AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-11, 09:55   Link #21
Lendial

because the author wants to to sympathize with them on some level and because people will whine if someone is evil just for the lolz.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:59   Link #22
ronin myael
lost ronin

kabuto the nobody... hmmm... sorry, but i'm not really interested.

looks like this is the start of kabuto's end. let's hope it ends soon.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:05   Link #23
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I'm evil cause I feel like it. I come from a good home and a nice past...but I just feel like being evil.

^Where are these guys? Why do all bad guys suddenly have a tragic past?
the examples below are them. I don't know about the good home part, but at least we weren't made to feel sorry for them. they just enjoyed killing without some sort of tragic upbringing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheks View Post
^
Hidan was pretty nuts with his religion. Kakuzu, Deidara and his art. Kisame was a monster. Zabuza was a cold-blooded killer before he met Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
The power of flashback is the Izanami. It spells certain doom for Kabuto.
lol..

kabuto: there's no way you can kill me

itachi: my ultimate sharingan technique will force you to stand there and recount your tragic backstory to us during the fight

kabuto: noooo! that's my weak point! it's the only way to kill me!

itachi: izanami!

kabuto: when i was a young child, i was found half-dead with amnesia after a war...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 10:12   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the examples below are them. I don't know about the good home part, but at least we weren't made to feel sorry for them. they just enjoyed killing without some sort of tragic upbringing
True, but Kishi tried hard to make us sympathize and feel sad about half of those examples. There are no major arc villains that don't have some tragic past or whatever and it gets annoying...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 10:22   Link #25
Valky
Radioactive

And here I was expecting to see Izanami, yet Kishi decide to write "nothing" about "nobody".
Old 2012-04-11, 10:36   Link #26
SeanQ

god you're in the middle of a battle, no one cares about your past...the hell are they chatting so much!?!
Old 2012-04-11, 10:39   Link #27
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
god you're in the middle of a battle, no one cares about your past...the hell are they chatting so much!?!
^This...so much
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 10:48   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know what? I actually have no problem with Kabuto’s backstory (so far) coz he has chewed LOTS of pages in Naruto manga. To give him vague or no backstory even until he dies will actually make me mad. I’m so relieved that Kishi didn’t pull an Aizen out of Kabuto. Still, I’ll reserve my final judgement till I read the whole story of Kabuto. So yeah, I’m interested and I do enjoy this chapter.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:03   Link #29
Mists

Wow, this was almost a waste. Now we have to question how that story connects with Oro...but yeah...him a nobody...okay.

Is he supposed to be more similar to Naruto than anyone else because of that nobody no friends aspect? I sure hope he doesn't lose. But enough already, this is too much talking, let's see Izanami. Kabuto hopefully implanted Itachi with something considering he already knows Itachi can regenerate because of the Edo..

In fact I expect Kabuto to overpower these guys because of his knowledge of Edo and tools at hand, but yeah...let's see...
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:06   Link #30
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Hidan was the only really evil bastard in the manga. Kakuzu was given a sob story about his village selling him out in the databook. Deidara was given his struggle against the Uchiha. And Kurotsuchi referred to him affectionately, so at one point he was liked in Iwa. But Hidan was kicking puppies out of the womb.

Kishimoto's flashbacks makes Naruto seem like a different world. Hot nuns, indeed.

Kabuto is a a major villain and is about to die. Which in Kishimoto's mind means a flashback to show you how he got that way. The fact that it is occurring in a fight that already petered out is just bad timing. It just compounds the feeling that nothing is happening and the audience wants to move on.

I also found it funny that Itachi's spiel about relying on your friends to help you used a picture of Naruto. Naruto "I'll win the war by myself!" Uzumaki.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:26   Link #31
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
kabuto the nobody... hmmm... sorry, but i'm not really interested.

looks like this is the start of kabuto's end. let's hope it ends soon.
Considering you were one of the people complaining about the lack of back-story for Kabuto, I thought you'd be at least satisfied since you actually got what you asked for. Perhaps your post wasn't an actual sincere request, but simply complaining for the sake of complaining :/
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:29   Link #32
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

The two major bad guys are both "nobody". When you see how Naruto's entire life goal was that he wanted to be "somebody", it paints a clear contrasted picture.

I'm glad we finally got some background on Kabuto. I have to agree with the tragic backgrounds getting tiring though. The world gets more and more evil as it goes on, and it feels like giving every villian a tragic reason for their evil deeds is an excuse as if it's ok and no one's responsible for their actions. Naruto on the other hand, proves that even though he was subject to "a bad day", as Batman put it, that he wasn't going to let himself be defined by his circumstances, and instead consciously chose not to become a slave to that hatred.

That life-giving technique is exactly what the First's wood jutsu was. I'm starting to wonder what else Kabuto even needs besides a Sharingan or Rinnegan to become the next sage of six paths. He may usurp Tobi as the main bad guy. He hasn't been anywhere near as impressive. I've just got this feeling. Kabuto looks like he might beat the odds of the cliche and slither away somehow, or use the kunai to bring back Orochimaru.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:36   Link #33
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

I'm okay with Kabuto's back story--it's kind of interesting so far--but I'm really looking forward the the Uchiha brothers kicking some ass and then catching up with each other over a friendly cup of tea

(oh wait, zombies don't drink tea, epic fail)

anyway, a slow moving chapter, but I still have hopes that Itachi will win the day...somehow...
Old 2012-04-11, 13:27   Link #34
Ero-Senn1n

I liked this chapter, it's nice how each time some villain who has some connection to Itachi is about to die has a flashback where new things are revealed about Itachi. This time Itachi talks about his past that we have seen in his earlier flashbacks, where he was an arrogant guy who was thinking that he is the best. I remember the flashbacks where he beats the 3 Uchiha police guys and then gives them a speech how shitty they are, and then tells them that clan is also useless. Then when his father arrives he played the good guy, as one who is spying on his own clan has to, but it felt like he could snap any moment and just kill them, he even showed his MS to Sasuke. Did he play the good boy because he noticed Sasuke or because he realized that if he continues his speech he will ruin his spying efforts? Based on that flashback i did believe that he really killed his best friend to obtain MS. So i wonder how will Kishimoto finally make sense of Itachi's character when he was 12 years old and obtained somehow the MS.

Kabuto made 2 moves so far and in both cases one MS guy had to protect the other, pretty impressive. It's sad that someone who has become one of the strongest ninjas ever, way above Kage level, has to die in his first fight. Killed as a plot device, what a sad death

At least his flashback might be a decent one, it seems despite he wants to be an evil and emotionless guy (like in case of Sasori, speaking of which: Kabuto ended up as Sasori's slave somehow) he still has some humanity left in him: he wears those glasses despite having a perfect body which implies perfect vision.

I guess in the next chapter the nun-mom of Kabuto will die because she didn't see something and Kabuto will blame himself and/or be blamed by the other children. But i hope after that there will be more interesting things.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 13:54   Link #35
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
At least his flashback might be a decent one, it seems despite he wants to be an evil and emotionless guy (like in case of Sasori, speaking of which: Kabuto ended up as Sasori's slave somehow) he still has some humanity left in him: he wears those glasses despite having a perfect body which implies perfect vision.
I'm thinking he may be wearing his glasses for sentimental value rather than vision at this point, considering where he got them from. Admittedly, it feels a bit annoying getting a flashback in the middle of a fight (especially when we are about to witness a new technique), but it does seem like it will be an interesting story about Kabuto, which some people were asking for.

As for the tragic pasts, I think Kishimoto is emphasizing the flaws of the ninja system, mainly the worst effects of its socialization, and the monsters it can create. I can understand why some people may feel he is belaboring the point though.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:24   Link #36
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Next week, Kabuto is actually Tobi!
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:32   Link #37
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I liked this chapter, it's nice how each time some villain who has some connection to Itachi is about to die has a flashback where new things are revealed about Itachi. This time Itachi talks about his past that we have seen in his earlier flashbacks, where he was an arrogant guy who was thinking that he is the best. I remember the flashbacks where he beats the 3 Uchiha police guys and then gives them a speech how shitty they are, and then tells them that clan is also useless. Then when his father arrives he played the good guy, as one who is spying on his own clan has to, but it felt like he could snap any moment and just kill them, he even showed his MS to Sasuke. Did he play the good boy because he noticed Sasuke or because he realized that if he continues his speech he will ruin his spying efforts? Based on that flashback i did believe that he really killed his best friend to obtain MS. So i wonder how will Kishimoto finally make sense of Itachi's character when he was 12 years old and obtained somehow the MS.

Kabuto made 2 moves so far and in both cases one MS guy had to protect the other, pretty impressive. It's sad that someone who has become one of the strongest ninjas ever, way above Kage level, has to die in his first fight. Killed as a plot device, what a sad death

I guess in the next chapter the nun-mom of Kabuto will die because she didn't see something and Kabuto will blame himself and/or be blamed by the other children. But i hope after that there will be more interesting things.
Shisui asked Itachi to help him die so Itachi didn't kill Shisui just to get MS. It's ironic that Kabuto could get Madara's DNA but couldn't get Shisui's even though Madara died so long ago.

Itachi says he was arrogant in the past but he once said to kid Sasuke that those who gain power become arrogant so even back then Itachi admitted his faults (to Sasuke).

I think Itachi was in grief over helping Shisui die which is why he stopped being aggressive to those 3 Uchiha when his dad came and Itachi showed his MS to Sasuke.

And Kabuto has become overconfident due to getting power for him to say the Uchiha are nothing compared to him.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:03   Link #38
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
As for the tragic pasts, I think Kishimoto is emphasizing the flaws of the ninja system, mainly the worst effects of its socialization, and the monsters it can create. I can understand why some people may feel he is belaboring the point though.
The manga is written for mostly pre-teen boys who often forget what they just read after 10 minutes. So Kishimoto has to keep hammering themes home. Hell, even Itachi was basically repeating what he said in previous chapters. Even if the readers should know by now the ninja system sucks, Kishi has to give yet more examples.

I hope Sakura becomes a nun now.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:16   Link #39
Alchemist007
*Author

I hope this isn't some pull for sympathy, because it's not working (yet).
Old 2012-04-11, 17:21   Link #40
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

The first box of this weeks chapter was really funny. I read from right to left so it goes "Itachi's secret plan" then the title "Nothing". I fell off my chair during Econ class!
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion