AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-27, 16:15   Link #161
elmoisfat

Definitely Naruto.....it gets worse as it goes on. same would apply for One Piece (though i like it), which has a lot of extremely boring and long filler arcs (7 episodes per filler?), and the main plot and animation quality gets bad too after 170 episodes.
Old 2004-05-31, 12:18   Link #162
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoisfat
Definitely Naruto.....it gets worse as it goes on. same would apply for One Piece (though i like it), which has a lot of extremely boring and long filler arcs (7 episodes per filler?), and the main plot and animation quality gets bad too after 170 episodes.

I damn agree!! At first Naruto seems promising with mix of comedy and actions but as the story devolop the comedy seems to be lagging, and the actions seems to covered up the anime...sigh... i just watch till ep around 10 then i quit...
Old 2004-06-01, 01:40   Link #163
nukunuku
cat+android=catgirl!

i dont like battle ranchers. just never got it
naruto is good, i havent seen all the anime im mostly into the manga so im not sure if its bad or not. i like animes made with a purpose in mind not just to franchise stuff but i dont take things too seriously, anime is anime. why do people hate me if i like the matrix revolutions? it wasnt that bad.
Old 2004-06-01, 02:28   Link #164
Blitz59

Hm hard as I don't watch much anime but those that are generally 'critically acclaimed' but..Grappler Baki, I agree it lacks deep plot and everything but I think it's sorta wicked, somehow. Different even.
It got a bad reputation from the previous versions(really shitty), I think this one has pretty good animations and general progression although it does tend to draw things out, fights are kickass, haven't read the manga yet and doubt I will(it's not that good an anime, but it does fill the void between each Naruto - that's not the best, but the only currently airing one that I watch regularly now that FMA is lost).
Not that anyone has seen it to begin with..

I do on the other hand hate Gundam(begone, mechas), Pokemon, Digimon and Sailor Moon quite passionately. Macross being so-so.
Old 2004-06-01, 10:34   Link #165
sentakuki

I don't like Cowboy Bebop or Inuyasha
Old 2004-06-01, 15:46   Link #166
donna8157

I dislike "Full Moon wo Sagashite" and "Ranma 1/2" to some extent mainly because of a few of the characters in these series.

"Full Moon wo Sagashite" - True it had an angsty plot and such, but I just didn't like the main character Full Moon-san and her little girl counterpart. I also disliked the fact that Meryl who had loved the other shinigami didn't get to be with him and instead became an angel. I just thought it was incredibly sad that her love wasn't reciprocated.

"Ranma 1/2" - It's a fun series to watch at times . . but I really really dislike Akane. She's loudmouthed and her constant jealousy is sincerely annoying. Also the animation was terrible. the only people I liked were Ryoga and Ukyo.

Last edited by donna8157; 2004-06-02 at 14:30.
Old 2004-06-01, 20:13   Link #167
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Inuyasha, they should just delete all the episodes where seeshoumaru does not play a role, and rename it to sesshoumaru.

stopped watching after kikyo dies and the episode after that a random monster was thrown in.... and i just stopped watching

Hey can someone just tell me all the episodes after 126 that have sesshoumaru in them so i can watch only those?

EDIT: oh yah I agree that grappler Baki TOTALLY sux ass, can't beleive people liked it...
Old 2004-06-01, 20:43   Link #168
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

as for me:

Inuyasha: i dont see why its good....theres nothing really interesting about it...

ANY KIND OF GUNDAM: they all are screwed up....

Melody Of Oblivion: the anime so far doesnt look like its going n e where and i bet its gonna be like that for the rest of the series

pokemon,digimon,yu-gi-oh,sailor moon: they suck.(period)

DB-DBZ-DBGT: All craptacular,It abuses the act of "extending a series" goku powers up for one whole episode..then they talk for one whole episode..then when the fighting finnally starts...they hit each other like 10 times and then they start talking again....and whats the plot to this? guy comes,guy talks trash,the "good guys" become stronger,kick the guy out of planet or completely destroy him,rinse and repeat.

----EnDeR I)ark-I)eath----
Old 2004-06-01, 20:48   Link #169
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Hmmm... I really hate... all anime's that are included in the "romance" category... I dont really understand... why people like those anime's... so much..., well it is so... so... "boring"...
Depends on the anime, if they focus toooooooo much on the romance they kill, obliterate, anhilate, blow to smithereens. etc. to the plot...

-Fushigu Yugi for example, I liked it, had all the secret elements to a great anime (Strong gay guy, Greedy main hero who values money a lot, kick ass plot, etc.)

But that 16 year old priestess had to fall in love with the main hero, and here we goo " I LOVE YOU!" " NO I LOVE YOU MORE MY LOVE" "NO NO I MUST INSIST! THAT I LOVE U MORE!!"

ARGH!!!! MY BRAIN..~ sE.i.zure..

Oh yah any of u bother reading posts that i can use for an english essay? PLz people keep ur points short and simple..
Old 2004-06-02, 23:55   Link #170
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
Inuyasha, they should just delete all the episodes where seeshoumaru does not play a role, and rename it to sesshoumaru.

stopped watching after kikyo dies and the episode after that a random monster was thrown in.... and i just stopped watching

Hey can someone just tell me all the episodes after 126 that have sesshoumaru in them so i can watch only those?

EDIT: oh yah I agree that grappler Baki TOTALLY sux ass, can't beleive people liked it...
Huh? I kinda love Inuyasha lolz~
Deferent ppl deferent taste...haha~

I've watch till ep 138 and within ep 121-138 there's an episodes that talk about Sesshomaru and his love one...i 4got her name but man she's the most beautiful woman i see in this anime even more beautiful than Kikyo. Is sad though...but i forgot which ep is it...but u must not miss it if u r a sesshomaru fan since is a very important ep that explain Sesshomaru past... ^_^
Old 2004-06-03, 00:04   Link #171
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
as for me:

Inuyasha: i dont see why its good....theres nothing really interesting about it...
How far hav u watch?? Is an Epic adventure anime, thus if u dun like it's genre u'll find it hard to accept this anime. Deferent ppl got deferent taste though...

Quote:
ANY KIND OF GUNDAM: they all are screwed up.......
I kinda like it but not really into it though...haha~ i hav no position to give view here but i just wanted to say is that...this anime really interesting at the battle parts...and many ppl love it though...

Quote:
pokemon,digimon,yu-gi-oh,sailor moon: they suck.(period)
I dun like others but i like pokemon ^_^ is abit out from my age though...but the pokemons r just so cute.......i can stand it.... Kawaii >.<

Quote:
DB-DBZ-DBGT: All craptacular,It abuses the act of "extending a series" goku powers up for one whole episode..then they talk for one whole episode..then when the fighting finnally starts...they hit each other like 10 times and then they start talking again....and whats the plot to this? guy comes,guy talks trash,the "good guys" become stronger,kick the guy out of planet or completely destroy him,rinse and repeat.)
I damn agree...this anime sucks big time...i often fall asleep by just watching them fight...damn i wonder how ppl can stand watching them...
Old 2004-06-03, 00:13   Link #172
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Sid_Burn, i'm one of the fans that crazy about romance anime and always hunting for a good romance anime. If u dun mind can i ask how old r u?? I think it might b because of ur age that makes u dun understand about relationships yet... Mayb as u grew older u'll come to understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
Depends on the anime, if they focus toooooooo much on the romance they kill, obliterate, anhilate, blow to smithereens. etc. to the plot...

-Fushigu Yugi for example, I liked it, had all the secret elements to a great anime (Strong gay guy, Greedy main hero who values money a lot, kick ass plot, etc.)

But that 16 year old priestess had to fall in love with the main hero, and here we goo " I LOVE YOU!" " NO I LOVE YOU MORE MY LOVE" "NO NO I MUST INSIST! THAT I LOVE U MORE!!"

ARGH!!!! MY BRAIN..~ sE.i.zure..

Oh yah any of u bother reading posts that i can use for an english essay? PLz people keep ur points short and simple..

I love Fushigi Yuugi but i dislike this part " I LOVE YOU!" " NO I LOVE YOU MORE MY LOVE" "NO NO I MUST INSIST! THAT I LOVE U MORE!!". U'll seen this scene just too much to bear...or sometimes goes like this = "Miaka!!" "Tamahome!!" "Miaka!!" "Tamahome" then they hug...end of romance scene....sigh...this part is irritating and outdated...but can't blame since this anime is quite old. Anyhow this anime really got a good mix genre...fighting,romance,comedy,fantasy,friendship ,and etc... Is a worth while anime.
Old 2004-06-03, 01:47   Link #173
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
I damn agree...this anime sucks big time...i often fall asleep by just watching them fight...damn i wonder how ppl can stand watching them...
Talk about boredsville here . It only gets recycled season after season. Though one character that still holds my interest would be only Goku, Teen Gohan & Yamcha. Other than that I really didn't get much into this anime. The characters just got too weird (other than the ones that I mentioned). And the movies are no exception

But actually about Pokemon, I still like it. I don't care what anyone says. But as for Gundam Wing, I seriously didn't like it how they made 5 pilots go at each others throat (except for Quatre Winner). And that they made the main character into an anti-hero (Yuy). That turned me off.

Sailor Moon, if there was one "magical girl" genre I'd rather watch. It would be Wedding Peach. And worse yet, they made a live action version of Sailor Moon (creepy). And if there was a few mech transforming into a super mechanized fighting machine. It would be Gravion, because I've seen this and it looks great (as for the animes in this genre other than Gravion, I could careless about. Excluding Transformers Armada/Energon )
Old 2004-06-04, 02:33   Link #174
Weirdanzeige
Anti-You

Quote:
DB-DBZ-DBGT: All craptacular,It abuses the act of "extending a series" goku powers up for one whole episode..then they talk for one whole episode..then when the fighting finnally starts...they hit each other like 10 times and then they start talking again....and whats the plot to this? guy comes,guy talks trash,the "good guys" become stronger,kick the guy out of planet or completely destroy him,rinse and repeat.
----EnDeR I)ark-I)eath----
I agree. Seriously, I f*cken swear, like on more tha n half of the eps on dbz and dbgt, all the characters do for the whole 24 minutes is *grunt* and *sigh*...then they scream and argue..then some more grunting and sighing.
Old 2004-06-04, 05:12   Link #175
Idioteva

I think that alot of animes fall into one catagory that I really hate. These are the shows that just keep on making more shows eg Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Dragonball, Tenchi Myuo ect. The first seris' *yeah i can't spell* tend to be bareable and then they just keep on screwing it untill they are left with a pile a slush. I personaly watched pokemon and dbz as a child but then other people started to watch it. It was then a case of 'wow this is so cool' and they just ended up overating them. This made they make more for the audience when they should have just left it while it was good. Even though i had watched them I didn't think much of them because i had already been exposed to the more adult stuff eg fist of the north star, dominion tank police ect years before it came out and knew there was better stuff out there.
I never really liked Akira. Adverts on tapes, my dad and other adults were saying 'this movie is great'. I started watching it and i was so bored i just couldn't stand it. A few years later i came back and watched it over a period of 3 nights and it was still boring to me. I'm wondering if people only like it because the animation was real sweet back then?
I also don't like prince of tennis. Before i had even started watching it i had my douts because how can you have over 100 eps about tennis? There can only be so much you can do. I still watched the first 5 eps and found it boring. It gave me the impression that i should be impressed by this guy because he plays with his worst hand. It didn't work for me.
I do like naruto but i don't worship it. I don't like the anime that much because it makes the show drag on more than it really would. I much prefere the manga because it makes it not drag on for so long. I don't really see why people should love it. There is only so far you can go. I know many people in aone's irc room got banned because they said gantz was a naruto spin off and people started fighting over it.
Old 2004-06-04, 05:26   Link #176
nikita

Wink Love Hina

I don't like Love Hina , actually I am no interested in this anime though I downloded , I haven't watched after first eps. Extremely dislike!! Don't ask me why coz I don't know ;just feeling bad and don't like story after wathed first eps. ~~
I knew most ppl love this anime. I am sorry about that!!^^
Old 2004-06-04, 11:37   Link #177
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Off the top of my head . .

Scrapped Princess - I really don't understand how this series became so beloved -- might just be because I've never really liked the medieval fantasy genre, though

Fushigi Yuugi - ditto

Uninhabited Planet Survive - I stuck with this show for quite awhile, but the characters and plot are pretty uninteresting and the animation is pretty bland. Love the ED though ^^

Ragnarok Online - Love the game, but the anime is annoyingly bad IMO. And I'm still scratching my head whenever someone says they love the opening song . . .
Old 2004-06-04, 12:26   Link #178
zindryr
Bakafish Person and Stuff

Trigun, that anime is terrible. Everyone tries to compare it to Cowboy Bebop, and they say that Trigun is just as good if not better than Cowboy Bebop. I watched about four or so episodes of Trigun and I can officially say I despise that Anime. It's freaking awful.

Prince of Tennis. Everyone says it's ridiculous. I agree, ridiculously bad. Oh look, the tennis ball is going faster than anything we've ever seen before, I must get a new tennis racket so the ball doesn't fly through the net! Oh no!

That's it for now. I can come back and list more later, because I have alot, and I do like making fun of them.
Old 2004-06-04, 13:12   Link #179
Daisakura
Studio Gangsta

OMG... just the thought of this show drives me insane...Naruto!!! I just hate it when you know the characters attacks better than the freakin Characters themselves... I see myself saying "use this attack at this time!!" but noo they usually get that stupid scared 'I'm gonna die' look on thier faces. I hate that crap sooo much ... dont fight if you aren't gonna fight!!!!

...and for Fushigi Yuugi... wow ... what a good show ... until the whole "Tomahome! Miaka! Tomahome! Miaka!' thing... wow... I couldn't make it to the end of the episode... and that was it for that show!

But my most hated show...(and director) FLCL!!!! OMFG... to keep it short and sweet.... BAD!!! NOT GOOD!! HORRID!!! KareKano was soo good I don't understand...
Old 2004-06-04, 15:55   Link #180
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
I'm wondering if people only like it because the animation was real sweet back then?
While I agree that the animation is a big draw for Akira, I'm curious about how you phrased this, as if there's anime with better animation out there. If this is the case, I'd really like to see this anime. Everytime an anime comes out where people say it's "the next Akira" I'm always dissapointed.
Closed Thread