use it to evade or change the trajectory to dodge it not fully control it. Also it takes time for him to charge up the giant spear as well. I also said she is versatile so you have to factor in the other abilities as well

But to get to a deeper point this is why I'm rude to you, comments like the one bolded, no that's by your logic, when I'm commenting I taking everything into consideration. You seem to lack nuance or substance in a lot of yours. You didn't even answer the question seriously you just said he throws a big light spear no depth at all, but you want to cry about against the Ruler ability? What about the other abilities, Durandal, or the armor or her versatility?

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-03-24 at 10:42.
Old 2019-03-24, 17:44   Link #6395
B214

Quote:
Why would she not be able to use Ruler in a one-on-one fight?
Is she still training those other abilities after V19, cause from what i've seen from V19, Strada thought Xenovia to screw technique and focus on destructive power like a Durandal user should. Did she even use any of the Excalibur abilities in the Azazel Cup?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 20:01   Link #6396
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Is she still training those other abilities after V19, cause from what i've seen from V19, Strada thought Xenovia to screw technique and focus on destructive power like a Durandal user should. Did she even use any of the Excalibur abilities in the Azazel Cup?
What the hell does that have to do with a hypothetical fight between Xenovia and Kokabiel . We know she can use the abilities what are you talking about? To answer your question that you could easily look up yes she has used them in the tournament. Its even stated in vol.23 Ravel gave Xenovia a strict training menu for the seven abilities.
Old 2019-03-24, 20:59   Link #6397
Lucidrago

Quote:
Why would she not be able to use Ruler in a one-on-one fight? We know she has been training herself to use it and we know she can use it? So her being solo or with a group shouldn't matter we know she has some form of control over it. Besides I said she can use it to evade or change the trajectory to dodge it not fully control it. Also it takes time for him to charge up the giant spear as well. I also said she is versatile so you have to factor in the other abilities as well

But to get to a deeper point this is why I'm rude to you, comments like the one bolded, no that's by your logic, when I'm commenting I taking everything into consideration. You seem to lack nuance or substance in a lot of yours. You didn't even answer the question seriously you just said he throws a big light spear no depth at all, but you want to cry about against the Ruler ability? What about the other abilities, Durandal, or the armor or her versatility?
Sorry it took me so long to respond.

With Ruler, I'm just using what I've seen of Xenovia using it and just noticed she hasn't used it in a one-on-one battle yet where her opponent is solely focusing on attacking her.

Yes Xenovia has improved her ability to use Ruler. But Xenovia is first and foremost a power-type. And Ruler is a difficult ability to master and out of the 7 abilities of Excalibur it's the one she's least compatible with IIRC(will have to go back through the novels to confirm that so I may be wrong). You wonder why if Xenovia has used Ruler before then why shouldn't she be able to use it in a one-on-one battle? Well in my view, mostly because it requires a lot of concentration and focus to use. And if Xenovia could use Ruler so well in a one-on-one battle, then she would be much closer to a technique-type than a power-type. And we know that isn't the case. That's just my take on it. And we have no info probing that Xenovia has mastered Ruler to the point of using it in a one-on-one battle.

About not really answering the match-up seriously, you're right about that. I have been giving tongue-in-cheek responses for almost every match-up mostly because any answer is just going to be who we want to win as the way Ishibumi writes the series, power levels are very vague for almost everyone besides Issei. And when I did answer seriously before, many people would just talk about one character's strengths and none of the other character's and give the win to the former. So when I answer match-ups now I tend to give tongue-in-cheek responses or just respond with 'either way.' Which is wrong of me and I apologize for that.
Old 2019-03-25, 03:58   Link #6398
Blazor 98

Indra once stated in Volume 25 that the current generation is abnormal but who would you consider to be the monsters of this generation? (Besides Issei of course)
Old 2019-03-25, 04:25   Link #6399
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Indra once stated in Volume 25 that the current generation is abnormal but who would you consider to be the monsters of this generation? (Besides Issei of course)
Gasper, Cao Cao, Sairaorg, Rias in Balor form, Xeno with Excal sheath, Dulio, and Tobio

Most people who are in close proximity to Issei have had an abnormal growth, though most of them have yet to become a monster.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-25, 04:33   Link #6400
Lex79

I'd add Vali and remove Rias and Xenovia.