AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 19:11   Link #61
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Also, technically aren't both Dalton from Drum and Kaku from the CP9 both users of the "Ushi-Ushi" fruit?

Just one's a bison, the other's a giraffe ^_^
Old 2009-08-22, 07:14   Link #62
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
Also, technically aren't both Dalton from Drum and Kaku from the CP9 both users of the "Ushi-Ushi" fruit?

Just one's a bison, the other's a giraffe ^_^
That's what models are for. They have base of a cow but diffrent models. Like there are dog models (dashhunt and wolf are all dog models).
Old 2009-08-22, 08:50   Link #63
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

a giraffe has the base of a cow? maybe...hooves and spots???

EDIT: I wonder if the author is trying to setup the theme for double fruits? Perhaps in the word, there are occasionally fruits which have doubles. (I mean, how many centuries did that gomu gomu fruit go uneaten? and if they were created recently, then they weren't around in the "old world," which means there is a process to create them. They aren't magical "since-beginning-of-time" super longevity fruits.)
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 20:56   Link #64
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Did they skip the small scenes where you see the locations for the others? or is it yet too come? Because if it should be seen a few scenes back then its possible that some time further in the future the studio will use the opportunity too create few small mini-arcs for each character except Luffy and show there side of the story... too buy time for more manga materials of course.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 23:32   Link #65
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Did they skip the small scenes where you see the locations for the others? or is it yet too come? Because if it should be seen a few scenes back then its possible that some time further in the future the studio will use the opportunity too create few small mini-arcs for each character except Luffy and show there side of the story... too buy time for more manga materials of course.
Those scenes are yet to come, I think in about 3 or 4 eps.
Old 2009-08-23, 07:11   Link #66
Crimson Reaper

Well, 414 was quite the episode. My fears on how they would keep to just one chapter without it looking dragged out were baseless, I liked the original content.

Great action, we once again see how incredible Gear 2nd is and yet another example why Luffy is such a selfless person. Even after all the crap they put him through he never let it affect his morals in a battle. I was also pleased how touching they made the last couple of minutes.

Next week Hancock nudity...Err NO I mean the truth behind the sisters past! Really!! Such a shame no anime only fans have posted their thoughts on what they think the secret on their back is, it was a big discussion point at this point in the manga. Oh well. Really looking foward to next week!
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 13:13   Link #67
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
im an anime only fan, and my guess was Boa had a penis in his back because she used to be a guy.. ala Ave Ventura...but im pretty sure its wrong..maybe a white beard pirae tattoo or gol.d. roger tattoo, arlong tatto?? lol dunno
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 13:44   Link #68
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
a giraffe has the base of a cow? maybe...hooves and spots???

EDIT: I wonder if the author is trying to setup the theme for double fruits? Perhaps in the word, there are occasionally fruits which have doubles. (I mean, how many centuries did that gomu gomu fruit go uneaten? and if they were created recently, then they weren't around in the "old world," which means there is a process to create them. They aren't magical "since-beginning-of-time" super longevity fruits.)
I believe that there can be only one devil fruit user at a time, and later when he dies the fruits eventually regrow somewhere
otherwise it'd be impossible for Vegapunk to study them so well and there wouldn't be books about possible existance of them in Sanji's past.

414 wasn't that bad and yet constant level of animation is lacking for me. I didn't like the way they made Gear 2nd look slow - he shoot only few punches so in comparison to Bruno fight it was nothing.

Next Episode Hancock naked !! From the preview (last scene) you could see her vag, but you can't since it's anime for kids XD
It also seems that this will be nearly all flashback episode, and I'm 90% certain of that after seeing young princesses.
Old 2009-08-24, 04:02   Link #69
Forever
Revealing the truth

The back mark is probably a sign for slaves. Probably they used to be sex slaves for some evil organisation?
Old 2009-08-24, 04:33   Link #70
Aesthetic Shampoo

Is it only me that finds the new style of animation really bad and ruining most scenes?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 19:19   Link #71
noktown

Yeah the animation is horrible for some reason and more importantly Boa's boobs look ugly and change their size with each scene.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 20:52   Link #72
ellifeedn
Thinker

I kinda feel that One Piece is running out of animation money and they are cutting costs anywhere they can, and with the anime catching up to the manga things can only go downhill from here.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:52   Link #73
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I kinda feel that One Piece is running out of animation money and they are cutting costs anywhere they can, and with the anime catching up to the manga things can only go downhill from here.
Actually it can't run out of the "animation money" lol,the anime is super popular in Japan,so it's the animation team that is cheap/lazy.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 00:25   Link #74
Aesthetic Shampoo

Glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks that way.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 09:48   Link #75
Rume
To The New World

They have different teams of animators for each episode, so this episode may not be the best of all. Plot wise, I think it's good, without it being draggy. The poison gas idea is cool.

Visit My Blog | My Gallery -- "I want to live! Take me out to the sea with you!"
Rume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 12:45   Link #76
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

^ Yea it was pretty good
Old 2009-08-25, 12:45   Link #77
Nosauz

so im rewatching some old episodes of op concurrently with the new ones, and man the animation quality is just horrendous compared to the previous episodes. I understand they have different animators, but why is the difference so dramatic
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:40   Link #78
Crimson Reaper

*Sigh* It's so frustrating that some people can't look beyond such a minor issue like animation quality and just enjoy the story. At least include your thoughts on the arc along with any complaints you have, make the most out of your posts. I always thought an arc dealing with one of the last two Shichibukai to be seen would have been a hot topic.
Quote:
Actually it can't run out of the "animation money"
That's not really accurate, each episode has it's own budget which must be stuck to. More important episodes or episodes with tons of fighting get the highest budget. You can't throw tons of money at a show no matter how popular it is. Though your point about the teams being cheap/lazy may well still be true.

Don't get me wrong guys, there have been many a time where I can see a lack of effort in some scenes and even a few times I've gone 'Ugh, was the artist drunk when he drew that?'. I understand where you're coming from, all I'm saying is that dwelling on it is a waste of our time. No one is gonna listen to us and increase the budget. I don't know why One Piece out of all the Big Three has such poor standards compared to the other two. But I love One Piece for the story, even the poor animation quality can't ruin that for me. Plus the music is nothing short of awesome. Sorry for the rant.
But yeah the standards better get higher for the next arc, it just screams to be made the most of. You anime only viewers will just have to wait to see what I'm talking about when the time comes.

Quote:
The poison gas idea is cool
I bet even Oda is kicking himself for not using that idea, if nothing else the anime team has some greats ideas from time to time.

Quote:
Boa's boobs look ugly and change their size with each scene.
Boa wasn't the first to suffer from this, poor Robin and Nami went through multiple cup size changes during both episodes and movies, depending how pervy the lead animater was.
Old 2009-08-25, 16:06   Link #79
Nosauz

I'm sorry but if you read the manga, you expected the animation to match what the mangaka is describing in the manga, if oda really wanted luffy's gomu gomu no pistol to be more like a gomu gomu no bb gun, then he would of wrote that way, but clearly he didn't. It's just expectations for the episodes to be atleast on par with manga is just hard to overcome, and these complaints are VALID.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 16:50   Link #80
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
you expected the animation to match what the mangaka is describing in the manga
Apart from the anime original content, hasn't the animation duplicated the manga quite well? I think that depends on the individual watching.

Quote:
if oda really wanted luffy's gomu gomu no pistol to be more like a gomu gomu no bb gun, then he would of wrote that way, but clearly he didn't
...Huh? BB gun? Are you talking about the pistol punches used in the anime original content? You're not being very clear. And besides, when you read a fight in a manga isn't it the reader who decides exactly how fast and everything is going on? When I read an attack by Luffy, is he attacking faster then you imagine he would, or slower?

Quote:
It's just expectations for the episodes to be atleast on par with manga
Again, expectations are individual. It's not really fair to compare manga to anime anyway. I prefer the manga over the anime, but I admit there are moments in the anime that are much better then their manga counterparts.

Quote:
these complaints are VALID
I never said they weren't. I agreed the quality is wanting at times myself. I'm just saying if you're going through the effort to post, then include everything you thought about that episode, complaints included. If you say the animation is poor, it's poor. I just hope it doesn't ruin the episode for you.
Maybe I'm not totally understanding what you're trying to say, but just to be clear I'm not going into a debate with you about this. If you disagree with me that's cool, stick by your own opinion. My next post will be about the next episode when it comes out, we've both made our points.